Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I`d go after haste/mastery gems in red sockets.
    I thought about it as well but I took a look at Brusalk and a few other locks around my ilvl 586+ and noticed they were geming the same way. AskMrRobot has me going with hastw/mastery gems in red sockets as well. So many different things going on out there atm and it makes it kinda rough to pin point the best option lol.

Was gemed that way for demo but with the nerfs inc on reset figured I'd regem now and get ready to go destro again until things get figured out by Blizzard (lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I thought about it as well but I took a look at Brusalk and a few other locks around my ilvl 586+ and noticed they were geming the same way. AskMrRobot has me going with hastw/mastery gems in red sockets as well. So many different things going on out there atm and it makes it kinda rough to pin point the best option lol.
    That's usually how pre-patch is, it makes me flip the hell out too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is very simple... Everything is on the same level scaling wise roughly INT=haste=mastery=crit if you bother to sim.

Relevant red gems are either:

10 INT
    5 INT/10 Mastery
    10 Haste/10 Mastery

Since all the stats point per point are equal then 10 Haste/10 Mastery effectively give you 20 stats, while others give 15 or even 10... So no brainer there really.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Haste and Crit are roughly even, and Haste benefits you much more than Crit for AoE.
    Haste and Crit WERE roughly even. Wrong tense. Haste is clearly worse than crit now. Crit was removed from int, increasing value. We got a 5% bump to crit. Crit just wins.

I've made this point about 50 times across 5 threads. DON'T NEGLECT A STATISTIC. When you have 200 haste on your gear and 700 crit/mastery, obviously you need more haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is very simple... Everything is on the same level scaling wise roughly INT=haste=mastery=crit if you bother to sim.

Relevant red gems are either:

10 INT
    5 INT/10 Mastery
    10 Haste/10 Mastery

Since all the stats point per point are equal then 10 Haste/10 Mastery effectively give you 20 stats, while others give 15 or even 10... So no brainer there really.
    This is in no way supported by simc.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Deleted
    One Question:

Ask Mr. Robot says that the Black Blood HC trinket is better than Kardis Toxin Mythic WF Trinket.
    is that correct? I can not imagine this.

First of all great guide and great discussion. I am a Destro Lock and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what gems I should be using for the patch-launch timeframe? I have been to several different websites and they all seem to be saying different things, for example one site says I should stop gemming INT and all of my gems should be straight haste or at least have haste on them, another site says the same thing but places crit in the spotlight over haste. If someone could please give me a simple suggestion list of what gems I should be using in what sockets it would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ursola View Post
    First of all great guide and great discussion. I am a Destro Lock and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what gems I should be using for the patch-launch timeframe? I have been to several different websites and they all seem to be saying different things, for example one site says I should stop gemming INT and all of my gems should be straight haste or at least have haste on them, another site says the same thing but places crit in the spotlight over haste. If someone could please give me a simple suggestion list of what gems I should be using in what sockets it would be greatly appreciated.
    Reds should be Artful Vermilion Onyx - 5 Int 10 Mastery
    Yellows should be Fractured Sun's Radiance - 20 Mastery
    Blues should be Sensei's Wild Jade - 10 Crit 10 Mastery

Gem for all socket bonuses, according to Brusalk Haste / Crit are roughy equal but I prefer Crit for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Haste and Crit are roughly even, and Haste benefits you much more than Crit for AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post

Was gemed that way for demo but with the nerfs inc on reset figured I'd regem now and get ready to go destro again until things get figured out by Blizzard (lol).
    Would I be right in saying that they people you looked at are gemmed like this:

Blue: Sensei's Wild Jade. Before Patch: Hit / Mastery. After Patch: Crit / Mastery.
    Yellow: Fractured Sun's Radiance. Before Patch: Mastery. After Patch: Mastery.
    Red: Keen Vermilion Onyx. Before Patch: Expertise / Mastery. After Patch: Haste / Mastery.
    OR
    Red: Artful Vermilion Onyx. Before Patch: Int / Mastery. After Patch: Int / Mastery.

And I'm guessing you're confused because they, like me, never bothered to re-gem their gear once the patch hit, and are just running with their old gems, and you're not sure as to whether to gem for Haste or Crit. My opinion? Don't bother re-gemming. Mythic SoO is so faceroll now that a 565 geared group could do it relatively easily. Trying to optimise your gems seems like wasted effort and gold. If you got new gear and need to gem it? Roll with the old stat weights you were using before the patch, which Brusalk is saying is still the best choice currently. The difference is miniscule now anyway.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2014-10-21 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Would I be right in saying that they people you looked at are gemmed like this:

Blue: Sensei's Wild Jade. Before Patch: Hit / Mastery. After Patch: Crit / Mastery.
    Yellow: Fractured Sun's Radiance. Before Patch: Mastery. After Patch: Mastery.
    Red: Keen Vermilion Onyx. Before Patch: Expertise / Mastery. After Patch: Haste / Mastery.
    OR
    Red: Artful Vermilion Onyx. Before Patch: Int / Mastery. After Patch: Int / Mastery.

And I'm guessing you're confused because they, like me, never bothered to re-gem their gear once the patch hit, and are just running with their old gems, and you're not sure as to whether to gem for Haste or Crit. My opinion? Don't bother re-gemming. Mythic SoO is so faceroll now that a 565 geared group could do it relatively easily. Trying to optimise your gems seems like wasted effort and gold. If you got new gear and need to gem it? Roll with the old stat weights you were using before the patch, which Brusalk is saying is still the best choice currently. The difference is miniscule now anyway.
    To add to this, the stat coefficients are very close together, if you wanted to minmax it, I would sim your character and then do the napkin math to calculate best gem for each color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Reds should be Artful Vermilion Onyx - 5 Int 10 Mastery
    Yellows should be Fractured Sun's Radiance - 20 Mastery
    Blues should be Sensei's Wild Jade - 10 Crit 10 Mastery

Gem for all socket bonuses, according to Brusalk Haste / Crit are roughy equal but I prefer Crit for both.
    This is incorrect.

Red should be: Haste/Crit
    Yellow should be: Crit
    Blue should be: Crit/Mastery

Crit>Mastery now because of the new Devastation passive... Int on the other hand is pants, it's worse than crit point-per-point, that's why Haste which is the worst stat is still better to gem for now, since you get 10 Haste for 5 Int which is simply much better (and by quite a bit, seeing how much orange gems our gear has).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is incorrect.

Red should be: Haste/Crit
    Yellow should be: Crit
    Blue should be: Crit/Mastery

Crit>Mastery now because of the new Devastation passive... Int on the other hand is pants, it's worse than crit point-per-point, that's why Haste which is the worst stat is still better to gem for now, since you get 10 Haste for 5 Int which is simply much better (and by quite a bit, seeing how much orange gems our gear has).
    I'll take the word of top Destro locks and their gemming patterns, but thanks for the feedback.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take the word of top Destro locks and their gemming patterns, but thanks for the feedback.
    At this point it's inconsequential and doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    At this point it's inconsequential and doesn't matter.
    Exactly, I'm just going off of what I've myself tested and what other top Destros are going with.

I may play Destro on some fights tonight haven't quite decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    That word was good for 5.4, not for what we have now. To say it's inconsequential is also pretty foolish, since

a. You spread misinformation based on an outdated hearsay and make people take disastrous gemming choices, you may not care but others do.
    b. Difference between gemming your way and gemming properly can reach around 7-10% depending on gear, which is pretty huge. Mythic is a faceroll now, but you can kill Garrosh in 3 pulls now or you can do it 3 hours - take your pick. Last night I wiped on 0.1% - 44k HP Phase 4, if people would care a bit more, I would not had to spend another 2.5 hours of tries to get it down afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    That word was good for 5.4, not for what we have now. To say it's inconsequential is also pretty foolish, since

a. You spread misinformation based on an outdated hearsay and make people take disastrous gemming choices, you may not care but others do.
    b. Difference between gemming your way and gemming properly can reach around 7-10% depending on gear, which is pretty huge. Mythic is a faceroll now, but you can kill Garrosh in 3 pulls now or you can do it 3 hours - take your pick. Last night I wiped on 0.1% - 44k HP Phase 4, if people would care a bit more, I would not had to spend another 2.5 hours of tries to get it down afterwards.
    Not even going to justify with a response. Do whatever you like.

I'm just going to say that you shouldn't go off of what my armory says. At this point I basically don't care about damage as there's no real reason to. I haven't adjusted my char since well before 6.0 dropped.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Brusalk said - it doesn't really matter much right now. However, for the future - in order for int to be a desired stat on gems it needs to be worth more than twice the value of secondary stats. This is because int is budgeted twice as high so we get 10 int on a gem whereas we would get 20 of a secondary stat (ie: brilliant -10 int vs fractured - 20 mastery). You don't even need to consider socket bonuses really anymore since you can match any socket bonus with secondary stats, too.

Since it seems like we're using RoF single-target regularly now, is there any situation to consider Mannoroth's Fury in? Or still trash all around?
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    Since it seems like we're using RoF single-target regularly now, is there any situation to consider Mannoroth's Fury in? Or still trash all around?
    I used it to fuck around on Immerseus as Destro but I usually use AD for everything.

I used it to fuck around on Immerseus as Destro but I usually use AD for everything.
    AD is bad. I'll say this another fifty thousand times before the community actually realizes I'm right. Not only is MF so close to it ST (actually ahead of it right now) that it barely makes a difference, it's also a billion and ten percent better for anything but ST.

Even if/when they nerf RoF, AD is only ~2% of our dps. If you get 2% more casts off by using KJC, you gained dps.

You can make arguments for demonology because their DS is particularly potent. You can argue it for affliction because the other talent options don't really do much for them. But for destruction, with nothing to do while moving but masturbate and some of the strongest aoe in the game, in combination with the weakest of the 3 dark souls, AD just sucks.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.