Nah I wouldn't say weapon enchants are useless, but they sure ain't as important. Full heirloom gear is more than enough to stomp leveling. If you have an enchanting toon, you can get the dancing steel enchants for free basically nowdays, and the proc is quite strong. I usually settle for that.

As for lvl 100, no one actually does a different enchanting set for ChiExplosion spec. Multistrike enchants everywhere+haste on weapon is close to bis in every situation. According to Hinalover, come 6.2 switching enchants to multistrike might be equivalent or better with high gear.

I've been changing a couple things in my playstyle and getting good results damage wise. Mostly TeB management, if I get anything solid I'll post about it.

As for weapons, we've said it many times, there is a question about stats, about 2H vs 1H, but overall it realy comes down first to weapon ilvl.

Deleted
    I was in the bus while writing my post

So ilvl is more than stats in weapon case?

Quote Originally Posted by Thotmep View Post
    I understand there is different stat prio/weapon enchant depending on whether going for serenity or chi explosion, but what should I enchant a 2h-weapon for leveling?
    Dancing Steel, Frostwolf, Thunderlord or maybe Warsong would all be fine(I'd not go Warsong, though, because energy regen isn't an issue while levelling because there's lots of downtime)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinai View Post

In pretty much every situation, yes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Multistrike caps at 100%. However in 6.2, mostly due to the Tiger Strikes change, there appears to be a soft cap of 35-40%. Because of this then Yea Beating Heart's value is going to drop considerably unless you drop a TON of MS gear to compensate.

Also, I mentioned this in the Mistweaver thread, but there appears to be a bug with Expel Harm and Auto Attacks. It appears that Expel Harm, depending on the timing of the Auto Attack, will reset the Auto Attack's timing. It was first noticed with Mistweavers where Expel Harm, instant-cast Surging Mist, and the actual proccing of Gift of the Serpent Orbs where resetting Auto Attacks. I got confirmation that Expel Harm was resetting for Brewmasters from IRC last night:

http://tinyurl.com/m7q4kwv

I tried eye-ball testing last night right before raid but I'll run some more later. I'm thinking it's related to the healing component of the spell is what is triggering the reset.
    Hey again just asking the first part of my question again:
    @hinalover
    So speaking of the current patch 6.1; I have a heroic Beating heart and a mythic DST and a mythic humming trigger. I think that beating heart+humming trigger would be best? Or does the 2 mythic trinkets together outweigh the heroic beating heart?

I'm curious about this because on simcraft its showing the two mythic trinkets ahead by like 200 dps over heroic beating heart + mythic humming trigger (which sim'd like 30 dps higher than the beating heart and DST combo) and I just... I don't know. I can't fathom that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonaluvuhard View Post
    Hey again just asking the first part of my question again:
    @hinalover
    So speaking of the current patch 6.1; I have a heroic Beating heart and a mythic DST and a mythic humming trigger. I think that beating heart+humming trigger would be best? Or does the 2 mythic trinkets together outweigh the heroic beating heart?

I'm curious about this because on simcraft its showing the two mythic trinkets ahead by like 200 dps over heroic beating heart + mythic humming trigger (which sim'd like 30 dps higher than the beating heart and DST combo) and I just... I don't know. I can't fathom that lol.
    I'd go with Trigger and Heart for Serenity, Trophy and Heart for ChiEx. Pretty sure Hina posted some sims at the start of the tier that showed both mythic and heroic Hearts beating every other trinket? Might be remembering wrong. Either way, 200 DPS difference when one of the trinkets is on-use means I'd take the on-use in most cases, just because it can be lined up with things very easily, which can make it stronger.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I'd go with Trigger and Heart for Serenity, Trophy and Heart for ChiEx. Pretty sure Hina posted some sims at the start of the tier that showed both mythic and heroic Hearts beating every other trinket? Might be remembering wrong. Either way, 200 DPS difference when one of the trinkets is on-use means I'd take the on-use in most cases, just because it can be lined up with things very easily, which can make it stronger.
    Yeah that's what I decided to do as well because I feel that while maybe the 2 mythics together for single target may be stronger if I could play perfectly like a robot, the simplified on use will probably still end up a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinai View Post

Which is why we're screwed in HFC as there's no 735ilvl (Mythic) weapon for us dropping from Archimonde.
    We'll be 5-11 weapon ilvls behind some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Which is why we're screwed in HFC as there's no 735ilvl (Mythic) weapon for us dropping from Archimonde.
    We'll be 5-11 weapon ilvls behind some classes.
    There's nothing after Mythic Archimonde so it doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    There's nothing after Mythic Archimonde so it doesn't matter
    While this is true, there's still the "disadvantage" for people going after rankings on WCL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    While this is true, there's still the "disadvantage" for people going after rankings on WCL etc.
    Why? Usually you are comparing yourself to your own class only anyway because there certainly is too much of a difference between each of the classes for it to be skill-based comparisons if you play at a high level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at the items and then are indeed some gear that we get before Mythic Archimonde that are still good upgrades. Look like our BiS will be perhaps the multi/haste one hand (Hinalover, Darling, please runs sims already) since our tier is more reliant on combo breaker this time around and the weapon will be a 730. No idea on the other gear.

Also, why do you fellers care about Mythic Archimonde? As soon as the final boss is dead, its pretty much the signal to stop caring about DPS, go for logs, upgrade members and get ready for next tier and/or start taking breaks.

well thanks to all the nerfs my guild has finally started benching me. should i just drop this class completely for 6.2? and hope one day blizzard stops screwing us?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    well thanks to all the nerfs my guild has finally started benching me. should i just drop this class completely for 6.2? and hope one day blizzard stops screwing us?
    WW got nerfed? You mean that 3-4% max before you get any trinket?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    WW got nerfed? You mean that 3-4% max before you get any trinket?
    Every class has a super crazy trinket you can't really use them as justification for a nerf. But yeah the nerf isnt big enough to be make or break for the spec.

So I haven't been keeping up with monk ptr as much as perhaps I should. Anybody who's testing it got anything to say along the lines of "monks are gonna be awesome!!" hopefully?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    So I haven't been keeping up with monk ptr as much as perhaps I should. Anybody who's testing it got anything to say along the lines of "monks are gonna be awesome!!" hopefully?
    "Monks are gonna be practically the same" "The archimonde trinket and 4pc bonus is going to be awesome"

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    "Monks are gonna be practically the same" "The archimonde trinket and 4pc bonus is going to be awesome"
    Bitching. Yet again you come through for me. If you make a toon on my server I'll give you a pet, US-Runetotem Horde.

Edit: also, thanks for the help with my logs l2p issues I was having. Jumped up from ~35k on darmac to 50k.
    Last edited by Killface1; 2015-05-27 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Bitching. Yet again you come through for me. If you make a toon on my server I'll give you a pet, US-Runetotem Horde.

Edit: also, thanks for the help with my logs l2p issues I was having. Jumped up from ~35k on darmac to 50k.
    No reward required, I raid twice a week, helping keeps me busy.

OnTopic: most other classes have really strong 4pc and trinket, so its not going to be a magical DPS fix like Rune of Re-Origination was.

If nothing changes I think monks will be sat on ST (is there actually ANY complete ST fight in HFC? Maybe reaver) but used frequently for cleave, which is almost EVERY fight in HFC. I tested 10/13 bosses on PTR and had a good time as WW monk, always top 5 out of 25 on heroic, I guess mythic will be about the same unless there are some serious mechanical changes.

I feel this will be a far better tier than BRF as soon as we get our hands on the needed items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    If nothing changes I think monks will be sat on ST (is there actually ANY complete ST fight in HFC? Maybe reaver) but used frequently for cleave, which is almost EVERY fight in HFC. I tested 10/13 bosses on PTR and had a good time as WW monk, always top 5 out of 25 on heroic, I guess mythic will be about the same unless there are some serious mechanical changes.

I feel this will be a far better tier than BRF as soon as we get our hands on the needed items.
    I believe this is the reasoning for the nerfs as WW will be too strong on the majority of the bosses due to encounter design a small nerf is warranted. It looks bad on paper, but looking at the fights that have been tested, we won't have a problem.