10+ Year Old Account

Oh mighty MMO champ - Upgrade me! (or full build suggestion)

Motherboard- MSI a75ma-g55
    RAM- 8g Corsair Vengeance
    PSU-650w Corsair Bronze
    GPU-Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 TI
    CPU-AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Sound Card: Asus Sonar DSX
    HDD- 1tb WD
    Case: CM Haf X Full tower

Use: Gaming

Country: United States(east coast, see location under avatar)

Parts to reuse: That is up to you guys. If you think my parts are better suited for the trash bin than that is on you. I *deep inhale* trust..all..of.you..and..your..wisdom. But I do have an optical drive and sound card that will be reused.

Res: 1920:1080 is fine for the time being until I feel like getting a better monitor. But then i'll have to buy 2 or 3 because it urks me to have different monitors...gah such a money pit.

If a full build is recommended will I need OS: Yes

Do I OC: As I haven't taken the time YET to fully learn how to do this properly I feel it's best that I just not attempt it until I am personally ready.

Budget: Meh, it's pretty open. If you guys recommend a full build I would probably have a 700-1k budget. But that all depends on what I feel is best for me.

Periphs? Should be pretty well set on them for now. Unless something cool comes out

What I am looking for: So I have been getting more and more back into PC gaming and finally realizing that it's probably the best platform for me. Of course I do play WoW the most and log the most time in that game but I do player others, mostly RPGs and casual games but I also have been playing more CS:GO lately. I am not looking for some "future proof" system. Just a system that runs well and runs most games on high-ultra settings. I have been actually really interested in MINI ITX towers but feel free to talk me out of them if you are recommending a full system upgrade.

EDIT- Parts of my Haf X are actually broken. It's perfectly usable and nothing noticeable but it does have some busted up parts and tbh I think it just has way too much going on inside the case for my taste. I don't mind the size of a full tower at all for cooling purposes but if you are going to recommend a full tower case I would really prefer a basic case without frills.

This build has been completed for a year in December. I have had most of these parts for about 3 years though but never got around to putting the rig together until last holiday season. I feel like it's pretty out of date and clunky.
    Nothing is wrong with my computer atm, the rear audio ports bit the dust so I bought a sound card but other than that it works fine.

If you need any more information feel free to ask!

Edit: Made it easier to read and organized the Q/A a bit.
    Last edited by Sunnydruid; 2014-10-15 at 08:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Try these changes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Deepcool LUCIFER 81.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $834.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-14 03:00 EDT-0400

Dependent on which Corsair PSU you currently have, I'd also consider changing that (if it's a Builder or CX PSU).

Deleted
    Micro build, new micro case, including o/s and psu depending on model as tenangry above said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($126.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($364.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1161.17
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-14 07:17 EDT-0400

Deleted
    Kos, I honestly have no clue why you've suggested an mATX build, when the HAF X is still a decent enough case. That's a part of the reason why I wasn't so bothered about getting a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I have been actually really interested in MINI ITX towers but feel free to talk me out of them if you are recommending a full system upgrade.
    mATX based of the OP's suggestions.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I look into ITX towers the more I think that it wouldn't be ideal and could potentially bring too much trouble for what it is. I did an edit in as to what case I would be looking for if you guys suggest a full build rather than upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Sunny, if you're looking at a full build and not ATX, then I'd push for Kos' build. Otherwise, mine's perfectly viable, dependent on the particular model of Corsair PSU.

Deleted
    Yes the reason why i went with a micro build was that you wanted something smaller than a full tower again. Mini limits you in either motheboard slots or cases being small and not have the best airflow for overclocks etc. Micro builds don't have that problem, you can sli/xfire if you want, or have that audio card. The case i included in the build is not that small compared to other micro cases. Consider it as something a little smaller than a midi case, has 0 air flow problems, has even the ability for multiple water radiators if you want to go there.

Again its a choice you have to make, i've been there went from haf myselt to a micro build