7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    They'll probably cut multistrike and replace it with new type of stat, or change our mastery to multistrike.
    If they tune it properly I wouldn't mind that at all. I thought the same thing about Ele shamans: they should get their old Mastery back. The current one looks nice and isn't too bad, but I'd rather lose that than multistriking Chain Lightnings (on my alt ). I could totally see something like that work for Windwalkers as well. I hope we get a lot of details about the reworks they announced at Blizzcon. I'm excited.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallist View Post
    Any tips for H Archimonde? Like which adds should I use SEF on?
    If you have 4set and idealy class trinket too, you should go with ChiEx, Chi burst. If your overall raid damage isnt too high, you should be able to place SEF on every add in the first phase, What I did on progres was : Starting the fight with TP, RSK on archi then spamming ChiEx for TEB stacks, using SEF + RSK + energizing brew on the first doomfire, then using SEF + 10TEB + TP + RSK into FoF on the first Doomguard, you should also be able to use your first ToD on him. Then just repeat the proces. Try using your Chi Burst only when atleast one add is up. Always remember to have 10TEB stored when you know the add is coming and the using the TEB stacks AFTER you cast SEF on the add. Also refresh TP and RSK when you cast SEF on every new add, really important. In second phase, remember to have 10TEB and idealy Chi Burst off cd when you know the adds are coming. You should always be able to put SEF on one Green dude and one Felhunter.

Deleted
    I personally used SEF only on the tank adds and infernals.
    Doomfires: The first is dead within seconds (because of opening CDs), and I switched to the others: they are many times not in range of the boss for the SEF add to hit both with FoF, so it's a small damage loss on the doomfires. That wasn't worth the minimal overall damage gain for me. In addition, I used ToD on the second, so I had to run there anyway.
    Caster add: I prefered to go there myself and interrupt if a spell is about to go through. So I didn't use SEF on them. If you're 100% certain that the others interrupt everything, you can use SEF. But they get focussed quite fast, so it is usually only a very small overall dps gain.
    Dogs: If your raid is stacked up tight, SEF on them can certainly be a gain. If not, they teleport around for their AoE and you lose dps with your image running there. I didn't use it, but it depends on the raid.

Trinkets: I got the best results with SDI and MotBM. SC can be a gain if the stars align and it procs really good. But overall, the other too are definitly the better choice for this fight.

TeB: Phase 2 is quite easy, so is the beginning of phase 3. 25% - that's when shit starts to get messy. I had to go down on banish 1 / 3, so I was trying to keep as many stacks as possible of TeB when going down the first time and then for 25% and the first infernal spawn. Note that with 4p / SDI we get almost 100% TeB uptime anyway that far into the fight.

For the rest: More or less what Wada said. Although I did use Chi Burst even on only one target when I thought the heal would help out. Don't underestimate its healing capabilities with TeB up.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-09-05 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    If they tune it properly I wouldn't mind that at all. I thought the same thing about Ele shamans: they should get their old Mastery back. The current one looks nice and isn't too bad, but I'd rather lose that than multistriking Chain Lightnings (on my alt ). I could totally see something like that work for Windwalkers as well. I hope we get a lot of details about the reworks they announced at Blizzcon. I'm excited.
    I don't really see why Windwalker would get MS as our mastery, though, considering it does absolutely nothing interesting for us(it's literally just crit 2.0 that we get a bit more of from our attunement)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it isn't really that interesting but I still hope they do SOMETHING with our Mastery to make it not scale absolutely horribly. Adding a sort of multistrike chance, maybe something similar to our class trinket, could help turn our Mastery into something that is sort of gameplay changing (increases TEB uptime) yet also increases our DPS just enough to be competetive with other stats. I wouldn't even mind if they changed our Mastery to be just multistrikes as long as it helps stat balancing. I don't think every stat needs to be perfectly balanced for each spec but Mastery is so simply too far behind everything else for WWs.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    U should put SEF on Archimonde himself, that way u can swap to Doomfire and by the time Doomfire dies Deathcaller will soon spawn and u can switch urself to it, that way u don't have to rebuff ur clone with TP/TEB. The 1-2GCD's where u both will be attacking Archimonde u just use jab.

Deleted
    Some more experiences from later into the instance: If your raid has a lot of stuns on Xhul'horac and your Leg Sweep wiffs occasionally because of DR, you can use Ring of Peace as a one-off AoE interrupt with no lockout for every second imp wave.

You can take the 3rd tanks job on Mannoroth. You can take every Massive Blast that a tank would need to take before P3. There's some situations where the add tank will have a difficult time making it to the boss before the Massive Blast(especially if it's a DK), so you can just take that Massive Blast for them with Diffuse Magic to ensure the stacks on the main tank reset. You will have to play very well and might have to call for an external if you get Mark of Doom at an awkward timing, but you basically are the insurance for your guild to never need to 3-tank the fight. The only situation where you can't safely do this is if you get feared twice within 2 minutes right before Massive Blasts you would have to take, but this situation doesn't happen very often and in that case your maintank can just take externals to take 2 Blasts.

Soul Capacitor might also be worth it for you on Mannoroth if you have enough Imp damage(2 Catademolocks). It happened quite often to me that I get at least 1 imp wave where I can store about 4M damage to unleash on the Doom Lord(that's 25% of his HP). Spinners are nice and all, but it's not like they're gonna tick a lot on imps, and they will be desynced more and more throughout the fight unless you can pre-place them for every single wave of imps. So if your guild has 2 warlocks for imps, go ham and Soul Kappa the Doom Lords to pieces!

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine was telling me to just make crit work like how crit works with mistweavers. As in, crit has a chance to give us extra TeB stacks. As for our mastery, they should just change it to how the class trinket currently works for WW, so it makes it more fun to get more casts. This should make it interesting in where our stat priorities go.

So I've been pouring over my logs, and I'm comparing my damage to the top parser for my ilvl bracket on Gorefiend. Does the legendary ring +damage count for ability damage (like in RSK or FoF), or is it only covered by the separate Maalus entry? I'd post the logs to show what I mean, but I'm not allowed to.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been pouring over my logs, and I'm comparing my damage to the top parser for my ilvl bracket on Gorefiend. Does the legendary ring +damage count for ability damage (like in RSK or FoF), or is it only covered by the separate Maalus entry? I'd post the logs to show what I mean, but I'm not allowed to.
    The % damage increase is included in each abilities damage during the buff. "Maalus" is the explosion.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Hi, i'm new here had a quick question about trinkets. I know it's probably been answered millions of times before but which trinkets should I prioritize getting ?

iirc I heard Calli say that SDI is #1 even if it's normal mode, also I know it probably differs from fight to fight but i'd like to know which trinkets are universally useful across the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutkek View Post
    Hi, i'm new here had a quick question about trinkets. I know it's probably been answered millions of times before but which trinkets should I prioritize getting ?

iirc I heard Calli say that SDI is #1 even if it's normal mode, also I know it probably differs from fight to fight but i'd like to know which trinkets are universally useful across the tier.
    SDI is the only universal one, but you also want to get Mirror, Soul Capacitor and Malicious censer as they all have uses on different fights.

After obtaining the 4 piece set bonus, is there a certain haste level you guys would recommend to reach before switching over to ChiEx or is it just better to swap over immediately after getting the set bonus for most of the fights that have adds? I sit at roughly 1100 haste and 2400 multistrike, I know my haste is pretty low which is what's prompting my question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    After obtaining the 4 piece set bonus, is there a certain haste level you guys would recommend to reach before switching over to ChiEx or is it just better to swap over immediately after getting the set bonus for most of the fights that have adds? I sit at roughly 1100 haste and 2400 multistrike, I know my haste is pretty low which is what's prompting my question.
    There is no magic level of haste that makes CX better, its the fight design that does that. If there are stacked targets then CX is better regardless of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    There is no magic level of haste that makes CX better, its the fight design that does that. If there are stacked targets then CX is better regardless of your gear.
    In case that wasn't clear enough, that means even before 2set or 4set.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I'm getting conflicting reports on how much Chi you should pool for ChiX. The guide recommends 4, simulationcraft recommends 3, Icy Veins also recommends 3, Elitist Jerks doesn't even mention ChiX, Sentry Totem has become a malware domain, I can't find a guide on Chi Burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm getting conflicting reports on how much Chi you should pool for ChiX. The guide recommends 4, simulationcraft recommends 3, Icy Veins also recommends 3, Elitist Jerks doesn't even mention ChiX, Sentry Totem has become a malware domain, I can't find a guide on Chi Burst.
    Ideally 6, because of the ChiEx combobreakers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Ideally 6, because of the ChiEx combobreakers.
    so: cast Jab to 6 Chi, then ChiEx. If combobreaker triggered do another ChiEx, if not first Jab, then another ChiEx?

Deleted
    Just don't waste procs/potential of getting procs (aka don't go to 0 chi, which you should never do with rsk/fof either way).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    Just don't waste procs/potential of getting procs (aka don't go to 0 chi, which you should never do with rsk/fof either way).
    And what procs are those? CB? TEB? other procs? Because I don't quite know how "don't go to 0 chi" will waste procs).