Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Lock Green Fire Quest

Can anyone do this quest for me? I'm going to go on a killing spree soon I think....

Signature done by Eis

Deleted
    You should be able to complete it on your own since it is a 1-man scenario

10+ Year Old Account
    I can help you out if you like. pm me and Ill give you my btag. I did it 2 weeks ago.

Follow this guide on youtube step by step and you will get it. after watching this I got it with less then 10 attempts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeelick View Post
    Can anyone do this quest for me? I'm going to go on a killing spree soon I think....
    I did the quest on my warlock back when it was just introduced using 483 PvP gear, then I did it again with my wife's warlock ilvl 500 TI gear; I'm also helping other warlocks do it. I can help you with it too, additional info via my skype (wraith.hellspwn).

However, we live in completely different timezones, so communicating might prove difficult.
    Last edited by Slashkill; 2014-08-29 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much share in your frustration, OP. Been trying the past couple nights on my warlock alt and can't even get past the first Doom Lord -- and that's at best.

Read up strats, changed talents and glyphs, grabbed flasks and potions... Nope. Just can't do much when half the time the client tells you that "you can't do that yet" for gateway and demonic circle even when they're not on CD. Nor when the imps immediately start casting instead of moving up first (unlike what the video below shows @ 5:50), so they take too long to die unless I can get the Pit Lord to stop attacking Kanrethad and move closer so his flame will reach them...

I am seriously wondering if something is bugged about the encounter, because I really want to get the FoS title.

P.S. I really dislike that I have to switch the Pit Lord from defensive to assist when he is first summoned at the start of every attempt. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Alayea; 2014-09-24 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Thought I'd make the video more prominent.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Literally finished this quest less than an hour ago, definitely still doable! (In fact, I used the exact strat you linked there Alayea) Something that really helped me was to keybind anything I'd use for the fight. So everything involving the pitlord, any abilities I pulled out almost exclusively for this fight. I went so far as to redo my second spec for just this fight. Removed all skills that I wouldn't use in the fight so all I had to focus on was what I needed there without screwing up my main spec.

Good luck!

I lucked out and have a husband that had already done it on his warlock alt. My warlock alt was significantly better geared (around 545 ilevel, although no legendary gem/meta/cloak) by the time I got around to doing the quest chain. I did all but that final boss in the scenario for him, and he was able to down it after only three attempts.

I will say that I remember him mastering the fight strat......He spent quite a bit of time swearing and wiping over a period of weeks, but he eventually got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished half an hour ago, finally! I discovered at least one mistake on my part, and that was the range of Demonic Circle. So to help me keep track of the range limit, I walked to the edge of it, took one step back for safe margin, and placed a world marker. (I feel utterly stupid for not realizing this earlier.)

I also did some more moving around of buttons and moved a couple off the action bars entirely (as Always Z suggested), and that helped a bit. Also did some more keybindings which helped some more.

In the end it was really close. Like, really close even after having to use Soulstone earlier. I don't feel so much of an accomplishment as relief now that I don't need to worry about getting the title. Good luck to everyone making a last-ditch attempt to finish this before WoD!
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

It becomes almost trivial with decent gear. At a certain gear point, you can completely negate incoming chaos bolt damage with the shielding provided by soul leech and your twilight ward. Then it's just a matter of controlling the demon / bursting down the felhunters.

If it's too difficult now, try aquire some gear and try again a bit later.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Did it at roughly 538, mind you as with just the rotation on keybinds and rest of abilities like cd's and defensives on clicking. It's just getting the boss rotation down, then it's easy. Yes Twilight Ward is good, but personallly felt it was too weak. So Sacrificial Pact + Twilight Ward at the same time is almost necessary, almost no HP decrease. And Grimoire of Sacrifice is a must ofc, so negates any low damage especially the higher HP you have.

BUT, THE BIG BUT, the most important thing to getting the encounter down is how you position yourself. Like getting yourself in breath do cleanse dots and what not. Clumping all the imps. Sending the pit lord away from fel hunters before they arrive.

I never used portal nor gate, and had pretty much aggro on everything all the time. Almost constantly ember capped from just after first imp pack and throughout the fight, more busy managing the pit lord and positioning myself. Finished it about 10-15sec after 2nd doom lord.
    Last edited by KrakinTauren; 2014-09-04 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I utterly hate this quest with such a passion. Wiped little over 20 times, watching the videos on how to and everything.
    The farthest I get is the Felhunters if I don't somehow accidentally eat a Chaos Bolt.

For something that is cosmetic in effect, there really is no reason for this stupid difficulty. There just isn't. Trying to find
    someone, ANYONE, who can do this for me. I'm so sick of wiping on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I utterly hate this quest with such a passion. Wiped little over 20 times, watching the videos on how to and everything.
    The farthest I get is the Felhunters if I don't somehow accidentally eat a Chaos Bolt.

For something that is cosmetic in effect, there really is no reason for this stupid difficulty. There just isn't. Trying to find
    someone, ANYONE, who can do this for me. I'm so sick of wiping on this.
    Get better gear, overpower it by just doing tons of damage. I did it on my ~555 warlock with cloak+meta without any issues(except the first try where I fucked up and got myself killed because I'm bad at controlling pets). At this point in the expansion, with the gear that's EASILY available, I just can't grasp how people still struggle with green fire and the Wrathion challenges.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

555? Hardly something easily obtainable, if warlock isn't your raiding character.

Anyway, what helped for me, was using more macros, than I should admit in polite company.

You can see a macros/tips thread I wrote for my guildie on it over there: http://yingyangeagles.enjin.com/foru...green-fire-guy

Hope that helps those still on it, good luck!

Edit: not sure if my thread mentions it, so just in cae: go Destruction for it, if you didn't yet, it really helps.
    (only one dot to maintain, good burst for adds, etc.)
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2014-09-04 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    555? Hardly something easily obtainable, if warlock isn't your raiding character.

Anyway, what helped for me, was using more macros, than I should admit in polite company.

You can see a macros/tips thread I wrote for my guildie on it over there: http://yingyangeagles.enjin.com/foru...green-fire-guy

Hope that helps those still on it, good luck!

Edit: not sure if my thread mentions it, so just in cae: go Destruction for it, if you didn't yet, it really helps.
    (only one dot to maintain, good burst for adds, etc.)
    Do flex and you can easily get 550+, and flex really doesn't take a lot of time/effort. Hell, you can get 567 from just doing LFR, the legendary quest, world bosses and a little bit of PvP. "Raiding" charactes should quite easily be 570+ by now, with all the warforged stuff and 4/4 upgrades.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-09-04 at 08:28 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a gear req on this quest? my lock is going to hit 90 soon would like to do it before wod. like would i be able to do it in greens like the rogue legendary quest back in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    is there a gear req on this quest? my lock is going to hit 90 soon would like to do it before wod. like would i be able to do it in greens like the rogue legendary quest back in cata.
    Nope, people have done it in like 470 gear, but better gear makes the fight significantly easier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Do flex and you can easily get 550+, and flex really doesn't take a lot of time/effort. Hell, you can get 567 from just doing LFR, the legendary quest, world bosses and a little bit of PvP. "Raiding" charactes should quite easily be 570+ by now, with all the warforged stuff and 4/4 upgrades.
    I guess that depends on what you count as raiding. Flex still needs an organised group, set time, and so on.

I did it with about 525 item level, and no legendary cloak (Crafted 553s/JP/VP/Timeless Isle/LFR gear + Flex heirloom staff from Garrosh), and I'm not even that great at playing a warlock, so not like that 550+ is needed, anyway.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2014-09-04 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    I guess that depends on what you count as raiding. Flex still needs an organised group, set time, and so on.

I did it with about 525 item level, and no legendary cloak (Crafted 553s/JP/VP/Timeless Isle/LFR gear + Flex heirloom staff from Garrosh), and I'm not even that great at playing a warlock, so not like that 550+ is needed, anyway.
    Oh, of course it's not necessary. It's just as I said, the more gear you have, the easier it gets, and the more mistakes you can afford(which seems like it could help some of the people who are struggling). And flex doesn't require a set time, it's THE PuG mode(although I never see anybody do flex anymore, it's all normals)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

As far as bugs, there was one but it was fixed some 15+ months ago. I opened a ticket for it and had a realm restart for it after speaking with a gm. The imps would spawn and 1 would randomly cast an instant cast chaos bolt and it would just a it 1 shot you. This was back when gear was lower on average so recovering from a chaos bolt was doable but not the way it is now. That but has since been fixed though so just keep in the mindset that all you need to do is survive. Using a purification potion makes the enrage laughable so Dps should be just a filler thing to do while you're in there.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played an affliction/demonology warlock ever since the Burning Crusade and never touched Destruction until now.

I feel like a complete retard for not getting this with lvl 504 gear and a perfect build/glyphs.

Right now after +20 attempt, I feel like asking someone to do it for me