Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pungchow View Post
    <Mastery on everything, unless you're considering playing Destruction on single target. Which really, you shouldn't.>I do not understand this statement i been playing destro on all fights in highmaul heroic and according to the world of logs i have seen people with destro pulling single target 31 k dps at my item level which is 669 now. I enchant crit just like these people but still can not get past the 24 k mark on any fight. I really get the short end on tetcus fight i had posion almost the whole time during the fight which just killed my dps.Just wondering.

with ring proc how do you tell i tired a power aura but it will not come up.Looking to improve my rotation and up my dps can not seem to get past the that one fight that i was able to pull 24 k.

imm x2 conflagsx2 then x4 incin then poped dark soul with my copelands and chaos bolts then back to immulate before it drops and back to the rotation again.Anything i can do to change or adjust in my rotation to get me higher in dps numbers?
    I would suggest you post in this thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...AD-FIRST-POST) but why are you using 2 Immolates on the pull?

1. Mastery is very close in value to crit for Destruction. If you ever plan to play any other spec, mastery is a much more beneficial all-around stat to have.

2. This is a guide thread. There's a "Fix My DPS" thread stickies at the top of this forum.

3. Provide logs, or there's not much anyone can do to help you that hasn't already been said in the guide.

I only play destro sorry afflic shards take why to much time to build and i fiddle with demo but dps is not that good with it. Guess i will continue to flog the internet for more info on warlocks and see what i can find changing out from crit to mastery would cost me thousands in gold i do not have.Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Pungchow View Post
    I only play destro sorry afflic shards take why to much time to build and i fiddle with demo but dps is not that good with it. Guess i will continue to flog the internet for more info on warlocks and see what i can find changing out from crit to mastery would cost me thousands in gold i do not have.Thanks again
    If you are never planning on playing aff or demo, there is zero reason to waste your gold on mastery enchants over crit.
    Graviity

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    If you are never planning on playing aff or demo, there is zero reason to waste your gold on mastery enchants over crit.
    Mastery quickly becomes better than crit with more targets present.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatkain View Post
    Close but not exactly.

That immolate shouldn't be there, it should be after the second chaos bolt.
    And shouldn't you wait for some adds when using cataclysm? Only place where I would use cataclysm in the pull for single target would be Kargath, since you get it back before the add phase starts.
    On Tectus it doesn't make a big difference if you wait for first add or do it at the pull. I usually wait for the first add.
    I just typed how I remembered my opener i'd prob place the immolate differently according to my 690 ring proc and the cataclysm is obvious this is a single target opener...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    1. Mastery is very close in value to crit for Destruction. If you ever plan to play any other spec, mastery is a much more beneficial all-around stat to have.
    You arguably play Destro only on fights that you can take advantage of with Havoc / Shadowburning adds. With that being said, Mastery trumps Crit any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    You arguably play Destro only on fights that you can take advantage of with Havoc / Shadowburning adds. With that being said, Mastery trumps Crit any day.
    I don't know about 'trumps' — they are pretty equal in value even in multi-target situations. Crit is very slightly better on single target, and Mastery is slightly better when you're consistently ember saturated. That said you could stack either to your heart's content and not notice any significant delta in either direction for this tier. To that end I would continue to recommend Mastery enchants purely because if there's even the slighest chance of you playing any other spec you'll have a huge advantage over a crit setup. Mastery also scales better than crit, because relatively speaking it's a much cheaper stat. Crit never loses value, but there's a threshold where the gain per point is completely linear where other stats still scale exponentially.

Hi guys : I've got one question about destruction in Challenge Modes.

Would you play it with GoSac (felhunter) ? Or Rather Supremacy Observer ?
    I'm going towards GoSac for the added shadowburn dmg, and since I don't think i'll be FnBing as much as before since the RoF nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Hi guys : I've got one question about destruction in Challenge Modes.

Would you play it with GoSac (felhunter) ? Or Rather Supremacy Observer ?
    I'm going towards GoSac for the added shadowburn dmg, and since I don't think i'll be FnBing as much as before since the RoF nerf.
    You would be playing GoSac either way. In fact GoSac was better pre-RoF nerf than it is now ...

Deleted
    I'm in a situation where I could replace a level 630 dungeon drop with a 620 PVP gear item so I'd get set bonus of Conflag CD lowered to 9 seconds. This would probably be an increase on dps? Despite the loss of 10 item levels?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    I'm in a situation where I could replace a level 630 dungeon drop with a 620 PVP gear item so I'd get set bonus of Conflag CD lowered to 9 seconds. This would probably be an increase on dps? Despite the loss of 10 item levels?
    yea probably yea but once you get a 640 or 655 replace the 620

10+ Year Old Account
    So, about the 5.1 changes, could charred remains and/or sacrifice become a viable option perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    So, about the 5.1 changes, could charred remains and/or sacrifice become a viable option perhaps?
    Still won't be the single target choice but it could be good for fights like Darmac.

Just testing the set bonuses on PTR atm: I think the real reason RoF got nerfed was this 4 set, in combination with GoSac and CR/Cata it would just be way too strong on AoE (or is it RPPM based?, can't tell for sure... seems to be proccing more often on multitarget). Also, the 2 set will actually be very helpful to keep up on ember regen on AoE which was very troublesome without CR before. sorry if im late to the part or w/e didnt bother much with the beta. When i first saw the bonuses I thought they were awful with the gameplay of never going above 3 embers ( I guess single target it might be, but when some extra targets it seems fine) after playing with them they are my favorite ones after the demo 4 set which seems way too strong.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2015-01-27 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Charred remains already is viable for mythic brackenspore, especially for progress considering how amazing job it does killing spore shooters and mind finguses, its also good on tectus but the fight has to last super short.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxeey View Post
    Charred remains already is viable for mythic brackenspore, especially for progress considering how amazing job it does killing spore shooters and mind finguses, its also good on tectus but the fight has to last super short.
    Neither statement you just made is correct. Charred Remains is actually a single-target DPS loss as it stands by about 20% which means it is actually worse for killing spore shooters and overall a worse spec for Brackenspore, if you properly use Havoc you get significantly more Spore Shooter damage out of DemServ/GoSup. Sure, you could use it for the final phase of Tectus but that is about it and even then you really aren't going to get to do much of anything with it considering that you will never be able to stand still for more than 8 seconds (assuming you get BoP'd) to cast Chaos bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by novx View Post
    neither statement you just made is correct. Charred remains is actually a single-target dps loss as it stands by about 20% which means it is actually worse for killing spore shooters and overall a worse spec for brackenspore, if you properly use havoc you get significantly more spore shooter damage out of demserv/gosup. Sure, you could use it for the final phase of tectus but that is about it and even then you really aren't going to get to do much of anything with it considering that you will never be able to stand still for more than 8 seconds (assuming you get bop'd) to cast chaos bolts.
    Pro tips for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Neither statement you just made is correct. Charred Remains is actually a single-target DPS loss as it stands by about 20% which means it is actually worse for killing spore shooters and overall a worse spec for Brackenspore, if you properly use Havoc you get significantly more Spore Shooter damage out of DemServ/GoSup. Sure, you could use it for the final phase of Tectus but that is about it and even then you really aren't going to get to do much of anything with it considering that you will never be able to stand still for more than 8 seconds (assuming you get BoP'd) to cast Chaos bolts.
    ive gotten near flamethrower levels of spore shooter dmg with cr, with serv u can get like 1/3 of what cr can do. but obv overall dmg is a lot lower when using CR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    ive gotten near flamethrower levels of spore shooter dmg with cr, with serv u can get like 1/3 of what cr can do. but obv overall dmg is a lot lower when using CR
    I think you must be doing something wrong then — at best I see Charred Remains being equal on SS damage, and only if they're alive for a long time. If you save enough embers and the spore shooters are dying at a reasonable rate there's no reason why CR would do any more damage.