Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Raano, I am at work at the moment so havent had a FULL analysis of your logs but a couple things i did notice.

Butcher Kill - No Doomguard.
    Tectus - I would use wrathguard here for better cleave, also i count only 5 Doom casts... that should be maintained on every single Mote / Shard. if it ticks just once its worth the cost/global. Your pets felstorm seems to have been used at inopportune times. Only 8 Hand of Guldan casts.

small tip to remove clunkiness - remember Hand of Guldan should always clip each other so only cast it when you have at least 1 charge and 4-5 seconds of the next charge.

one way to ensure this happens is to cast hand of guldan, then 2 globals.. can be anything, 2 sbolts, 1 SF 1 SB, corruption + SB... then always cast the next hand of guldan. it will become muscle memory after a short play.

make sure you get 3 demonbolts off the opening prepot.. 3.5seconds prepot and charge a SF into corruption (or doomguard first if this is when you pop him), Hog, sbolt, sbolt, Hog, then 3 demon bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    At work now, but I see you are the same ivlv as I am and I too had Highmaul HC yesterday, so you can directly compare our logs and find out the differences.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

If we compare logs for Kargath, which is almost a tank and spank fight on HC, I can see your Demonbolt cycles are weird... you start using it only 30 seconds in, which is a mistake, on pull you don't hoard 800 fury, but instead do the initial SB, Corr, HoG, SB, HoG and then blast off 2x DB + Doom... this is done like 10 seconds in, do not wait until 30 seconds in.

Then you do not use potions at all and you have used your trinket only once...

Finally, a thing I can't explain - you used only 14 Shadow Bolts... I find this one very weird... you do not cast Soul Fires without Molten Core I hope?

-------------

I can see the same pattern at Butcher too... your first Demonbolt happened 40 seconds in? Why? This hold-up results in you casting less Demonbolts as a whole due to debuff.

Also you entirely forgot to use Doomguard and again not used potions...

Finally here and above your doom uptime is poor at 80%, again because you try to delay popping into Meta on start because you wait for 800 fury on pull, which is very wrong and is a big DPS loss.

-------------

As for the advice above, you should aim for 2 Demonbolts + Doom initially, 3 requires too much delay and many of your buffs will fall off, such as Mastery buff from enchant, Ring buff and Synergy.

On the other hand if you use Grimoire of Supremacy and Glyph of Imp Swarm, then 3 Demonbolts + Doom initially make more sense.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-01-29 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondered if any kind souls can help one of our raiders,

A bit of backround I help co-lead raids and we had too many healers on our roster so one of them kindly agreed to switch to DPS, he's a great guy and always open to feedback just I personally have never played a lock and would like to get him some help as his DPS is on the low side. I'm also pretty clueless at analysing the logs (which is something i intend on improving)

The logs from our Imperator kill are here and the character is Naanu: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...um/damageDone/

We're a 2 night a week casual guild so none of us expect bleeding edge awesome but rather than be those guys that drop him from the roster or call him out I want to get him some pointers as he's a decent person and has tried to help the guild by switching roles.

Thanks in advance.
    Like what has already been said I'll try to touch on it a bit more:

Naanu: His DoT uptimes are very bad, he should be using some sort of DoT timer / WAs to track his DoTs to the very second. The uptimes on the log however are a bit misleading because he will lose percent uptime when Mar'gok goes immune during the transitions and he won't be able to reapply his DoTs. With that being said his actual uptimes look somewhere around 65-70%.

Opener: Affliction is all about the opener like it was in MoP. He should be trying to get his 5th Soul Shard, by hitting Soulburn before the pull timer. Soulburn lasts 30 seconds and refunds a shard at 10 seconds remaining on the buff if you aren't in combat. He should then be precasting Haunt, then using Agony -> Unstable Affliction -> Corruption -> Dark Soul/Racial CD/On Use Trinket -> Drain Soul. Since there is no snapshotting anymore he should only be refreshing DoTs when their timers are low / about to expire. Make sure he doesn't let Agony 10 stack fall since it is a huge DPS loss. When moving, for example transition phases / runes on ground he should be refreshing Agony / Corruption.

He also shouldn't be using Glyph of Dark Soul in any spec other than Demonology.

Haydra: His DoT uptimes are also very low but again as stated above they're maybe 10% more of what they actually are. He is also using Glyph of Dark Soul with Affliction which is a DPS loss.

Both of them could check out Cabana's Affliction Warlock Guide for more basic questions / general feedback about the spec. If they have problems with logs or anything of that nature just keep making threads or posting on here and we'll all try to help.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulca View Post
    Could you give me a hint of what to change?
    The logs are here: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-awnuorbqiwcinmg1/sum/damageDone/?s=6008&e=6507
    Best tip i can give u is stop using world of logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaxeey View Post
    Lets give a little bit better feedback in this thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulca View Post
    I dont have permission to post links first so you have to manually add the link in the edd to your browser - I'm sorry!

Alright. As with all the others I have been trying out Demonology.
    For 10 years I have been playing Affliciton so it's a pretty big turnaround but I want to feel more comfortable and perform better. Here is screenshot of my damage from tonights Mythic Brackenspore kill. It was pretty clean and we had decent mushrooms so I feel I should've done better (pics will come later I hope...).

Could you give me a hint of what to change?
    The logs are here: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-awnuorbqiwcinmg1/sum/damageDone/?s=6008&e=6507
    I would use Synergy on Brackenspore if you're going to play Demo, I've played it on a few kills but mostly Destro due to the Havoc SB opportunities. With that being said a couple more things I found:

Damage on Mind Fungus seems a bit low, I would recommend putting Corruptions on them if your guild isn't killing the ones that spawn no where the stacking group. You should also make sure you are using HoG properly, feels a bit low, maybe you let it sit on 2 stacks? Think of it like Conflagrate, every second it's at 2 stacks it's a DPS loss. Effective way to use it is use one charge, cast 2-3 spells dependent on Haste then clip the 2nd stack for a 2 stack 6 second HoG on the target.

Spore Shooter damage seems also a bit low, make sure you are applying Corruption to them and HoG if they are stacked up since the Fury gain is greater than putting it on Brackenspore, also make sure you are keeping Doom / Corruption up on both the Fungal add and the boss, lot of Fury loss there that you had. If the Spore Shooters are stacked up you could try to get the killing blow on them with Chaos Wave to gain some of that fury back. Also dependent on how your guild deals with the blue mushrooms, try to save a Demonbolt cycle for it, as well as an Imp Swarm. I always use Imp Swarm glyph because I like the synergy it has with the Demonbolt Demo playstyle, I get mine down to 80 seconds when standing in a blue mushroom, and I believe 22 seconds on Demonbolt.

Rotation looks good, Demo is all about fine tuning, if you make a mistake with Fury generation it is very costly and noticeable, just keep practicing I'm sure you'll get it, if you have anymore questions don't be shy to post and I or all the other talent Warlocks here on this forum will get to it ASAP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaxeey View Post
    There you go
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/hPXk8jW1mKVfndqF#fight=10&type=damage-done&source=1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Lets give a little bit better feedback in this thread please.

I would use Synergy on Brackenspore if you're going to play Demo, I've played it on a few kills but mostly Destro due to the Havoc SB opportunities. With that being said a couple more things I found:

Damage on Mind Fungus seems a bit low, I would recommend putting Corruptions on them if your guild isn't killing the ones that spawn no where the stacking group. You should also make sure you are using HoG properly, feels a bit low, maybe you let it sit on 2 stacks? Think of it like Conflagrate, every second it's at 2 stacks it's a DPS loss. Effective way to use it is use one charge, cast 2-3 spells dependent on Haste then clip the 2nd stack for a 2 stack 6 second HoG on the target.

Spore Shooter damage seems also a bit low, make sure you are applying Corruption to them and HoG if they are stacked up since the Fury gain is greater than putting it on Brackenspore, also make sure you are keeping Doom / Corruption up on both the Fungal add and the boss, lot of Fury loss there that you had. If the Spore Shooters are stacked up you could try to get the killing blow on them with Chaos Wave to gain some of that fury back. Also dependent on how your guild deals with the blue mushrooms, try to save a Demonbolt cycle for it, as well as an Imp Swarm. I always use Imp Swarm glyph because I like the synergy it has with the Demonbolt Demo playstyle, I get mine down to 80 seconds when standing in a blue mushroom, and I believe 22 seconds on Demonbolt.

Rotation looks good, Demo is all about fine tuning, if you make a mistake with Fury generation it is very costly and noticeable, just keep practicing I'm sure you'll get it, if you have anymore questions don't be shy to post and I or all the other talent Warlocks here on this forum will get to it ASAP.
    Amazing reply. Thank you.

Regarding spore shooters:
    I really like like I'm trying. Should I use HoG on them or just Cor + SB/SF? Or Only HoG if I am sure I can hit more tahn one Spore Shooter?

Bracken + Flest-Eater:
    Is it realistic to get both Doom and Cor on a 95%+ uptime on both targets? I see I only have 87% and 90%.. :s

Mind Fungus':
    We are killing Mind Funges' that are near blue + green mushroom so that they don't annoy us - but that means pretty much every single one goes down since they always spawn where we stand (at least it feels like that).

Noob questions:
    Do you always refresh Corruption with Touch of Chaos or manually? Maybe use ToC to refresh it if you don't have sufficient fury for the 4th DB? Or how do you do this?

Chaos Wave:
    Do I get fury back from this spell if I get a killing blow?!

One last thing: I fianlly got my UI to show numbers on my debuffs, so now I can better time when to pop into meta and start casting my DBs. That should make timing easier and eventually more uptime on DBs in meta.

Supremacy vs Synergy:
    Could you list which bosses you use Synergy on and vice versa (maybe including BRF and HM HC if that is not too much to ask?).

Also, thanks again for the reply.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

As for the advice above, you should aim for 2 Demonbolts + Doom initially, 3 requires too much delay and many of your buffs will fall off, such as Mastery buff from enchant, Ring buff and Synergy.

On the other hand if you use Grimoire of Supremacy and Glyph of Imp Swarm, then 3 Demonbolts + Doom initially make more sense.
    Sorry, no.

Why you are applying doom in the opener when it will not get a single tick until ALL of your buffs have faded, this is not mop anymore. You must prioritize damage within the opener and with demonbolt being such an enormous percentage of our dps it is foolish to suggest that denying an additional demonbolt with +1000int proc and potentially ring proc in favour of a dot with no frontloaded damage is beyond me.

It is absolutely possible to have 3 demonbolts in every single opener regardless of glyph choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaught View Post
    Sorry, no.

Why you are applying doom in the opener when it will not get a single tick until ALL of your buffs have faded, this is not mop anymore. You must prioritize damage within the opener and with demonbolt being such an enormous percentage of our dps it is foolish to suggest that denying an additional demonbolt with +1000int proc and potentially ring proc in favour of a dot with no frontloaded damage is beyond me.

It is absolutely possible to have 3 demonbolts in every single opener regardless of glyph choices.
    Mind linking some math / rotation order for the 3 Demonbolts? I don't see it happening with DS glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaught View Post
    Sorry, no.

To each their own I guess, I find such delay resulting in me missing both Synergy buff and Mastery enchant proc, it also results in a delay to both application of Doom and artificially extending the debuff (you spend more time without debuff generating Fury).

2x Demonbolt at start need as little as 240 fury to get going and with proper starter you will have 300 fury, which is exactly 2x DB and Doom... With 3 DB opener however you need a whopping 540 fury as you want to apply Doom asap as well... much harder to achieve and this delay guarantees you miss Synergy, Mastery enchant and Ring proc...

So basically as I see it - I'd rather get 2 guaranteed fully procced Demonbolts for 240 Fury cost and trigger debuff early, rather than do 3x much weaker Demonbolts for double the total fury cost.

Mind linking some math / rotation order for the 3 Demonbolts? I don't see it happening with DS glyph.
    Same here, i'm pretty sure that 3rd Demonbolt will go out with no mastery or ring proc

Not the "math" again, please. Also, it's described in the Demo guide, the 3 Demonbolt opener is really common.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2015-01-29 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,

Looking for some help to my friend. He swapped to Demo some days ago and I’d like some inputs to help him get a bit more damage. He’s the lowest ilvl on the raid, but I believe he can do better.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...luvie/advanced

Last Heroic farm: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...vLy8Qf#fight=1

Last Mythic Twin Kill:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks in advance.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

I'll just speak with regards to The Butcher log here since I see more wrong than simply no Doomguard:
    This is my latest Heroic Butcher parse, it's pretty good, I think: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23
    You have a 78% uptime on Doom. You should easily achieve over 90% on this as you just reapply it after dumping Demonbolts. I apply it in my opener, as Doom is a significant source of Damage. I wouldn't do a 3dbolt opener personally as I don't think it's worth not getting Doom up asap.

I also prefer to use Imp Swarm glyph on this fight. I use it in my opener with SoNothing, then when it's off CD immediately, this gives me a good deal of Soul Fire casts because I get them in opener, then in the middle with Imp Swarm and then at the end from the execute bonus. This may not be ideal but it seemed to work okay for me. In nearly one minute less on the fight I cast 2 less DBolts than you and had the same amount of Soul Fires.

Furty has said this before and I agree with him completely, Demonology (and Warlock in general) is about maximizing each GCD you have and minimizing mistakes. Each slight mistake (ie: not applying Doom and having to go back in Meta to do so) really adds up. So, you do need to do decision making on the fly. It also takes a lot of practice to get the most out of this spec, imo.

I did some napkin math and if you had cast your Doomguard you would have had something close to 30k DPS give or take a bit.

Hopefully this helps and isn't actually horribly misguided info.

You also didn't prepot or second pot!
    Last edited by zvvl; 2015-01-29 at 04:57 PM.

Like Strider said it's extremely possible to do 3 Demonbolts in your opener with the DS glyph.

With or without Imp Swarm glyphed you can do it you just kinda sit there for a second waiting for Fury sometimes for the 3rd Demonbolt. Regardless of what Grimoire you take if you use Doomguard on the pull you'll do just fine.

Soulfire (pre-cast)
    Doomguard
    Shards of Nothing (if equipped)
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Dark Soul
    Hand of Gul'dan
    -- Enter Meta --
    Doom
    Demonbolt
    Demonbolt
    Lifetap (sometimes have to wait for the 240 Fury to tick over)
    Demonbolt

If you have to wait more than 2 seconds for the Fury of the third Demonbolt just forgo it during Dark Soul and either:
    - Continue with the rotation until Demonbolt is back available or
    - Pop out of Meta, cast a Soulfire or two to generate the Fury needed for the third Demonbolt, go into Meta and cast the third Demonbolt then continue with your day

I've been doing this since forever and it works just fine.

You can do either the two or three Demonbolt cycle in the opener and be OK. I prefer the three Demonbolt cycle since it covers the whole duration of Dark Soul and just lines up Demonbolt with Dark Soul a bit better since if you do the two Demonbolt cycle in the opener you run into an overflow of Fury you need to spend before your second Demonbolt cycle is happening.

If you want some kind of empirical evidence that you can do the three Demonbolt cycle in the opener you can look here which is the first minute of a Heroic Butcher I did last night.

00:00:06.911 Knot casts Dark Soul: Knowledge -- When I cast Dark Soul
    00:00:14.305 Knot casts Demonbolt on The Butcher -- Third Demonbolt
    00:00:15.662 Knot casts Soul Fire on The Butcher -- I even get a Soul Fire cast off before Dark Soul wears off
    Last edited by Woz; 2015-01-29 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Soulfire (pre-cast)
    Doomguard
    Shards of Nothing (if equipped)
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Dark Soul
    Hand of Gul'dan
    -- Enter Meta --
    Doom
    Demonbolt
    Demonbolt
    Lifetap (sometimes have to wait for the 240 Fury to tick over)
    Demonbolt
    I really dont know how you manage to get enough fury for 3 dbs and doom, just testet exactly what you did and i end up with like 30 fury after my SECOND db so i would have to wait like .. years for enough fury for the third

//edith: just viewed your log file, you did not list imp swarm - no swarm glyph - no third db - i'm fine again

greetings
    Last edited by Fyla; 2015-01-29 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyla View Post
    I really dont know how you manage to get enough fury for 3 dbs and doom, just testet exactly what you did and i end up with like 30 fury after my SECOND db so i would have to wait like .. years for enough fury for the third

//edith: just viewed your log file, you did not list imp swarm - no swarm glyph - no third db - i'm fine again

greetings
    It's also a bit different in raid as well. In raids you can still cast 3 without Imp Swarm but it is a bit different. Nimynn in my guild doesn't like using Imp Swarm at all but he has very similar DPS results with a slightly modified opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Not the "math" again, please. Also, it's described in the Demo guide, the 3 Demonbolt opener is really common.
    It is a hotly discussed topic actually, I believe 2 DBs to be superior due to no delays max chance for full procs.

I believe 3DB is a loss, because with procs your first and second DB on pull are effectively second and third DB damage wise... you lose this with 3DB and basically end up paying double fury for what you could get before plus one shitty DB.

Please help me to understand how I can improve !

Here's what happened. I am ilvl 667 ( Armory Link here ) and was feeling good about my gear and progress with Demo thus far until that one guy in LFR knocked the bottom out of the skada report. I grabbed his name and found his armory and logs and quickly started trying to find out how he is able to do so well.

Let me explain one more thing. I used their older logs to make a fair comparison to mine since his ilvl was about 8 lvl higher than mine at the time of the lfr event that I described above. What I found though was that he was still doing about 3-4k more dps than I at the same ilvl. Other than me using synergy and him using supremacy I can't find much more of a difference. I do see that his DB's crit for more.. are we talking RNG?

Using the butcher fight as an example: Warcraft logs below

My Logs: Here

His Logs: Here

Feel Free to explore my other logs if it helps.

Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by thenightowl; 2015-01-29 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raano View Post
    First of: I tried posting the very same question in the help my dps-thread, but with tons of others asking my post prob won't get a reply :/

I'm trying my way around demo on our heroic-farm runs. I feel so clunky and I know with my ilvl that I should be way higher on the dps-list than I am at the moment...

Here's the logs from this night's raid, I went demo on all except last two, if anyone could give me some pointers that would be great!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vqhcZ3aWTMYkG4bL/

I know I screwed up pretty bad on twins, dbm figured it would stop working and as I'm still learning demo I had some troubles since I had to focus alot more on the fight without dbm

I'm the only lock in there, Raano

I'd love some pointers if anyone could help me out?
    Just a small addendum to the whole 3-demonbolts in opener thing. Personally I get 3 DBs in the opener, but that is only with bloodlust, following this prio (idk if it is suboptimal, but it gives pretty ok results imo).

• Soulfire
    • Pet attack at 1.2s
    • Hand of Gul'dan
    • Terrorguard
    • Corruption
    • Shadow Bolt / Soul Fire
    • Hand of Gul'dan
    • Metamorphosis
    • Doom
    • Dark Soul (Important: wait for Doom GCD to pass)
    • Wrathstorm
    • Demonbolt
    • Demonbolt
    • Shadowbolt x4-5
    • Metamorphosis
    • Demonbolt (this is why you wait for Doom GCD to pass before you activate Dark Soul, as the only time left from Metamorphosis CD is over till DS is over, is the time you waited between Doom and Demonbolt before you used DS. My DB cast time under opener-conditions with BL is 1.28s, so that's all the time I need).

And on that note, I am moving this thread back into the Fix My DPS thread. It'll be total anarchy if the rules aren't equal for everyone.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2015-01-29 at 05:52 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is a hotly discussed topic actually, I believe 2 DBs to be superior due to no delays max chance for full procs.

I believe 3DB is a loss, because with procs your first and second DB on pull are effectively second and third DB damage wise... you lose this with 3DB and basically end up paying double fury for what you could get before plus one shitty DB.
    I agree, I like the 2DB opener better.