Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Does anybody know if the recent buff to RSK & FOF by 10% was a tool tip change or a actual buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolzzy View Post
    Does anybody know if the recent buff to RSK & FOF by 10% was a tool tip change or a actual buff?
    Celery stated over twitter that it is an actual buff, but that it may not be in yet.

I saw Hina post about a Haste soft cap at about 20% and we should gem for pure agility afterward within the last couple days. Did this change or was it just a theoretical threshold for testing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xianzhu View Post
    I saw Hina post about a Haste soft cap at about 20% and we should gem for pure agility afterward within the last couple days. Did this change or was it just a theoretical threshold for testing?
    I think you may have misunderstood:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29990013

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood
    Lol, looks like I did. Still thought I'd bring it up though in case it'd been found. Oddly I only had to change 2 gems and enchant along with fiddling with Ascension for now. I was running AoC and Haromm's already.

I thought we were gemming +20 crit or +20 haste instead of agi.

i have some question abóut windwalkers in pvp:
    they have channeled stun i think its called blackout kick. sometimes this does like 3 k dmg, sometimes 40 k + (from combatlogs of arenas)
    is there any way to tell why /when this permastunning megadamaging ability hits for barely nothing or will kill u in like 5 seconds?

the other thing is touch of death: tooltip says "instantly kills the target". does like 200-300 k in arena, and i have no idea how to avoid / counter this? its like the strongest spell since classic pompyro mages, its instant, and i consider it absurdely overpowered.

Its like a execute that would oneshot people regardless of their hp. (well warriors had something similar in s5, when sudden death would critically hit for 12 k on like 9 k hp players, but this was patched like 2 weeks after)
    Nowadays, monks are live for way more then 2 weeks, and this things havent been adressed, and i never read anything about this in patchnotes.
    Will they stay as overpowered in mediocre rated 3vs3 arena settings (we are ranking between 1800 and 1950, and every single windwalker team kills us in like 3 minutes)
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-10-14 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Hinalover stated that AoC + Haromms would be BiS now
    Thanks
    /10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i have some question abóut windwalkers in pvp:
    they have channeled stun i think its called blackout kick. sometimes this does like 3 k dmg, sometimes 40 k + (from combatlogs of arenas)
    is there any way to tell why /when this permastunning megadamaging ability hits for barely nothing or will kill u in like 5 seconds?

the other thing is touch of death: tooltip says "instantly kills the target". does like 200-300 k in arena, and i have no idea how to avoid / counter this? its like the strongest spell since classic pompyro mages, its instant, and i consider it absurdely overpowered.

Its like a execute that would oneshot people regardless of their hp. (well warriors had something similar in s5, when sudden death would critically hit for 12 k on like 9 k hp players, but this was patched like 2 weeks after)
    Nowadays, monks are live for way more then 2 weeks, and this things havent been adressed, and i never read anything about this in patchnotes.
    Will they stay as overpowered in mediocre rated 3vs3 arena settings (we are ranking between 1800 and 1950, and every single windwalker team kills us in like 3 minutes)
    You're thinking of Fists of Fury. Blackout Kick isn't channeled. FoF used to snapshot, which is probably why it could oneshot you - or they are also using Tigereye Brew.

ToD works differently in arena; you can't even use it without hte pvp 4set. The big thing is staying above 10% health - just like you would try to counter a warrior's execute. So, yah, its an execute, once you're like 10% health I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    You're thinking of Fists of Fury. Blackout Kick isn't channeled. FoF used to snapshot, which is probably why it could oneshot you - or they are also using Tigereye Brew.

ToD works differently in arena; you can't even use it without hte pvp 4set. The big thing is staying above 10% health - just like you would try to counter a warrior's execute. So, yah, its an execute, once you're like 10% health I think.
    the 4pc is baked in now afaik

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I thought we were gemming +20 crit or +20 haste instead of agi.
    From the thread Shourken linked,

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I would say try to mix and match Crit/Haste gear until you have ~20% Haste, then go Crit/Mastery. As for Gems I would say if below 20%, a mix of Crit and Haste. Above 20%, full Crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    From the thread Shourken linked,
    Keep in mind that I was referring to with Assurance. If you don't have Assurance, aim for about 5% more haste (~25%). In raid environments, that would put you at ~30% haste. if you feel like you need more, you can add a bit more haste if you so wish.

nvm
    10char

- - - Updated - - -

What keeps removing my windwalk buff, doesnt come back till I respec.
    Last edited by Zenlogic; 2014-10-14 at 11:46 PM.

Anyone else having their move speed buff disappear?

After one full raid night on Live in Mythic SoO I've discovered a few things:

We have been dethroned as the "Kings of Cleave" for the moment. Warriors, Balance, Rogues, Mages... they all do it better.
    My single target wasn't too bad, then again, we had some rerolls in the guild that were undergeared to some extent.
    Fists of Fury without the movement glyph is ALMOST as bad as it was pre 6.0. Sure it's great when the boss/mobs aren't moved, but when they are, it's a facepalm moment.
    RSK is shit, even with the buff.
    Chi Burst feels like shit -- feels like it does worse than it did pre 6.0.
    Why does it feel like we are entirely balanced around our level 100 talents? WoD is still a month away. Yeah this seems whiny but it's going to feel like an eternity until Nov 13.

Anyone else feel any different about tonight or is "wait until 100" the order of the day?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a damage meter that actually TRACKS multistrikes?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLOOGE View Post
    Also, does anyone know where I can find a damage meter that actually TRACKS multistrikes?
    Brainfart. Realized multistrikes aren't being registered separately, but as part of the ability that caused the multistrike. So, for example, if a tick of FoF multistrikes, it would register in Skada as additional FoF damage -- not multistrike -- which is different than it reported pre 6.0.

======> The More You Know =======>

Quote Originally Posted by TheLOOGE View Post
    After one full raid night on Live in Mythic SoO I've discovered a few things:

We have been dethroned as the "Kings of Cleave" for the moment. Warriors, Balance, Rogues, Mages... they all do it better.
    My single target wasn't too bad, then again, we had some rerolls in the guild that were undergeared to some extent.
    Fists of Fury without the movement glyph is ALMOST as bad as it was pre 6.0. Sure it's great when the boss/mobs aren't moved, but when they are, it's a facepalm moment.
    RSK is shit, even with the buff.
    Chi Burst feels like shit -- feels like it does worse than it did pre 6.0.
    Why does it feel like we are entirely balanced around our level 100 talents? WoD is still a month away. Yeah this seems whiny but it's going to feel like an eternity until Nov 13.

Anyone else feel any different about tonight or is "wait until 100" the order of the day?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Brainfart. Realized multistrikes aren't being registered separately, but as part of the ability that caused the multistrike. So, for example, if a tick of FoF multistrikes, it would register in Skada as additional FoF damage -- not multistrike -- which is different than it reported pre 6.0.

======> The More You Know =======>
    Yeah, I'm feeling pretty down after raiding tonight. I'm sure come level 100 it will feel better but you said it best, WoD feels like a long way away if it stays like this.

Doing belts on siegecrafter felt weird

Am I crazy or did putting down the clone used to have a cast time and swapping with it was instant?
    Now putting it down is instant and swapping with it has a cast time

15+ Year Old Account
    A bis list would be so cool. Nice guide though!

Edit: This seems useful: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/windwal...t-best-in-slot
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-10-15 at 05:49 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    A bis list would be so cool. Nice guide though!

Edit: This seems useful: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/windwal...t-best-in-slot
    The list of gear per slot is convenient. All the other info on that page is downright incorrect. TED is no longer BiS (AoC is). Hellscream's Cleaver is most certainly not BiS.

How far apart is Ascension and Chi Brew now? Cause I just can't stand using chi Brew anymore. With the added energy cost to jab and, I guess the lower haste. My energy is not regening where I'm comfortable without Ascension.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.