Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just wish they'd fix the rolling to not be as sensitive. Literally I was standing in the exact middle of his back and he still rolled. Doesn't make any sense to me, and expecting me to go back and forth to balance him while trying to do the bloods properly is a little much. Hopefully he gets fixed in WoD to be easier to solo. Really all they need to do is add a "Balance meter" to the fight, where the longer you stay on one side the more he starts to roll, and when he reaches 100% to either side he completely rolls over. That way you can at least tell how close you are to him rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Debuff has been fixed, a handful of classes can handle it already. Everyone else will be able to do at 100.

His roll has already been nerfed to give you 10 seconds. If you can't manage that just bring a friend and stand on either side so it never rolls.
    To my knowledge the debuff is still hitting for 150k - 200k hp. And it is 5 seconds ... unless they hotfixed that today.

Debuff has been fixed, a handful of classes can handle it already. Everyone else will be able to do at 100.

His roll has already been nerfed to give you 10 seconds. If you can't manage that just bring a friend and stand on either side so it never rolls.
    Debuff still one shot me for 80k earlier this morning.

As for the roll, the point is to solo the content. If I wanted to duo all of this content then anything pre-MOP wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    And it is 5 seconds ... unless they hotfixed that today.
    It's closer to 10 seconds after 6.0, it's much easier than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    It's closer to 10 seconds after 6.0, it's much easier than before.
    It's definitely more than 5, but I haven't tried to time it. I let the DBM timer expire, then when 'ROLL' pops on screen, I move.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    It's definitely more than 5, but I haven't tried to time it. I let the DBM timer expire, then when 'ROLL' pops on screen, I move.
    DBM (obviously) isn't up to date with hotfixes.

@Wowalixi 80k isn't even a oneshot if you are in SoO heroic/mythic gear, at level 100 it will be 1/4 of your health. Me telling you to bring a friend isn't because it isn't soloable, it's because YOU can't solo it. It's a player issue, not a game mechanics issue.

@zEmini classes with strong cooldowns (60%+) can soak it, some even soaked before the crit/multistrike fix successfully. It hasn't been 5 seconds for at least 3 days now regardless of what your out of date addon is telling you. If your class can't soak it yet, it will be easy at level 100 when you have over 300k hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just killed Spine HC as Resto! I could dispel the debuff, my moonfire killed blobs easy, only hard part was killing the Bruning Tendons, I barely do it, and I was using DPS gear for more crit, since mastery is useless as resto's dps. Finally did it, yay! ^^

DBM (obviously) isn't up to date with hotfixes.

@Wowalixi 80k isn't even a oneshot if you are in SoO heroic/mythic gear, at level 100 it will be 1/4 of your health. Me telling you to bring a friend isn't because it isn't soloable, it's because YOU can't solo it. It's a player issue, not a game mechanics issue.

@zEmini classes with strong cooldowns (60%+) can soak it, some even soaked before the crit/multistrike fix successfully. It hasn't been 5 seconds for at least 3 days now regardless of what your out of date addon is telling you. If your class can't soak it yet, it will be easy at level 100 when you have over 300k hp.
    80k is not the hit, its overkill, hit itself is around 180k.

Solo'd it on my BIS warrior today. Could do it on prob my PVP geared ones too. Second wind insta heals yourself to at least half, so it's really not that bad. It's just annoying as FUCK to continually move to avoid roll. They should just nix rolling if soloing the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    80k is not the hit, its overkill, hit itself is around 180k.
    150k from my experience, repeatedly. Which is survivable with any 50% cd, but 60%+ to be safe (monks, dk's, spriests, druids, etc). Once again it'll be nothing for a level 100.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    I soloed Spine 10 HC a few days ago on my warlock. Took me about 10 tries, failing mostly from failing to dispell the debuff or not blowing up close enough to the plate. Kinda annoying to run left-right-left-right etc. for 5 min though.

In case you're wondering, I did it as Destro /w Imp Sac (for dispell & regen). I killed one tentacle while landing and killed the add from it. Then killed a second tentacle and proceeded to gather bloods, all the while running left-right. In hindsight, I think I could've killed more tentacles to speed up the blood spawn rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    very easy as a warlock, just run from side to side and keep rain of fire on near the plates. Don't see how it will work in WoD though because the unstable elemental (?) will dies way before 9 stacks really easily.

150k from my experience, repeatedly. Which is survivable with any 50% cd, but 60%+ to be safe (monks, dk's, spriests, druids, etc). Once again it'll be nothing for a level 100.
    It was 180 before this "nerf". Had lot of problems with balance since I can't dispel and I don't have any CD's even close to surviving, barkskin only

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Solo'd it on my BIS warrior today. Could do it on prob my PVP geared ones too. Second wind insta heals yourself to at least half, so it's really not that bad. It's just annoying as FUCK to continually move to avoid roll. They should just nix rolling if soloing the encounter.
    If they were to get rid of the rolling and the blood corruption like everyone is complaining about it would completely remove everything about this fight that makes it specifically challenging. Again I'll iterate, blizzard's point was not to make every fight soloable for every class, it was to remove barriers that prevented soloing from happening. The roll has already been nerfed to happen much less frequently (imagine the first people soloing this fight having to deal with a 5 second roll timer), and blood corruption can be dispelled, survived with CDs, or you can just do the fight on normal until 100 where your health pool will be high enough to survive the damage. Just because some classes can solo a given fight does not mean all classes should be able to solo that same fight at the same time, look at DKs for example; for the longest time they were the solo champions and could solo most fights long before any other class could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    very easy as a warlock, just run from side to side and keep rain of fire on near the plates. Don't see how it will work in WoD though because the unstable elemental (?) will dies way before 9 stacks really easily.
    You don't have to stack the bloods up on the amalgamation as they spawn, the way I did the fight is to kill 3 tentacles > roll to get rid of amalgs > dance around for awhile while waiting for 9 bloods to spawn > kill the tentacle > dps the amalg while stacking him up > kill near the plate > win. You'd be able to do the exact same thing at 100, just probably doing less dps to the amalg until you get the 9 stacks and get it to the plate.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkm857 View Post
    First boss in ulduar is impossible too.
    first ulduar boss is retardedly easy, especially after the nerfs. Pre nerfs- did 25 man +4 towers, had to kite for last 7% health (run in, whack, kite until stacks reset, repeat). Post nerf (vehicle buffs), burn it 25 man +4 towers with 1 demolisher, stacking straight to 10 stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, for Spine... Let me ask a few questions, since I haven't tried it since 5.4.

1) You take 90% less damage from everything, but absorbs need the full 200k healing to get rid of right?
    2) You can still stay in the tendril area, and stick to him when he rolls.
    3) Grips are gone, so tentacles will no longer grip you, right?

If all those are true, then Spine is even easier then before. First, A) build up 10 bloods, then B) kill a tentacle, then C) AoE bloods, have amalgam absorb them, then D) blow amalgam up, blow tendon up, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    It was 180 before this "nerf". Had lot of problems with balance since I can't dispel and I don't have any CD's even close to surviving, barkskin only
    Thought tehy made survival instincts universal?

I'm able to solo DS10N as a balance druid. I could clear the whose raid quite easily, but I got stuck at spine as well. The following video helped me a lot though!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXw...ature=youtu.be

This guy explains the tacs for every boss, including spine. I was able to kill Spine in one try. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    A very detailed write up guide would be very nice.

As for the Blood debuff, killing more than one tentacle spawns another debuff... which is a recipe for death. I assume enough bloods would come out of one dead tentacle?

The adds give the debuff, not the tentacles. Kill the 2 tentacles as you are causing the roll and you can throw them off with 0 debuffs. You can then allow blood to spawn while waiting, kill the tentacle when you have enough to stack it to 9 and pop it immediately.

Gettin a debuff you use waht cd's you have, then wait for your cd's to come off before doing hte next plate.

Quote Originally Posted by t0ken View Post
    So incredibly hard to do now, everything dies in 1 second and you can hardly get past the first plate doing everything perfect
    Here is how I did it on my ret pally.

Kill all of the add's and stand on one of the lava spots. Wait until u have killed 9 slime then summon the almag then kite him over said spots the slimes died at so he gets 9 stacks. Then make him blow up....repeat until profit.

Decent self heals will be needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The adds give the debuff, not the tentacles. Kill the 2 tentacles as you are causing the roll and you can throw them off with 0 debuffs. You can then allow blood to spawn while waiting, kill the tentacle when you have enough to stack it to 9 and pop it immediately.

Gettin a debuff you use waht cd's you have, then wait for your cd's to come off before doing hte next plate.
    I really need to spend more time on this. So there is ZERO reason to kill a tentacle unless I want to spawn a Alag? Then I want to draw the alag to the tentacle where the bloods have been dying for the last 3 minutes (and stop the roll) and kill it near the top?

My only worry is there won't be 9 dead pools at the base of the tentacle.