Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, FW and TL enchants. I ran a sim with them in each MH and OH and the dps is really similar, does it mattery which one goes on what weapon or what's the general consensus on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    So, FW and TL enchants. I ran a sim with them in each MH and OH and the dps is really similar, does it mattery which one goes on what weapon or what's the general consensus on that?
    So is the consensus now that the crit enchant is better mix for ST and AoE than Warsong with the haste? Curious as I had questioned the other day about the mixture of warsong and frostwolf. I'm curious if for a mixture of both which is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...FTZN#boss=1705

So those are our logs for Imperator, and I was wondering if anyone can look at logs for me, and see where I can improve. I have no idea how I did not do well on that fight. Perhaps I rolled after Force Nova to get back onto boss? I don't know, if anyone can help, please do.

PS. I finally upgraded my weapon from Earthwarped Bladestaff to the weapons I have on current armory. Now Sims is weird, showing the upgrade with dw being only 100 DPS, which is fine and it can equate to a lot of dps in real live raid but when I did it for talents that are normally used for Ogron (ie Xuen, Ascension, ChiEx), the damage difference with dw and 2h weapon is also 100 damage difference... Which is weird. Is it recommended to just use the 2h for Ogron since it has a lot of haste on it or go with dw for more precise damage's sake.

Again, another PS. I had this 645 Neck piece with nothing but haste stats on it and haste enchant on it but de'd it by accident... Was that also the wrong move for a fight like Ogron? Thanks.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-12-24 at 02:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 ilvl difference is far too much of a difference, personally. Yellow attack damage between equal ilvl weapons are practically even. The only difference is the auto attack damage. In BiS gear I was seeing about a 1k difference between dual welding and 2-handers; or about a 3% difference. Given that Blizzard considers 1 ilvl as ~1% damage, I would say more like a 3-5 ilvl difference between dual welding and 2-handers to be more fair. but 10 ilvls are far too much of a difference. 10 ilvl difference is a larger difference than during MoP where people were saying an 8 ilvl difference is a good general thumb. Given the changes in WoD, you are way overstating the difference.

Weapon Enchants

So it's been put out there in couple of different ways with no response so I'll put it out again. On Enchants, I've seen the simcraft and it can be looked at different ways, question 1. What do you Hinalover, Totaltemic, Salty, think are the best combo's to use to be balanced with ST and AoE? I currently have Frostwolf and Warsong. Which leads into question 2. I put Frostwolf on a WF Blade, and then got a Heroic Blade and instead of rebuying I just put the Warsong on the main hand and left Frostwolf on the secondary. Will there be enough difference in dps to worry about switching to Frostwolf on main? That is unless Thunderlord is the obvious choice over Warsong now.

Thanks for the future response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    So it's been put out there in couple of different ways with no response so I'll put it out again. On Enchants, I've seen the simcraft and it can be looked at different ways, question 1. What do you Hinalover, Totaltemic, Salty, think are the best combo's to use to be balanced with ST and AoE? I currently have Frostwolf and Warsong. Which leads into question 2. I put Frostwolf on a WF Blade, and then got a Heroic Blade and instead of rebuying I just put the Warsong on the main hand and left Frostwolf on the secondary. Will there be enough difference in dps to worry about switching to Frostwolf on main? That is unless Thunderlord is the obvious choice over Warsong now.

Thanks for the future response.
    The response has actually been there all along. If u look at the charts u can see that dps varies depending on what enchant u have in ur MH/OH.
    F.E Frostwolf-Warsong ST : 43061 whereas Warsong-Frostwolf ST : 42391. Up to you if u want to spend 30TC for that 670dps gain.

By looking at Hina's armory (linked in his Sig.) you can tell that he probably prefers Frostwolf/Warsong as that is what he is currently running with.

Personally I think the only fight where min-maxing these enchants could ever make or break an encounter in Highmaul is Butcher so I prefer what's on top for ST-dmg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    The response has actually been there all along. If u look at the charts u can see that dps varies depending on what enchant u have in ur MH/OH.
    F.E Frostwolf-Warsong ST : 43061 whereas Warsong-Frostwolf ST : 42391. Up to you if u want to spend 30TC for that 670dps gain.

By looking at Hina's armory (linked in his Sig.) you can tell that he probably prefers Frostwolf/Warsong as that is what he is currently running with.

Personally I think the only fight where min-maxing these enchants could ever make or break an encounter in Highmaul is Butcher so I prefer what's on top for ST-dmg.
    I just like the flexibility of Frostwolf-Warsong; since it is the best of both worlds. Though I JUST last night got a Mythic Bladefist; but I haven't gotten around to enchanting it yet. So I may try out double Frostwolf for next week's raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    10 ilvl difference is far too much of a difference, personally. Yellow attack damage between equal ilvl weapons are practically even. The only difference is the auto attack damage. In BiS gear I was seeing about a 1k difference between dual welding and 2-handers; or about a 3% difference. Given that Blizzard considers 1 ilvl as ~1% damage, I would say more like a 3-5 ilvl difference between dual welding and 2-handers to be more fair. but 10 ilvls are far too much of a difference. 10 ilvl difference is a larger difference than during MoP where people were saying an 8 ilvl difference is a good general thumb. Given the changes in WoD, you are way overstating the difference.
    I think you might be overlooking that weapon DPS is a much smaller factor than it used to be in terms of overall damage. 1 ilvl is about 1% more stats on an item, but all that means is that your weapon has 1% more weapon DPS. If the raw weapon DPS is only 1/3 of your total damage, then it would take upwards of 9 to get to a 3% difference.

I don't know what the exact spread it now, but it would make sense that a 3% damage difference is somewhere more than 3 item levels simply because the weapon isn't your entire gear set, so 1% more weapon stats is not 1% more damage.

I don't know how reliable the character sheet is for this or what the differences are since I had to switch to WW to avoid the BrM Mastery AP and Bonus Armor scaling from skewing the total (which brings up something related for BrM, is the ilvl difference to achieve the same DPS much higher for BrM since the WDPS is far less of the total?), but I have 3905 AP which the sheet says is 1115 DPS added on to my dual 670 Phemos' Double Slashers which are 338.27 DPS each (for a total of 507.4 because of OH penalty), which would put my weapon contribution at less than a third of the total. If this is the case, then it's not far-fetched to say that 10% more weapon stats are needed to make up a 3% total difference.

Kickbuttmario you could try CX for imperator and see if that helps. That's how I run that fight and did 31k dps at 655 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Kickbuttmario you could try CX for imperator and see if that helps. That's how I run that fight and did 31k dps at 655 ilvl.
    I'm not on aoe duty though and the aoe is only important for certain parts of the fight but rarely ever.

Also going to repost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...FTZN#boss=1705

So those are our logs for Imperator, and I was wondering if anyone can look at logs for me, and see where I can improve. I have no idea how I did not do well on that fight. Perhaps I rolled after Force Nova to get back onto boss? I don't know, if anyone can help, please do.

PS. I finally upgraded my weapon from Earthwarped Bladestaff to the weapons I have on current armory. Now Sims is weird, showing the upgrade with dw being only 100 DPS, which is fine and it can equate to a lot of dps in real live raid but when I did it for talents that are normally used for Ogron (ie Xuen, Ascension, ChiEx), the damage difference with dw and 2h weapon is also 100 damage difference... Which is weird. Is it recommended to just use the 2h for Ogron since it has a lot of haste on it or go with dw for more precise damage's sake.

Again, another PS. I had this 645 Neck piece with nothing but haste stats on it and haste enchant on it but de'd it by accident... Was that also the wrong move for a fight like Ogron? Thanks.
    After consideration, I guess I will have to go more "all out" during the encounter then. Besides that, is it recommended for me to use the 2h staff for Ascen/ChiEX build for Twin Ogron or keep the dw weapons?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-12-25 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm not on aoe duty though and the aoe is only important for certain parts of the fight but rarely ever.

Thanks.
    I'm not on AoE duty either but at least in my raid group the big add is up long enough to warrant CX; I also couple that with the fight being quite movement heavy that ST difference between serenity and CX narrows. If you look at your FoF damage it is below RSK whilst BoK is way out in front - to me this suggests you're serenity use is coming at the expense of FoF. Also noticed your damage on the big adds is really quite small. You didn't use ToK at all - for me this is generally the first defensive I'll use and would only pop something bigger if it's not enough to cover it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I'm not on AoE duty either but at least in my raid group the big add is up long enough to warrant CX; I also couple that with the fight being quite movement heavy that ST difference between serenity and CX narrows. If you look at your FoF damage it is below RSK whilst BoK is way out in front - to me this suggests you're serenity use is coming at the expense of FoF. Also noticed your damage on the big adds is really quite small. You didn't use ToK at all - for me this is generally the first defensive I'll use and would only pop something bigger if it's not enough to cover it.
    Umm you are looking at normal, in which I died on and the small add dies too fast on normal. I am talking about heroic sir . Also, I died on p4 without spreading out at all (forgot all about that mechanic).
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-12-26 at 03:30 PM.

When should i be using my tiger eye brew? like how many stacks should i get on the pull, and when\how many stacks should i be using it throughout the fight?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    When should i be using my tiger eye brew? like how many stacks should i get on the pull, and when\how many stacks should i be using it throughout the fight?
    You get as many as you can on the pull. Ideally you save it for when your trinkets proc, boss bonus damage time, or when you hit 17 stacks. Other good times to use it, if you dont' have proc trinkets, is during Serenity, or any other time where you can fit as much into the 15s as possible.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I'm not sure about trinkets, I have the Skulle of War stage 1 and I just got a 645 trinket from a mission(Grandiose Plans) with 183 agi 183 MS and a socket. Not sure which one is best, any advice? I'm guessing the skull of war if I use my TEB correctly but not sure.

Multistrike diminishing returns

Has anyone seen or mathematically figured out if there is going to be a point of diminishing returns on MS, if one goes MS on both weapon enchants, with multiple procs and higher end MS gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You get as many as you can on the pull. Ideally you save it for when your trinkets proc, boss bonus damage time, or when you hit 17 stacks. Other good times to use it, if you dont' have proc trinkets, is during Serenity, or any other time where you can fit as much into the 15s as possible.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary

Could u check my logs mainly Ogron's / Butcher. (ChiEx and singletarget) What could I do better. My main is prot warrior and I have been playing WW Monk as alt (Just few weeks for now, Im still learning rotation etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    I'm not sure about trinkets, I have the Skulle of War stage 1 and I just got a 645 trinket from a mission(Grandiose Plans) with 183 agi 183 MS and a socket. Not sure which one is best, any advice? I'm guessing the skull of war if I use my TEB correctly but not sure.
    the grandiose is much better.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary

Could u check my logs mainly Ogron's / Butcher. (ChiEx and singletarget) What could I do better. My main is prot warrior and I have been playing WW Monk as alt (Just few weeks for now, Im still learning rotation etc)
    I'll worry about Butcher mainly, Twins can vary a lot depending on strat and fire, etc.

First thing I noticed is that your Tiger Power uptime is a little low (89%) could go up a little bit. You only cast Fists of Fury 6 times, could have fit 9 or 10 in that time. Also only used Rising Sun Kick 24 times, could have fit in 31. You did well with using Chi Wave, 15 of a possible 16 uses. Probably could have used ToK another time, but thats minor. Other than that its just pressing more buttons and the right ones to boost your dps.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'll worry about Butcher mainly, Twins can vary a lot depending on strat and fire, etc.

First thing I noticed is that your Tiger Power uptime is a little low (89%) could go up a little bit. You only cast Fists of Fury 6 times, could have fit 9 or 10 in that time. Also only used Rising Sun Kick 24 times, could have fit in 31. You did well with using Chi Wave, 15 of a possible 16 uses. Probably could have used ToK another time, but thats minor. Other than that its just pressing more buttons and the right ones to boost your dps.
    Okey thanks, yeah im still figuring out what to press and when and wasnt sure how much I should prioritize FoF. Also should I use FoF when I pop Serenity and have all cd's trinkets proc'd? Or just spam BoK