Deleted

Exclamation USB sound card ?

So I've got a headset and the mic is giving me static , nothing I do makes it go away I pretty much tried everything.

So because 3.5 mm jacks suck fucking donkey cock I'm considering buying a 'USB sound card' hoping the USB conversion and bypassing the connection with the jacks to my computer is going to get rid of the static.
    http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Channel-Ex...410CKHTTMMYW7A

Can anyone give some clarification on this ? Would this work ? Would it get rid of the static ?

Pls help

------------
    Ok so : My headset used two 3.5mm jacks to connect. I've tried connectiong them to the front and back imputs , didn't help. I've tried switching power sockets with my PSU cable. I've tried updating drivers , I've tried fucking around with sound settings .... all to no avail
    Last edited by mmoc28343bf2d3; 2014-10-13 at 05:14 PM.

Static in headphones can be caused by any number of things. O_o

Details to how you have things setup and what you tried to change in cable management, and other like troubleshooting things would be helpful a bit.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

Deleted
    Ok so : My headset used two 3.5mm jacks to connect. I've tried connectiong them to the front and back imputs , didn't help. I've tried switching power sockets with my PSU cable. I've tried updating drivers , I've tried fucking around with sound settings .... all to no avail

Is your outlet grounded?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Is your outlet grounded?
    can that be the issue ? if so : how do I ground the damn thing

Looks like I'll have my dad take care of that then

The mic is giving static? How so? Like other people hear static when you speak? That's often caused by too high a gain on the output or the codec used on the chat server - namely on vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    when I record my sound imput with audacity it clearly shows the static I've tried using noise cancelation but that makes me sound like a robot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    can that be the issue ? if so : how do I ground the damn thing
    I asked my dad since he installed all the electrical wiring in our house and he says every socket in our house is grounded

I asked my dad since he installed all the electrical wiring in our house and he says every socket in our house is grounded
    Ah OK. Just to make sure though, most power strips have a light that shows if it's grounded properly. Audio static is typically caused by grounding issues or electrical noise generated by other components.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Ah OK. Just to make sure though, most power strips have a light that shows if it's grounded properly. Audio static is typically caused by grounding issues or electrical noise generated by other components.
    guess i'm fooked .... sucks

guess i'm fooked .... sucks
    You're not, a USB sound card would work just fine. Though, I'd certainly spend more than $1.99 for it.

build pics

I had the same problem, people were telling me i sounded like bees. I just bought a USB microphone/headset. No problems since. Just avoid using jack microphones.