Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I don't write the guides, so I dunno . I think there are two up there though? Which one are you referring to.

Small point though - AT doesn't "say" anything. The website takes no official stance on things, just provides a platform for us to discuss.
    Well the topic was "Frost 6.2 guide" so I assume its meant to provide the most accurate info, so I was just wondering since one of these two have to be wrong(Math wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    Well the topic was "Frost 6.2 guide" so I assume its meant to provide the most accurate info, so I was just wondering since one of these two have to be wrong(Math wise).
    AT hosts forums for guide writers to contribute. We promote guides that are well received by the community, but don't write any of our own. If you feel like they are lacking in any respect, feel free to point them out in the forums - or even write your own, if you think you can do a better job!

As for whether one or the other has inaccurate info - not sure. There's a lot of things still up in the air right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    AT hosts forums for guide writers to contribute. We promote guides that are well received by the community, but don't write any of our own. If you feel like they are lacking in any respect, feel free to point them out in the forums - or even write your own, if you think you can do a better job!

As for whether one or the other has inaccurate info - not sure. There's a lot of things still up in the air right now.
    It wasnt meant as anything offensive, I think they are both very well done! I just wondered if there was any specific reason that they we not matching so to speak =).

Im sorry if it sounded like I could do better! :<

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mine on both sites should be identical unless I screwed something up. At the time of writing I pulled SimC's logic, which has since been updated and I need to do so as well, but it should be close enough for results.

I haven't looked through the other guide on AT yet.

Hey friends I was looking around and could not find a answer to this question anywhere;

Is there a point when your MS is so high that you do not want to glyph icy viens? Currently in mostly 695 tanan purples my MS is slightly above 41% after raid buff and food. However, I also picked up the micro crucible and when it procs during icy viens I am well over 100%, which I assume is all wasted.

Edit: also why is veins spelled without the "I" before the "E". I hate english :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mangcho View Post
    Does anyone know an easy way to make your water elemental attack all the time? I cant seem to get my damn pet to attack. I made a macro that makes the pet use water jet whenever im casting frostbolt(if its off CD), but my pet seems to always be on passive mode... and he is not on passive at all.
    I'm fairly sure its better to just manually start water jet as a frostbolt is about to finish casting.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    I'm fairly sure its better to just manually start water jet as a frostbolt is about to finish casting.

It greatly depends on your distance to the boss. If you're super close, you can be around halfway-or-earlier to finishing a Frostbolt cast before you hammer on WJ. If you're super far from the boss, it's better to almost start casting the second Frostbolt (Gorefiend is a prime example because his hitbox is MILES away from the edges of his body; you need to have one already flying). To be fair though, this info is assuming you don't have 4P yet, like me.

And now, for info I'd like answered :

Alright so I just snagged H Unblinking from the Weekly Event cache, and now I'm in a weird spot. I have Heroic Prophecy of Fear, Heroic Unblinking Gaze of Sethe, and Normal Tome of Shifting Words (Archie trinket). I don't even have 2P yet (I'm on low priority for the guild I run with), but at least I'll have my ring tomorrow (31/33 /flex).

With all that info, would H UGoS be better than N ToSW since I don't get as many FoFs? Would that change once I acquire my 4P? Or are the trinkets strictly on a per-fight basis, with UGoS being better for AoE past 2 targets?

Edit: Asked someone in my guild; they're claiming UGoS over PoF now... So... now I'm really lost, lol.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-08-03 at 03:51 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    PoF is really lame as Frost. It sounds good on paper and its godlike for arcane due to AM but as frost esp. without 2/4pc u often time come down to throw out 5 FBs while MoD is up which is not really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    PoF is really lame as Frost. It sounds good on paper and its godlike for arcane due to AM but as frost esp. without 2/4pc u often time come down to throw out 5 FBs while MoD is up which is not really good.
    Yeah, seethe is better for frost then PoF. Have tested both on Archi, and seethe comes out in front most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Yeah, seethe is better for frost then PoF. Have tested both on Archi, and seethe comes out in front most times.
    I'm just not a huge fan of having to line up stuff if it's a bit spread or too horizontal. The hitbox on the laser is practically old Light of Dawn (rectangle), and just barely extends past the target (at the Mage Tower, if you hit one of the end dummies, it hits the middle one but NOT the other end, if you're lined up parallel with them). The laser's distance also shortens based on your distance to the target (shorter distance to target = shorter laser range), and not a fan of it being practically invisible (people claim it's there, I just haven't seen it yet).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm just not a huge fan of having to line up stuff if it's a bit spread or too horizontal. The hitbox on the laser is practically old Light of Dawn (rectangle), and just barely extends past the target (at the Mage Tower, if you hit one of the end dummies, it hits the middle one but NOT the other end, if you're lined up parallel with them). The laser's distance also shortens based on your distance to the target (shorter distance to target = shorter laser range), and not a fan of it being practically invisible (people claim it's there, I just haven't seen it yet).
    Why did you ask and then whine about an answer? (beside the fact you are you...)
    btt: If u dont like Gaze then dont use it. The difference is there but its not the biggest difference. If u dont like PoF or Tome then u will be fine using Piston+Shadowmooninsignia. Its just u ask for best trinkets and that are the numberwise best trinkets. Playing should at least have to do something with fun so if u dont like it dont use it.

Well there are certain fights where you can do well with PoF and holding back Comet Storms for Mark of Doom...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabrian View Post
    Well there are certain fights where you can do well with PoF and holding back Comet Storms for Mark of Doom...
    Holding back CS for PoF is a bad idea. Its just ro much rng and in the end u loose to much dmg.

Deleted
    I find the OP a bit elitist to be honest, in a bad way. In several cases he proclaims a choice is "best" but he does not prove it. A minority of theoretical cases something is best does not make a choice best in whole.

That's the whole point of the post-5.0 design. To not have many explicit bests.

MMO Champ has a tendency to talk in absolutes but that by definition oversimplfies.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I find the OP a bit elitist to be honest, in a bad way. In several cases he proclaims a choice is "best" but he does not prove it. A minority of theoretical cases something is best does not make a choice best in whole.

MMO Champ has a tendency to talk in absolutes but that by definition oversimplfies.
    The intent of the 5.0 design has nothing to do with the reality of it.

I find the OP a bit elitist to be honest, in a bad way.

Aww diddums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Aww diddums.

I supported my opinion. So spare me the sarcasm. If you only want to hear praises, then well, I just confirmed I was right about the initial assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    The intent of the 5.0 design has nothing to do with the reality of it.

Not for all choices, not on all bosses..

Then prove him wrong and force him to correct it instead of being vague?

i also find it vague on reasons for many things, and i could go through the guide pointing out all the different things that can be improoved, but i realy dont have the time to waste on that, so i'm making my own one, not to make one better than the OP one, but to make one covering the Frost Mage from a different light. so to speek.

if anyone's interested it's at:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    WARNING: it's not finished yet.

if anyone's interested it's at: *i can't even post quoted links, gg*
    WARNING: it's not finished yet.
    Took the liberty of changing a few grammar mistakes. However, I Don't want to invade your work too much so i'm going to stop here. If you want me to contine, please do tell and I will.

(like myself, i'm guessing English isn't ur maiden language , but that's ok)
    Last edited by Pandule; 2015-09-03 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Ironically - typos