Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtrippz View Post
    so , a quick question , what do you guys think is better for BRF Hc single target , Frost or Arcane ? because this question srsly blast my mind with the new changes
    Really? Its Arcane and its not even close.

"Fixed an issue where images summoned by Spectral Guise (Priest Talent) or Mirror Image (Mage) would incorrectly retain threat when resummoned"

why do they bother hotfixing stuff like this when the same patch that causes the issue makes mirror images absolutely useless for every single spec anyway

found it quite depressing seeing just how much weaker frost feels without the frontloaded damage from that talent

will the improved ice comet be better then prismatic crystal in CMs know?

Quote Originally Posted by Esmi View Post
    will the improved ice comet be better then prismatic crystal in CMs know?
    I would run bomb+PC or bomb + TV for pretty much every CM now (especially with nova not being an interrupt anymore). PC just synergizes so much better with frozen orb/frost bomb in AoE scenarios than comet does.

It may be worth running a PC offspec for boss damage but without being able to respec with fox/floes anymore I don't know if I would advocate that even.

*Note I'm hardly realm best material in them but I sold carries extensively in the MoP ones and we're close to being able to sell WoD ones again to the biggest carries (the stand at the door and wait kind) so I like to think I at least have a passable idea of what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2015-02-28 at 07:18 AM.

I guessed that - yea the nerv to icy nova is punishing
    what do you mean by:
    It may be worth running a PC offspec for boss damage
    ? Do you mean CS or TV?

My problem with PC is the short duration - I cast PC, then frozen orb, apply frost bomb on PC - start lancing - and the PC is gone ....and let the tank kite the trash a little bit - than its complete wasted - but yes - theoretical it's nice

If we are talking CMs right know - still going with MI? And which stats will be best? Multi/crit oder multi/haste?

Deleted
    A short question about Kromog. Looks like Splitting Ice Cleave between Prismatic Crystal and Kromog doesn't work. I set my crystal as close to the boss as I was able to, but I haven't seen a single Ice Lance flying to Crystal and the boss. Is Kromog too far away from the edge to allow cleaving Ice Lances?
    Would Cometstorm be a better choice then?

Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    A short question about Kromog. Looks like Splitting Ice Cleave between Prismatic Crystal and Kromog doesn't work. I set my crystal as close to the boss as I was able to, but I haven't seen a single Ice Lance flying to Crystal and the boss. Is Kromog too far away from the edge to allow cleaving Ice Lances?
    Would Cometstorm be a better choice then?
    If splitting ice is unable to cleave off of PC and onto your target of interest, CmS is without a doubt a stronger option.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmi View Post
    I guessed that - yea the nerv to icy nova is punishing
    what do you mean by: ? Do you mean CS or TV?

My problem with PC is the short duration - I cast PC, then frozen orb, apply frost bomb on PC - start lancing - and the PC is gone ....and let the tank kite the trash a little bit - than its complete wasted - but yes - theoretical it's nice

If we are talking CMs right know - still going with MI? And which stats will be best? Multi/crit oder multi/haste?
    You should be casting Fbomb on the boss (unless you're talking trash mobs, then yeah on PC), not PC. Also, you should be casting FO before PC. Fbomb on boss -> FO -> PC -> Spam IL on PC. Or if doing trash FO -> PC -> Fbomb on PC -> IL spam. The cleaved ice lances due to splitting ice can activate the Fbomb explosion on the boss.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    A short question about Kromog.
    Comet Storm doesn't hit Kromog either. Use TV for him. Getting 1-2 comets per cast as they round the front of him is pointless.

Hi Kuni, I was reading ur icy-vein.com guide and guide here. Since I am very new to mage, is it necessary to keep track on whether the enemy frozon or not?
    I was looking for a weakauras for that, but couldn't find any. so just realized that it might not even be necessary to be tracked.. =/

Thank you for all the helps you have provided!

Hello, i want to ask something. Im new at wow also playing mage i love it. I choose frozen bomb 75 talent. For single target should i up that when i get ice lance charge?

Nice to see you're still posting guides Kuni. I remember when we worked on your first one/site together

I feel like I am doing terrible dps as a frost mage. How terrible is 19k on Gruul at 550 Item Level? Also I only have a 636 mainhand with crappy shattered hand enchant. How much dps would frostwolf enchant add? I was saving the money to add the enchant on a better weapon. Also I've mainly been going with the passives on my lvl 75, 90, and 100 talents while I learn the class. Is that killing my dps or are the passives decent. The guide seems to say the passives are very close to the other abilities.
    Last edited by Dyfar; 2015-03-15 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I was just about to ask something similar, Lemonop. ;D

In most guides it says to cast FBomb only with 2 FoF charges (or when WJ / FO gets off cd).
    Now, why is that so?
    Because realistically, once the FB that procs the 2nd FoF charge lands, I'll already cast another one, therefore potentially munching a FoF charge, as I won't just fire the 2nd one off like I would w/o FBomb.

FBomb and FB do pretty much the same damage ST while Fbomb is a faster cast.
    So the only difference between using the bomb early with one charge is that FB can proc Brainfreeze,
    basically "trading" a potential FoF proc for a potential BF proc?

In a thread at Altered Time, someone simmed either method and they appeared to be virtually the same in dps.
    But there hasn't really been a conclusion I could find anywhere.
    1 or 2 is fine. People saying 2 only is just an artifact of non-optimized WJ use in the sim and people not bothering to keep up to date on the latest theory for the spec after we improved it.

Deleted
    No idea if it belongs here or if I should post it separately. (if so, mods, please move this one)

I see on most lists the staff of gruul listed as best in slot where weapons are concerned, but askmrrobot, as far as i can tell, is showing the sword of Kromog + Offhand of Thogar as being better.
    Even getting only one of those over my current Flamebender dagger - oregorger OH combination shows as an upgrade.

I am a bit confused.

My first bet, when I saw the BRF items list was these two as well, since the combination has both more multistrike and haste over the staff.
    What thing am I overlooking, that would make the staff better?

Anyone doing hc and mythic brf still play frost?

Why is always the specs you enjoy not as good?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Anyone doing hc and mythic brf still play frost?

Why is always the specs you enjoy not as good?
    I do (currently 6/10 HC) , and I am quite frustrated atm.
    especially since i do not know what to do anymore.
    I am an above average player, not the best either ofc, and my raid awareness is good enough.
    I cannot hit a dent in a pack of butter atm, and since the ilvl hotfix yesterday, it is even worse, since about everyone scales better.
    Some of it is of course my own fault (I do not play mage for very long still), but when I look at all the logs, and see my spec at the bottom of the lists in nearly all brackets, and for all ilvls on basically every boss in BRF, I know 100% sure that not all of my performance is due to my own incompetence.
    Prior to 6.1 I was holding my strength reasonably, and in HM, I did not have problems either.
    But ever since they nerfed mirror image, I am going downhill in the list.
    If it is due to our spec, or if the other specs are buffed more with the changes, I cannot point out.

What frost needs, i.m.o. is
    1. A buff to frostbolt damage for improved ST, or a reduction in cast time (which would improve overall capabilities too, so no idea if that is desired)
    2. A buff on Blizzard damage, for more AoE.
    3. For 6.2 some better itemization and set bonusses that are more in line with the rest.

Thats a real shame.

Since there is almost no multistrike gear, what do you aim for?

What's a good build and strat for the gearing process? Dungeons, lfr etc.