What should I do, Canadians?

1. Try Tim Horton's
    2. ?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

1. Try Tim Horton's
    2. ?????
    Find a nice local coffee shop. Tim Hortons is like the Starbucks' of Canada. Local coffee shops will be better.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

admire how pretty it is and eat a lot of amazing asian food.

and yeah, skip tim horton's, that place is pretty garbage. it's mostly only popular cuz canadians are so desperate to be proud of *something* canadian in such an americanized country, and tim horton's advertises itself as being some sort of canadian national symbol, if not THE canadian national symbol.
    Last edited by hellosaltygoodness; 2014-10-13 at 07:27 PM.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

1. Try Tim Horton's
    2. ?????
    There's a good strip joint pretty close to the border.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not be goaded into becoming a Canucks fan. In fact stay as far away from Rogers Arena as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Hollywood of Canada, so go sightseeing whatever TV production stuff they have there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go on the SkyTrain.

It was exciting for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Go on the SkyTrain.

It was exciting for me.
    That should be fun for the hour or so you idle. Don't forget to watch your step if you decide to walk to the next station.

I will say to visit a Cactus Club Cafe. Go wild and order anything you want. Even if its not on the menu. The spicy chicken starters are pretty good. Oh and if you're here on the 23rd you can stare at the sun. If its not raining ofc
    Last edited by Ayla; 2014-10-13 at 09:53 PM.

Just walk around Vancouver (in the good parts, google that) the city is beautiful. Also, go to the pier and look out to the water that is facing I believe North Vancouver... damn, what a site that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Go on the SkyTrain.

It was exciting for me.
    If you're leaving the airport and not using a vehicle, you'll get to experience the sky train/metro system, real cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stay the fuck away from maple syrup. Unknown to the public it will trigger an alert on any CWA field monitor.
    Other than that try to get a ticket to a game with Thor & Odin's replicas, the Sedin brothers.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, rent a car and drive up to Whistler. The drive itself is gobsmackingly beautiful, as is Whistler itself. If you're there in the right season, you can ski. If in the wrong, you can mountain bike. Or you could just take the gondola up to the top of the mountain, where there are stunning vistas of the surrounding mountain range.

Just to give you a sense of what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Reeve; 2014-10-14 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's the Hollywood of Canada, so go sightseeing whatever TV production stuff they have there.
    Yep, see if you can find out what and where things are being filmed. And Timmy Horton's is fine, cuz Starbucks doesn't have donuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Find a nice local coffee shop. Tim Hortons is like the Starbucks' of Canada. Local coffee shops will be better.
    You remind me of someone in my office lol. They hate Tim Hortons and will always go for some hipster fresh pressed espresso latte fuckawhatever. lol

Tim Hortons > all though. Seriously, under $2 for a gigantic coffee, like $3 w/ a fresh donut. How awesome is that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Do not be goaded into becoming a Canucks fan. In fact stay as far away from Rogers Arena as possible.
    best advice in the thread lol
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You remind me of someone in my office lol. They hate Tim Hortons and will always go for some hipster fresh pressed espresso latte fuckawhatever. lol

Tim Hortons > all though. Seriously, under $2 for a gigantic coffee, like $3 w/ a fresh donut. How awesome is that.
    I've got nothing against chains like Starbucks' or Tim Hortons. I drank Starbucks' every day when I was in Glasgow. You can get that stuff anywhere though, so it's nicer when you're traveling to go to local places as much as possible, and I know for a fact that Vancouver is full of local hipster coffee shops that are pretty good.

I've got nothing against chains like Starbucks' or Tim Hortons. I drank Starbucks' every day when I was in Glasgow. You can get that stuff anywhere though, so it's nicer when you're traveling to go to local places as much as possible, and I know for a fact that Vancouver is full of local hipster coffee shops that are pretty good.
    Yeah but that's for the locals!

10+ Year Old Account
    The metrotown mall is pretty cool

Not entirely true. Tim Hortons is bad, relatively cheap coffee, and their menu is gigantic, and they have amazing sandwiches that are ready as fast as any mcshit burger. The coffee is bad though. Canadians who are coffee snobs don't like their coffee.

The climate of Canada just makes hot beverages more of a way of life here than in say Texas, where you put ice in your tea, and call your disgustingly sweet iced tea "sweet tea" instead since all of the tea is iced tea.

As a result forget Tim Hortons, find a nice indie coffee shop. I believe Vancouver also has a really big indie music culture as well. If you can get a car and a ferry over to Vancouver Island it's pretty there too. Or Salt Spring Island is really nice as well.

There goes Gheld, committing treason again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    There goes Gheld, committing treason again.
    The world needs to know what has been going on in Canada! We won't let the media ignore us just because we don't have oil like Iraq.

EDIT: apparently I also misread Reeve's post and schooled him on bad coffee even though he was on our side. What have I done!?

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Go to Stanley Park. It's pretty neat.