Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukinz View Post
    Hey!

First time poster on MMO, long time lurker, just thought I'd try and be a better player and ask for some professional help

I raid in a two night a week guild, and recently re-rolled warlock mid tier. My ilevel is 680, but I know that I should be doing much better in most of these BRF fights as a demo lock. At least according to my bracket rankings and general knowledge of how well demo does on some of these cleave fights. My armory: (Guess I can't post links for a while, I play on the US server, Zul'Jin, Lewk is the name.

Our guild has been struggling on Heroic Iron Maidens for a bit now. And I know how well demo locks do on this fight. I have seen cata and serv both used effectively but can't figure out why my dps is so low. I figure it has to do with when I am using Dark Soul and Meta probably but can't be for sure. I don't have any tier pieces or the updated ring, not sure how much dps that ups me, but here are logs from Iron Maidens tonight. Pick me apart as you will. I want to get better, and I hope you guys can help!

(Again can't post links, if you search Lewk on Zul'Jin in warcraft logs I show up, sorry for the inconvenience.)
    You really won't be able to compete with other Warlocks on this fight without the 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    You really won't be able to compete with other Warlocks on this fight without the 4pc.
    Even so, I was just wondering if what I was doing was mechanically right. I would rather build good habits early

Also very interested in tips for Iron Maidens (heroic).

I am playing Cata and unglyphed DS and yes saving up for the end nuke phase. Before that though my dps is lacking. I have been trying to compare logs where they have insane amount of CW damage where as I am barely using it but I also don't have the 4 set so I do think that is a decent part of it. I will probably be on the boat but I tend to think my damage is actually better up there than during bomb dancing.

So am I correct in thinking still that with DS CW is better on 2 targets and above? Without DS stick to HoG (unless targets will die before a full 2 stack)? Only other procs I have Synergy naturally then the 690 ring and DuT. I'm getting so confused with all the different posts about saying one thing or another but it seems on logs people are definitely favouring CW over HoG. Perhaps for 3 targets or always?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Also very interested in tips for Iron Maidens (heroic).

I am playing Cata and unglyphed DS and yes saving up for the end nuke phase. Before that though my dps is lacking. I have been trying to compare logs where they have insane amount of CW damage where as I am barely using it but I also don't have the 4 set so I do think that is a decent part of it. I will probably be on the boat but I tend to think my damage is actually better up there than during bomb dancing.

So am I correct in thinking still that with DS CW is better on 2 targets and above? Without DS stick to HoG (unless targets will die before a full 2 stack)? Only other procs I have Synergy naturally then the 690 ring and DuT. I'm getting so confused with all the different posts about saying one thing or another but it seems on logs people are definitely favouring CW over HoG. Perhaps for 3 targets or always?
    Link your logs if you want us to see what you are doing wrong.

Deleted
    Hi friends,

this is my first post on mmo so be gentle.

We recently reached Mythic Gruul and my ST DPS is so low, i got benched this week. I fully understand that i got benched and i think it's ridiculous how bad i'm doing at this fight.
    I know my DS usage is really off. I just got 4PC and still have trouble keeping track of my HoG procc while watching my trinket and ring procc.
    Anyway, some suggestions would be really welcome.

Character: Rinar
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Rinar/advanced
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/D3B7AfNxkYjCTg9Z#fight=82&type=summary

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by mmoc8d49289f5d; 2015-03-25 at 07:29 PM.

Hello all,

After a guild implosion of sorts I am looking to make my warlock my main. I used to main a lock for a while back in vanilla but it has obviously changed a lot. We've done some normal BRF this week and my DPS is really bad. Like last place on DPS bad. Anyway, I'd like some guidance on how to be better at this. I know all of my gear isnt enchanted and ive been slacking on it but I am fixing that today. Im more concerned with my playstyle and how I can improve it.

Here are logs of last nights normal alt BRF and my armory.
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/wJvfW4DFaRAVpbYz#type=damage-done&source=13
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Budkeh/simple

Thank you for any advice.

I just finished running a few bosses in Heroic BRF but my dps still seems to low for my gear. 671 2 pc. I feel like im casting soulfire to much without buffs(meta,ds,etc) and possibly "OVER" dotting mobs when i shouldn't be. Can you please look through and see what i am doing wrong? It annoys me to open a fight strong but end very weak. On Maidens, i would open the fight at around 90-100k and then it drops to 32-33k by end of the fight. I feel like i should be pushing 36k-38k for my ilvl on this fight. I provided all the bosses in the log for extra reference but Maidens is my main concern as it's progression. Also what do you do during bomb phase as demo? That phase murders my dps

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/nR98ZLpXgV3t2GPr/
    Last edited by Restitution; 2015-03-26 at 04:10 PM.

gruul need help

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong here's mythicgruul kill last night. Not letting me link so just go to warcraftlogs and search me and the gruul kill will be there

Quote Originally Posted by xshab88 View Post
    Not quite sure what I am doing wrong here's mythicgruul kill last night. Not letting me link so just go to warcraftlogs and search me and the gruul kill will be there
    Not really sure how you expect anyone to know who you are and what we should search for on WCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I just finished running a few bosses in Heroic BRF but my dps still seems to low for my gear. 671 2 pc. I feel like im casting soulfire to much without buffs(meta,ds,etc) and possibly "OVER" dotting mobs when i shouldn't be. Can you please look through and see what i am doing wrong? It annoys me to open a fight strong but end very weak. On Maidens, i would open the fight at around 90-100k and then it drops to 32-33k by end of the fight. I feel like i should be pushing 36k-38k for my ilvl on this fight. I provided all the bosses in the log for extra reference but Maidens is my main concern as it's progression. Also what do you do during bomb phase as demo? That phase murders my dps

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/nR98ZLpXgV3t2GPr/
    Here is another log of Normal Oregorger...I was ranked in the low percentile for this and was curious of why? I lose so much dps during pacman phase so its obvious i play that phase wrong in terms of dpsing boxes. Any thoughts would be nice!

warcraftlogs.com/reports/A1fCK9Hmyw2Bv3Lr#fight=25&type=damage-done&source=1 Doing M Gruul yesterday and I thought I was doing everything right but I finished at the bottom of dps. I have only been playing Demo for 2 weeks now but based everything I know off of these forums. I dont know what it is Im doing wrong but I know Im geared enough to parse but Im not. Marine#1573 if you can help

Deleted
    log
    an ilvl 688 guy.
    as u can see the differences :

touch of chaos :
    52 vs 26
    meta soulfire :
    21- 49
    caster soulfire :
    31 -14
    hand of guldan uptime
    36 - 47
    chaos wave
    1-8

Try to minimize the usage of ToC,CW and Caster soulfire on this fight and increase the uptime of HoG.
    PS: u missed ur 3rd grimore,the strongest one (below 20%)
    Keep calm below 25% and plan it.
    Thats the most important part of the fights,especially as a demo lock.
    Last edited by mmoc8fb0db6e89; 2015-03-31 at 03:04 PM.

Thank you Ill make sure I work on it tonight, I trolled a bunch of logs and noticed the caster form SF. . . .

Deleted
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...v=0,d=0,c=1929 I feel like with my gear I should be doing a ton more damage. However in my last recorded Blackhand kill my dps is far below average.

What am I doing wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehlite View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...v=0,d=0,c=1929 I feel like with my gear I should be doing a ton more damage. However in my last recorded Blackhand kill my dps is far below average.

What am I doing wrong?
    Let's see what I can find, I'm a noob when it comes to analyzing with AMR though...

For the opener, is there a reason you do not use DS right at the start (within the first 5 second orso)? During the pull, you will often have ALL trinkets procs, making it very benificial to use DS as well here. Your opener seems unrefined to me, as the other warlock in your kill get to about 75k dps, while you get to 55k. I recommend looking into it.

It seems you are not casting SF at all during Dark Soul, unless the target is below 25%. When you pop DS, you want to Meta > SF spam. It doesn't matter what the boss health is, SF simply is the best bang for your buck. You also seem to be casting SF outside of Meta a lot. This should only be done if you have >8 stacks of MC or the target is near or under 25% health.

Your DoT uptime on the boss looks good.
    For some reason, when phase 3 started you casted 5 Dooms in rapid succession. You only need to refresh Doom when there are <17s left on it.

When Time Warp is used, you have a good amount of Fury, yet you did not use a DS + pot until the end of the TW, meaning you only got 8 sec of TW to line up with those 2 CDs. I know there is a lot of moving to be done, but as far as I can tell from the logs, you were not targeted for bombs/mark during the TW.

Few things about specs/gear etc:
    GoServitude is the best single target option. You were using GoSyn, which is better for multi target fights.
    It seems you were not Well Fed? Another 100+ mastery right there.
    You have 2 Crit enchants (cloak and ring), I presume for playing Destro. It is better to go full mastery if you plan on playing multiple specs (this doesn't change that much, but it's a small gain).

This is what I can tell from a simple look and my noob experience with AMR. Hope it helps.

Linking logs to last nights Gruul and Hanz/Franz kill running Goserv/Dserv, not sure what I'm doing wrong trying to follow what I've read on here and on Furty's guide. Trying to maximize SF's in Meta during procs and DS dumps but my damage still seems awful for my ilvl. Any help and criticism greatly appreciated:

Gruul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Hanz/Franz: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Deleted
    I would really appreciate if anyone could check over the gruul log from tonight, and one from almost two weeks ago, where I had less ilvl, but did better.

Evlithruldur
    New:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3V6th/#fight=3
    Old:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary

Also if someone could check over the log from today and tell me how I can improve.
    I try to cast SF most of the time I have procs, but this seems like a dps loss, especially compared to the older logs, where I didn't have BMC.

Ok did Gruul again and although dps went up Im still way under 40k dps. . . . I need major help bc I feel like Im going to get replaced in raid soon

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bZNQw4ARhkfH6dGv#type=casts&source=10

I don't understand what I can do better on a single target fight like Gruul. I feel like I'm not doing any mistakes. I save my 2nd grimoire and DS for past 20%. I would like some help on how to improve on this fight https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltarius View Post
    Let's see what I can find, I'm a noob when it comes to analyzing with AMR though...
    its not you.
    the site design is horrible.