Debating heavily on playing WoD: What are the must do's to get ready for WoD's releas

So, as the title says I'm debating heavily on playing WoD.

A little back information: I reluctantly bought MoP just to level to 90, and basically did nothing after hitting the cap. That means I have whatever leveling gear I received, and that's it. I'm a well seasoned and experienced player, so I definitely know the riggarmarole of what I probably should do. I suppose my main points lay on what I should be doing to gear, and the easiest / quickest dungeons/heroics I should run.

What item level will be required to get into LFR and take Garrosh down. The only thing I'm personally interested in for leveling is the heirloom bow. Do you guys have any suggestions on must have gear, or pieces going into the leveling process of WoD? I am definitely far too late to snag a leg cloak.

I will be leveling as BM after the research I have compiled from others' research and logs. The AoE of BM would far outweigh the single target destruction that MM would bring. I know BM doesn't have much healing, like MM or SV do. If you don't get hit, you don't need healing anyway. As a hunter, getting hit is easily avoidable.

So basically all I'm asking is for a TL;DR please and thanks, get me up to speed post. Please include the most relevant information to what I have asked for, and any relevance that you think that could benefit me from the 14th of October to the 12th of November.

I know I will get a tonne of do it yourself, or research it yourself. I have been keeping up, and researching, don't worry. Just remember, I haven't played in roughly two years, so any of the important in-game stuff I have no access to. Such as drop rates, and what instances are much easier to rip through and more rewards per minute.

I humbly thank you in advance, oh Hunter community of awesome.

-Sylv.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Head straight to timeless isle to do world bosses and get the timless gear from mobs/chests. Minimum ilvl is 496 or something like that for LFR, just normal difficulty progression from there on. Not sure how much you will be going to get done in terms of norma/heroic SoO since release is pretty close.

You won't get the heirloom bow from LFR. It's only for Flex and above (as of tomorrow, renamed to Normal). You can get it pretty easily, lots of guilds sell flex 4 runs just so people can get a chance at that heirloom bow.

The ilvl to get into SoO LFR is 496, which you can easily get from Timeless Isle like the poster above mentioned.

Thanks! I forgot all about timeless. I need to do some read up then. Minimum is enough ilvl to see Garrosh fall and then loot the bow. Next up would be Flex for the bow if I can manage a decent enough ilvl in a short period of time. Heroic is no way possible unless I get a carry.

How much gating is on timeless isle exactly? roughly 3-4 weeks of gating or more? Where do I get green fire for my hunter? (jokes.)
    So just rip timeless isle as fast as possible and ignore heroic gear / JP:VP?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was from LFR? I read that there was three versions of the bow: LFR, Flex and Heroic? That isn't accurate information then?
    So if I can snag a carry, I won't need to really farm timeless and waste time not getting a bow straight away. I can still farm timeless to get gear that will assist in the leveling then? I take it timeless isle is better than dungeon gear?
    I was a Death's Demise.

There is no gating on Timeless Isle. You can go there immediately when you hit 90. It might be hard to farm the mobs there til you get some more of the 496 drops, but there's a bunch of one-time chests around the island that have the 496 drops in them.

Plus, people are always forming groups for frogs (the easiest mob on the isle, and heavily farmed), you can get pieces there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I thought it was from LFR? I read that there was three versions of the bow: LFR, Flex and Heroic? That isn't accurate information then?
    So if I can snag a carry, I won't need to really farm timeless and waste time not getting a bow straight away. I can still farm timeless to get gear that will assist in the leveling then? I take it timeless isle is better than dungeon gear?
    No, the bow is from flex/normal/heroic. You're missing a level of difficulty in there.

Don't do a carry today. As of tomorrow, the first time you kill Garrosh in any of those 3 difficulties, if you haven't received an heirloom before (which you haven't), you'll have a 100% chance to get one. And that first one will always be for your spec, IE, for you, it'll be the bow.

And yes, heroic dungeon gear is 463 blues, Timeless Isle gear is 496 purples, upgradeable to 535 if you farm enough coins on the isle.

This is exactly the type of information I was asking for! Perfection!
    Oh! I didn't realize that flex was its own difficulty. I thought flex turned into normal. WoD will be Flex/Normal/Heroic/Mythic then?

I did know about the changes for tomorrow concerning the 100% drop, I just got the difficulties mixed up. Boy do I ever feel scrubby going after a carry, but with all the work I did raiding, I guess I can squeeze in some laziness.

I'm not currently subbed, but I mise well start today and get a 24 hour head-start on the isle. I'm going to go through the changes for tomorrow again and see if there are any changes for the isle that would make starting tomorrow more beneficial instead of today.
    I was a Death's Demise.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.0 very soon. when that drops do ubrs for 550 ilvl blues. and do some bgs for 550 pvp epics. This will get you over geared for leveling up. I would just finish off quests reps and do some other stuff that you dont want to come back to during wod.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the information!

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge Mode 9/9 Gold. Feels good!
    Have a great night everyone.
    I was a Death's Demise.