Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Yea i haven't had much trouble on any other fights other then blackhand. It was the first night ever doing him so i was still learning the movement of the fight. I should be able to line up procs better now that i know the phases better. We should have some pulls on him tonight if not kill him so i'll post those logs if we do. Seeing those SF's outside of meta and procs made me ashamed to call myself a lock That's number 1 no no!
    Well last night i did pretty much terrible on this fight. I couldnt find any time really to take advantage of mc procs during phase 1. I have been looking at the top lock log for my ilvl on this fight and his parse is drastically different then what i am trying to do. He didn't use any mc procs until phase 2, he relied heavily on ToC during phase 1/2 mostly and then mc procs phase 2/3. He saved DS procs (after opener) for phase 2 and later. I'll try this priority Sunday and see what happens. Here is his log warcraftlogs.com/reports/FTXbayPmc8B6tN7q#fight=17&type=damage-done

Restitution, apart from during Demolition why are you having so many issues casting in the first phase? In addition, do you move from every little pile? Of course that all depends on what your guild does. If you find yourself having to run around chasing the boss then it sounds like you are too far away and not taking advantage of your instant casts to keep moving position. If I don't bleed then I tend to be full on fury by the time the second Demo comes along (great time to DS!).

Personally I am trying to do as few as possible ToC casts. However, it beats doing nothing if you really have to move far. Apart from the big red circles the rest are just a sidestep (unless you do the run as a group thing but that's for mythic).

I haven't actually killed him yet on heroic but on the second phase I tend to make sure I am close to the tank (metal one) when MoD is due. Once it has gone out you then have quite a while of uninterrupted casting time and moving on instants before you have to get back in range for the next marks.

Phase 3 nothing much to say really apart from make good use of your personal portal and leap.

Good luck and I hope you get the kill
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-16 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Restitution, apart from during Demolition why are you having so many issues casting in the first phase? In addition, do you move from every little pile? Of course that all depends on what your guild does. If you find yourself having to run around chasing the boss then it sounds like you are too far away and not taking advantage of your instant casts to keep moving position. If I don't bleed then I tend to be full on fury by the time the second Demo comes along (great time to DS!).

Personally I am trying to do as few as possible ToC casts. However, it beats doing nothing if you really have to move far. Apart from the big red circles the rest are just a sidestep (unless you do the run as a group thing but that's for mythic).

I haven't actually killed him yet on heroic but on the second phase I tend to make sure I am close to the tank (metal one) when MoD is due. Once it has gone out you then have quite a while of uninterrupted casting time and moving on instants before you have to get back in range for the next marks.

Phase 3 nothing much to say really apart from make good use of your personal portal and leap.

Good luck and I hope you get the kill

Yea I am basically moving non stop during phase 1 it seems. Not due to range issues but due to avoiding the swirls, big and small. In between demolitions, i find myself just spamming SB and HoG trying to build up fury but it i typically get one meta phase + DS burn after the 3rd Demolition. That's how long it takes to build fury during that phase due to how little i cast during demolition itself. I make sure to keep dots up and cast when not in a swirl but often have to interrupt cast to avoid the swirl as it spawns mid cast blah blah. I'm not expecting to pull 40k during phase 1 but low- mid 20's is just awful so its obvious i'm doing that phase entirely wrong. I'v started standing still and soaking a few of the small swirls so i can get more SB's out for fury gen. I run the passive 30% damage reduction to help with the soak. I also need to not use CW during that phase and use HoG instead for the fury gen. I'v been looking at tons of logs and looking at casts during that phase. I have a much better idea of what to do but only pulls will determine how well i can execute it lol. Phase 2 is fine and phase 3 should be also but phase 1 is a bitch -_-.

I'v also updated my weakauras to better display my GSR proc and Legendary proc so that i can switch to meta and MC/ToC during them which i havent been really paying attention to.

Thanks for the reply Restitution. Have you watched some videos? There are several that I have watched on Youtube from prominent locks which may help you have a better idea of how to do things. It sounds like you are on the right track with HoGs and the like though and now just to see it in practice

Is your opener correct? Because that insane burst is where the majority of my damage seems to come from and it tides me well over until I shoot up again on the second DS and/or tanks. I think that we only have 2 Demolitions though so the longer your phase takes the more you will drop.

Thanks for the reply Restitution. Have you watched some videos? There are several that I have watched on Youtube from prominent locks which may help you have a better idea of how to do things. It sounds like you are on the right track with HoGs and the like though and now just to see it in practice

Is your opener correct? Because that insane burst is where the majority of my damage seems to come from and it tides me well over until I shoot up again on the second DS and/or tanks. I think that we only have 2 Demolitions though so the longer your phase takes the more you will drop.
    Yea our dps as whole is a bit under par for phase 1. It'll come up with practice on the movement i'm sure. We are getting closer to 2 demo phases instead of 3. My opener usually gets screwed up due to tank pulling to soon but i'v already taken care of that before next raid night. I'll definitely watch some videos of phase 1. If i can leave that phase is relative decent dps, i should be fine after that as my dps usually climbs a lot during phase 2.

Guys, can you help me with my ST DPS? It is extremely low in no reason for that.
    There is my logs on mythic gruul, I can't see mistakes in them, but 38.9k is extremely low.
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/v8rywa3QKzAbCc4k#fight=14&type=summary&source=1
    MrRobot link: askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/howling_fjord/%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%81
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%83%D1%89%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D1%84%D1%8C%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B4/%D0%94%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%81/advanced

As a very quick starter Dimonas your HoG stacking is almost non-existant and your opener is pretty low. Your meta SF usage out of DS needs to be with your best buffs. You shouldn't be casting SF in caster until pre-execute. Your ToC usage appears very high. Check out different guides for these things and hopefully that will help.

Deleted
    Hi,

Can you please take a look at my log? i dont know why my performance is so low. Im trying to do everything as you mentioned in your workshop/guide. Can you please tell me whats wrong lets say on gruul fight example?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adowsil/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Yea our dps as whole is a bit under par for phase 1. It'll come up with practice on the movement i'm sure. We are getting closer to 2 demo phases instead of 3. My opener usually gets screwed up due to tank pulling to soon but i'v already taken care of that before next raid night. I'll definitely watch some videos of phase 1. If i can leave that phase is relative decent dps, i should be fine after that as my dps usually climbs a lot during phase 2.
    Alright so we did another progression night on Blackhand and i tried to focus on taking advantage of procs and such. Out of all this fights, i finished this fight at the highest but my average was 30.5k which is still low for my ilvl but i still have a 670 weapon so i expect to be mid 30's or slightly higher. Can you take a look at my log now to see if it's gotten any better?
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/RctbFyqQxC7NfAzH/#fight=13

I had a very quick look and seems like you are doing better Restitution.

Your opener is pretty good though you perhaps went back into Meta a little late (and/or casted DS too early) as 2 SF casts were after DS (though you probably still had your potion up).

On your 2nd DS you went in with full fury but only managed 6 SFs during the 20 seconds and spent a lot of time ToCing. Perhaps you had to move but otherwise you could have waited for more MC procs before DS.

On your 3rd DS you went in with about 400 fury. You seemed to have 6 SF casts but then had to spend the rest in caster with HoG, Corruption and SBs.

Basically, at least in that log, you are not using your best buff to its full advantage.

I think there were 5 unbuffed meta SFs. 7 caster SFs pre-execute.

Do you have an idea of kill time? Just be careful that you don't miss a GoServ as one pull was 6:41 however you are right in saving one for the execute.

Good luck with your kill! You are close I think.

In addition to playing well a lot of the best parses are actually down to excellent RNG and lots on the adds and/or tanks so don't worry too much about rankings etc.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-20 at 02:19 PM.

I had a very quick look and seems like you are doing better Restitution.

Your opener is pretty good though you perhaps went back into Meta a little late (and/or casted DS too early) as 2 SF casts were after DS (though you probably still had your potion up).

On your 2nd DS you went in with full fury but only managed 6 SFs during the 20 seconds and spent a lot of time ToCing. Perhaps you had to move but otherwise you could have waited for more MC procs before DS.

On your 3rd DS you went in with about 400 fury. You seemed to have 6 SF casts but then had to spend the rest in caster with HoG, Corruption and SBs.

Basically, at least in that log, you are not using your best buff to its full advantage.

I think there were 5 unbuffed meta SFs. 7 caster SFs pre-execute.

Do you have an idea of kill time? Just be careful that you don't miss a GoServ as one pull was 6:41 however you are right in saving one for the execute.

Good luck with your kill! You are close I think.

In addition to playing well a lot of the best parses are actually down to excellent RNG and lots on the adds and/or tanks so don't worry too much about rankings etc.
    Yea i just reviewed a few more parses, including the top one, and the guy had 8 howling procs to my 4 and 7 legendary procs to my 4. My RNG sucks to say the least lol. I am similar to others though that fall around the 36k dps range which is where i expect to be. I noticed the issues you stated above when i was doing the fight but just shit luck. The SF's in caster were due to either procs/ds still up but no fury or i had 9/10 mc procs so i burned off a few to keep from capping. I focused hard on maintaining HoG and dots for fury gen and trying to time DS burns. My dps was consistently higher so that's progress. Just need to time things a bit better and should be fine. I also have a feeling those parses sky rocket in phase 3 do to execute of doomguards and just the outright monster damage demo does sub 20%. I haven't gotten there yet so curious to see what i end up as. I did have a chaos wave hit for 218k last night...i pooped my pants lol.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Greetings!
    Unfortunately, I don't have a log or a screenshot of my combat, cause I'm posting this from another PC, so please bare with me, I'll try to be as explicit as possible.
    Here is my armory - Armory link
    So we're currently struggling with Darmac Mythic and my DPS looks a lot lower than that of 2 other warlocks with identical talents. At first I was trying to Cata the ads with the boss and maintain HoG on boss+ads when possible. This resulted in me being about 20k dps behind those two warlocks. Then I looked at what they're doing and saw that top damaging ability is Chaos Wave. So I tried pooling Chaos Waves for trash and at first it looked like I guessed correctly, I was able to keep on par with them and sometimes out-damage. But my DPS gradually decreases throughout the fight.
    So, to put it simple, please advise a proper opener for Darmac Mythic and general DPS strategy for that boss. Should I try to keep my DoTs on all of the spears? Should I Cata in or out of Metamorphosis to keep Corruption on the ads for Tier-17 4pc proc? I did try to ask them what exactly are they doing, but they just ignored me. Looking for Warlock PoV videos also didn't help. You're my last hope
    Sorry for the lack of data and thanks in advance.

Are the adds a problem then Lolgo or are you a designated AoEer? As pretty much everything that I have read says go full boss damage.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a designated AoEer. But in our messy setup pretty much everyone tries to cheese some damage out of those ads

Deleted
    Can someone help me with my log and provide answer what could be done better to achieve better dps?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9

I had already looked Drac and to be honest I didn't really find anything so if there is something it is beyond my skills as a log reader. I was hoping that someone else would have replied.

Are you convinced then that you actually played that badly? I know how some locks say we can be top on ST fights but that at least is not what the (public) logs generally show https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#boss=1691 Did you have to move a lot? You got the Petrify 5 times I think so that's not going to help. Your kill time at least compared to ranked people is longer so that will decrease your dps as well.

Ok a few very minor things when I compared you to other parses of your length. Your Chaos Waves average damage seemed to be much lower than the majority of logs that I looked at. Were you correct in casting them?

You didn't have many caster SFs compared to some however you had a lot of meta SFs in execute instead.

You only had 4 ToC casts. While this could be seen as great were you moving and casting nothing at any time? Have a look at your casts during 5:19-5:31. There's not much going on and of course this is during execute.

Your GSR didn't proc that much. You only got 2 extra HoGs. Nothing wanted to proc during execute when you were doing a lot of dumping.

Opener, DoT uptimes, HoG stacking, SF during DS, potion use, Berserking use all seem fine.

It seemed that you dumped some Meta SFs on a haste proc (it may have just been a coincidence). As far as I am aware though you are far better saving that as a fury generation tool.

Edit: All your meta SFs were with damage procs: Good job!

Just be a little careful that you do not cast Grimoire/potion too early. 4:40 GoServ, 4:42 Potion then Caster SFx2, HogG, 4:47 Meta 4:48 DS.

Like I said before these are all minor points. The bad stuff either isn't really there or it is hidden very well and someone else needs to take a look.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-21 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks Spikeyshadow

Yup there wasnt too much moving for me, im using circle to get into correct position for purify, but for fire orbs i had to just move a little, a kinda had some luck with overhead smashes that i often life tap then. Ofc there was some spots were i was doing nothing and i could cast that ToC. Thats good point.

That 5:19-5:31 its rly strange and i dont know why i was slacking there but thanks for pointing this i will try to perform better this week.
    If i ever duped some SF i think its beacuse i was at 9-10 stacks so i had to.
    In Execution i throw some unbuffed SF in meta because its still better than caster form right? ;] but i cant see where you found 10 unbuffed before execution? im trying to cast sf in ring/weapon/trinket(crit)/ds buff

Im always casting chaos weave in last second of opener procs and there only if i get good opportunity to do so. Maybe my gear lowers avg damage ?

ToC is advised against but it does beat casting nothing if you have already eliminated all of your other instant possibilities.

I'm guessing as you didn't have any casted spells you were probably moving for something or other during that 5:19+ section . Ultimately for people who do not play like robots living will take priority sometimes so if you happen to lose a little dps that is ok as long as you don't die!

Anyhow I decided to look a little deeper into your "non-active" times. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=9&view=events Ah it didn't save my stuff but just above the chart go through and click on each of the casts except any that are off the GCD and HoG Ready. So can you see those blank spots on the chart? Not sure how familiar with you are with WCL but if you click and drag over those sections it will zoom in and then you can see what you casted. Now it is possible that perhaps you are doing something that isn't being recorded/shown in WCL as I do not know if it records absolutely everything but from looking at other peoples' logs I tend to think that more you are moving trying to avoid things and forgetting about dps. If you wanted you could actually watch the replay and see if you are moving at the time. So just as a very rough example say there are 10 of those spots lasting 4 seconds each then that is 40 seconds and you can fit a lot of ToCs/SBs into that. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable can comment on this though.

I realise sort of what I am talking about is something called CPM or casts per minute https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=9&by=target It was something I came across yesterday in another thread. Might be worth keeping an eye on but your result will change depending on whether you are ToCing or SBing for example so I do not know how much of a guide this number really is.

Yes you want to finish the fight empty of fury so don't think I was saying don't cast SF then and your fury management seems pretty good

By the way you are absolutely correct that you casted your Meta SFs under procs. During the BLs/TWs (and you had 2 in the middle probably for the dead people) the procs do not show properly and I forgot about that. Apologies for my mistake and now the big blue bits have gone the graphs look perfect now!

Yes you may be right about the CWs I didn't look that deeply into it hence I only asked do you think you should have casted them. Mostly I was comparing you to much better geared players and perhaps they also got lucky with Crits and MS etc too.

So yeah some gaps in activity (maybe) and I think unlucky timing of your procs are the main issues at least that I can see.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-21 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Thank mate for putting so much effor to provide useful answer to me. I realy appreciate it.
    So far my only problem are empty gaps and little issue with grimoire/ds timing. I thought that there will be some more place to improvment but im glad that im not so bad :P well at this gruul pull our mage slept ... and we had no BL on start thats bad to opener. Hope this thursday i will perform a bit better and break 40k barrier.

You're welcome Drac; I just hope that I did not miss anything (well anything major). Usually when I look at my own logs (you play far far better than me) or most of other peoples' there are very obvious and common mistakes. With your logs those mistakes were not there so I was intrigued and it was a mystery that I wanted to solve. I really do think that you deserved a much better result so please let me know how you do on your next Gruul kill.