Aurora / Missing textures pack

Anyone use Aurora and its Missing Textures Pack ?

I updated Aurora, everything was fine. Then I re-installed the missing textures pack and my fps went to crap
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Anyone use Aurora and its Missing Textures Pack ?

I updated Aurora, everything was fine. Then I re-installed the missing textures pack and my fps went to crap
    The Missing Textures pack hasn't been updated yet.

Sorry but the beta dosen't allow to export interface art so I can't fix anything untill WoD is out, and even then I'll maybe level up for my guild first instead of creating new texturs :S
    Maybe some things can be fixed in the 6.0.2 Patch.
    Link
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    The Missing Textures pack hasn't been updated yet.

Link
    Cool, thanks.

Also, what you use for your sig, I have macro'd with Raise Dead on my DK :S

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do you know how one would go about uninstalling the texture pack, since it's not installed exactly the same as any other addon ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also, do you know how one would go about uninstalling the texture pack, since it's not installed exactly the same as any other addon ?
    I don't know any easy way to do it. I imagine you could delete everything in your Interface folder except your Addons folder and then let Blizzard rebuild it (plus add back any custom stuff you had, like if you used an icon pack).

I haven't done anything to remove it and I'm not seeing any ill effects.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I don't know any easy way to do it. I imagine you could delete everything in your Interface folder except your Addons folder and then let Blizzard rebuild it (plus add back any custom stuff you had, like if you used an icon pack).

oh, looks like it doesn't actually overwrite anything, and you can delete all the folders except for "addons" (obviously) in your interface folder. I posted comments on the texture pack page and the main aurora one. the author of aurora proper told me i can just delete 'em, and i checked with a guildie and "addons" is the only folder normally in there

Yeah, textures don't affect performance one bit. He must've effed something else up.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Yeah, textures don't affect performance one bit. He must've effed something else up.
    I dunno what I could have messed up by just putting the textures in. I literally just pasted the folder where it said to put it.

I updated Aurora, and the game was working fine. I exited to add the missing texture pack, got back in the game, and my fps was terrible.

The addon author had a conversation with someone in the comments section a few months ago about three of the specific textures causing someone's game to crash ... so I'm thinking it is possible for them to affect more than just how the ui looks. But, to be fair, I had been using the same texture pack on my previous pc without any problem. So I really don't know what could be up.

- - - Updated - - -

Hrm, might have somehow been Aurora itself:

I got on, and fps was crap. Exited, removed the missing textures folders. Go back in, fps still crap. Logout, disable Aurora, login, fps is back to normal.

But I don't understand how it was working fine after I initially updated Aurora but before I put in the texture pack :/