Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tried out sac/cr last night and it felt meh. I guess its due to only having 2pc atm. Damage didnt seem to be "there". Maybe I was doing something wrong. Used heroic Beastlord trinket and Mythic shards. I have 670 sandmans and a heroic runestone (socketed with a 50 mastery gem) in my bank. Which trinkets would be the better set? Also, are you using your CBs without procs due to how fast we are building embers?

Deleted
    So is CR/GoSac better in every fight?

or is DeSurv GoSup best on Gruul and other similar fights?

I tested last night destro is fun and can deal a lot of burst. Elementals on blast furnace destro does well for the single target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    I tested last night destro is fun and can deal a lot of burst. Elementals on blast furnace destro does well for the single target
    not that good.

The problem with elementals is if we don't get a trinket proc our dps looks like shit.

if we get trinket procs outside of elemental burning we don't have anything to use it on.

Dark Soul can carry us but we can't dark soul on every elemental I think.

Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post
    are you cheesing manaroths fury? I havent found a reason to use this unless to super pad, and still ive never used it. Is the aoe large enough on the hands part to spam chaos bolts with fnb up? seems like fnb will only hit 3-4 targets max in hands phase unless ur running a 40 man raid.... where is all this dmg coming from that u speak of
    We have assigned spots on hands that lets people cleave to their optimum. I can hit 5-7 hands in two different locations. No MF needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Tried out sac/cr last night and it felt meh. I guess its due to only having 2pc atm. Damage didnt seem to be "there". Maybe I was doing something wrong. Used heroic Beastlord trinket and Mythic shards. I have 670 sandmans and a heroic runestone (socketed with a 50 mastery gem) in my bank. Which trinkets would be the better set? Also, are you using your CBs without procs due to how fast we are building embers?
    2/4 set w/ Crit proc trinket feels mandatory, IMO. When I forget to equip the crit trinket over my mythic SoN my damage sucks, but when I use the crit proc my damage is pretty good.

In general you can cast most Chaos Bolts under a proc of some sort, as long as you dump basically everything every time you have a mastery weapon proc, or a ring proc. I use DS whenever I get 2 or more of either mastery, ring, crit, or 4-set. There's a few you'll cast unbuffed, but you should have pretty good uptime on at least one of the procs to dump with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    2/4 set w/ Crit proc trinket feels mandatory, IMO. When I forget to equip the crit trinket over my mythic SoN my damage sucks, but when I use the crit proc my damage is pretty good.
    I felt the same. Had neither at the beginning of our raid and my output was dreadful. I might think about giving Destro another run with the 4pc-bonus.

Deleted
    Do you have a WeakAura that pops up if there are more than 2 of those buffs are up?
    I have the crit and haste trinket, is there a chance of doing a WA like ~"weapon;ring;trinket1;trinket" if procc>=2 then go BOOM?

Quote Originally Posted by belshiraaash View Post
    Do you have a WeakAura that pops up if there are more than 2 of those buffs are up?
    I have the crit and haste trinket, is there a chance of doing a WA like ~"weapon;ring;trinket1;trinket" if procc>=2 then go BOOM?
    I just have a weakaura group with all procs and look manually.

You could do one with multiple triggers however.

Deleted
    Well I tried CR on Gruul tonight and I did fairly worse compared to DeSurv

Possibly due to not being as good with it as I was without it.

But it felt more of a ST damage lack.

Thoughts? It definitely was pulling its weight on AoE fights though.

During some Mythic Gruul pulls tonight I did CR/GoSac Destro...it was not consistent...at all. Some pulls I would just annihilate and do 52k DPS and some attempts I did 37k DPS. It really just came down to getting 4pc procs with the Chaos Bolts I cast during my Oregorger trinket/Legendary Ring and general trinket RNG. Currently just went back Demonbolt Demo as it seems to be significantly more consistent.

So I gotta say that destruction has been my favorite specc of all time, I just for whatever reason find it entertaining and enjoyable to play.

Or I used to. This new playstyle with Charred Remains is sucking all the fun and the entire skillcap out of the specc, and it is so fucking boring. Warlock has just turned out to be fucking boring as hell due to this patch. Hell the funniest specc may even be affliction now, and we all know how braindead that is

Give me t16 Destro, t14 or t11 Afflic, and pre 6.1 t17 Demo back and I'll be a happy camper.

I actually didn't love t16 Destro but I can't remember my favorite period of it, besides pre-Cata patch in ICC ... but I only remember it being grossly OP, don't remember the mechanics
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I actually didn't love t16 Destro but I can't remember my favorite period of it, besides pre-Cata patch in ICC ... but I only remember it being grossly OP, don't remember the mechanics
    Was that when Conflag would just obliterate people in pvp? I have some shoddy memories of pvping as destro in WOTLK and being highly amused by some of the results, I wouldn't be surprised if it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Was that when Conflag would just obliterate people in pvp?
    I don't know if I PvP'd during that pre-patch but Conflag hitting like a monster truck then sounds familiar
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It was great. I think it did 80% of your Immolate damage. I remember stacking haste to get more ticks into Immolate so that Conflag would hit like a truck.

Hey, I'm new to warlocks and I am confused at the moment x(
    Could you guys tell me where destruction is ranked dps wise compared to demonology? And is the difference important for someone who is not in a mythic raiding guild? I play just for fun and all raids I do is with random groups.

Destro is currently the lowest dps spec of the three. It potentially can be an aoe spec but honestly with CR the damage cut is too harsh and without it the ember gain is too slow to be really effective. Unless you start out with max embers on an AOE pack, your not going to have enough time to generate enough embers to do more then 1-2 FnB Chaos bolt before things start dying and your at half damage.

That said, I hate Demonology and havent been able to get back into affliction since outlands...and have played Destro for the last 3-4 expansions So while my dps is lower then the dem/aff warlocks in my raid, I'm not going to force myself to play a spec i hate and just stay with Destro. as long as im not a weight, im going to enjoy the game im paying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Unless you start out with max embers on an AOE pack, your not going to have enough time to generate enough embers to do more then 1-2 FnB Chaos bolt before things start dying and your at half damage.
    I'm not saying that I disagree with any of your statements, but another way to look at it is that resource management is one of the things you can improve upon week to week. When the train arrives on Operator you can be sure I've got three embers ready.

Most add packs are dead so fast its down to SB clipping after a FnB CB anyway.

Thanks for your replies. I guess I will look how my Demo performance looks this week and will give Destro a shot as well.
    I don't think I ever played a class that was so confusing on what specc to use and what talents to choose

Since 6.1, I re enchanted to all mastery from all crit, and equipped pieces that have mastery on instead of my crit pieces. I am sitting around 55% unbuffed mastery right now (~70-75% raid buffed). I went CR-GoSac with Glyph of DS and my DPS went into the toilet. I went back to GoSup-DemServ and my DPS was back to where it was. I was avoiding not casting unbuffed CB's (launched them when I either had my weapon, ring, trinket or DS proc up)but still had to launch a few to avoid capping. I do not have a 2 or 4 pc set yet. Is 2 or 4 pc set required to make CR-GoSac viable? What raid buffed mastery should I be aiming for?