Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Mysterious Camel Figurine

Now that NPC Scan doesn't work for finding this addon, what else can we use? Manually searching each site would take forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up View Post
    Now that NPC Scan doesn't work for finding this addon, what else can we use? Manually searching each site would take forever.
    Doesn't work anymore? with the new patch you mean? what changed?

Didn't think they cared enough about old content like that to make changes that would prevent easier location of these allready hard to find and elusive statues.

You have to manually add the ID's to NPC scan

Mysterious camel figurine was removed a long time ago, AFAIK. If you didn't get it early on in the expac, then it became a FoS, and only the vendor-boought camels were what was left available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Mysterious camel figurine was removed a long time ago, AFAIK. If you didn't get it early on in the expac, then it became a FoS, and only the vendor-boought camels were what was left available.
    It was not removed, please don't spread rumors like this.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Completely incorrect. It has never been removed and was always a FoS.

Whoever reads this.
    IT IS FALSE.

The Only thing that was changed about the figurine early in Xpac was that you could no longer use the /target command

NPC scan or simuler addons can still pick it up, but its no longer targettable.

good luck on your hunt..!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    NPC scan or simuler addons can still pick it up, but its no longer targettable.

good luck on your hunt..!
    This.

Also last time I've been to Uldum, NPC Scan Overlay had figurine spots marked on the map as well. Luckily I got the mount before CRZ was implemented, so I don't have to go through that pain now.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

This is according to the addons website:
    _NPCScan & Warlords

Due to changes in how the game caches mobs in WoD, it is looking like _NPCScan will no longer be able to auto detect non-Vignette mobs. Due to this the only way to find pre-MoP rares via _NPCScan will be via mouse over or the new dynamic target macro keybind being added. The new keybind will trigger a /targetexact …” macro that updates with tracked mobs based on the zone you are currently in. Vignette mobs will still automatically trigger an alert when the mob gets in range, and should work more reliably due to updates to the Vignette API.

So this no longer works of Mysterious Camel Figuirine? Even when updated to 6.0?

Correct. For any pre-MoP mob and any that do not have vignette then it will not auto alert like it use to. A keybinding to a dynamic target macro is being added, so you can still search for tracked mobs, just by manually haivng to press a button.

I didn't realize that it could not be targeted. In that case it would not be able to use NPCScan to find the figure any more.
    All taken from http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/npcscan#c2920

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we have nothing now. Yikes.

Well, I am glad i got it then.
    I just did it for collection previously

GL to everyone farming this

So I cant believe this but I just got this. We dont have NPC Scan but at least we have Friendly NPC nameplates.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

You have nothing?

You know exactly where the figurines spawn.

You fly a route until you find a figurine.

You make yourself 25g of dust or you get a camel.

How is this "nothing"?

Yeah it's unfortunate they got rid of the cache method for older rares. Seen like 10 fakes, no real ones though. Maybe it'll be easier to if less people bother with it now due to the change. I did make a point of getting TLPD and Aeonaxx done because of this change

15+ Year Old Account
    So I cant believe this but I just got this. We dont have NPC Scan but at least we have Friendly NPC nameplates.

The figurine has a friendly nameplate? That'll make checking the spots easier I guess.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Hmm good to know. Still need to get this.

Congratz! Probably was the best time to take advantage of the confusion of people thinking they haven't seen one because NPCscan hasn't gone off.

But I guess they readded the nameplates? I thought they removed it from them and made them like, untargetable but usable.

Deleted
    Tbh, I've gave up all hope in getting it. The rare times I actually have the motivation to do it, it's not due to spawn anytime soon or someone just beats me to it.
    And I thought they had made them untargetable also. :c

Untargetable and npc doesn't work like it used to since 6.0.

TOUGHER to get now :/

I was able to get it without NPC scan, so it isn't impossible, just memorise the spawn locations and be thorough. Still, I can see how that sucks, will make the magic moment when you get engulfed in a cyclone all the sweeter though.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "