Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    Hm, interesting. I always completely disregarded the TP damage. Will test tonight. There is the issue with the extra GCD but will check it out.
    To be fair, extra GCDs being used isn't really a problem atm, there's so many empty ones(especially with Chi Explosion)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's certainly make the spec more interesting.

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/5...206467?lang=en

Confirmed that Glyph of Blackout Kick was intentionally removed and it wasn't a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    That makes me happy. It doesn't matter much to me because I'm using ChiEx, but for a lot of other monks it matters a lot. I'm glad today they're revisiting glyphs.

Hi,

What are monks doing on the pull with lust? Are holding off on using Serenity until Bloodlust is over to make the most of the lust? Or are we just popping serenity as soon as we get get our initial TP,RSK,FoF combo out of the way?

With serenity, I do my opener: 4 chi expel, xuen, chi wave, tiger palm, Rising Sun Kick, Jab, Fists of Fury, then jab, then serenity and spamming blackout kick (using RSK and TP if need refreshed).

Whether that's optimal, /shrug.
    Last edited by Drknife; 2014-11-27 at 02:05 AM.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Hey fellow WW Monks!

The first raid is opening next week and I wanted to ask what stats prio and therefore which talents are you aiming for?
    Today my guild leader asked every raid member to send him a stats prio list so he can organize the loot better. My first gut feeling told me to go Single Target with Serenity/Ascen so I started to gear for that in Heroics/CMs.
    But after studying the seven bosses in Highmaul I am not so sure anymore (ST= SingleTarget, AOE=Cleave):

1. Kargath: Typically ST, but if I get into the adds group to clear the stage above, it becomes an AOE fight
    2. Butcher: Purely ST
    3. Tectus: AOE, especially in the phase where he splits into 4 bosses
    4. Brackenspore: AOE
    5. Twin Orgon: AOE more or less, there are tactics where you focus one (e.g. in the method video of that fight), but I think the amount of time the bosses are together is decent
    6. Kor'agh: ST, the adds don't live long enough I think
    7. Mar'gok: ST/AOE?, there are adds that you can cleave in the main phases, it depends if they live long enough

For reference Single Target would be for me: Multistrike>Versatility>=Crit>Haste>>>Mastery with Serenity/Ascension
    and AOE/Cleave: Haste>Multistrike>Versatility>=Crit>>>Mastery with ChiEx/Ascension

So I'm a bit at a loss right now. What are you aiming for for Highmaul?

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Fraky View Post
    Hey fellow WW Monks!

The first raid is opening next week and I wanted to ask what stats prio and therefore which talents are you aiming for?
    Today my guild leader asked every raid member to send him a stats prio list so he can organize the loot better. My first gut feeling told me to go Single Target with Serenity/Ascen so I started to gear for that in Heroics/CMs.
    But after studying the seven bosses in Highmaul I am not so sure anymore (ST= SingleTarget, AOE=Cleave):

1. Kargath: Typically ST, but if I get into the adds group to clear the stage above, it becomes an AOE fight
    2. Butcher: Purely ST
    3. Tectus: AOE, especially in the phase where he splits into 4 bosses
    4. Brackenspore: AOE
    5. Twin Orgon: AOE more or less, there are tactics where you focus one (e.g. in the method video of that fight), but I think the amount of time the bosses are together is decent
    6. Kor'agh: ST, the adds don't live long enough I think
    7. Mar'gok: ST/AOE?, there are adds that you can cleave in the main phases, it depends if they live long enough

For reference Single Target would be for me: Multistrike>Versatility>=Crit>Haste>>>Mastery with Serenity/Ascension
    and AOE/Cleave: Haste>Multistrike>Versatility>=Crit>>>Mastery with ChiEx/Ascension

So I'm a bit at a loss right now. What are you aiming for for Highmaul?

Thanks for reading
    Hina posted a hybrid stat prio that favored ChEx but should work fairly well for ST as well.

MS > Haste > Crit = VS >> Mastery

I pop EB during last and serenity later when bloodlust finishes. Not sure what is optimal but the early EB even during lust works for me. Note I have 2.5% haste as I've been very unlucky in gearing the way I want to gear which is haste = ms > crit (tauren) > versatility > mastery.

Hoping that raid loot distribution will be more favourable for my preference.

Some pvp stat preferences would be interesting to see for those pvp inclined.
    Last edited by Juliansfist; 2014-11-27 at 04:02 AM.

So did they neuter the pvp 2 piece yet. The whole 30 jab on roll seems too strong

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Turkey Day - Chi Explosion and Serenity are now in the guide.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe Holiday weekend. Or just a safe weekend if you are not one which partakes in Pilgrim's Bounty.

Also, by the way, all assumptions based off of things like stat priorities are based off of Rotund's spreadsheet and current gear levels (so, approximately 630). I assume that I will need to adjust them for Highmaul - initial testing showed that Versatility was actually stronger than Crit in full T17 Mythic, but at lower gear levels... well, 1% damage is 1% damage. We've discussed it a bit in PoS, and, hey, other than Mastery being the kid in the back of the classroom eating paste, all of our stats are more or less pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So did they neuter the pvp 2 piece yet. The whole 30 jab on roll seems too strong
    I used it on beta. Honestly, not really worth it. In concept it seems fantastic to have such a cheap Jab, but in practice, it was a huge headache with little to no gain.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2014-11-28 at 05:03 AM.

Versatility better than crit as ilvl increases huh? Wonder if the dwarf/tauren racial is enough to balance that out at higher ilvl. Kind of disappointing because versatility is kind of boring and the defensive bonus compounds it as a clear winner at higher ratings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Versatility better than crit as ilvl increases huh? Wonder if the dwarf/tauren racial is enough to balance that out at higher ilvl. Kind of disappointing because versatility is kind of boring and the defensive bonus compounds it as a clear winner at higher ratings.
    More like, crit will likely overtake versatility in usefulness as we approach Mythic (that's what I believe, anyway - I recall that early sims showed that Crit > Vers, or even equal to it at some item levels).

10+ Year Old Account
    There must be something wrong with simulationcraft for windwalker monks. I have the latest (november 26th) release and on the sample sequence table I see it using TEB on 7, 5 even 2 stacks of TEB. Either there's something wrong with the coding or something wrong with the priority, although it doesn't look to be priority problem.

I should also mention that I haven't touched the priority list. Just using the default.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    There must be something wrong with simulationcraft for windwalker monks. I have the latest (november 26th) release and on the sample sequence table I see it using TEB on 7, 5 even 2 stacks of TEB. Either there's something wrong with the coding or something wrong with the priority, although it doesn't look to be priority problem.

I should also mention that I haven't touched the priority list. Just using the default.
    The only time the APL mentions ever using TEB on less than 10 stacks is if the target's time to die is < 40 seconds (i.e. there are less than 40 seconds left in the fight). If it's in the last 40 seconds, that would be why, or perhaps that function became bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    This are the results on the priority action list. There definitely is a bug.
    F 9.72 tigereye_brew,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&buff.tigereye_brew.stack=20
    G 9.28 tigereye_brew,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&buff.tigereye_brew.stack>=10&buff.serenity.up
    H 8.88 tigereye_brew,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&buff.tigereye_brew.stack>=10&cooldown.fists_o f_fury.up&chi>=3&debuff.rising_sun_kick.up&buff.tiger_power.up
    I 8.38 tigereye_brew,if=talent.hurricane_strike.enabled&buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&buff.tigereye _brew.stack>=10&cooldown.hurricane_strike.up&chi>=3&debuff.rising_sun_kick.up&buff.tiger_p ower.up
    J 8.16 tigereye_brew,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&chi>=2&(buff.tigereye_brew.stack>=16|target.t ime_to_die<40)&debuff.rising_sun_kick.up&buff.tiger_power.up
    Totaltotemic on almost every line of tigereye brew in the prio list it needs 10 stacks or more of TEB.
    It even uses the "I" choice where it is required for me to have hurricane strike talent on while i'm using Serenity.
    Last edited by Mefistophelis; 2014-11-28 at 08:50 AM.

Anyone manage to figure out the priority list in our single target and AoE rotation with either Asc/Chiex or chi/brew ? and if Asc/chiex is better for raids ( longer fights ) then what is the priority list for a single target ?

Well that's weird, I'd try PMing Hinalover about it and see if he knows what's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've found the source of the problem. After hours of trying various stuff to fix the sim results I came to the conclusion that it's the "good player skill" messing stuff up.

This is what it looks like at good player skill:

This is what it looks like at elite player skills:

I've always used good player skill for my sims, as I don't consider myself a player that can do everything right, but this time the good skill messes things up so hard that it basically look like the above links.