Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Which just begs the question: "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????"
    Because you might pull extra mobs when you're soloing with the old splitting ice cleave range! (for real. that's the real reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Because you might pull extra mobs when you're soloing with the old splitting ice cleave range! (for real. that's the real reason.)
    ................. So they nerf a small range for a spell that doesn't even break CC, but let Frozen Orb and Barrage run amok and pull everything? Are they on fucking crack?

There's a reason this is a fucking glyph and not forced into the spell(s) itself.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

With PC is it better to use Frost Bomb or IN i haven't seen too much of a difference at 629 ILVL

IN for single target.

Soo opening would be Frostbolt, Icy Veins, Mirror Image, Frozen Orb, Ice Nova.. on PC and what would you do on a very mobile fight switch PC to TV?

Opener is:

Pre-cast FB + welly bolt (start at the same time) -> pop all CDs -> MI -> FO -> PC -> IL if FoF up -> IN if no FoF up or PC will die before all IN used -> PC ends -> FBx2 / WJ -> 2x FoF / dump BFs.

On very mobile fights I do switch to TV, yes. But I've found just learning the fights and beating my tank over the head with a stick when she moves is a perfectly fine solution to using PC on 99% of the fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post
    Switch out Water Elemental with Splitting Ice; which adds a nice cleave mechanic to your Ice Lance. Not sure if Cone of Cold is worth the glyph spot anymore since I would think pumping out as many Frozen Orbs as quickly as possible would be the priority for AoE

Outside of that glyph of Icy Veins is a large dps increase for our gear level so keep that. Glyph of Rapid Displacement is good for those "Oh Shit" moments which occur a lot in Heroics so that's a perfectly fine choice as well.

The only other thing I would change would be the lvl 100 talent. I know Prismatic Crystal is clunky and that CmS is a really cool spell but with a bit of practice Crystal will skyrocket above any of your other spells. It sucks I know but if you're really concerned about damage this will help a lot
    Cheers for that dude.

Also, i know PC could skyrocket me in damage compared with CmS. I was running with PC beforehand but i just don't really enjoy it as a skill. It's clunky, which i can deal with but i just find it boring : P I'm hoping CmS gets a bit of a boost once we get some fine tuning after raids are released. Failing that i'd be more likely to swap to TV than i would PC.

Deleted
    Opener is:

Pre-cast FB + welly bolt (start at the same time) -> pop all CDs -> MI -> FO -> PC -> IL if FoF up -> IN if no FoF up or PC will die before all IN used -> PC ends -> FBx2 / WJ -> 2x FoF / dump BFs.

On very mobile fights I do switch to TV, yes. But I've found just learning the fights and beating my tank over the head with a stick when she moves is a perfectly fine solution to using PC on 99% of the fights.
    Is it fine to use opener like this when you have MI and TV: CDs-->FB and WJ, FB, IL, FB, ILx2, FfB, orb, IL, FB and use IL when it procs and try keep Icy-veins up duration of MI?
    Last edited by mmoc6d45658549; 2014-11-25 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quite saddened by the last heroic I did today...pure single target boss with some movement (Zaela): I'm ilvl 636 and my warlock guildie was 621. She outdpsed me by 1-2k as destro. On trash aoe I'm miles away with Shatter-INs. But that's about it. Oh and yeah an offspec Windwalker monk was on par of my ST dps just by using ToD.

/sadpanda
    Last edited by mmoce632701f1b; 2014-11-26 at 05:06 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, plague gone. I'll be rewriting for WoD proper before Highmaul.

Is frost bomb still only best to cast when you have 2 fof in the bank?

I've been attempting to keep it up 100% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    Is frost bomb still only best to cast when you have 2 fof in the bank?

I've been attempting to keep it up 100% of the time
    Frost Bomb still does literally no damage by itself, so no there is still never any reason to cast it unless you are going to fire an ice lance at it.
    Don't cast it in the hope, cast it in the knowledge. If you hope to get a proc then don't, you've wasted a GCD.
    You can precast it before Frozen Orb or Water Jet if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Frost Bomb still does literally no damage by itself, so no there is still never any reason to cast it unless you are going to fire an ice lance at it.
    Don't cast it in the hope, cast it in the knowledge. If you hope to get a proc then don't, you've wasted a GCD.
    You can precast it before Frozen Orb or Water Jet if you like.
    thanks, good to know.

I just assumed its something I wanted at 100% uptime. Kinda annoying that im not, because I rather have to lol

Opener is:

After this i seem to have an awkward moment with Orb should i wait to use orb with PC or just cast anything when it comes off of cooldown

Holding FO for PC is a DPS gain.

Deleted
    Opener is:

There is one thing I don't get: Why not use MI before popping the other cooldowns? Not saying it should be used prepull. But using MI before popping IV seems kinda logical to me, considering the images will profit for the full duration of IV anyway? Of course, when using TV you could argue that you can get the images 100%-IV-uptime, but at least without TV?

For me, the opener seems more logical if I go: Pre-cast FB -> MI -> IV -> FO -> PC -> IN and IL into the crystal. With TV, I still feel that getting more GCDs of your own casts into the duration of IV feels more natural, but I keep underestimating the power of MI so that might just be me.

Deleted
    Anyone else going to try running MI/TV tomorrow night? I'm seeing only a 500~ or so DPS loss doing that over RoP/PC with a 642 ilvl and I figure it'd be a lot less painful to learn content with that build.

Deleted
    I'm gonna run MI/TV for ST bosses and Fire with LB/Meteor for the rest. MI/TV just sounds like such a safe way to play during progression.

Probably still be using IN/MI/PC for near every fight, dunno. Got a lot of sims I want to run tonight that will shape how I end up playing as progression continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Anyone else going to try running MI/TV tomorrow night? I'm seeing only a 500~ or so DPS loss doing that over RoP/PC with a 642 ilvl and I figure it'd be a lot less painful to learn content with that build.
    I feel this is dependant on my tanks. Ill be taking MI/PC personally. I have done a cm every day with each of my tanks (1 with each, 2 total a day) and they seem to understand that i need these windows where they can't move the boss. If they keep moving the boss on multiple attempts i will change to TV but really shouldn't have to. Not running rune however tomorrow. Perhaps if bosses take a while to kill and i understand my role well enough i may swap into it