Deleted
    Because of the nature of the SC proc, he's right for many fights.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I would recommend using Censer on most fights instead of Soul Cap. It's not that Soul cap is weak, I remember having an attempt on Zakuun doing 100k dps but I had 7 procs of the trinket very early. Its purely an RNG trinket. Use it for fun and for farm. Progression, I would never recommend it. Either Mirror or MC will do best.
    I did recommend Censer for most fights. I'd never use Soul Cap on anything but Zakuun and Reaver and Reaver I'm not sure about. Since Censer and Soul Cap are theoretically the same RPPM, Soul Cap has a higher maximum damage so if you're going to take a risk on an RPPM trinket, and have a cancelaura macro, then Soul Cap doesn't hurt on those two fights. I use Mirror on just about everything besides Gorefiend, Reaver, and Zakuun.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that the 1ppm trinket difference is the reason why, Soul Cap is just horrible for us. Its only best if we have FoF or Serenity up, and only good for any dps that can have proc a lot. Other than that, the Censer lets us reach the MS cap faster which is good in general, and lets us have one less thing to track.

I ran Soul Kappa on Iskar mythic as well, because the explosion on the mythic only add is disgustingly good(and it's not too difficult to just make the explosion hit that, and the 1.5-3mil explosion each time is so good). It's great for priority target damage if you can aim it so it only hits that target, and on that fight that add is literally the only thing that matters.
    Also, getting a Soul Kappa proccing into the ring which then procs into another Soul Kappa is just soooo satisfying.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

We actually get decent soul kappacitor usage on those fights.
    Of course we don't get that 4Million damage opener subs get. But subs are weird, they get this huge burst every other minute including pull, this good 10 seconds of damage every minute, and outside of that the damage is pretty meh. So of course they'll benefit more than us if they get kappacitor procs during their vendetta or shadowdance lining up with a ring and shadow reflection, and you'll see extremely high parses because there are tons of rogues out there so sometimes the magic happens. However this is not the norm, and more often than not procs will happen in the 83% of the time they are not shadow dancing and are just chilling out refreshing some rupture or something.
    Same goes for ferals, even though now the berzerk/incarnation lasts for hours, outside of that they can't even pool much energy because they need to dump energy because of set bonuses.

What I mean is, many people are saying we're a bad class to benefit from kappacitor. Maybe for top logs we are but the difference is we got this ressource we can line up with kappacitor to some extent, and the biggest part of our burst is not something we use during pull, its a ressource we can pool a lot and a 25 seconds CD spell. It might not be as good on us as on them for 2min30 second mythic zakuun kills, however for fights which actually matter its good on us (compared to other options of course).

EDIT @Tradu: that's true, allthough it is not that easy in my experience to reliably target an add with an explosion, specially when your tank is not a god with boss movements.
    This would be so good if SC worked with SEF.

Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    EDIT @Tradu: that's true, allthough it is not that easy in my experience to reliably target an add with an explosion, specially when your tank is not a god with boss movements.
    This would be so good if SC worked with SEF.
    The hitbox is large enough that it didn't cause any issues once I asked our tank to not have it in the center of the pile(you just need a little bit of "clear" hitbox and move to max range). Over our 12 wipes, I think I only had 2 or 3 split explosions while the mythic add was up.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Got a little question regarding trinkets as I usually spend most of my tries swapping them to notice performance differences. What would be trinkets you guys would recommend for all the Mythic Bosses? i.e, Hellfire assault x+y, etc.. Most of the time I am using my NM SDI + M WF MotB, but I also have a heroic capacitator.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    Got a little question regarding trinkets as I usually spend most of my tries swapping them to notice performance differences. What would be trinkets you guys would recommend for all the Mythic Bosses? i.e, Hellfire assault x+y, etc.. Most of the time I am using my NM SDI + M WF MotB, but I also have a heroic capacitator.
    The last page or two is full of discussion on the trinkets as well as several other places on this thread and forum. The some way depend on your skill and comfort level with the fights so what works best for one may not work best for another.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Is the 620-02 build the lates build for us or has Hina a own were we are up to date for personal Sims? Thanks for ur answers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here you can find newer versions for Windows. They're sorted by modification date so the latest one is always at the top. They link to this directory from their download page btw.

EDIT: To answer your question more directly: 620-02 is the latest "official" release but there are newer ones.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    The last page or two is full of discussion on the trinkets as well as several other places on this thread and forum. The some way depend on your skill and comfort level with the fights so what works best for one may not work best for another.
    Indeed, did a reading of the last 5-6 pages and managed to self answer my questions. Thanks!
    One thing I want to understand clearly. Haste would be a safe stat for both ST and AoE with just gems or could I go all the way for enchants as well? At the moment I am sitting at 51-52% ms
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2015-09-04 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Here you can find newer versions for Windows. They're sorted by modification date so the latest one is always at the top. They link to this directory from their download page btw.

EDIT: To answer your question more directly: 620-02 is the latest "official" release but there are newer ones.
    Thank you very much!

So I guess multistrike is getting the ax in legion. What do you guys think they'll balance us around next? (Link to the interview highlights where they said multistrike is kill)

7+ Year Old Account
    If that is true (I wouldn't miss it anyway, it's just small crits and feels not unique enough aside from procs especially associated with it) I guess they will balance us around Haste if they listen to the community (to make the spec feel fast; many people want that) or around Crit (which is the closest thing to MS).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this is buried somewhere in this forum topic, but how does ChiX compare to Serenity now on single target, each with their optimal gearing equipped? 10% behind? 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    If that is true (I wouldn't miss it anyway, it's just small crits and feels not unique enough aside from procs especially associated with it) I guess they will balance us around Haste if they listen to the community (to make the spec feel fast; many people want that) or around Crit (which is the closest thing to MS).
    They'll either embrace the current state of our secondaries and make Versatility our attunement stat, or troll the shit out of us and give us 500% more mastery as our attunement. Calling it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I'm sure this is buried somewhere in this forum topic, but how does ChiX compare to Serenity now on single target, each with their optimal gearing equipped? 10% behind? 5%?
    About 10%.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Serenity is better than CX on a few more bosses than expected now I feel. No point using ChiEx for Kormrok hands, Socrethar caster adds or Kilrogg big adds(they need to die quickly so you'll have like 15%-20% uptime of cleaving CX, even during progress). Only reason to go CX on Kilrogg would be if you're sent down...

That said, Serenity rotation isn't as awkward as I expected it to be. There's periods where I think I used Serenity when I didn't because of the ridiculous proc chains, but at least you're not fucked over if you get a Combo Breaker on 0 Chi. Having 2 gearsets will be a bit weird, although it might just not be worth it if Zakuun is already farm content for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    So I guess multistrike is getting the ax in legion. What do you guys think they'll balance us around next? (Link to the interview highlights where they said multistrike is kill)
    Haste is my hopes. I miss the faster pace of MoP Monks for sure. They also said almost every spec is getting reworked and some are even being renamed. So here's to hoping that our rework is for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Haste is my hopes. I miss the faster pace of MoP Monks for sure. They also said almost every spec is getting reworked and some are even being renamed. So here's to hoping that our rework is for the best.
    Of course the fast paced SoO MoP WW Monk was good fun, but that's why we shouldn't focus on Haste. We need to be fast paced in the High Maul equivalent as well as fast paced in Hellfire equivalent. This xpac we were too slow at the start, and now we get so much TEB, it's become the Paladin's scrapped Inquistion.

They'll probably cut multistrike and replace it with new type of stat, or change our mastery to multistrike.

Any tips for H Archimonde? Like which adds should I use SEF on?