Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondraki View Post
    Hi
    According to the simulationcraft i should have DPS about 32,972. I have 23,868. Simulation with 500s lenght fight, 2 targets, 100ms ping, good skill. Char from armory (but with Grimoire of Supremacy, not a Grimoire of Synergy)
    To my great regret, i can't give a direct link for a logs (a new user(), they are on the warcraftlogs[dot]com, "Поезд на Мемфис" guild, logs for a 22 january, my nick is "Кондраки". I'm very sorry for the inconvenience

Rotation is:
    -2s - pre-potion
    -2s shadowbolt
    0s - corruption (bloodlust) on two ogrons
    Terrorguard, hand of gul'dan, shadowbolt, hand of gul'dan, so next is standart rotation (soulfire by proc and filling shadowbolt) up to 840 demonic fury, then metamorphosis, doom, (dark soul+trinket+kil'jaeden's cunning) 4 demonbolt, exit to normal form and from start.

So, i tried test a new rotation for a mannequins (with Grimoire of Synergy):
    pre-cast of soulfire, then metamorphosis, two demonbolts with dark soul+trinket+KC) and then traditional.
    it helped me to up dps for a 2k, but..

So, can you help me?
    Apologies for not being as thorough as possible. Warcraftlogs is not translating certain tabs.

Almost none of your uses of hand of guldan are timed correctly to generate a two-stack of shadowflame. Read back over this section of the guide to make sure you understand it, or look at some of my previous posts in the last page or so.

At the start of the fight you waited until you had enough fury for 4 demonbolts. This is not recommended because you miss out on casting demonbolts during the first 20s of the fight when all of your buffs are procing and you have a potion. Read up on the 2x demonbolt opener and practice making that happen.

You only cast 9 demonbolts during the fight. When your rotation is tight and your opener correct you should be getting 10-14 in this fight length. Of note, you sat at 1000 fury for 30 seconds shortly after heroism was used. It's important that you are never letting this happen.

There is no reason to use KJC on a fight like butcher. You should be using AD to make it easier to line up DS with each demonbolt cycle.
    Last edited by zey; 2015-01-26 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    Apologies for not being as thorough as possible. Warcraftlogs is not translating certain tabs.

Almost none of your uses of hand of guldan are timed correctly to generate a two-stack of shadowflame. Read back over this section of the guide to make sure you understand it, or look at some of my previous posts in the last page or so.

At the start of the fight you waited until you had enough fury for 4 demonbolts. This is not recommended because you miss out on casting demonbolts during the first 20s of the fight when all of your buffs are procing and you have a potion. Read up on the 2x demonbolt opener and practice making that happen.

You only cast 9 demonbolts during the fight. When your rotation is tight and your opener correct you should be getting 10-14 in this fight length. Of note, you sat at 1000 fury for 30 seconds shortly after heroism was used. It's important that you are never letting this happen.

There is no reason to use KJC on a fight like butcher. You should be using AD to make it easier to line up DS with each demonbolt cycle.
    Oh, that I need to apologize for the inconvenience %)
    I tried opener with mannequins, so i will try today in raidtime %)
    About a hand of guldan... maybe i incorrectly configured tellmewhen, so i will read the guide and experimenting
    About a KJC, i know, just dealt with ogrons i understand, what this talent is not optimal for most fights.
    Thank you for advices! I will try and tell you all about the result
    p.s. and sorry for bad language %)

Hi,

I posted this earlier but no one commented and the post went on so I figured I'd give it a third try.

I recently leveled a warlock and I've been following the Demonology guide that's stickied on this forum and I think I've gotten an "okay" grasp of the class.

However, I am not satisfied with okay. I wan't to improve and I know that you will see my log and point out good stuff that I completely missed or just neglected to see as important as I should.

Please be extremely honest when dissecting my log and tell me what I need to do to be able to perform my best.

Im using the traditional opener from the Demoguide by Woz.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2 -

Im Tigrianah.
    Last edited by baddetiger; 2015-01-26 at 06:18 PM.
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

Deleted
    Hi!

I have some problems during imperator in Highmaul, and i am doing a bit over 17k dps, whilst on a nice fight as butcher i dish out around 25k on my affliction warlock.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/y4mZvV97pRfWJKQk#fight=4

(I am Parasitic)

and the one i was curious about is the first try, when i was at 18~k dps, i missed summoning my doomguard the 2nd try

here are some logs and i would really appreciate the help.
    we killed the boss with me as demo, even though I did really bad dps anyways.

Thanks Alot!
    Last edited by mmoc59d2cce220; 2015-01-26 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokirisan View Post
    Hi!

I have some problems during imperator in Highmaul, and i am doing a bit over 17k dps, whilst on a nice fight as butcher i dish out around 25k on my affliction warlock.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/y4mZvV97pRfWJKQk#fight=4

(I am Parasitic)

and the one i was curious about is the first try, when i was at 18~k dps, i missed summoning my doomguard the 2nd try

here are some logs and i would really appreciate the help.
    we killed the boss with me as demo, even though I did really bad dps anyways.

Thanks Alot!
    Drain soul adds to get additional shards
    Fix a bit ur dot uptime on targets
    Imho its better to go destro/demo on imperator than affi.

Quote Originally Posted by baddetiger View Post
    Im Tigrianah.
    Your link is broken

Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    Your link is broken
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/r6pA9B7CgQvamX2j - this is a new one, our first mythic twins. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited by baddetiger; 2015-01-27 at 06:38 PM.
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

Hi guys!

I'm trying my way around demo on our heroic-farm runs. I feel so clunky and I know with my ilvl that I should be way higher on the dps-list than I am at the moment...

Here's the logs from this night's raid, I went demo on all except last two, if anyone could give me some pointers that would be great!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vqhcZ3aWTMYkG4bL/

I know I screwed up pretty bad on twins, dbm figured it would stop working and as I'm still learning demo I had some troubles since I had to focus alot more on the fight without dbm

I'm the only lock in there, Raano
    Last edited by Diamonium; 2015-01-28 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Hello fellow warlocks!

I have been playing Demo for about a week or so and I would love to get some pointers on anything majorly wrong I am doing. Apologies for unable to post with links.

I am going try to do as much work providing all the necessary info and trying to do as much comparison myself.
    This is analysis of heroic bosses and I went to rankings and pulled similar length fights.

My main issue seems demonic fury management:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=resources&fight=11&source=1&spell=115
    vs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9Fn3G12AkwpXZMH#fight=13&type=resources&source=203&spell=115

I guess from here I can see I need to do a lot more Soul Fires.

Tectus me:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=damage-done&fight=11&source=1

Tectus others:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9Fn3G12AkwpXZMH#fight=13&type=damage-done&source=203
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xK2c4GhYaDJptRvL#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=38
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZdCybAaDgY32mXnk#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=14&translate=true

Seems I am missing about 1 mil doom damage, about 1 mil chaos wave damage, 1 mil touch of chaos damage

Twins me:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=damage-done&fight=13&source=1

Twins others:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/9B3y17RnzbxfVKLh#fight=36&type=damage-done&source=33
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/HDvfXbZF2m9rgjAc#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=118
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/VdjtpW62DyK9QqmA#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=17

Seems I need to work on corruption uptime (at least from demonic fury generation), low demonbolt total,
    little more soul fire and little more doom

Again thanks for pointing me the big mistakes.

Deleted
    I dont have permission to post links first so you have to manually add the link in the edd to your browser - I'm sorry!

Alright. As with all the others I have been trying out Demonology.
    For 10 years I have been playing Affliciton so it's a pretty big turnaround but I want to feel more comfortable and perform better. Here is screenshot of my damage from tonights Mythic Brackenspore kill. It was pretty clean and we had decent mushrooms so I feel I should've done better (pics will come later I hope...).

Could you give me a hint of what to change?
    The logs are here: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-awnuorbqiwcinmg1/sum/damageDone/?s=6008&e=6507
    Last edited by mmoc032dbcba30; 2015-01-28 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted

Help our Lock

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if any kind souls can help one of our raiders,

A bit of backround I help co-lead raids and we had too many healers on our roster so one of them kindly agreed to switch to DPS, he's a great guy and always open to feedback just I personally have never played a lock and would like to get him some help as his DPS is on the low side. I'm also pretty clueless at analysing the logs (which is something i intend on improving)

The logs from our Imperator kill are here and the character is Naanu: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...um/damageDone/

We're a 2 night a week casual guild so none of us expect bleeding edge awesome but rather than be those guys that drop him from the roster or call him out I want to get him some pointers as he's a decent person and has tried to help the guild by switching roles.

Thanks in advance.

Edited due to error, correct info in a more recent post.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-01-29 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Agony 1814 6009.7 51.1 % #
    Corruption 517 5848.5 49.7 % #
    Unstable Affliction 509 5375.4 45.7 % #

All 3 of those DoTs should by 90% uptime at minimum, 95% if he ever wants to think about something more than LFR or Normal.

Drain Soul 999 2277.5 19.4 % #
    Thus the question becomes: what the hell is he doing if not applying DoTs or casting Drain Soul.
    Does he wand the boss (he doesn't even have a wand)?

#Edit: Ah those number are not from the kill, they seem to be from the whole parse including the downtime between pulls:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10721&e=11390

Agony 98.7 %
    Corruption 97.0 %
    Unstable Affliction 85.9 %
    Drain Soul 33.9 %

And the numbers are mostly the same for the wipes.
    Last edited by banur; 2015-01-29 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    @Banur The answer i guess to the question is.. he's learning a new character for the benefit of the guild which i cannot fault, granted he's obviously making some cardinal sin errors to more experienced locks but that's the whole point of learning and taking on board feedback.. you become better.

@Slicer, many thanks for the constructive critique i'll certainly pass it on, based on your observations i'm perhaps thinking a DoT tracker is not in use and should be so i'll take a look in the Lock addon section for that. I will also check out warcraftlogs as a better alternative to WoL.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
    @Banur The answer i guess to the question is.. he's learning a new character for the benefit of the guild which i cannot fault, granted he's obviously making some cardinal sin errors to more experienced locks but that's the whole point of learning and taking on board feedback.. you become better.
    Which wouldn't be the problem if those uptimes were from a single pull. As said Drain Soul would be only two minutes and the DoTs would be 5.5 minutes which would mean that for those 9 minutes he would stand around and occasionally apply a DoT then walk away for the last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Thus the question becomes: what the hell is he doing if not applying DoTs or casting Drain Soul.
    Does he wand the boss (he doesn't even have a wand)?

#Edit: Ah those number are not from the kill, they seem to be from the whole parse including the downtime between pulls:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10721&e=11390

Agony 98.7 %
    Corruption 97.0 %
    Unstable Affliction 85.9 %
    Drain Soul 33.9 %

And the numbers are mostly the same for the wipes.
    Edit: NVM, yeah I see what it is. I was looking at % of damage done, not the up time. Been a long time since I've looked at worldoflogs. His Drain Soul and UA uptime are still too low though and I still don't see any attacks for his pet. Running Demonic Servitude his pet should be doing about 50% of his damage.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-01-29 at 11:04 AM.

Help me improve on demo-fights?

First of: I tried posting the very same question in the help my dps-thread, but with tons of others asking my post prob won't get a reply :/

I'm trying my way around demo on our heroic-farm runs. I feel so clunky and I know with my ilvl that I should be way higher on the dps-list than I am at the moment...

Here's the logs from this night's raid, I went demo on all except last two, if anyone could give me some pointers that would be great!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vqhcZ3aWTMYkG4bL/

I know I screwed up pretty bad on twins, dbm figured it would stop working and as I'm still learning demo I had some troubles since I had to focus alot more on the fight without dbm

I'm the only lock in there, Raano

I'd love some pointers if anyone could help me out?

Deleted
    Guys,

I was just comparing the log Slicer gave with our guildies actual Imp Kill log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10721&e=11390

His DoT time (if im reading it right) was actually pretty good on Corruption & Agony 97% & 98% - Unstable Affliction was low though 85%

His Drainsoul also shows as 33% uptime which is a source or improvement required.

Am i misreading the logs or not understanding the feedback because whilst there's clearly room for improvement the gap in DPS is greater than I would thought based on the above (and my non existent lock mechanic understanding) ?

Thanks

#EDIT: Ah i see Banur saw the same thing on the better uptimes also.
    #EDIT2: @Slicer, on the link in this post and Banurs, i'm just looking at Damage by spell and the info is in there.
    Last edited by mmocdf8c291ff9; 2015-01-29 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
    Guys,

I was just comparing the log Slicer gave with our guildies actual Imp Kill log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10721&e=11390

His DoT time (if im reading it right) was actually pretty good on Corruption & Agony 97% & 98% - Unstable Affliction was low though 85%

His Drainsoul also shows as 33% uptime which is a source or improvement required.

Am i misreading the logs or not understanding the feedback because whilst there's clearly room for improvement the gap in DPS is greater than I would thought based on the above (and my non existent lock mechanic understanding) ?

Thanks
    No you're not, I misread it and corrected myself in my most recent post. But like I said in that post, he needs to increase his UA and Drain Soul up time and actually use his pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I still don't see any attacks for his pet. Running Demonic Servitude his pet should be doing about 50% of his damage.
    It appears only in the dropdown from the overview page: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10721&e=11390
    Clocks in at 3.3m damage.
    However I think the damage numbers overall are low. The other parse you had up showed damage for the DoTs well above 2.5m where they max out at 2.2m here.