Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrior View Post
    I currently have a Mythic Scales of Doom, Heroic Dragonspine Trophy and a Heroic Beating Heart of the Mountain. Which two trinkets should I be using for single target dps. I've test both the scales and dragonspine with Beating Heart and have had similar results. Could someone tell me which combo sims the hightest or any advice in general of whats best.
    Since the ilvl are the same then follow the stat priority MS>Haste, Scales + Beating Heart for ST and DST + Beating Heart
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hi, just getting my 4-piece. I have some question :P
    Use Beating Heart on CD or save for TEB?

and about weapon enchant, with buff and food is about 26%~30% (Chiex~Serenity)

Warsong or Frostwolf is better? My weapon is Tal'rak, Bloody Skull of the Thunderlords.

thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frank161616 View Post
    Hi, just getting my 4-piece. I have some question :P
    Use Beating Heart on CD or save for TEB?

and about weapon enchant, with buff and food is about 26%~30% (Chiex~Serenity)

Warsong or Frostwolf is better? My weapon is Tal'rak, Bloody Skull of the Thunderlords.

thx!
    There is no reason TEB shouldn't be available when BH is up or shortly there after. You wont' be far off if you just macro it into TEB. You should be using TEB with procs anyway.

For enchants, not sure what you have that is 26-30%, assuming Multistrike. Either way; if you have Beating heart and Scales then go with Warsong. If not, then Frostwolf is best for ST, Warsong is best for cleave and close for ST, so most prefer to go with Warsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    There is no reason TEB shouldn't be available when BH is up or shortly there after. You wont' be far off if you just macro it into TEB. You should be using TEB with procs anyway.

For enchants, not sure what you have that is 26-30%, assuming Multistrike. Either way; if you have Beating heart and Scales then go with Warsong. If not, then Frostwolf is best for ST, Warsong is best for cleave and close for ST, so most prefer to go with Warsong.
    Cause my set for cleave have 2 gear with crit&haste, so MS is about 26%
    Now I am use Fire Stone and Beating Heart.....
    go with Warsong is more utility? Only have one weapon
    Last edited by frank161616; 2015-03-30 at 10:42 AM.

I would just go with warsong since it is the more versatile enchant plus looks the best.

In other news mythic blast furnace is fun.

Deleted
    So, Im kinda new to WW monk and Im wondering, on fights with a lot of adds like Thogar and Furnace, should my aoe just be kinda shitty or what am I supposed to do when there is a lot of adds and they die too fast to make use of SEF? Spinning Crane Kick/RJW does no dmg it feels like.

I have 4T17 and ilv is 683.

Found lots of people on WCL have about 300 Mastery. Now my Mastery is 147, should I get more Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by frank161616 View Post
    I have 4T17 and ilv is 683.

Found lots of people on WCL have about 300 Mastery. Now my Mastery is 147, should I get more Mastery?
    You only have as much mastery as you can't dump, its not a deliberate thing.

I still have ~500 mastery in my dps gear, just because the drops haven't been ideal, but they are still a dps increase.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-03-31 at 11:29 AM.

I have some mastery too because my gloves have some, but the socket makes up for it. People can't really get to 0 mastery as WW since we want a 4pt which contains mastery on two items. Try dumping it as long as you can afford to.

I finally did some mythic oregorger and man did I hate dps'ing on this fight. Overall it was pretty fun to do, I had my own crate assigned for ToD and the path we used was pretty funny. But dps was such a mess!
    Granted it was the first time I did it on mythic, and most mythic fight feel bad for dps untill you get used to them. I didn't even dps that bad, I maintained a decent 40K dps on most trys. But I never found a good opportunity to FoF. I had to delay it when my kick was coming up, when a bump was likely, and since all those abilities are random I found myself delaying FoF for 5 seconds or more on each cast. I'll probably get used to it with more confidence in the fight since we killed it right away, but I can't stop thinking this is a pain for us.

Going to Gruul next, but most likely as BrM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    So, Im kinda new to WW monk and Im wondering, on fights with a lot of adds like Thogar and Furnace, should my aoe just be kinda shitty or what am I supposed to do when there is a lot of adds and they die too fast to make use of SEF? Spinning Crane Kick/RJW does no dmg it feels like.
    SCK is for burst AOE, RJW is for never. For Furnace and Thogar, if you want to AOE, take Chi Torpedo, Celerity, and Chi Burst to use on all the adds.

Is the blackhand hc trinket proc strong enough to use teb with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Is the blackhand hc trinket proc strong enough to use teb with?
    It is, the stat priorities are fairly close, so if its Beating Heart or the Blackhand Trinket shouldnt make a huge difference.

Deleted
    Hi, I'm potentially switching from BrM to WW and I just have a quick question. I was reading the WW BRF Tips and Tricks thread and I dont recall seeing any mention of RJW. Are there any fights where I would want to take it?

Deleted
    Not at all, no.

Is there a priority list for procs to use TeB on? I remember i think babylonius wrote down a list but I can't remember exactly what the order is, from memory I think it was Lub Dub>Tiger Strikes~=Scales>Ring>Trophy>Weapon Enchant. If I'm correct in that then I've been playing very wrong, rarely prioritizing Tiger Strikes procs over ring.

Thanks friends!

Why does my Chi Burst fly into the air while being grasped by hands on Kromog? It only seems to happen sometimes. Does anyone know how to make it so that it goes straight every time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting logs on the help section but asking here isn't too bad.. Has anyone noticed a dps decrease when using Beating heart? I replaced it with the buthcer ms trinket (heroic) and found my dps to be lower. I can't even meet my previous log ranks again.

BigFattMario is my toon by the way. You can find logs on warcraftlogs.

I have found my DPS to go up with Beating Heart, plus its extra burst for when you need it on progression fights. I can edit this after i look at logs.
    You aren't clipping casts with it from the ones i looked at but you are not lining it up with anything esle. TEB should be one of the easiest to line up but you could get pots/serenity they are just "harder". Using BHoTM is going to vary on fight length but here is what i wrote on an old post for Gruul

Correct usage of a 2min trinket is always going to depend on the fight length. You can get away with delaying your serenity to line up with the trinket on certain fights. On a fight like mythic Gruul I knew our first kill was going to be around 5min 45sec in so i planned my CDs and trinkets accordingly.
    At Pull : Xuen, BHoTM, and Serenity
    Around 1:30 into the fight use your second serenity with no other CDs
    Around 3mins you can line up everything again with XUen, BHoTM, Serenity and your 2nd pot
    Then at about 5minutes into the fight you can use your last BHoTM and Serenity.
    Doing it this way you don't clip any casts and you line up as much as possible. Obviously Gruul is a little easier to time since it is just a DPS race but if you want examples from other fights I can dig them up.
    Last edited by Lalaman23; 2015-04-01 at 06:14 AM.

Is there any special treatment you do handling Detonation procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    I have found my DPS to go up with Beating Heart, plus its extra burst for when you need it on progression fights. I can edit this after i look at logs.
    You aren't clipping casts with it from the ones i looked at but you are not lining it up with anything esle. TEB should be one of the easiest to line up but you could get pots/serenity they are just "harder". Using BHoTM is going to vary on fight length but here is what i wrote on an old post for Gruul

Correct usage of a 2min trinket is always going to depend on the fight length. You can get away with delaying your serenity to line up with the trinket on certain fights. On a fight like mythic Gruul I knew our first kill was going to be around 5min 45sec in so i planned my CDs and trinkets accordingly.
    At Pull : Xuen, BHoTM, and Serenity
    Around 1:30 into the fight use your second serenity with no other CDs
    Around 3mins you can line up everything again with XUen, BHoTM, Serenity and your 2nd pot
    Then at about 5minutes into the fight you can use your last BHoTM and Serenity.
    Doing it this way you don't clip any casts and you line up as much as possible. Obviously Gruul is a little easier to time since it is just a DPS race but if you want examples from other fights I can dig them up.
    I guess I can't do much else but time the trinket with actual strong dps cooldowns like Serenity and Xuen. I was actually originally macroing it with only TeB and Xuen because that's what people posted on the thread I made for BHotM.

The only reason why I am so confused about this because I haven't been able to beat my previous ranks since I got that trinket. I feel like that trinket is worse but perhaps I have to start timing it well this time around in order to get the best dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update to those that were wondering, since I tied my BHotM trinket to strong cooldowns instead of TeB, my dps improved. Perhaps, that was the problem all along.