Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

what times do you start working?

As I'm typing this it's little past 7 am, in 15 minutes I'll be at work. I fucking hate these early hours despite feeling happy for having 2 jobs in these times. I hear in corporate America 5 am meetings are no exception.

What time do you start working? are you a morning person?

I start work typically at 8:30. But I can start work as early as 6:15 (up at 4:30) or as late as 22:30. I prefer the 6:15 shift over 14:30 though. That drags on and ruins my day. My ideal start time is 10am, but thats not gonna happen.

Whenever I want.

I get up around 11am and after breakfast and a walk I work out when I should get around to doing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually start work 2 hours after whatever time they call me normally but as of late I've been holding a third shift job 10:30p-6:30a. Considering I never have to deal with traffic going to or leaving work - It's pretty spectacular.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2014-10-14 at 07:00 AM.

I've never heard of 5am meetings in "corporate America." But in my actual America, I just got home from work about 30 minutes ago. That would be 1am. I'll be up again by 6-7am and working. That's pretty much my usual. I don't work constantly for that entire time, but there are things that need to get done.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I start work 2 hours after whatever time they call me normally but as of late I've been holding a third shift job 10:30p-6:30a. Considering I never have to deal with traffic going to or leaving work - It's pretty spectacular.
    A third job, wth!?

I start between 07:45-09:45. I prefer starting early as i get off work earlier in the day.

When i worked shifts it was either 06:00-14, 14:00-22:00 or 22:00-06:00 with irregular schedule, like work 3 days, free 1 day etc. I do think i prefer the normal daytime mon-fri over that.
    Best i had was work 6-7 days, free for 4-5 days. About same work hours as the other shift.
    Last edited by mmoca620084874; 2014-10-14 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I start at 7am. I wake up at 5:30 am to eat breakfast and get ready. I am definitely a morning person. Don't know midday or late night shifts.

Deleted
    Start 11pm, finish 7am.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changes nearly every day.

Mon 8:40am
    Tues 8:40am
    Wed 9:10am
    Thur 2:10pm
    Fri 8am
    Sat/Sun 1pm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    A third job, wth!?
    Oh God No - I only need to work one job. Its on the midnight shift and it's fantastic.

15+ Year Old Account
    mon - thur: 7-19

fri - sun: free
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    My work schedule fluctuates a bit based on labor needs, but usually my shifts start between noon and 3pm.

M-Th 1:50 pm
    F 1:00 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mon-Friday I start at 4pm EST and get out at 12AM or 2am est. I work second shift driving a forklift. I love the hours because after work it's my me time. However i hate sleeping my days away on the weekend. I wake up some days and stores are closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Between 7 and 8 am, load the truck for the first jobs, then leave and drive to them. I finish when I have all my calls done

10+ Year Old Account
    Either 7am or 7pm (depending on if it's a day-shift or night-shift). I have to get up at around 4am to walk to the bus terminal on my day-shifts because the buses don't start to run by my house early enough for me to get to work on time

Our normal office hours are 9-5:30. I tend to start at 10:30, leave at 6 to 6:30 most days, and make up the missing hours on one long day.

Deleted
    Having my own bussiness i work from home and whenever i want

Deleted
    usually start between 1pm and 3pm, and finish at 9pm. which makes sundays a ballache cos i have to starter at 9am

Deleted
    Sometime between 7.30am and 10am depending on when I feel like going to the office. Can go in both earlier and later than that too though, it's pretty flexible as long as I make the daily scrum meeting.