Not only that, but you'd be at 0 chi with a combo breaker up, allready wasting 45% of a combo breaker, and your next jab means you're wasting another 24% of a combo breaker.

You're low on energy, is delaying rising sun kick's cooldown by 1 or 2 GCD's really worth 1.4 chi?
    Do the math quickly, you'll get your answer.

Deleted
    Huy guys,

few questions about cleave and ChiX

1/ ChiX on single target phases : Lets take the archi fight, i play with ChiX, when no adds are up how do i manage my Chi ? Should i only use chiX at 3 chi ? I should not use when i'm at 4 i guess ? it would be a waste

2/ Im pretty confused how to aoe in a 3-10 target situation, should the priority be : FoF, ChiX, Chi burst, theb spam SPK like a retard ? Is there a different priority for 3 target and 10 target ?

I'll appreciate some advice on this, chi/energy magement and those 3 buff to keep is pretty damn hard, but i enjoy this a lot !

7+ Year Old Account
    Regarding 1:
    With 4pc set bonus you should actually only ChiEx if you have a CB:ChiEx proc or another Jab would waste chi. For example if you play with Ascension, use ChiEx at 5 or 6 chi if you do not get a CB:ChiEx proc first. I'm not entirely sure if it's best practice, but even if I get a CB:ChiEx proc, I jab to at least 3 before I use the proc. I'd rather waste another proc than waste the opportunity to generate TeB (3+ chi effect from ChiEx).

Regarding 2:
    Not sure how many targets you need to make SCK worthwhile (if it ever becomes that), but I think it's a rather high number (7-8 or more). Before, rather Jab for more chi generation.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Huy guys,

few questions about cleave and ChiX

1/ ChiX on single target phases : Lets take the archi fight, i play with ChiX, when no adds are up how do i manage my Chi ? Should i only use chiX at 3 chi ? I should not use when i'm at 4 i guess ? it would be a waste

2/ Im pretty confused how to aoe in a 3-10 target situation, should the priority be : FoF, ChiX, Chi burst, theb spam SPK like a retard ? Is there a different priority for 3 target and 10 target ?

I'll appreciate some advice on this, chi/energy magement and those 3 buff to keep is pretty damn hard, but i enjoy this a lot !

Here's Bab's guide where it goes over ST Chi priority. It's a little over halfway down the page.

https://walkingthewinds.wordpress.co...dwalker-guide/

What Xiaojin is saying about Chi Ex is right but this shows the priority it takes in the rotation.

As far as 2 goes I'm pretty sure it is when stuff is going to die too quickly to use chi ex effectively. Ex. Hands on Kormrok after you use chi burst.
    Last edited by dhays; 2016-02-08 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Sepllnig and grammar

Why is Chi Torpedo preferable to RJW on mythic Manno?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiassi View Post
    Why is Chi Torpedo preferable to RJW on mythic Manno?
    Because you "need" burst AoE for imps, and Torpedo's burst is pretty disgusting. RJW doesn't really do anything on that fight on the other hand, because there's no sustained AoE(if your RJW can hit the infernals, chances are you're too close to them). If you have a ton of locks/warriors(even mages/ele shammies I guess), you can just go Xuen, but Torpedo is a safer bet because that way you can make sure the imps get absolutely destroyed even if one of the others dies or is out of range or something like that in the last phase.
    Obviously make sure to also pick Celerity(first talent row) and the Victory Roll glyph(replace either ToK or Zen Med, just in case you get a killing blow)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-02-09 at 10:00 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Because you "need" burst AoE for imps, and Torpedo's burst is pretty disgusting. RJW doesn't really do anything on that fight on the other hand, because there's no sustained AoE(if your RJW can hit the infernals, chances are you're too close to them). If you have a ton of locks/warriors(even mages/ele shammies I guess), you can just go Xuen, but Torpedo is a safer bet because that way you can make sure the imps get absolutely destroyed even if one of the others dies or is out of range or something like that in the last phase.
    Obviously make sure to also pick Celerity(first talent row) and the Victory Roll glyph(replace either ToK or Zen Med, just in case you get a killing blow)
    And one day, one super lucky WW will do Mannoroth in a group with literally 0 Infernal damage and he'll get rank 1 using RJW to cleave them down. And from that day onward, every new WW monk will try to do Mannoroth with RJW and look like a fool on the DPS meters

I recommend replacing the ToK glyph, Mannoroth's model is pretty generous with "melee range" and glyphed Zen Med is pretty handy for that one Empowered Shadowforce you need to survive to do the last few % of the boss HP(which is how it always goes on progress).

Super, thanks very much!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    And one day, one super lucky WW will do Mannoroth in a group with literally 0 Infernal damage and he'll get rank 1 using RJW to cleave them down. And from that day onward, every new WW monk will try to do Mannoroth with RJW and look like a fool on the DPS meters

I recommend replacing the ToK glyph, Mannoroth's model is pretty generous with "melee range" and glyphed Zen Med is pretty handy for that one Empowered Shadowforce you need to survive to do the last few % of the boss HP(which is how it always goes on progress).
    That would take so long that they'd start casting and you'd wipe. You can pretty well burst them down by yourself with CT and CBurst, but RJW will take too long.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    That would take so long that they'd start casting and you'd wipe. You can pretty well burst them down by yourself with CT and CBurst, but RJW will take too long.
    Pretty sure the Infernals on Mannoroth don't cast anything special other than their pulsing AoE(which is the main deterrent from just standing in them and AoEing them down for padlord ranks)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Are you sure? My guild never kills Infernals if they stay from phase one to phase two, because they just stand there and don't do anything, I always use them to gain some SEF dps cheez. They are harmless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats my bad, read Infernals, brain saw Imps.

Thats my bad, read Infernals, brain saw Imps.
    Well, for the imps you're right. Those do seem a bit risky to leave up for padding purposes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Where can I find an accurate up to date BIS list for WW?

Someone posted this about 6 pages back. While the items are still the same the stat weights aren't so just beware of that if you want to use those for any reason and it also doesn't have BoA trinkets which can be considered BiS for some fights.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...skJzk/pubhtml#

You can also use AskMrRobot to compare all items and they have the correct stat weights and view items with valor or sockets etc to compare them to normal versions.

Is chi brew serenity required or recommended for soul cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is chi brew serenity required or recommended for soul cap?
    Its recommended since its the best single target trinket we have so you'd want the single target spec. Soul Cap loses some usefulness with SEF usage, which you will likely be doing when using Chi Explosion.

Deleted
    Hi guys, this is my first post in MMO champion. I left wow like 7 months ago because I was leaving my hometown. My problem is this: I changed to monk now Im back again. Since Im back Ive noticed that now Rushing Jade Wind and Chi Torpedo are useful again. Can someone explain me when are recommendable and in what bosses? (take in account my rotation and mentality is 7 months old XD). Thank you for your patience and sorry for my english, Im spanish :P

Last question? Can somebody recommend me any good monk streamer in Twitch?
    Last edited by mmoc0a6e104cd5; 2016-02-12 at 12:19 AM.

I like to use RJW on Iskar and Xul, probably on Assault as well, depending on your guild's progress. Torpedo is very useful on mythic Mannoroth, as I learned here last week

Quote Originally Posted by israca View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post in MMO champion. I left wow like 7 months ago because I was leaving my hometown. My problem is this: I changed to monk now Im back again. Since Im back Ive noticed that now Rushing Jade Wind and Chi Torpedo are useful again. Can someone explain me when are recommendable and in what bosses? (take in account my rotation and mentality is 7 months old XD). Thank you for your patience and sorry for my english, Im spanish :P

Last question? Can somebody recommend me any good monk streamer in Twitch?
    RJW on Xhul(could use it on Iskar too), Torpedo on Assault, Mannoroth(could use it on Kilrogg if going down and Iskar).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU