Deleted
    On say kromog my second serenity, should I delay it for my Beating heart to come of cooldown? Or should I pop Serenity as soon as possible and use beating heart on next Teb+fof+procs ? Or save it for third Serenity?
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2015-03-02 at 03:43 PM.

I actually find chi burst to be better than chi wave even on ST - I'm using chi burst full time (it tends to line up quite well with TEB use).

Deleted
    Zen Sphere is better for single/2 target, on everything else chi burst is best. Chi wave is easier to use but not really comparable to those two in terms of dmg.

Deleted
    Can someone link the WA+macro for zSphere? Also can you macro zSphere to pet? Shouldnt it always hit then?

I'm not sure how people find the GCD's to make ZS worth casting. Yes ZS sims out better but it's another dimension of micromanagement and I lack the free GCD's to make it worthwhile without losing seconds on the FOF/RSK/capping energy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugme View Post
    I'm not sure how people find the GCD's to make ZS worth casting. Yes ZS sims out better but it's another dimension of micromanagement and I lack the free GCD's to make it worthwhile without losing seconds on the FOF/RSK/capping energy etc.
    We have a lot of spare gcd's - its not as much as a feral, but still reasonably high. It's a reward thing for managing it - if you aren't going to pull it off given competing priorities for your attention on a given fight, you will do better with CW - and if the fight involves any aoe, you are probably better off with burst.

Hi staccato!

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Can someone link the WA+macro for zSphere? Also can you macro zSphere to pet? Shouldnt it always hit then?
    I use the following macro for Zen Sphere:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:2/1] Chi Wave; [talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst
    /cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave; [nomod,@player,talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; [@focus,help,talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst
    With this macro it automatically switches to Chi Wave, Zen Sphere or Chi Burst based on your talent selection. If you're using Zen Sphere it will cast on yourself or a focus target if you hold down shift, ctrl or alt while pressing the bind.

I also use Clique and have middle click bound to Zen Sphere too in case I want to cast it on someone who isn't my focus. I don't like the idea of hardcoding a particular unit into my macros since very often that unit might not be in my raid, or might be out of range.

As an aside I rarely see these sorts of talent specific macros being used, but find them very useful. Here's my one for Dampen/Diffuse:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:5/2]Dampen Harm; Diffuse Magic
    /cast [talent:5/2]Dampen Harm; Diffuse Magic
    This simply changes between dampen or diffuse depending on your talent selection.

And for Leg Sweet/Charging Ox:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Charging Ox Wave; Leg Sweep
    /cast [talent:4/2]Charging Ox Wave; Leg Sweep
    Hope that helps someone!

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    We have a lot of spare gcd's - its not as much as a feral, but still reasonably high. It's a reward thing for managing it - if you aren't going to pull it off given competing priorities for your attention on a given fight, you will do better with CW - and if the fight involves any aoe, you are probably better off with burst.

Hi staccato!
    Hi xamir
    Well given the difference in free gcd opinions, where does keeping zs up on 2 targets sit in our priority?

Deleted
    Another question to Zen Sphere: When casting it, the images copy it on themself. But they do so every time (at least when not in a group with others), which results in the detonation at the end never to happen. Is this different when in groups with other people? If not, on SEF bosses we'd have to make a decision between casting it as often as possible, losing the detonation of your images, and casting it every 16+ seconds (depending on what else is ready at the given time), reducing its effectiveness either way. Or just go Chi Burst.

It's not that worth. Look at Warcraft Logs Gruul, first ones all with chi wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    That's not necessarily because of talents, though. A big part in high ranks is just how lucky you get with RPPM trinkets, having to deal with mechanics and how good the kill time is(right after a set of CDs vs just before they come back off CD, as well as shorter fights = higher Bloodlust uptime)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its only been a week with the changes, not large enough sample size to assume all the top parses will magically become ZS.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    On say kromog my second serenity, should I delay it for my Beating heart to come of cooldown? Or should I pop Serenity as soon as possible and use beating heart on next Teb+fof+procs ? Or save it for third Serenity?
    Bump. Help please

Karjis it depends on how long you would need to wait usually if something is 30+ seconds or more to have to hold it i wont its not worth loss of ` overall chance to use the proc in a fight. Just my opinion though.

Bump. Help please
    I think it depends on the fight length.

If the fight is ~4:25, you get 3 serenities, and 3 Beating heart uses if both are used on CD. If you line up your second serenity, you will miss out on one Beating Heart use.

~5 sec (fight start): Beating heart
    ~8 sec (end FoF channel): Serenity
    ~1:38: Serenity
    ~2:05: Beating Heart
    ~3:08: Serenity
    ~ 4:05: Beating Heart

If you know for sure the fight will go on for that long, you line up your second Beating Heart and Serenity. If you're worried the fight will end sooner, just use them as they come off CD. Make a timeline like above for the fight lengths.

Deleted
    Well, I did some repeated tests on a dummy, which of course isn't the ultimate test by far, but decent enough to analyze this.
    Against single target - just putting ZS on myself and letting it detonate -> refresh -> detonate etc. A good average test came out with these results:

Single Zen Sphere 177,2k dmg 1.0k dps
    Chi Wave 192,8k dmg 1.1k dps

If you add another friendly ZS target into that equation, it's perfectly clear who the winner is, even single target. Sure, you could argue that these values lies within the RNG margin of overall DPS, but it does help. Unless it becomes a distraction for you, of course.

If you factor in 2/3 target fights, the difference grows quite substantially. Above that, Chi Burst rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katryn View Post
    I use the following macro for Zen Sphere:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:2/1] Chi Wave; [talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst
    /cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave; [nomod,@player,talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; [@focus,help,talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst
    With this macro it automatically switches to Chi Wave, Zen Sphere or Chi Burst based on your talent selection. If you're using Zen Sphere it will cast on yourself or a focus target if you hold down shift, ctrl or alt while pressing the bind.

I also use Clique and have middle click bound to Zen Sphere too in case I want to cast it on someone who isn't my focus. I don't like the idea of hardcoding a particular unit into my macros since very often that unit might not be in my raid, or might be out of range.

As an aside I rarely see these sorts of talent specific macros being used, but find them very useful. Here's my one for Dampen/Diffuse:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:5/2]Dampen Harm; Diffuse Magic
    /cast [talent:5/2]Dampen Harm; Diffuse Magic
    This simply changes between dampen or diffuse depending on your talent selection.

And for Leg Sweet/Charging Ox:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Charging Ox Wave; Leg Sweep
    /cast [talent:4/2]Charging Ox Wave; Leg Sweep
    Hope that helps someone!
    These are great, but you don't really need the text after #showtooltip. It will just automatically update.

So could I please get clarification on how to use CE/BoK. Is serenity just not as good as CE on single target DPS? Or does it come down to a fight for fight bases?

When using CE should I use RSK on CD or just to reset buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Well, I did some repeated tests on a dummy, which of course isn't the ultimate test by far, but decent enough to analyze this.
    Against single target - just putting ZS on myself and letting it detonate -> refresh -> detonate etc. A good average test came out with these results:

Single Zen Sphere 177,2k dmg 1.0k dps
    Chi Wave 192,8k dmg 1.1k dps

If you add another friendly ZS target into that equation, it's perfectly clear who the winner is, even single target. Sure, you could argue that these values lies within the RNG margin of overall DPS, but it does help. Unless it becomes a distraction for you, of course.

If you factor in 2/3 target fights, the difference grows quite substantially. Above that, Chi Burst rules.
    Yup, did a Twin Ogron - ZS managed to outdamage Xuen - plus some ok healing, very nice. However if you are gonna maintain SEF there is little reason to bother yourself with keeping it on two targets - that way you lose the detonate on the clone. By using it on another player you only gain the dot which is quite small.

quick question, and would appreciate the answer

i got:
    ilvl670 scales of doom
    ilvl680 meaty dragonspine Trophy

and i just got the ilvl680 Humming Blackiron Trigger

not sure which trinket to switch
    if i switch scales i get a lot of agility, but i lose the MS proc which is so nice..
    which one do i switch out?