Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    does anyone know when they will actually buff WW monks?
    They seem to have just buffed Tiger Palm.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    does anyone know when they will actually buff WW monks?
    Unless you have a crystal ball or some kind of insider info, no, no one knows if or when Blizz will make any changes.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

dl'd latest ptr overnight - its definitely in, and it does the extra damage, although weirdly enough the tooltip and in-game damage keep coming up as 75% higher for me, not 66%.

eg live in my gear, tt says 6490-7621.

ptr in exact copy of my gear tt says 11407-13472.

That ratio seems to hold when I start beating up dummies too.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    2h, but it is literally a hair ahead - go with whatever you have with highest ilvl (1h mh vs 2h) if they aren't equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    2h is ahead *very* slightly. I'd go with the higher ilvl weapons. I think there's some merit to switching to DW (assuming weapons are the same) when you're running CX because the Warsong enchant makes it pull slightly ahead, but I haven't seen any real math on that. This is also not taking into account the possible TP change, but I'm not sure how that might change things. Maybe some math guru could do that, unless there's somewhere I can check the formulas myself?
    Thank you very much for the response guys. Yeah all weapons are 670s so I guess I'll just stick with the 2hander for now, BRF is right around the corner anyways. Thanks again!

According to the thread search, no one has talked about this (but we all know how garbage forum search engines are), and I don't really want to read 80 pages (Love the main guide, makes me less bad at my alt!)...

So my question is: does the Empowered Spinning Crane Kick passive affect the Rushing Jade Wind talent which replaces it?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    According to the thread search, no one has talked about this (but we all know how garbage forum search engines are), and I don't really want to read 80 pages (Love the main guide, makes me less bad at my alt!)...

So my question is: does the Empowered Spinning Crane Kick passive affect the Rushing Jade Wind talent which replaces it?
    No it does not. It only affects Spinning Crane Kick. Not RJW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, today took some time to test out 2set.

(NOTE: it does look like TP is hitting harder than it should be on beta - this is likely a bug. Yes, I did see the front page thing, but A) wouldn't make sense, and B) god the spec would be stupid if this isn't a bug)

Anyway, I wasn't really focusing on damage so much as looking at Tigereye Brew. I haven't pinned out ten-stacks, but the basic usage is 15ish stacks and having a trinket or ring proc.

Test 1 Serenity ( no 2-set )
    Mastery - 35.91%
    Haste: 12.53%
    Crit: 28.43
    MS: 13.73

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=5&source=1

Test 2 - Serenity w/ 2set
    Mastery: 32.86%
    Haste: 10.6%
    Crit: 31.67
    MS: 15.56

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=6&source=1

Those stats are going to be the same for ChiEx. I feel some of the uptime is also lowered/raise due to difference sin haste and mastery as well that should be accounted for.

Test 3 - ChiEx w/ 2set
    Mastery: 32.86%
    Haste: 10.6%
    Crit: 31.67
    MS: 15.56

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=8&source=1

Test 4 - ChiEx with no set bonus
    Mastery - 35.91%
    Haste: 12.53%
    Crit: 28.43
    MS: 13.73

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2015-01-31 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried looking around if there already was discussion about the recent change to the alchemy trinket (stone of fire) and didn't find anything, so here goes:

With the latest build Stone of Fire seems to have had it's secondary changed from Mastery to Versatility, making it a +253 Versatility + 1350 Agility/15sec proc. I'm bad at calculating values, so how would this compare to hc/mythic BRF trinkets?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what are ya'lls opinions on the WW 2p and 4p? I may be swapping over to WW for BRF as we're unable to find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daissi View Post
    Tried looking around if there already was discussion about the recent change to the alchemy trinket (stone of fire) and didn't find anything, so here goes:

With the latest build Stone of Fire seems to have had it's secondary changed from Mastery to Versatility, making it a +253 Versatility + 1350 Agility/15sec proc. I'm bad at calculating values, so how would this compare to hc/mythic BRF trinkets?
    Yeah, would be interesting to know. What I really dislike about alchemy trinkets is how my prepull EHs cause it to go off and I lose it for the pull. Are we supposed to keep it unequipped until pull?

Hi, I use Serenity+brew. Do I need some haste? Or just go with all MS, Vers and Crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daissi View Post

If its Vers instead of Mastery then thats a huge buff to the trinket for WW. Assuming you have it fully upgraded it would still fall below most BRF Mythic trinkets, but it should be better than Mythic Imp trinket, worse than Mythic Butcher, and just about equal to Heroic BRF trinkets, making it worse than Mythic BRF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    So what are ya'lls opinions on the WW 2p and 4p? I may be swapping over to WW for BRF as we're unable to find a good one.
    Options in what regard?
    What it does?
    Item - Monk T17 Windwalker4P Bonus: While Tigereye Brew's damage effect is active, your multistrike damage is increased by 3% per stack of Tigereye Brew consumed.
    Item - Monk T17 Mistweaver 2P Bonus: Every time your Soothing Mist heals a target your multistrike chance is increased by 5%. Consuming a 5 stack of Vital Mists generates 1 Chi.
    How much of an increase is it?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frank161616 View Post
    Hi, I use Serenity+brew. Do I need some haste? Or just go with all MS, Vers and Crit?
    Right now haste is unavoidable. Until you get the t17 4pc you'll want to try and get MS, Vers, and Crit over Haste.

TP is probably a bug, it looks like it is supposed to be buffed for MW no changes for WW/BRM

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100787/tiger-palm

Deleted
    So from what I can tell, 2h weapons are an incredibly minor upgrade compared to 2x 1h weapons of the same ilvl, however is that still the case if we only get a single weapon enchant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenfu View Post
    So from what I can tell, 2h weapons are an incredibly minor upgrade compared to 2x 1h weapons of the same ilvl, however is that still the case if we only get a single weapon enchant?
    Yes, any calculations done to see 2H vs 1H takes into account the extra weapon enchant. Wouldnt make much sense to ignore it.

Deleted
    Hi guys, im just wondering if i am supposed to run 2 different sets, due the statprio differents between aoe (chi explosion, haste super stronk) and single target (serenity multistrike super stronko)
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by Bananebubi View Post
    Hi guys, im just wondering if i am supposed to run 2 different sets, due the statprio differents between aoe (chi explosion, haste super stronk) and single target (serenity multistrike super stronko)
    ty
    If you can get different sets there's no reason not to.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough.

I made 6 item from LW (2 heads, 2 chests and 2legs)......MS+Crit for Serenity, MS+Haste for Chiex~want to know is the perefect stat or not? thx!

That is correct for now, though haste will get a bump in BRF gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    WOOT!!!

Reia/Navv just finished implementing SEF into SimC!! The next release should have SEF turned on by default.

Though if you look at the ability spreads it shows all three pets, and that is due to the fact that the randomizer doesn't always use the exact same two pets each time.

To give an idea of the damage spread currently:

Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-02-01 at 04:26 PM.