Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Y'all think if we focus our feedback we can get Fel Flame back before the final tier of WoD ?
    Highly unlikely.

I wish that there really was a plot against us but I think it's apathy. Our concerns are so low on the punch list and we were pretty good last expac so I'm pretty sure that they are thinking, "Fuck them, who am I getting drunk with at BlizzCon next week."

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    What

10char
    sniper training is incredibly easy to keep up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    sniper training is incredibly easy to keep up
    The point was that you can't strafe back and forth and do backflips as was suggested ? Off-topic at this point though.

Deleted
    Sniper training is in my opinion a (very good) joke. It means never hesitate to move when you have to, the penalty when you're unable to keep the buff up is marginal and it's better to always be casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    /me checks forum

Yep, still Warlock forum. Can we drop the Hunter discussion? It's not really relevant since Hunters are Ranged/Melee Hybrids when it comes to Blizz's philosophy so comparing ourselves to them is pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    They have stated a few times that they never wanted it in the ST rotation, yet it always seems to find itself in 100% or when a proc occurs / is down.
    T14, check.
    T15, check.
    First weeks of T16, check.
    T17, check.

For a company that doesn't want RoF to be used in the single target rotation, it's really impressive that it has been during some point of every tier since the class relaunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Last time I specifically tested this LoS was not needed, but Havoc would not copy spells if you were more than (I think) 100 meters away.
    LoS has no effect on havoc, neither does direction. At the start of t14 it used to be that you had to be facing the direction of the target that was havocd or the spell wouldn't work. That was quickly changed when they realized how dumb it was.

It does, however, have a max range, which is normally not relevant on fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Is ROF back in the single target rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Yes.

I THINK best practice is to use it when you have no stacks of Backdraft. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    It actually says in the guide; basically keep RoF down always. You cast incinerate in place of RoF when you have backdraft stacks and the next global is chaos bolt, so that you do not waste your stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Are people bothering to use GCD's to lay down RoF during procs when you have embers to use? Does it have THAT kind of priority?
    Clarifications on RoF. Understand these acronyms. DPM, EPM. For the purposes of this post, these now mean damage per mana, and embers per mana, respectively.

Numbers are referenced here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wRro5n8ZBHj39UCkghUFi6bK6rkuJKOomZyXY-67ZmQ/edit#gid=0

rain of fire beats incinerate by ~5% DPM, and ~27% EPM.

backdraft incinerate beats rain of fire by ~36% DPM, and 12.6% EPM.

One looks at that, and normally goes 'pretty obvious, incinerate if backdraft is up, rain of fire, incinerate.'

It took me a while to figure out why the sim was telling me to absolutely push for maximum RoF uptime. The basic concept is this:

As long as you never let a backdraft drop, or use it on chaos bolt, you never lose the amount of dps that it beats RoF by. Prioritizing BD incinerate over RoF, on the other hand, means that you end up spending more mana on non-BD incinerates, and less on rain of fire.

TL;DR - Prioritize rain of fire over incinerate, unless backdraft is going to fall soon, or you might have to waste some in a chaos bolt cycle.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Deleted
    sorta sad that RoF has come back into our ST rotation again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    Not sure why, for such a simple thing it adds a lot of rotational complexity early tier with its interaction with mana.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    I am ok with it, considering there is not thing to cast while moving.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I am ok with it, considering there is not thing to cast while moving.
    Yeah but it's so clunky when you're standing still.

Yeah but it's so clunky when you're standing still.
    meh, there should just be a minor glyph to have it cast centered on your current target, but putting development effort into glyphs is like, against the law or something.

Deleted
    So what you're saying, is keep rain of fire up 100% on st? sorry, only played demo since pre-patch, so not gone into destro rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewer View Post
    So what you're saying, is keep rain of fire up 100% on st? sorry, only played demo since pre-patch, so not gone into destro rotation
    RoF in 6.0 is 100% ST yeah.

Deleted
    RoF in 6.0 is 100% ST yeah.
    What about a fight like protectors, would RoF be a waste to keep up, or how does it work?

What about a fight like protectors, would RoF be a waste to keep up, or how does it work?
    You would still want to use ROF while hitting as many targets as you can (MF works good here), but honestly Affliction is still better for these multi-target fights.

Deleted
    No, it's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    You would still want to use ROF while hitting as many targets as you can (MF works good here), but honestly Affliction is still better for these multi-target fights.
    No, it really isn't. Afflictions dots were crippled, afflictions dot swapping was crippled, and it's still gated to 1 target nightfall procs.

Testing for 5 minutes on dummies in shat was enough to prove affliction is miles behind demo and destruction for anything greater than one target.

All raid testing that any of my friends and I have done shows that fact on basically every mythic fight in tier 17.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2014-11-04 at 10:21 PM.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    No, it really isn't. Afflictions dots were crippled, afflictions dot swapping was crippled, and it's still gated to 1 target nightfall procs.

Testing for 5 minutes on dummies in shat was enough to prove affliction is miles behind demo and destruction for anything greater than one target.

All raid testing that any of my friends and I have done shows that fact on basically every mythic fight in tier 17.
    I think Andro was referring to T16 still.

Deleted
    Not sure why, for such a simple thing it adds a lot of rotational complexity early tier with its interaction with mana.
    i was refering more to the fact that blizz flat out said it was bad design to have it in our ST rotation, nerfing its ember generation as a result, only to have it inadvertently return bcoz of how badly they designed the spec in WoD.

and tbh, it doesnt really add any complexity imo, it adds more annoyance than anything.