Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    For Red Sockets you can use the Precise Gem. It gives 20 Haste. Ide say 31% Haste is a little low.

Seems most are shooting for around 35-38% Haste unbuffed then going Mastery.
    Oh damn I forgot about that, thanks!
    Last edited by Pnash; 2014-10-22 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Why would you gem full haste? 10 int / 10 haste would be better.
    Because primary stats are halved on gems and have been for the entire expansion http://www.wowhead.com/item=76668/re...vermilion-onyx

As for what's been working for me personally I've been sitting around the haste GCD cap and crit soft cap then stacking mastery (I want to say I'm around 70% somewhere buffed but I'd have to log in to check).

Quote Originally Posted by dotfear View Post
    Trying to figure out how everyone here has so much more haste. I was previously playing arcane so my gear probably isn't optimized for frost.
    Mostly just ~10ilvls and a better amplification trinket...gear choice obviously plays into it a bit too.

To raise a question though has anyone tried running the frost 4P this patch to see if it is doing more/less relative damage than pre-patch (aka would it be worth wearing in spite of WF off-pieces now?)
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2014-10-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Because primary stats are halved on gems and have been for the entire expansion http://www.wowhead.com/item=76668/re...vermilion-onyx

To raise a question though has anyone tried running the frost 4P this patch to see if it is doing more/less relative damage than pre-patch (aka would it be worth wearing in spite of WF off-pieces now?)
    Well, I feel silly now!

So talents for 75 and 90....mainly just which one for 75 since the buffs to FB and IN

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of them are incredibly balanced with one another. You can choose either one to suite your play style and it will work out just fine. Pure numbers wise, I believe UM is consistently the highest dps talent for most scenarios but don't quote me on that and it really doesn't matter anyway.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MrRum View Post
    Are these stat weights drastically different for a lower ilvl? My new mage is only 527, but simcraft is giving me this:

Int: 4.92
    Mastery: 3.95
    Haste: 3.38
    Crit: 2.90

I'm not anywhere near the shatter cap to my knowledge. O.o
    Just wanted to quote this again as I know you all are way more knowledgeable on the subject than I am. @_@

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...allin/advanced

Armory link above. Gems are all over the place because I started gemming based on prior weights and then just got these new ones above yesterday. Gah!

Just go sim yourself for current stat weights. They are a function of gear, not always the same for everyone. If they don't perfectly match what you see here, it's fine.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-10-22 at 07:57 PM.

Hi guys. Want to ask your advise! Kuni plz check my armory and tell me: can i maximaze more my dps from gear and how? i got 31,35% crit, 42,40% haste and 53,30% mastery. Shall i get more mastery? And can i break 4 piece t16?

- - - Updated - - -

My nick name is Моринган-БорейскаяТундра!

Doing some recent dummies test, I'm curious how people are prioritzing procs. To me the most logical way is to dump BF as quickly as possible, but in a relatively specific situation if you go in with 2 BF and 2 FoF, it would be most useful to drop both BF back to back, then the IL correct? Would be giving the brain freeze 2set buff to our harder hitting FFB while freeing us up to get another process faster where FoF seems easier to come by. New back to frost from fire for all of SoO so just getting myself straight. Am iI missing anything obvious here that would change how we handle those procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyddus View Post
    Doing some recent dummies test, I'm curious how people are prioritzing procs. To me the most logical way is to dump BF as quickly as possible, but in a relatively specific situation if you go in with 2 BF and 2 FoF, it would be most useful to drop both BF back to back, then the IL correct? Would be giving the brain freeze 2set buff to our harder hitting FFB while freeing us up to get another process faster where FoF seems easier to come by. New back to frost from fire for all of SoO so just getting myself straight. Am iI missing anything obvious here that would change how we handle those procs?
    Was just wondering this aswell bumperino

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyddus View Post
    Use the BF proc to proc fingers of frost or else you can get unlucky and waste a proc for nothing.

Example: If you have 2x FoF procs, 2x BF procs, Get rid of 1x FoF proc before using a BF proc to maybe proc another FoF proc.

If target is about to die and you wont get more then 2 globals out use BF as it does more damage overall.

This is my way of doing it atleast.

Well I've been playing around with the alternate roto now from Altered-time and with how short our fights are iv been much less inclined to drop FoF procs. Using the back to back BF not only will give a stronger use of the pprocess, but you will generate an icicle, where with the FoF you will not. So per GCD spent, the BF is goingg to be worth it. Over a longer fight I guess I could see that because it could add up to more FoF, but if You DONT get a proc in that one GCD, you lost damage.

Deleted
    So what talents and glyphs will people be using for leveling and dungeoning?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    So what talents and glyphs will people be using for leveling and dungeoning?
    Nova myself. Probably Comet Storm since my tanks don't like to stand still for dungeons. IF due to trash being the bulk of time you're in there.

I also will probably have a delay on updating the guide to L100. I caught the con plague and feel like garbage.

Since Frost loves multistrike so much and there is no multistrike on any of the SoO gear, is it best to replace SoO gear in favor of warlords leveling quest gear with MS? I have some doubt seeing as most my gear is Mythic Warforged, but I'm not 100%.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Int's still king, and I personally don't want to calculate if various pieces are worth upgrading or not. Leveling's really easy, it's not going to hold you back either way.

Figured as much, thanks for the clarification Kuni.

Deleted
    In terms of raiding itself in WoD, is Frost going to still be the top spec? I have the feeling that, as always, Fire is going to suck until we can get above a threshold of crit in which point it will demand a nerf, and arcane is going to get a tier bonus so broken it's going to be #1 again, but don't know about Frost.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    In terms of raiding itself in WoD, is Frost going to still be the top spec? I have the feeling that, as always, Fire is going to suck until we can get above a threshold of crit in which point it will demand a nerf, and arcane is going to get a tier bonus so broken it's going to be #1 again, but don't know about Frost.
    According to current Patchwerk style sims, Frost is the highest dps spec for Mages. However take that with a grain of salt since maybe 1 or 2 fights in Highmaul and Blackrock will even resemble this style of fights. I'm gonna guess that Frost will be the highest with early gear up until tier sets where all the specs start to even out. a bit
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

On most of the new fights (tectus and kargath jump to mind) we are going to have to be mobile and now that scorch hits a little softer than a fluffy pillow, frost has IMO the best mobility again. The instants, paired with ice floes makes moving much less of a DPS loss. On a side note, leveling with ice nova was a blast. The burst damage is solo satisfying.