Quote Originally Posted by decbrew View Post
    The issues listed here are frequently reported issues that may be addressed at a later date via a client patch.
    Monk - Storm, Earth, and Fire clones do not move while channeling Fists of Fury while the Monk has Glyph of the Floating Butterfly active.

Will we actually see this fixed? I thought a dev stated just a few weeks ago it was intended that the clones didn't move.
    If we keep reporting it they may eventually budge - it wasn't too long ago where suggesting mobile channeling of FoF was like talking to a brick wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Since it's versatility I doubt it'd sim better than any of the BRF trinkets that most WW's are going for.
    But doenst it proc for some really good amount of Agility?
    Basically its a 135% Potion every time. I dont see any uptime, but since Versatility isnt the worst stat for WW...

Dont know, just thinking about it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    If we keep reporting it they may eventually budge - it wasn't too long ago where suggesting mobile channeling of FoF was like talking to a brick wall.
    This is true, but it cant be "reported" as if it were a bug. They want it this way, and its hard to argue that WW needs it to do competitive DPS.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Guild: "Looks like we will only be taking rogue melee on blackhand, hope you been gearing up your ranged alts" (to the warr/ret/monks)

And I am back to crying..
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-03-04 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Guild: "Looks like we will only be taking rogue melee on blackhand, hope you been gearing up your ranged alts" (to the warr/ret/monks)

And I am back to crying..
    Has nothing to do with class, just a melee thing. IF rogue didn't have feint it'd be a different story.
    I actually think monks could also do their job but it's just not as good as rogues do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Has nothing to do with class, just a melee thing. IF rogue didn't have feint it'd be a different story.
    I actually think monks could also do their job but it's just not as good as rogues do it.
    I know you guys are able to swap to many alts at the drop of a hat, and its amazing how you pull that off, but for my guild (pretty laid back casual), requiring a full ranged stack for specific bosses means running a larger roster, and people missing out on first kills.

That just feels shitty all around
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-03-04 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I know you guys are able to swap to many alts at the drop of a hat, and its amazing how you pull that off, but for my guild (pretty laid back casual), requiring a full ranged stack for specific bosses means running a larger roster, and people missing out on first kills.

That just feels shitty all around
    Not entirely sure I'd call a 8/10M, 16 hour guild "pretty laid back casual" when compared 99.99% of guilds in the world. Plus you raided almost 19 hours last week according to your logs.

It certainly sucks to get sat, and as time goes on there will be less need to sit specific classes, but thats the price you pay for fighting for the very top.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-03-04 at 02:21 PM.

Can someone clarify something for me - if you dual wield does it matter which enchant goes on which hand. Because I remember from sometime ago these sims

Where apparently Frostwolf/Warsong is different than Warsong/Frostwolf. But when I sim my monk with these exact same enchants there is no difference whatsoever when I switch them around in either ST or AOE. Anyone?

Deleted
    --After your opener--
    Keep up your RSK debuff, and keep it on cooldown!
    Use Tiger Palm to keep up Tiger Power!
    Keep Chi Wave on Cooldown!
    Jab for Chi!
    Use Fists of Fury to hit things super hard!
    Use Blackout Kick to dump the rest of your Chi!
    Keep at least one charge of Chi Brew on Cooldown if you're specced into it! I usually use both at the start of a fight, and then keep one on cooldown, while using the second any time I have a trinket proc.

From the opening post.

I just wonder if thats still up2date and where to put Chiburst into that.
    If not... whats the best normal rotation for ST right now?

Im still feeling doing to little damage right now, even so my gears isnt shaby at all..

Was actually wondering how up to date the OP still is. Saw it was edited in Feb. but I know there are a couple inconsistencies and some information that's certainly not in there, ZS for instance is completely ignored, but now we have some info that its actually good if you can reasonably fill in the GCDs (something I personally have a terrible time with).

As for Chi Burst, I believe the optimal usage is with TEB, and they line up pretty well so i'd fit it in there. The idea with Chi Wave/Zen Sphere is to keep them on CD as much as possible but fit them in during downtimes in your rotation, so that's how I would approach Chi Burst as well. I'm still new to monks and have relegated myself to sticking with ChiEx/Ascension because its most useful for trash and on a good portion of bosses so far this xpac, at least until I feel I have the class/abilities down rather well and feel comfortable changing up things to optimize my performance.
    Last edited by Qraziness; 2015-03-04 at 04:31 PM.
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!

Deleted
    Not sure how i feel about ChiX in BRF right now. Doenst seem to be good outside of Hans/Franz and Maidens. At least on HC.
    Last edited by mmoc5efd199a02; 2015-03-04 at 05:21 PM.

Ive come to that conclusion myself. I've been trying to run H HM the last couple nights to practice Chi Brew/Ascension/Zen Sphere. On every fight, not just where it's the best spec. So far it feels okay but it's certainly not anywhere near the point of comfort and I often times find myself in the middle of Serenity or FoF without having used TEB.

Actually wish I had started with the more complex rotation first /sigh
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by plaggy View Post
    Not sure how i feel about ChiX in BRF right now. Doenst seem to be good outside of Hans/Franz and Maidens. At least on HC.
    I run it on Flamebender, Beastlord and Thogar in addition to the 2 you mentioned.
    As far as I can tell it doesn't really matter on Flamebender(so I just took the braindead option so I don't have to think about delaying trinkets/Serenities and such).
    On Beastlord, it depends what you're doing. I'm whoring add damage because it's a pretty easy fight, and our tanks struggle with not dying, so getting rid of the adds instantly is helpful, as well as it working well for clearing out spears if they're close to eachother.
    On Thogar, I guess you could go Serenity if you have real AoE classes that are played well, so your add damage doesn't matter.
    With all of that said, heroic(and normal) Maidens with RJW and ChiEx is hilarious in terms of damage output(considering going Chi Burst next time, been doing CW pre-6.1 and ZS post-6.1)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

ChiEx has the added bonus of generating tons of TeB and its ST damage is not overly shabby. Actually the only fight I use Serenity for anymore really is Gruul, Oregorger, and HC Blackhand. I also generally hate Serenity and wish hurricane strike was more competetive than it is.

I'm torn on what to use on Beastlord. I've been running ChiEx so far and it's doing ok. I'm second on spear damage behind moonkin but for boss damage I'm about 7th(WCL being extremely slow atm so can't check).
    And it seems like Faultline and the final burn on boss is what really matters so I'm wondering if I'm doing my guild a disservice? I will lose out on any potential splash damage from spears and during dismount but maybe it's worth it.

Quick question. Why are people still opening with Tiger Palm instead of Rising Sun Kick after the buff? Is that just because they're used to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    I'm torn on what to use on Beastlord. I've been running ChiEx so far and it's doing ok. I'm second on spear damage behind moonkin but for boss damage I'm about 7th(WCL being extremely slow atm so can't check).
    And it seems like Faultline and the final burn on boss is what really matters so I'm wondering if I'm doing my guild a disservice? I will lose out on any potential splash damage from spears and during dismount but maybe it's worth it.
    Serenity is definitely better for the boss damage, if spears and pack beasts are under control, stay serenity for your prog kill, after that Chiex+Chi burst and go ham on those spears.

I think the only way for hurricane strikes to compete with serenity would be to reduce its cooldown (but keeping the same damage) as to not make super powerful in PvP. Wonder what CD it would need to match serenity - 30s?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I think the only way for hurricane strikes to compete with serenity would be to reduce its cooldown (but keeping the same damage) as to not make super powerful in PvP. Wonder what CD it would need to match serenity - 30s?
    and no chi cost..fuark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomnation View Post
    Quick question. Why are people still opening with Tiger Palm instead of Rising Sun Kick after the buff? Is that just because they're used to it?
    Its because 30% armor redux damage from a RSK is more damage than 20% damage of a Tiger Palm.