Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wasnt sure I would like many of the new models based on pics etc. But having played with them in game I like them a lot.

Was thinking about reactivating my account but after seeing how goofy the undeads became I gave up the idea. Besides some faces having NOTHING TO DO with the current ones there is also the weird face expressions they put. They tried too hard and in the end it looks like a weird pixar/disney character, specially when doing an emote.

BTW about the the male undead faces... Some are completely diferent from the old ones. The "soulblighter" look alike face now looks like he had poop spread over his face. Come on.

In short both my male and female undeads would end up totally diferent from what they used to be. Pure nonsense.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Playerbase: make us look like this!

What we got:

<--- doesn't even look black

????
    My character is still an ugly bum with 2004-2007ish quality graphics. The damn Vyrkul from WOTLK/3 expacs ago/2008 look better than us.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2014-10-15 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    You know you could've just turned them off in the settings and spare us from another whine thread, do you?

Now, please do get screenshots from live. Complaining about a beta that isn't perfect is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Don't make me cite games from 2012 and 2010 and 2008 that still had better faces than WoW and actual slider customization like Guild Wars 2, TESO, Tera, Aion, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan...
    Well, to be fair, those games wouldn't have had single selling point if the graphics weren't good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Was thinking about reactivating my account but after seeing how goofy the undeads became I gave up the idea. Besides some faces having NOTHING TO DO with the current ones there is also the weird face expressions they put.
    I think you should still give it a try, maybe you'll find some combination you really like. I think the undead are one of the 'races' that turned out pretty good. And yeah, I agree about some of the expressions, they are way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Hircine View Post
    I think you should still give it a try, maybe you'll find some combination you really like. I think the undead are one of the 'races' that turned out pretty good. And yeah, I agree about some of the expressions, they are way over the top.
    But... but the skeleton female face! Its just gone

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it seems the official forums (from the link in mmo champion) is going wild. People definitly isnt happy...
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

wow those look terrible. luckily you can not use them. i don't think i ever will. im pretty happy with the old models and the feel they all have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathari View Post
    Seriously?
    Yeah, yeah, I understand that sounds silly, but how long have I had to grow attached to being a coyote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Wow some people really can't handle others having differing opinions.
    Haha, really. It's not like I'm mad about mine, just disappointed, but the snarkiest people come crawling out from their rocks to reply.

I think their lack of compassion makes them look silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    But... but the skeleton female face! Its just gone

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it seems the official forums (from the link in mmo champion) is going wild. People definitly isnt happy...
    The one's posting are usually the ones that are dissatisfied with the game, vocal minority if you will, it's a real thing. The others are logged in enjoying the game. I wouldn't let any positive or negative posts affect my opinion, ever. That is why I decided to hop in and give everything a spin myself. I'll say it again, because I'm starting to sound like a fangirl, some models I find good, others I find terrible and then there's some ridiculous cartoony expressions that I actually hate. (is use the word rarely, so, yeah, I must really dislike them) for me it's the gameplay that matters most, and WoD is looking promising.

Also, what the OP has done here, is take some of the ugliest combos he could possibly find, and post them here. It's not that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    Haha, really. It's not like I'm mad about mine, just disappointed, but the snarkiest people come crawling out from their rocks to reply.

I think their lack of compassion makes them look silly.
    I sometimes feel like they are doing this for a living, some are REALLY good.

They gave human and draenei males some awfully bloated/round looking faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    Holy shit. Everyone complains about wanting new models, then they complain that they don't want new models because they don't want to lose the look and feel of old models, then when Blizzard basically creates an HD version of the old models, they start saying other MMORPGs have more realistic models and blizzard sucks at keeping that standard. For the love of all things holy, if you don't like something, keep it to your damn self. No one wants to hear you tantrum. Turn the new models off, or uninstall and un-sub. You aren't entitled to anything, if you don't like the product anymore, move on.
    I always wonder how people like yourself survive life. Are you happy?

I feel bad for the humans. The females look like they have had too much botox in their forehead. It seems Blizzard failed to actually capture the look of the original models in so many ways. So glad I never rolled a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blergh! I cringe every time I see the new female human. Their faces look so horrible. Why could they not have done the same good job as they did with female gnomes?

10+ Year Old Account
    My Tauren looks amazing...and so is his running animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Comparing more realistic graphics to WoW's cartoony graphics...
    More realistic graphics look worse, I'd have prefer they left the WoW faces the way they were.

Human brain has a zone between fake and real where it is worse than either.

<--------------- Compare with ----------V

Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-10-15 at 01:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    For the love of all things holy, if you don't like something, keep it to your damn self. No one wants to hear you tantrum.
    The irony is overwhelming.

Deleted
    I was not entirely sold on the new models based on pictures but I absolutely LOVE them on Live. Granted, I've had to face-change a few toons to fit my new requirements but that aside I absolutely love most of it. I also guess I'm one of the few who likes the new bouncy run which is more realistic to look at than the old models where heads stood still in mid air during intense running. It always felt offputting to me. With the new models I feel its' much more fluid and engaging, like my character actualy moves lively and actively instead of a token with a movement animation being dragged around...

But then again, I know how unpopular it is to like anything 'round here. I'll show myself out.

"Don't make me cite games from 2012 and 2010 and 2008 that still had better faces than WoW and actual slider customization like Guild Wars 2, TESO, Tera, Aion, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan....

Right now WoW's new character models are on the level of Star Wars Galaxies, a game that came out in 2003 before WoW "

Your compairing WoW... A game that started developement in about 2001-2002 early 2003, with games made in 2014... 2008 etc... Really? Really?
    For the love of god just shut up and go away... My god... Also, Your compairing realistic graphics to WoWs CARTOOONY GRAPHICS.... Do you have half a brain?

No scratch that, already know that answer.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-10-15 at 02:57 AM.

just lol

you keep comparing WoWs looks to those of new games, SO WHAT?

You realize the reason WoW doesn't go crazy with graphical upgrades is because it would cut off a good chunk of players not being able to run it. All those games you linked do not go WoWs cartoonish style, they go more realistic/anime looking that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Meanwhile in 2014...
    are you serious? Why are you linking single player games pics like thats something to compare to mmos? (fyi mmos are a bit more demanding than SP games)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    My biggest issue so far is the new run animation for Male NELFS I think they used Richard Simmons as the motion capture model