Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    I don't have any footage but I may stream some farm in the future.
    Would be very interesting to know what talents and "special tactics" you used during the different encounters. I know we can look at warcraftlogs for most of it. but a small guide with a few sentences on each boss would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2015-08-01 at 12:44 PM.

Hey Rait, would you mind going a little more in depth on taking Chi Explosion for single target purposes?

I assume there are some sort of haste levels that you'd be looking to reach before using ChiEx for ST.
    Also is there anything you try doing different with the rotation as compared to ChiEx cleave.

With so many Tiger Palm combo-breaker procs, should I use it asap or just to refresh? Seems like dps loss if I waste more procs.

I have 4p and Arch trinket.

New monk here, had a question about Tigereye brew. Is it supposed to reset your stacks to zero when a boss gets pulled? I noticed it happening doing LFR last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted
    Yes, it is supposed to lose all stacks on boss pull. In addition to this you lose the buff when you pull a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    New monk here, had a question about Tigereye brew. Is it supposed to reset your stacks to zero when a boss gets pulled? I noticed it happening doing LFR last night.
    Yes, they made that happen at some point in early MoP(iirc), because before then we'd stack up 10 stacks before the pull with Expel Harm and Fists of Fury(didn't require a target then), which wasn't fun for us or for the rest of the raid because it took so long.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, they made that happen at some point in early MoP(iirc), because before then we'd stack up 10 stacks before the pull with Expel Harm and Fists of Fury(didn't require a target then), which wasn't fun for us or for the rest of the raid because it took so long.
    Ah, okay. Was just curious. Thanks fellas.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadli View Post
    I just saw logs of some guy who plays Chiexplosion on Zakuun and seems do to a lot of damage with it. Is there a specific item level to use this effectively or can you just do it with the archimonde trinket on hc or higher? IMO it's very interesting and I would like to try it but since I don't know when it's actually effective I'm not sure.
    Well, in BRF ChiEx on ST was best to be cast on 3 chi, but it's downright inpossible to get 3 chi ChiEx with the new set bonus. Any idea how to achieve decent ST with ChiEx?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just now returning to raid and have the option in front of me to main the Rogue or WW Monk. I love to compete with other players and don't mind having a somewhat up-hill battle in front of me to the competition either. Now, with that said, I keep reading tons of responses throughout our forums that WW's are not in a good place. As I am new I don't have the experience to know if this is truth or fiction, how bad it really is or anything. I have to just take peoples word till I hit the ground.

Now onto the meat of the question. Are WW monks so bad off that I should just go to the Rogue or can we still manage to earn our raid spots (I prefer to over-earn my spot and not just barely make the cut).

I love my monk more than any class but the Rogue I like enough that if I had to choose it I would not worry about it that much either, whatever becomes the alt has a run already waiting for it.

Thank you in advance for the help you all have provided me and everyone here with.

Deleted
    Imo monk is in a solid spot, especially after the buffs. They do lack a bit on single target but this instance doesnt really have any pure single target fight apart from maybe zakuun anyway.
    Also, in the "harder" part of the instance, you can easily top every dmg meter and bring some nice utility to the raid with leg sweep.
    If you wanna play your monk, go for it but you wouldnt make a mistake by playing rogue either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Well, in BRF ChiEx on ST was best to be cast on 3 chi, but it's downright inpossible to get 3 chi ChiEx with the new set bonus. Any idea how to achieve decent ST with ChiEx?
    You don't have to cast it with 3 chi. It was better to use a 3 chi + tiger palm than a 4 chi but chi explosion still does more damage with 4 chi than it does with 3 chi (there was a whole bunch of idiots arguing about this a few month back on this thread, shut up, it's true.) so you just do the normal rotation now as it's not worth spending the global on the tiger palm.

Additionally the SDI trinket works with how many chi you spend on chi explosion to give you the chance at an extra proc so with a 4 chi explosion you have a higher chance to get a free RSK and therefore proc combo breaker again. (just go the the dummies and hit it with enough 4 chiEx and youll see the double RSK proc eventually)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojbackwards View Post
    Imo monk is in a solid spot, especially after the buffs. They do lack a bit on single target but this instance doesnt really have any pure single target fight apart from maybe zakuun anyway.
    Also, in the "harder" part of the instance, you can easily top every dmg meter and bring some nice utility to the raid with leg sweep.
    If you wanna play your monk, go for it but you wouldnt make a mistake by playing rogue either.
    Thank you very much for this response. I will stick with the monk then. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post
    I will stick with the monk then. <3
    A wise decision. They might not be the greatest for all situations, but they can make themselves worthwhile anywhere, and they're by far the most fun to play. Monks are crazy fun.

Rait - grats on you and pwnanzas archimond kill and rounding out the top 5 world! Rad to have a top monk post here regularly

Mythic Council: I got real lucky today and got back to back fel rage fixates on our final pull of the day, which turned into our kill. It was awesome, and I highly recommend doing that for anybody looking to have a real good time. Doing 200k dps for the first 2 minutes did not suck, and I highly recommend doing the same to anybody debating whether they want to get the only 2 fel rages in the fight

But I have a question: whenever I would get marked, when the reap would go off if I used diffuse magic, I never got a puddle under me. Was that a glitch and/or bug, or is that normal and I can avoid running out whenever I have diffuse magic up for the reaps? It didn't seem to be causing the mark to jump to anybody else or any problems of that nature, but I still don't want to sit in melee if for any reason I'm going to drop a reap rupture in melee.

diffuse gets rid of the mark with no negative consequences so feel free to cleanse it on cd (or before a reap is going out)

Deleted
    Diffuse dispels your mark and doesnt make it jump to other players, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by skulldelight View Post
    diffuse gets rid of the mark with no negative consequences so feel free to cleanse it on cd (or before a reap is going out)
    Is there any reason to hold on to it? Wouldn't it be more beneficial just to get rid of it immediately so that healers rarely have to dispel me, there are fewer jumps, and less in general to heal?

depends on how badly your healers need the extra help for healing, i suppose

i generally pop it as soon as i see the debuff, but i have had times where i've done that and gotten another mark before reap, so i guess it's preference of whether you want to 100% avoid moving for a reap or helping your healers

Deleted
    So, if i go with chiex and use SC with it, should i pop TeB with whatever stacks it has when SC procs in pull? i usually delay the proc by equipping 2-5sec before pull so id get some stacks before proc.. Btw is it normal that with chiex i drown to TeB and get close 100% uptime but with serenity and chi brew my uptime (10stack) drops to around 60%? i think i do something wrong there..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupton View Post
    So, if i go with chiex and use SC with it, should i pop TeB with whatever stacks it has when SC procs in pull? i usually delay the proc by equipping 2-5sec before pull so id get some stacks before proc.. Btw is it normal that with chiex i drown to TeB and get close 100% uptime but with serenity and chi brew my uptime (10stack) drops to around 60%? i think i do something wrong there..
    I am not sure about SC since I dont have that trinket myself and have not been able to test it. My assumption is that since TB increases your damage its worth it to pop TB when SC procs.

And yes, you should have around 60-65% uptime on Serenity. Chi ex rotation offers you a hell of alot more TB stacks than Serenity rotation therefore you have around 100% uptime.

For those ppl with 2+pcs tier 18 and SDI trinket, if Combo Breaker: Chi Explosion proc when you are at 1 or 2 chi, do you use the proc immediately, or use jab to increase chi to 3-4 and then use the proc?

And with 2+pcs tier 18, in a 2 target stack together fight RSK should be use on cd all time, only in a 3+ target stack together fight will RSK be use for keeping up debuff. Is that correct?