Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faay View Post
    I don`t want to give up on frostmage that easily, just because they made some changes. Everything is balanced for lvl 100 i guess so we will have to see. It would be great to find a way to make frost work for the coming 4 weeks though, so please share your thoughts
    Greetings Xavea
    Honestly the meters are pretty unimportant right now, unless you are doing last month progression, since they will be irrelevant in the coming month. If you want to play frost in WoD stick with it for now and get a feel for the spec and how you want to play it.

It's not like Frost dps is absolutely horrible, more of Fire and Arcane just outperforming. Plus Frost has better control than both other specs which helps with extra adds on some fights. Just play the spec you want to play and we'll see how things turn out in WoD. Remember, Blizzard is still in process of tuning classes so what is broken now might not be in a few weeks.
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Does anybody knows if a Frostbolt/Frostfire Bolt that procs Unstable Magic increases the Icicle damage for that spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post
    Honestly the meters are pretty unimportant right now, unless you are doing last month progression, since they will be irrelevant in the coming month. If you want to play frost in WoD stick with it for now and get a feel for the spec and how you want to play it.

It's not like Frost dps is absolutely horrible, more of Fire and Arcane just outperforming. Plus Frost has better control than both other specs which helps with extra adds on some fights. Just play the spec you want to play and we'll see how things turn out in WoD. Remember, Blizzard is still in process of tuning classes so what is broken now might not be in a few weeks.
    This is essentially my take on the spec at the moment. Progression (for my guild at least) is over for now, so why rewrite everything and spend the gold regemming everything to find the perfect build. At lvl 100 I'll go back to seeing what works best and what spec I think will suit me the best, but for now, it's just not worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Barriluno View Post
    Does anybody knows if a Frostbolt/Frostfire Bolt that procs Unstable Magic increases the Icicle damage for that spell?

Icicle damage is a percentage of the original spell, the percentage is determined by the amount of mastery you have. So for example if your mastery is 50%, and you cast a FoF IL that with UM does 10,000 damage, it creates an IL of 5000 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Icicle damage is a percentage of the original spell, the percentage is determined by the amount of mastery you have. So for example if your mastery is 50%, and you cast a FoF IL that with UM does 10,000 damage, it creates an IL of 5000 damage.
    There are quite a few things wrong with your reply that I'm not sure what exactly to say is "incorrect" about it.

1. UM only procs off of Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt, not Ice Lance.
    2. FoF or not has nothing to do with UM. UM also cannot crit, but always does 50% of the parent spell, so a crit spell will automatically proc a larger UM.
    3. UM does not create IL, which stands for Ice Lances.
    4. UM also does not create Icicles. 1 icicle is created regardless of whether UM procs.
    5. Icicles are created from Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolts. This means the mastery applies only to the Frostbolt/Frostfire Bolt's damage, and has nothing to do with UM.

Example:
    Komma has 40% mastery.
    Komma casts a Frostbolt that hits for 2000 damage. UM procs for 50% * 2000 = 1000 damage. An icicle containing 40% * 2000 = 800 damage is created.
    Komma casts a Frostbolt that crits for 4000 damage. UM procs again for 50% * 4000 = 2000 damage. An icicle containing 40% * 4000 = 1600 damage is created.
    Komma casts a Brain Freeze Frostfire Bolt that crits for 5000 damage. UM does not proc. An icicle containing 40% * 5000 = 2000 damage is created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    There are quite a few things wrong with your reply that I'm not sure what exactly to say is "incorrect" about it.

1. UM only procs off of Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt, not Ice Lance.
    2. FoF or not has nothing to do with UM. UM also cannot crit, but always does 50% of the parent spell, so a crit spell will automatically proc a larger UM.
    3. UM does not create IL, which stands for Ice Lances.
    4. UM also does not create Icicles. 1 icicle is created regardless of whether UM procs.
    5. Icicles are created from Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolts. This means the mastery applies only to the Frostbolt/Frostfire Bolt's damage, and has nothing to do with UM.

Example:
    Komma has 40% mastery.
    Komma casts a Frostbolt that hits for 2000 damage. UM procs for 50% * 2000 = 1000 damage. An icicle containing 40% * 2000 = 800 damage is created.
    Komma casts a Frostbolt that crits for 4000 damage. UM procs again for 50% * 4000 = 2000 damage. An icicle containing 40% * 4000 = 1600 damage is created.
    Komma casts a Brain Freeze Frostfire Bolt that crits for 5000 damage. UM does not proc. An icicle containing 40% * 5000 = 2000 damage is created.
    And now Fluffy Pillow is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty significant buffs to our overall damage today, especially our single target. Plus all the talents are within a super close margin excluding Incanter's Flow with Frost bomb or Ice Nova

I AM READY TO FROST.

Btw, when will the new simC come out with the new change? (85% increase FFB etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo Pikachu View Post
    I AM READY TO FROST.

Btw, when will the new simC come out with the new change? (85% increase FFB etc)

Credits to Komma/n from Altered Time

can mirror image's frostbolt gain unstable magic?

did simcraft also have the bug where brain freeze would sometimes not be consumed?
    Last edited by Milocow; 2014-10-18 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Momo Pikachu View Post
    Internal build: Already done
    Official release: Very soon. Hopefully the hotfix works exactly as we expect it to.

Credits to Komma/n from Altered Time
    "Komma" was taken here before I registered. =/

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    can mirror image's frostbolt gain unstable magic?

did simcraft also have the bug where brain freeze would sometimes not be consumed?
    No and no.
    Last edited by Komman; 2014-10-18 at 04:51 AM.

I know I asked questions bout haste before, but is 50% haste buffed 70% mastery worth it? Or would dropping 2% haste to 48% and making my mastery jump too 74% better? Orr even further 47% haste and it makes my mastery jump to 76%. Like, does anyone know what % haste buffed it starts effecting your DPS? As in, whats the lowest someone would go.

With 47% haste, 76% mastery, my crit is at 30%. <---all fully buffed btw.
    Last edited by Song; 2014-10-18 at 05:09 AM.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internal build: Already done
    Official release: Very soon. Hopefully the hotfix works exactly as we expect it to.
    How accurate do you think the lvl 100 sim are? Those number seem way too crazy

How accurate do you think the lvl 100 sim are? Those number seem way too crazy
    As accurate as we've been able to make them. If you spot the simulations doing anything weird, I encourage you to bring it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As accurate as we've been able to make them. If you spot the simulations doing anything weird, I encourage you to bring it up.
    I'm not well versed enough to start touching sims yet. I'm only concerned about how much damage Frost is doing according to the sims compared to literally all other classes.

Probably going back Frost with the changes (like frost better anyway).

I'm curious as to which level 75 talent you'd want to use on the various cleave fights in the instance. Protectors, start of Shaman, padding Paragons, etc.

Deleted
    Hi there !

I'm little confused about the stats priorities:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Multistrike > Intellect > Mastery >= Crit >= Haste
    Since intellect is better than every other stat, why nobody gems for it ?

point for point intellect is better. 5 int is better than 5 mastery/crit/haste, however the secondary stats of haste/crit/mastery are doubled on gems. ie 10 haste to 5 intellect, or 20 haste to 10 intellect.

Are frost mages still just going for two piece? Or should we equip 4 piece now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resshin View Post
    Are frost mages still just going for two piece? Or should we equip 4 piece now?
    Always use 4-piece unless you have the Warforged versions of Fuse Spark Gloves, Dou-Dou Chong shoulders, and the Ebon Ritual Helm