Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    Quick question:

Right now I have the Felflame Bracers: 630 ilvl. 94 Intellect, 49 Haste, 71 Multistrike with Socket so add 35 multistrike for a total of 106 Multistrike.

Last night In raid I received the Crystal-Woven Bracers: Ilvl 670, 136 intellect, 91 haste, 91 versatility, no socket.

Is the Intellect/secondary stat gain worth giving up 106 multistrike on the 630 bracers?
    Late reply but I'd like to elaborate on this a little.
    40 ilvls is a huge jump and probably would be enough for any class to make the switch, no matter the slot, no matter the secondaries.

Anyway, frost has it pretty good, in that even our worst secondaries are pretty decent. Multistrike is definitely strongest by a mile (has a stat weight of .62 for me, assuming Int is 1), but even our worst secondary has a weight of .40-.45. My hunter friend simmed his character and his worst secondary had a weight of .22, which is just awful.

Because of this, you usually go with the piece of gear with 10+ ilvl, despite the stats. The mythic crit/versatlity belt off of Brackenspore was a ~120 dps increase over the heroic mastery/multistrike belt from trash. Pretty small, but still an increase.

Hey guys, had a quick question about the opener. I'm hoping for some feedback if there's anywhere that needs improvement.

At 3 seconds left on the countdown I pre-pot, cast mirror images/use shards of nothing, and follow it up with a frostbolt/water jet/frostbolt combo to get my FoF procs. I burn my FoF procs and then follow it up with orb, place my crystal, and cast icy veins/berserking. I burn procs on the crystal, including my ice nova stacks. My two areas of concern are when I cast berserking and what I should be casting on the crystal if I don't have any procs. Should I cast berserking while I'm rifling through my procs, or wait until the well runs dry so it's benefiting my frostbolts more? Also, if I still have time left on my crystal and don't have any procs should I cast frostbolts or just spam ice lance? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Atlasgrudge; 2015-01-21 at 11:30 AM.

Well, you shouldn't be water jetting on the pull... You'll munch procs that way.

Significant haste is still going to effect the GCD, so its not a bad thing if you use berserking on the pull.
    PC Priority - FoF IL -> IN -> BF FFB -> Frost Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Well, you shouldn't be water jetting on the pull... You'll munch procs that way.

Significant haste is still going to effect the GCD, so its not a bad thing if you use berserking on the pull.
    PC Priority - FoF IL -> IN -> BF FFB -> Frost Bolt.
    Thanks for the feedback on PC priorities,much appreciated. I don't see how I'm munching procs though if I burn them before casting orb,unless there's something I'm missing.

Why would you be using 3 seconds of your trinkets/prepots less efficiently by using procs before you drop down PC?

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Why would you be using 3 seconds of your trinkets/prepots less efficiently by using procs before you drop down PC?
    Exactly this. By water jetting at pull, you are wasting important damage increases in order to generate procs that will be made anyway
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Deleted
    How does the opener change if you're the one providing time warp? Do I go prepot (precast frostbolt) TimeWarp IV MI crystal followed up by orb and frostbolt?

And another question, is it ever viable to cast lance without proc to get icicles going?

Doesn't change if you're using TW (it's off the GCD you can hit it whenever and will generally change slightly fight to fight if you need to move them on the pull for example)...no never fire an ice lance without FoF to detonate iceicles, they auto-fire if you cap there is no loss to going over max.

Deleted
    Last night I did The Butcher HC on my mage and something very weird happened into the logs.

As you can see from here and here the logs completely ignore my Water Elemental damage (and yes it was up and using his abilities).

I compared with the in-game data on Skada and indeed Warcraft Logs ignored my pet damage.

Is it a random bug that the people logging had? Or whatever else? I exclude Skada being broken because I remember clearly using Water Jet and my pet casting Waterbolt at the boss. So yeah it is very annoying but what I would really like to know if it's just a once in a blue moon thing or there's an actual bug in Warcraft Logs.

Cheers.
    Last edited by mmoce632701f1b; 2015-01-23 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Missing Ele Post
    Happens when the person starts logging after your water ele is already cast. Because the summon itself is not in the log (and we have no abilities which target our pet that could show up in the log) it's impossible for it to parse who that elemental belongs to (you'll notice your ele is reported in your overall raid damage tab it's just not tied to you).

Just make sure you summon your pet once logging has started if you're worried about it.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2015-01-23 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    I see thanks for the info Zulandia. I got summoned in just for The Butcher, and I was on the taxi when I accepted the summon so that must have messed up the logs, which were already running.
    Last edited by mmoce632701f1b; 2015-01-23 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see thanks for the info Zulandia. I got summoned in just for The Butcher, and I was on the taxi when I accepted the summon so that must have messed up the logs, which were already running.
    It sounds like they aren't your logs, but if they were and you see that happen, you could always go to a log where you summoned your ele and copy the line where you cast your summon. Put that line at the start of the log that didn't count it, re-upload to WCL, and then the logs would count your water elemental damage.

Deleted
    They aren't indeed. Normally 4 people log during our raids, when they are not on a break. And great tip, will forward it to our guild loggers! Thanks

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively, re-summon the elemental at some point while they're logging. If it's a continual log, it'll retroactively assign it to you on the next update.

Deleted
    Last night I did The Butcher HC on my mage and something very weird happened into the logs.

As you can see from here and here the logs completely ignore my Water Elemental damage (and yes it was up and using his abilities).

I compared with the in-game data on Skada and indeed Warcraft Logs ignored my pet damage.

Is it a random bug that the people logging had? Or whatever else? I exclude Skada being broken because I remember clearly using Water Jet and my pet casting Waterbolt at the boss. So yeah it is very annoying but what I would really like to know if it's just a once in a blue moon thing or there's an actual bug in Warcraft Logs.

Cheers.
    I also reported this to warcraftlogs. Check his reply.

https://twitter.com/smaiki_mage/stat...73483898888192

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am wondering why my sims are showing haste above MS. It just seems wrong.

Won't let me post a pic, but stat weights are below.

int: 5.77
    sp: 5.15
    haste: 3.58
    multistrike: 3.24
    crit: 2.62
    ver: 2.39
    mastery: 2.30

Probably some haste breakpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzytwo View Post
    I am wondering why my sims are showing haste above MS. It just seems wrong.

Won't let me post a pic, but stat weights are below.

int: 5.77
    sp: 5.15
    haste: 3.58
    multistrike: 3.24
    crit: 2.62
    ver: 2.39
    mastery: 2.30
    Remember haste was buffed 10% recently

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey922 View Post
    Remember haste was buffed 10% recently
    I realize that but haste scaling better than MS just seems off to me.