Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    The problem there is not the numbers or squish, the problem is class mechanic changes, mostly healing changes.
    No, there's no problems with abilities not being squished.. Lei Shen's ticking Crashing Thunder (which says it should hit for 6k every second) hitting for 60k every second is DEFINITELY Working As Intended (tm). :P

Yes, some whining is goofy, but many DoT effects seem to still be hitting for an extra 0, which means you need perfect reactions to not instantly die when it ticks for 2x your life bar in 2 seconds. That sort of things needs to be fixed. People need to avoid damage again, instead of assuming healers will heal them through it, if they're just standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Nope, you just want your game to be like:

*Tunel vision on action bars... ACTIVE!
    *Disregard for environment... ACTIVE!
    *Smashing keyboard with your face mode... ACTIVE!
    *Free loot... OBTAINTED!
    Yep, you got me, I just want free lootz.

The fucking ignorance is palpable, to assume you know my opinions like that based on one post that is actually unrelated to raiding is just stupid.

To set the record straight: I hope WoD is hard as shit. In fact, I hope Mythic Blackhand is so ridiculous that nobody even manages to kill him before the next tier. I want Mythic to be soul crushingly hard, and I don't want Heroic to be too far below that. Heroic Rag took over 700 attempts for the first guild to get him down. As far as I know that's the highest amount of attempts before a kill that's ever happened in the history of the game. I want to see Blackhand at more like 5-10k.

I want content to be what it's supposed to be. Hard content should be hard, easy content should be easy. The stat squish is not supposed to change anything, therefore it should not change anything. Did you understand this time, or should I write that in multiple languages?
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-10-15 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nobody gives or should give a shit about balance right now at 90. Everything is tuned for 100 characters, no joke.

People will still post and spam the shit out of the forums because they're a bit ignorant of that fact, but what can you do.
    Regardless whether people "care" about balance at 90, Blizzard should care and balance things accordingly. SoO, Ordos and Celestials is still current content and will be so until WoD is released. It should've been balanced to be roughly the same difficulty as before the patch, and this doesn't seem to be case. Somewhat weird seeing as they had plenty of time to tune SoO.

even if you Kite Ordos around and out of the fire on the ground you run out of space for the fire before the guy dies so enough complaining about people standing in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    They wanted to get rid of self-sufficient tanks and massive AoE heals instantly topping people. It's not that Ordos needs to be nerfed, it's just that people need to do the fight properly again. If anything Ordos was undertuned, you shouldn't be able to stand in all mechanics and easily outheal it on LFR/flex geared characters.

At what ilvl? Some people go there with 483 boosted characters that have 400k healthpools.

This has nothing to do with them messing up the number squish, the issues you are seeing are due to actual healer gameplay changes that would've been there with or without the squish.

Sorry but that is WRONG, blizzard stated many times that only the numbers should be lower, the damage you do and receive should be the same percentage.
    The squish should not have been a nerf OR a buff to you or the bosses/mobs of the current 90 game. If anything they should have errored on the side of nerf if they couldn't get it exactly right. If it was undertuned before it should be undertuned now. This should not be a time to relearn fights or have to figure out new ways to do fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This should not be a time to relearn fights or have to figure out new ways to do fights.
    Actually pre-patches are precisely about that.

It's just that in the past it has always been on the side of everything being much easier with new expansion talents and stats in place.

This time it's different. You're learning that some things are harder, rather than easier. And Blizzard are learning where things need changes. It's been the same every pre-patch, things have needed changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nobody gives or should give a shit about balance right now at 90. Everything is tuned for 100 characters, no joke.

People will still post and spam the shit out of the forums because they're a bit ignorant of that fact, but what can you do.
    Its been like this for every expansion I dont know why people don't understand that
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm not bitching, I'm telling you that you're factually incorrect. Learn the difference!
    Screaming about how the biggest patch in the games history isn't 100% working (especially with the stat squish) is a pretty bitchy post!
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Probably because you're used to faceroll?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    People literally arguing why they're no longer allowed not to lose.

Brilliant.
    I think most people are fine with losing. However, I want to lose within the mechanics. If mechanic x is supposed to be a one shot, as described in the dungeon journal, then yes, if you get hit with it, you should die. However, if a mechanic is only supposed to tick for 10% of your health and instead ticks for 90% of it, that's called a bug and should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    It's a bug...The fire ticks for 1/3rd your health You shouldn't need to learn anything before doing ordos.
    Exactly; the fire was inconsequential before.

I don't see the point in having the strategy for the encounter get stood on its head simply because of a "squish" that wasn't supposed to cause major changes in encounter strategy like this.

Saying that "well you should never have been standing in fire before" is just dumb, because that fire ticked for about the same amount it ticks for now, if I recall correctly, when our health pools were almost 10x larger, and when heals were 20-40x more powerful.

I'm assuming most of the people posting these stupid "l2p" responses haven't even done Ordos since the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    even if you Kite Ordos around and out of the fire on the ground you run out of space for the fire before the guy dies so enough complaining about people standing in the fire.
    Yeah exactly and it's pretty damn hard on the melee standing in fire they kinda can't be healed through but kinda have to stand in or they'll get one shot by the stomp.

Doing 1/2 of SoO mythic yesterday, some things are hilariously undertuned and some are slightly overtuned. Ordos just appears to be one of those they messed up and will nerf quickly.

Its not the healing changes doing this, its Blizz messing up/not caring about squish.

Don't just jump on the bandwagon of "cata healing is back" going off of 1 or 2 bosses and looking for the exception instead of the rule. It just so happens that 2 of the most done bosses (Lei Shen and Ordos) had their squish messed up. There are plenty of undertuned bosses now too. Sha of Pride is hilarious in that regard.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-10-15 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

This just sounds like a terrible managerial screwup at Blizzard.

In a development process, if you have some activity to "change the software to do X", you also need an activity to "verify that the change actually does X".

Doing the former, but not the latter, is amateur hour stuff.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Stat squish issue. Aoe damage in many cases went too much up in lvl 90 content.
    On the other hands i just did Uldaur 25 heroic with ease - chaos bolts going for 6 mln...., Mandokir in ZG has now 1 mln hp with my incinerate hitting easily for 500k and as much for 1.2 mln (srsly). GG

The sky is definitely falling.

The qq is everywhere. In game, forums, tweets everything. This is one expansion I can't wait to see in the future

The outrage will be extreme....

Deleted
    Hey you silly people stroking your epeens about how sick & skilled you are...

.. healing this is not fun. There is no fun tryign to or having to heal unhealable raid damage.

Think about that for a second.

Unhealable raid damage should not exist, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's bright idea was it to jump into raids on day one of systems change? Things are not balanced, but I guess if there's enough people standing in fire and not taking the time to relearn their class then conflating those two points with the squish, maybe we will get the hotfixes sooner.

Ordos is off badly, for two reasons.

First example is burning soul. 6k/s over 10 seconds is 95% of most clothie health pools (I have 64K HP @ iLvl 522). That, plus the explosion @65k damage are a guaranteed kill, even if I bubble myself and focus heal myself. It also kills most of the people it hits if they have taken damage from any other source when the explosion (or subsequent fall damage) occurs. Bad who dont run out of the raid when they get the debuff, further stacking the damage, do not help either.

The second issue is a change in how PVP flagged players can be interacted with no 6.x. Now, if you are in a raid with PVP flagged players, you CANNOT cast on them or provide any beneficial effects on them, without either flagging yourself, or them unflagging/waiting for the flag to drop off. We had a PVP flagged tank throwing a fit that he wasnt getting any heals (not to mention other dps) because not even smart heals will touch them in this current state.

Bottom line is I think that Ordos' tuning is off, but that it shouldnt be fixed back to faceroll/stand in fore standards. That should *never* be a standard. The PVP flagging issue needs to be addressed better as well, as it wasnt stated anywhere that I have read, and makes things really confusing. You shouldnt be able to create a raid with people who limit it, not based on their ability, but on Blizz doing it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    At what ilvl? Some people go there with 483 boosted characters that have 400k healthpools.
    iLvl 574 Mage - as I said, died before I hit the ground (as a mage hitting the ground doesn't hurt me). Of course, no where near 400k health these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Three words: L2P.
    Not too sure how L2P stops me getting one shot be an unavoidable hit ? Do you know a secret on how to avoid unavoidable damage that the rest of us don't ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    SoO, Ordos and Celestials is still current content and will be so until WoD is released.
    Actually, they are no longer current content. The ceased being current content when you started playing WoD yesterday. Check out the loading screen ... WoD is the name of the game now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    The PVP flagging issue needs to be addressed better as well, as it wasnt stated anywhere
    However it was stated that one could no longer involve oneself in world PvP without specifically requesting it. This was aimed at PvP trolls hanging around mobs on PvE servers fishing for kills. Sadly - has the effect of making world boss raids a little more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    So all that Blizz needs to do is to say the fire is finally working as intended.
    Well if the death is meant to be unavoidable, then so be it... however, they would need to scale the boss down a little to ensure that it is possible to kill the boss with decreasingly alive numbers of players.