Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Hi guys. We have a Warlock dps in our guild (Penirino) who did some Imperator attempts with us today. However he felt that his dps was too low and left the group.

Here is the log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...MtHCa/#fight=1

He is a good guy that is keen to improve. What are some of the things that he can do to improve on that fight so he doesn't feel the need to bow out?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Here are some more logs of tonight's raid. Thanks again!
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WX9CmLxdywhb4BHD/

Deleted
    Hey guys, i'm applying to a mythic guild soon and i just wana run these logs by you first before i submit to them. im pretty happy with my performance however im always looking to improve (i have after all only been playing warlock for 2 months now). Just a few notes, my pet was on passive for the first half of kargath (???) and my macro for shadowburn was not working or bugged on butcher.

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/c3fWCa4ZwTtv9NBJ/

(not allowed to post links sorry

http://www.wowprogress.com/character.../M%C3%A8ditate

my profile

So my damage has been to the ground , if am stattionary and i dont move i am holding 16 to 18k but if fight needs mobility dps drops top 9 to 11k , and thats me using draenic intellect flask and augment rune

My rotation on Raid boss is : poping CDS : summon terror guard,DS,Draenic intellect potion,cataclysm then

rain of fire, immolate,conflagrate,incinerate X3 then chaos bolt X2 , cataclysm rinse and repate .

would you please recommend what is best rotation if the above is a fail.

thanks

Edit : you guys say i need to register

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/ , i did but dont have any info yet

Hey guys i'm currently playing Destro with - Supremacy, AD and DS. At 660ilvl and i feel i should be pulling more dps, My character's name is Feltwist :<

Here are my logs ->www warcraftlogs.com/reports/MRz6gkXLVJGcprq8/#fight=21

My armory link - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Feltwist/

I've been playing a warlock for a couple of expansions now and i've always been up to date with mechanics involved with my class. I try to set up my rotation as accurate as it could be which is mentioned on the site. I do mess up sometimes with Dark soul and procs but still i feel i'm underperforming to other players who are at the same item level as me. Any help to optimize my DPS would be really good help. Plus i've never used Simcraft to weigh my stats because i really thought it was complicated but i'm ready to do that as well now and would like to know if there's a guide on how to use SimCRAFT.

I'm currently using Crit > Mastery/Multistrike > Haste > Versa, but i havent experimented on changing enchants and gems cause i'm using all the expensive ones except the weapon enchant which i plan to get when i get a heroic weapon.

Will provide more logs tomorrow night as i have a guild run in a long while. Thank you for your help guys.
    Last edited by ineedacent; 2014-12-27 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedacent View Post
    Hey guys i'm currently playing Destro with - Supremacy, AD and DS. At 660ilvl and i feel i should be pulling more dps, My character's name is Feltwist :<

Here are my logs ->www warcraftlogs.com/reports/MRz6gkXLVJGcprq8/#fight=21

My armory link - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Feltwist/

I've been playing a warlock for a couple of expansions now and i've always been up to date with mechanics involved with my class. I try to set up my rotation as accurate as it could be which is mentioned on the site. I do mess up sometimes with Dark soul and procs but still i feel i'm underperforming to other players who are at the same item level as me. Any help to optimize my DPS would be really good help. Plus i've never used Simcraft to weigh my stats because i really thought it was complicated but i'm ready to do that as well now and would like to know if there's a guide on how to use SimCRAFT.

I'm currently using Crit > Mastery/Multistrike > Haste > Versa, but i havent experimented on changing enchants and gems cause i'm using all the expensive ones except the weapon enchant which i plan to get when i get a heroic weapon.

Will provide more logs tomorrow night as i have a guild run in a long while. Thank you for your help guys.

For the sake of a direct comparison I am going to compare your Heroic Brackenspore kill to my Mythic Brackenspore kill as the fights are very similar. (Keep in mind my usage #'s should be higher in general as my encounter was 2 minutes longer than yours but)

Your buff uptime and usage:

My buff uptime and usage:

Now the most glaringly obvious thing here is your inconsistent usage of Havoc. There are times when you use it basically off cooldown and then there are periods where you just ignore it for almost a minute. That fight is one where Havoc is the real that Destruction really shines as it allows you to cleave Shadowburns to the boss or between adds from the big add, the spore shooters, or the fungus.

Next, why did you just use your second potion right after it came off the 1 minute cooldown? At that point you didn't have any trinkets up, you weren't in a Rejuvenating Spore, you had Dark Soul but that was about it. You should have held your second Dark Soul charge for 25 or so more seconds and you could have used it in a Rejuvenating spore with the potion (and had you been luckier on the opener with your DMF trinket procing you may have caught some of the Nightmare Fire proc during the second pot/spore/ds. You notice during mine I had a Spore, my DS, and my Sudden Clarity (Copeland's Clarity trinket) as well as squeezing in a Havoc at the end of it which was me Shadowburning the boss 3 times from the big add that was about to die.

Is there a reason you are using Mark of the Shattered Hand over Bleeding Hollow or the crit enchant? Myself personally I prefer Mastery gems and enchants as it allows me to more easily play Affliction and Demo due to those specs not valuing crit very well and the fact that Mastery is still a very good stat in general for Destruction, primarily with the usage of Havoc.

That encounter is a fairly high movement encounter and I see that you didn't cast rain of fire once. Rain of fire is a pretty piss poor ability most of the time but if you don't have anything else to cast and you are moving like 15 or so yards to get to a green or blue spore you may as well throw one down. Some damage > 0 damage.

If you have any questions in regards feel free to let me know. Overall on that specific encounter your biggest issue is proper Havoc usage and monitoring and just at a quick glance at your Normal Imperator Mar'gok wipes the same can be said for that encounter. If there are any other encounters you have specific questions in regards to feel free to respond back to this post or send me a private message.

Hello! I'm looking for any kind of advice to improve my Affliction deeps, as I parsed really really pathetically low tonight and am not entirely sure why. Can only blame so much on shard starvation.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Tulzscha/simple

-I'm using the crappy bleed enchant because I feel icky about putting a nice expensive enchant on a crummy blue weapon.
    -I just upgraded my belt to lvl 3 after raid, if that makes much difference.
    -The extra 2 ilvl I don't have equipped are from a 645 int+crit trinket and a 645 crit>multistrike staff. I don't like crit. >.> Would it be worth it to use these anyway? :/

Logs: www warcraftlogs.com/reports/cGvYWMnTDhpq1CKJ#type=damage-done&boss=-2&source=16

And some questions:
    1. What is the best way to open on Twin Ogron? Manually apply dots to each or Soul Swap to one?
    2. Similar question for Tectus - is it better to manually dot all the things or Soul Swap to each? Especially the Motes. How about using the Soul Swap glyph to take dots off the 2nd Shard and spreading 'em to its Motes?
    3. I tried to delay DS on Tectus for the Motes, since they're the most problematic part of the fight. Is this good? Or should it just be used off cd?
    4. Is there any boss in Highmaul where Soulburn: Haunt has a clear advantage over Demonic Servitude? I've tried it on Twins a couple times but I always seem to become shard starved and unable to keep the buff up 100% (only Haunting both bosses when DS is up generally).
    Last edited by Tulzscha; 2014-12-29 at 09:01 AM.

Is it my stats that my dps is low

am average 14.5k to 15k at 647ili

will upload warcraft logs once am done with boss

wowprogress.com/character/us/illidan/Mèditate
    Last edited by fryzz; 2014-12-30 at 08:11 PM.

There's a "Fix My DPS" thread at the top of this forum already. Read the first post and provide your answers there. No need to make a new thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...EAD-FIRST-POST

No Dot Uptime, no Shadowburn (especially on this fight, wtf), barely any chaos bolt damage, Looks like all you did was spamming immolates and incinerates.
    So, its not your stats, you play just as bad as it possibly gets. Now i know where this "im going oom as destro" voices are coming from.

Read a guide please..

edit: Ok, its time spend, not the damage breakdown. I maybe wrong with my statements, just post your logs in the thread Skygoneblue mentioned.

Chaos Bolt should be way more than 6% of your damage. Are you just not dumping embers? Use Havoc, use Shadowburn, keep 100% havoc uptime. Your simDPS is like 18k according to Wowprogress and on Margok it should be higher with proper use of Havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Chaos Bolt should be way more than 6% of your damage. Are you just not dumping embers? Use Havoc, use Shadowburn, keep 100% havoc uptime. Your simDPS is like 18k according to Wowprogress and on Margok it should be higher with proper use of Havoc.

I do use CB when i have an ember, i dont use SB as id rather use the embers for the chaos.

The havoc thingy is new to me, never used it. Will do it now.

Thank you very much for the heads up on the Havoc thingy

Quote Originally Posted by fryzz View Post
    I do use CB when i have an ember
    That's bad. You should save embers for when you have procs or Dark Soul up. Don't go higher than 3.5 though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryzz View Post
    i dont use SB as id rather use the embers for the chaos.
    I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.
    yeah yeah , i know. i dont either.

doing heroic ,butcher, lets see what happens now. will update soon

EDIT: ah so havoc only works on more then one , like a boss and ad, so havoc on kargath and butcher doesnt do anything . or am i wrong?
    Last edited by fryzz; 2014-12-30 at 09:16 PM.

You apply Havoc to a 2nd target. It has 3 charges. Most spells use 1 charge, however, Chaos Bolt uses all 3. When you cast a spell at a different target than the one Havoc is on it will use a charge (or 3 if it's Chaos Bolt) to copy the cast spell at the Havoc target.

So for example on Margok:
    Big ghost add spawns
    You use Havoc on Margok
    Switch to Ghost
    Your next 3 casts at the Ghost (or next single Chaos Bolt) will hit both the Ghost and Margok

If you use Glyph of Havoc (which is generally recommended) it doubles the charges of Havoc but increases the cooldown slightly. Apparently Glyph of Havoc is trash now.

So, yes, Havoc has very little use on Kargath or Butcher or Koragh. However, fights like Tectus, Twin Ogron, Brackenspore, or Margok it has a lot of use.

You should also not be casting Chaos Bolt every time you generate an Ember. You want to bank Embers (don't sit at more than 3.5 as said above) and dump them when you'll get the most damage out of them. So, when you have a trinket proc or Dark Soul is up or you are using your potion.
    A lot of people will use Glyph of Dark Soul and use Dark Soul every time they have 4 Embers so they have Dark Soul up for all 4 Chaos Bolts.
    Last edited by zvvl; 2015-01-01 at 04:30 AM.

You apply Havoc to a 2nd target. It has 3 charges. Most spells use 1 charge, however, Chaos Bolt uses all 3. When you cast a spell at a different target than the one Havoc is on it will use a charge (or 3 if it's Chaos Bolt) to copy the cast spell at the Havoc target.

So for example on Margok:
    Big ghost add spawns
    You use Havoc on Margok
    Switch to Ghost
    Your next 3 casts at the Ghost (or next single Chaos Bolt) will hit both the Ghost and Margok

If you use Glyph of Havoc (which is generally recommended) it doubles the charges of Havoc but increases the cooldown slightly.

So, yes, Havoc has very little use on Kargath or Butcher or Koragh. However, fights like Tectus, Twin Ogron, Brackenspore, or Margok it has a lot of use.
    well noted. Thanks

Hello mmo users. I am a struggling Destro Lock in need of assistance. My very good warlock friend has been trying to help me aswell, I would just like a few more opinions. I am currently at a 656 ilvl and I feel I can make improvements to my DPS. I have been told to keep my immolate up time closer to 100% and to save chaos bolts, havoc, incinerate for procs. While this is helpful, will it get me to where I need to be? How far off am I from other warlocks similar to me? So many questions that need to be answered. Please look at one of my logs and feel free to leave any kind of advice. Thank you! My warlocks name is Ulqiorra.

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/pbqt6PByFX3J9mzC#fight=10&type=auras&source=3
    Last edited by Felfire Ulqiorra; 2014-12-31 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire Ulqiorra View Post
    Hello mmo users. I am a struggling Destro Lock in need of assistance. My very good warlock friend has been trying to help me aswell, I would just like a few more opinions. I am currently at a 656 ilvl and I feel I can make improvements to my DPS. I have been told to keep my immolate up time closer to 100% and to save chaos bolts, havoc, incinerate for procs. While this is helpful, will it get me to where I need to be? How far off am I from other warlocks similar to me? So many questions that need to be answered. Please look at one of my logs and feel free to leave any kind of advice. Thank you! My warlocks name is Ulqiorra.

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/pbqt6PByFX3J9mzC#fight=10&type=auras&source=3
    I would suggest going up a couple posts and reading my reply to the other individual that was asking for Destro advice because much of it applies to you as well. Extremely inconsistent and incorrect usage of Havoc & used second potion and second set of cooldowns right before the blue mushroom.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

Is there a reason you have 1 mastery & 1 crit gem while using a crit weapon enchant in the log but a mastery on your armory, mastery cloak enchant, and crit ring/neck enchants?

Deleted
    If you use Glyph of Havoc (which is generally recommended) it doubles the charges of Havoc but increases the cooldown slightly.
    You what, mate? It's an awful glyph on all fights except for Ko'Ragh. And even then it's debatable

I'd say that an L2P issue. I did that amount of DPS @ single target pre 600 ilvl in WoD heroic dungeons.