10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation i have a dilemma

i have one night elf and 6 blood elves. now i know we have the option to toggle the new models on or off. however if i want to take part in the molten core event or any other content from now until wod i'm going to have to gamble that the models for blood elves will either be good enough that they resemble my current blood elves enough or that they will be so awful i can safely not use them and not have regrets. what should i do? should i enable the models and hope the blood elf models turn out decent? or should i disable them and hope i don't miss out on what might be better models? PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT LOOKING AT THIS FROM A GRAPHICAL PERSPECTIVE. to me the fact that they are going to have higher resolution and stuff doesn't mean they are going to be good. or should i wait and miss out on a one time event?
    would a gm be able to help me undo my decision if i make the wrong one further down the line? (i'm guessing no.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I'm confused. Do you think the option is one-time-only and if you enable it, you're stuck that way?

'in the molten core event i'm going to have to gamble that the models for blood elves will either be good enough that they resemble my current blood elves enough or that they will be so awful i can safely not use them and not have regrets. what should i do?'

Turn the off if you don't like them or turn them on if you do. It's not a dilemma, you don't have to do one over the other. You can go do anything you want either way unless I'm missing out on some information that states you can't do the event with old models. You can toggle the option in the system menu, it's not done at character creation as a permanent change.

The new BE models most assuredly will not be out during the anniversary event. I would hazard a guess that 6.1 would be out around Feb/Mar.

So...there is nothing to worry about? I'm with the above poster in my confusion. The new models are a toggleable check-box in the game options.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Yeah I don't understand the dilemma, you just turn the toggle on or off whenever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The new BE models most assuredly will not be out during the anniversary event. I would hazard a guess that 6.1 would be out around Feb/Mar.

So...there is nothing to worry about? I'm with the above poster in my confusion. The new models are a toggleable check-box in the game options.
    i thought they were a one time toggle that once you pick one your stuck with it? at least that's what i had been told.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought they were a one time toggle that once you pick one your stuck with it? at least that's what i had been told.
    Nope, you are free to turn them off or on whenever you please.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    threadisfunny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    threadisfunny
    uhm how is a legitimate question funny?????

I double checked on the Public Test Realm because I realize game information is not common sense and not everyone just naturally knows everything. So, I went and looked for you. In the system settings, under the right side in the Advanced tab is a setting that says Show New Character Models. It can be turned on and off whenever.

Deleted
    Rhymes with your name, lol threadisfunny

When its coming from an idiot it is

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-13 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Now now, keep the toxic in-game, where it belongs.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    The person's question was a legitimate one. Your reply was unhelpful and unnecessary. it has been answered, don't stoke the flames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna just close this here. It was a misunderstanding that was cleared up.