Deleted
    It feels like too much of a coincidence. I could probably dig up countless logs of back to back procs.

Here's 1 example from last night's raid, 1 second gap 3 times in a row between 4 soul caps:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...38&view=events

Really feels like 1 second gaps between procs happens too often, perhaps the bad luck protection is reset if it tries to proc with the buff already up.

Deleted
    So I started playing again after a long break from Windwalker, just browsing the last few pages it seems like people are playing Chi Explosion single target now and gearing Haste > Multi? And Chi Torpedo might be legit on single target? I stopped playing WW back on Gorefiend progression when the way to go was Multi > Haste so you could swap between Serenity and ChiEx easily without a huge loss but has Serenity completely lost its place for single target now then or what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiki View Post
    It feels like too much of a coincidence. I could probably dig up countless logs of back to back procs.

Here's 1 example from last night's raid, 1 second gap 3 times in a row between 4 soul caps:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...38&view=events

Really feels like 1 second gaps between procs happens too often, perhaps the bad luck protection is reset if it tries to proc with the buff already up.
    Nope, you're just lucky. It has an 11 second ICD, which prevents it from proccing again, and I'd assume it doesn't even attempt to proc during the ICD(and if it does it just gets told "No, fuck off, still on ICD" and the proc just disappears, it does not get "saved up")

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    So I started playing again after a long break from Windwalker, just browsing the last few pages it seems like people are playing Chi Explosion single target now and gearing Haste > Multi? And Chi Torpedo might be legit on single target? I stopped playing WW back on Gorefiend progression when the way to go was Multi > Haste so you could swap between Serenity and ChiEx easily without a huge loss but has Serenity completely lost its place for single target now then or what's going on?
    Serenity is still the go-to for singletarget(and people are even experimenting with it on multitarget with fast enough kill times), same as before(more so, depending on when you quit, because everything except ChiEx got buffed during the tier)
    You can run ChiEx for singletarget, it has a higher top end but lower average just based on RNG(unless you're Raitank in which case apparently you can make it work regardless), but that's more of a farm thing for when you just want to do "meh" DPS a bunch of times in the hopes of getting a super lucky pull that gets you a really high parse.
    For stats most people still go MS>haste.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    You're seeing the change in many of the top ranks because CX is more RNG based with a higher possible top end. On average it's still noticeably behind Serenity. It's part of the problem with looking at top ranks and assuming they're in the same situation with the same goals as everyone else.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch