Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Create a fake account and use it instead.

Oh wait, you're actually addicted to it. Nevermind, let your friends know they can call you whenever they want and delete your account. Or, you know, meet you IRL if they're your friends.

I have a facebook i never use (i last logged on it about a year ago (maybe 2?) to talk to a friend from school). I wouldn't say it's weird not to have one, i'd delete mine if not for the offchance i'll talk to an old friend on it every few years :P

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this before and felt a more richer social life without it, like you know going out with friends and not being tagged in some shitty status confirming to the world that you did infact watch that new movie!
    I've really ignored Facebook largely. I have some family on it since we're spread out over Europe, but if I look at it once a week, it's much. Whenever I'm on there, I may post a funny cat pic with a "lols" and that's it. I wouldn't know what else to write on there. A friend keeps telling me to check out his FB for some pic he made and I keep telling him to just send the link to the pic to me... this happens every single time, he just doesn't get that instead of me going to a website, it's much easier for me if he just posts the url with "hey check this out". Guess this will go on like that forever. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I take 1-3 month breaks once a year.

And yes, it is weird to not have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I only use an empty fake Facebook account to stalk people.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol at the people saying its weird to not have a fb account. Ive never had a facebook account, when im not with my friends in real life im on ventrillo with them or using viber on the phone. I dont feel the need to have 200 or so "friends" and only actually speak to or give a shit about 20 of em. Being on facebook all the time is what's weird.

Deleted
    Weird? No. Unusual perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only use it for organizing events. If I want to talk to my friends I do it through skype, mumble etc. instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Nah that's normal what's weird is having a facebook account with 0 friends groups or anything of that sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    How else will i say happy birthday to people i don't really like

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I take 1-3 month breaks once a year.

And yes, it is weird to not have one.
    By what standards?

Facebook has replaced email for me in a social sense. And for that reason, as much as I want to delete my account, I've come to rely on it.

Now, I don't put up pictures of cats or annoying status updates with a picture of my breakfast followed by 10 hashtags, but it's become the best means for me to keep/get i touch with people who I haven't seen for a long time. Cell phone numbers change, emails change, people move, but facebook seems to be that one reliable constant where you can almost always get in touch with someone. Even if they're not on your friends list, you can search for them and send them a message.

I don't upload much to Facebook at all, but over the years, even infrequent uploads have formed into a decent collection, and I do wonder if perhaps I should just remove everything and keep it as just a modern version of email, but that wont stop me checking the news feed 10x a day because I'm bored.

-edit-

This thread got me thinking, if I didn't have friends scattered over the country/world whom I hardly ever see, then I could probably delete my facebook. My close friends who are local, and I always see, we never interact on facebook. We have a Viber message group for organizing things and just talking shit.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2014-10-14 at 02:47 PM.

I prefer Twitter over Facebook any day. I'd get rid of my Facebook if I could but I like having it to keep in touch and see pictures of my family over seas. But ya, I fucking hate Facebook.

The weird thing is to have one.

But Zuckerberg is happy if you have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a facebook account, it's totally empty with no information in it. No idea what the password is at this point. It exists only so another person can't claim to be me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

If you are a guy, I think if you have a facebook that doesn't portray you to be a loser, it could help you with dating compared to not having one. Men without facebook and other social media can raise flags with some chicks who are used to most of her friends having that level of openness.

Outside of that- and that one consideration drives many a guy to hop on facebook- I don't think it's strange.

I do not have a facebook, but I've considered it before. It just isn't the type of guy I am anyway. Maybe one day.

I had a Facebook account for about 5 days. The only thing I ever saw on there was my friend bragging about his new sex life, a bunch of people I don't even remember from high school asking to friend me, and baby pictures from people I barely kept in touch with, and who I didn't care about their children anyway. I rarely ever posted anything about myself, except when I went in to have surgery, and the only person who said anything about it was an old friend from 20 years ago.

It's great if you want to find out just how much no one gives a shit about each other though.

Apparently some people find it weird when you don't have one. Some people even get hysterical about it if you say you don't have one. I've had at least a handful of people already being like ''You don't have a Facebook-account?'' (followed by a sarcastic/disliking facial expression). I find it absurd that nowadays many people think that Facebook is a requirement in order to be able to socialize.

I know tons of people who are using it, but keep relations to only Facebook as well. Around me I see many people adding each other on Facebook purely because they happen to have passed by each other once but never spoke each other in real, nor on Facebook. Why would you even add this person as a Facebook-friend then? Does a person become special when he/she collects 1000 Facebook-''friends''? I know a person who has almost 1000 Facebook-friends, most of them which he/she also knows in real life, but yet he/she never speaks with them in real life, nor on Facebook, and came to me a few times already saying that he/she is depressed because none ever wants to hang out with him/her. There are people who hang out on Facebook all day, but don't talk to 99% of their Facebook-friends on Facebook nor in real life.

So yeah, in my opinion your weirder if you're using Facebook (and using it like I just described) than when you're not using Facebook. Stay away from it if you're only planning to join it because people think you're weird without it, and only join if you see personal value in it.

I see Facebook as a ''status'' thing. Just like groups of I-Phone people who like other people with I-Phones, etc. And if you don't have one, people will not ''like you right away''. Sadly enough Facebook covers a massive group of people.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Little weird for the first few seconds but then who cares. If you don't have a cell phone for any reason other than financial, you're a total weirdo.

Its not weird but its inconvenient. I find most get togethers/parties are organized via facebook these days, in my age group anyway (early 30's). Always have to think about so and so who don't have facebook, and its always like 1 or 2 people out of the 10-15 you invite. Inconvenient, but not weird.