Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Basically a freshly leveled mage, she's 685 now, but it's random stuff, no real raid gear. We're doing normal and heroic HFC. Raiding as Frost or Arcane depending on fight.

Deleted
    Chest/Legs/Head brings the most statvalues.
    Inscription trinket is good for fire.
    Alchemystone good for frost/arcane.
    Weapon depends: Ofc a weapon is nearly allways superior, but u can get a 705er weapon in mythicdungeons. So you should try to get your hands on trinket/chest/legs.
    But it all depends on your gear. If u have 685 in every slot except your girdle which is 630 you should upgrade this.
    Remeber u can reroll the crafted gear as often as you want (and have mats ofc) so try to aim for the best stats.

I'm working on a ring at the minute as the Loathful isn't too great for frost, and seeing as it drops from Velhari I won't be seeing the mythic version for a good while.
    It's either MS/Crit or MS/Haste I can't remember. Now need to wait for the trader to come back again so I can get the recipe from 685 > 715

I tend to look for off pieces that will last the longest amount of time before being replaced as opposed to the stat heavy items. Nothing worse than making and spending considerable mats on a crafted piece to get a drop that is at least as good as it soon after.

Please help my terrible dps! I have read many threads on arcane mage game play. I have noticed that other mages out burst me, and out sustain me.
    I pop ac after a fourstack and super nova then ablast once i dip under 93% mana i then use am. I have read i should burn to 70/50/30%, and i have read i should glyph arcane power, please help! I am tired of being last in dps!

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Sixnin%C3%AB/advanced

Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/7fTcvVtLpX1BH4y3

Figured out how to get around new poster restrictions, sorry for the dup

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i linked the wrong fight through my phone. My DPS was bad so i started getting assigned jobs like mine popper on that fight ><.><

I guess this would be a better fight to look at:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/7fTcvVtLpX1BH4y3#type=summary&source=20&fight=17 -> council
    or
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/7fTcvVtLpX1BH4y3#type=summary&source=20&fight=12 -> reaver

I appreciate all comment and criticism i just want to improve.

Deleted
    Hello !

We are a guild raiding 3day/7, we'r not aiming to have the best players, but still i think our 2 mages are doing something wrong in their cycle. I don't know at all how mage is supposed to be play, so could u help me ? Thanks in advance

Some logs :
    - warcraftlogs.com/reports/BNPv6gGkWrJ1Rjfm#fight=6&view=rankings
    - warcraftlogs.com/reports/BNPv6gGkWrJ1Rjfm#view=rankings (Aikyos was going in the portal)

Deleted
    The same as usual: (we should write a 1x1 of how to play arcane wrong)
    Aikyos:
    Casts.
    CDs:
    3 out of 4 PCs
    1 out of 2 APs
    1 out of 4 Evos
    No proper alignment of CDs.
    Mana.
    With not using Evo in mind a terrible Conserve/Burnrotation.

Zeen:
    Casts.
    1 out of 4 Evos
    1 out of 2 APs
    13 out of roughly 20 Arcane Orbs (besides the fact that he shouldn't use Orb at singletargetfights like reaver. If he dont come clear with PC he should go OP for singletarget)
    Mana
    At least his conserve seems to better for the most part of the fight. Only at 3:15 he is dipping a little low.
    But he never comes into a Burn. His only use ov Evo (together with his arcane Torrent) is 9 seconds after pull in the middle of the opening.

I dont know if they read a guide or are doing it by feeling but they both do things wrong.

MMO-Guide
    Altered-Time-Guide1
    Altered-Time-Guide2
    There are some minor differences and also with 6.2 not everything is clear regarding Tiersets and trinkets but here are again the basics fail. And they are very clearly covered within the guides.
    Give them to reread and then they can come back and ask again.
    Zeen should focus on opener and Burn, while Aikyos should focus on the whole guide.
    If they get it better they can come back and ask deeper questions if they like.

Hello, I have found my dps on most of my archimonde attempts to be quite low. I did far more dps during BRF and I dont think the mastery nerf would make my dps so low. I am hoping I am just missing something stupid during these attempts and I can improve my DPS. I know there was a pull or two where I messed up mana management and i had a small burn phase to get my cds back in line. Thanks for any help.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... kki/simple

Logs:
    Sunday:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cm78pYxWaHqGdtNk

Monday
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zGvxH1rh4CwBtJPd

I can't ever win!

So I have improved vastly since last expac but I CANNOT ever beat this other mage in our guild. I read logs and he does more dps than me almost every time and I cannot tell why. When I look at the mana graphs I manage my mana way better but it does not seem to help. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong in general, and/or why this other mage (SLT) is always beating me (Zephiniah) I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

P.S. Our gear level is the same although he does have the trinket off of Mannoroth so I think we would sim a little better than me but I have not run them recenetly.

Fel Lord Zakuun seems to be a good fight to review.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/XGKxja9FpWqrh8Af

My armory (Zephiniah): us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Zephiniah/simple

His armory (SLT): us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Slt/simple

Deleted
    Hi all,

So i took a break for most of WoD because of been too busy at work. Came back about a month ago and hte old guild no longer had a raiding mage so i thought i would gear up and jump in.

At first i was doing way less damage than most but i put this down mainly to bad gear and getting back into the swing of raiding.
    Problem is i started to get a bit bored of Frost so i've tried out Arcane -granted only one night but i have played arcane before quite a lot.

Wondering if anyone can take a look and see if i'm just doing something really stupid that's gimping my damage massively?
    -There will be some mistakes in there cause i did mess up a bit :P

Thanks for any help!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=19

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingstar/simple

- oh, ignore the missing gem socket in legs, got them late last night, it'll be a mastery gem in there later.

Also, here are some logs for last week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pjcawp7WgLN2byKf#
    this was when i was still Frost, seems i did better but still overall pretty naff.
    Wondering if with either spec and i just plain old doing stuff horribly wrong? : (
    Last edited by mmocad410c4aa6; 2015-07-09 at 08:48 AM.

On Reaver: You should use IF. RoP uptime will be bad in the air phase. Your uptime was 64% even with 15 casts.
    I've never done great with PC on Reaver either other than the opener. I tend to use OP personally
    First burn lasted too long. You should've stopped weaving up AM once you were sub 70% mana.
    Only 1 of your burns has AP/PC lined up. They should line up every other burn. IE. 1st AP/PC, 2nd PC, 3rd AP/PC etc
    No pots used. If you pre pot and use one on your next AP that's 50s of +1000int
    Your racial should line up perfectly with your AP as they have the same CD.
    You should have as many casts of PC as Evo. You should have 4 casts of PC, you have 2 and 4 casts of Evo to end every burn phase, but you only have 1.

Council:
    Missed your pre pot
    Only 2 casts of PC and should be 4
    Only 1 cast of Evo and should be 4
    Only 1 cast of AP and should be 2 as should your racial with every AP
    RoP uptime is good but then it should be as the fight requires little movement
    0 casts of Ice Floes so either healers hate you for not moving out of stuff or you stood in the perfect spot

Looks like you need a good bit of practice on your burn conserve rotations and learning to keep an eye on your CD's so you don't miss burns completely.

Deleted
    Thanks Zelendria that's pretty helpful.

So really just need to sort out using PC properly and properly figuring out the burn phase and keeping a better eye on my cds.

Yes. With good coordination you will be burning every 90 seconds or thereabouts

Read this guide by Dutchmagoz if you haven't already it'll really help
    http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1455

Hi

I think my dps is alright but I cant shake the feeling that I should be doing better, so any input is appreciated. Using Zaakun as a nice single target fight to figure out things.

armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aoeina/simple

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bqG84KACTrvytQ3W/

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    The GM's wife in the guild is having a really hard time with her dps. She wants to do better but doesnt seem to be able to quite figure it all out. Im an officer and tried to help a small amount by have very little experience play a mage. She broke down in tears she was so frustrated. I know she would be super grateful if someone could look at her armory/logs and really give here some ideas and some help either tips or thing she could be doing right.

Her character name is Psyche on Area 52 you can armory her and her logs are in warcraftlogs.

I would link to them but for some asinine reason mmo-champ wont let me.

Deleted
    Logs
    Armory
    Analyse following...

Looking at: Hellfire Council 29.7. (played as Arcane)
    Mana!
    Lets see: Burn followed by a burn, followed by a burn followed by a burn. I've seen people doing only conserve but this is new.
    First a guide. Its simple: She should learn Conserve and Burn and learn to use them. There is a spell called "Arcane Barrage". She find it in her spellbook. She should use it. If this is done she can come back with another log to look deeper.

Looking at: Socrethar same evening (played frost)

Casts vs. Buffs
    43 FoF vs 52 Icelances (9 wasted ILs)
    20 BF vs 20 FFB (perfect)
    12 RoP-casts vs 90% uptime (uptime on the lower end; to many casts; maybe try Incanters)

CDs: (looking at Castlog)
    Frostbomb: It seems she want a 100% uptime with Frostbomb. (log). She should only cast FB if:
    2 Stacks of FoF or
    FO or WJ are coming of CD and
    she knows the mob will live long enough.
    Fightlength 7:58:
    CS: 12 casts,3 missed
    IV: 3 casts, 0 missed
    FO: 6 casts, 2 missed
    IF: 0 casts,.... (dont skill it if u dont use it)
    Pots: 2, 0 missed, but second pot should align with BL (except the RL wants it at another time)

My advice: Stay at frost. Regem/reenchant MS and try to play frost better. Overlook the UI for better CD-overview. Learn IF (or atleast take something other at T15). Practice FB or take FN.
    Try to maximise RoP or take IF.
    If she gets more comfort with frost then she can reread an arcaneguide and try it again. Go to puppet and practice conserve. Then u can weave in a burn.
    Last edited by mmoce8ebae9270; 2015-07-29 at 09:08 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much! if theres anyway I could get your battletag in case she has any questions that would be awesome. You could send it in a PM if you are nervous posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Analyse following...

Looking at: Hellfire Council 29.7. (played as Arcane)
    Mana!
    Lets see: Burn followed by a burn, followed by a burn followed by a burn. I've seen people doing only conserve but this is new.
    First a guide. Its simple: She should learn Conserve and Burn and learn to use them. There is a spell called "Arcane Barrage". She find it in her spellbook. She should use it. If this is done she can come back with another log to look deeper.

Looking at: Socrethar same evening (played frost)

Casts vs. Buffs
    43 FoF vs 52 Icelances (9 wasted ILs)
    20 BF vs 20 FFB (perfect)
    12 RoP-casts vs 90% uptime (uptime on the lower end; to many casts; maybe try Incanters)

CDs: (looking at Castlog)
    Frostbomb: It seems she want a 100% uptime with Frostbomb. (log). She should only cast FB if:
    2 Stacks of FoF or
    FO or WJ are coming of CD and
    she knows the mob will live long enough.
    Fightlength 7:58:
    CS: 12 casts,3 missed
    IV: 3 casts, 0 missed
    FO: 6 casts, 2 missed
    IF: 0 casts,.... (dont skill it if u dont use it)
    Pots: 2, 0 missed, but second pot should align with BL (except the RL wants it at another time)

My advice: Stay at frost. Regem/reenchant MS and try to play frost better. Overlook the UI for better CD-overview. Learn IF (or atleast take something other at T15). Practice FB or take FN.
    Try to maximise RoP or take IF.
    If she gets more comfort with frost then she can reread an arcaneguide and try it again. Go to puppet and practice conserve. Then u can weave in a burn.

Any other thoughts would be amazingly helpful as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelsmash View Post
    Thank you so much! if theres anyway I could get your battletag in case she has any questions that would be awesome. You could send it in a PM if you are nervous posting.
    Tomathan#2222

hello my guild took me on a hfc heroic run and my dps seems to be low can I have some help? I have some questions about our burn too what should we do if we reach 50% mana early and we still have arcane power up and don't have any arcane missiles do we end our burn phase early?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/JnC1B93VzgvrZWxp#fight=4
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Onionpanzer/simple

Hey guys, i've been mostly playing frost this raid tier and normally, i've been able to pull some pretty good numbers, however, I found that once I got my 4 tier and the trinket, shatter lancing seems to have brought my dps down some. I don't know if i'm doing something grossly wrong, but i've gone from being pretty high up on the meters to middle of the pack even though I have 4 piece and trinket. Even the other mage who has their legendary ring but no trinket or 4 piece is beating me by quite a large margin and it's a bit frustrating.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kartiru/simple

logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KrvwfPtDm2BzMkjy#fight=34&type=damage-done&source=147
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KrvwfPtDm2BzMkjy#fight=41&type=summary&source=147

Yes onion just end it early until you get the archimonde trinket.
    One of your rings is enchanted with haste but you don't have the 2pc. As your burn phase ends hold on to arcane missiles, don't dump them all when you're about to evocate unless you have 3 charges.
    Try to save presence of mind so you can squeeze in one last arcane blast on your crystal before it expires.
    You are sometimes missing out on supernovas, for example during iron reaver you only got one supernova off between your first and second crystal where you could have had 2. Don't let supernova cap at 2 but make sure you can fit in 2 charges each crystal. There are some exceptions like Kormrok, where you want to make sure you have two charges for each set of hands.
    When using missiles on PC make sure they will actually land before crystal expires.
    Last edited by Xariste; 2015-07-30 at 08:08 PM.