Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey Spikey

Thanks for warm words but sadly this week either wasnt better for me, i wasnt able to break barrier of my 39k dps. Fight was a bit shorter and ofc there was some place for improvments but I had problems with focus tonight. Here is my log from tonights gruul https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

Deleted
    Hi guys!

What's up?
    I need you help, beacuse i don´t understand like do this dps. My dot's are +98& uptime, and i use ds to pull, and everytime have trinkets up 15-10 secs before have cd of ds.
    be gratefull for anyone heelp
    thanks friends!

my logs in grull
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=1&source=28
    i have a video kill, if you want see.
    Last edited by mmocd63a21b096; 2015-04-24 at 11:29 AM.

Ok, I need some input. I know that playing Destro is not the best option, but I am still working on Demo and am not good enough to raid with that spec yet. I am running GoSac/CR currently. I only have the 2 set bonus (I have a 3rd piece but am not using it since the helm I have equipped is better than the tier helm, still trying for that elusive 4 piece). Buffed mastery is like 89.5%. I try not to cast unbuffed CB's but will do it to avoid capping on embers. I use havoc as much as I can. But my DPS is not good and not consistent. Some pulls, I am up there beating the other locks and other times, I barely beat the tanks. Any constructive feedback is wanted. And "drop Destro and go Demo" isn't the answer I am looking for lol. I will switch once I get better at Demo.

Thanks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=20

My toon is Airelock

Just out of interest Trauma have you tried "regular" Destro? If so was it better for you? I just ask as you do not have the 4 set yet.

Not experienced at all at reading CR logs but your Immolate uptime is normally low (yes I am taking in account if you died), you do seem to have a lack of CB during DS, not using Havoc enough and be capping embers too often. I think you probably should keep the Doomy for the last phase as well. Blackhand though, at least if you play like I do in running after the (metal) tank and on the last phase (if you got there), has lots of movement and I imagine it's very hard to CR there if so.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-25 at 09:46 AM.

Hey all, we have a couple locks in our raid and it seems like both of them could do better. I'm sorry its pretty broad but I'm clueless on how locks work and was wondering if you could take a look at the logs below and give some general advice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

thank you

I'm sorry Drac that things didn't improve. Please keep asking for someone else to read it as it is bugging me too!

Carbono, are you still reading this forum? Far too many people ask for help then never reply again and not going to waste time with your logs if that is the case for you as well.

Marolen, if your locks will read this and want help I will analyse the logs. I do not really know how to read CR Destro logs yet for some of the fights but there are some obvious issues anyhow.

yeah spikey they'll read this

Spikey

I have tried running GoSup with Demonic Serv and my DPS is about the same. I usually save my DS CD for my weapon enchant to proc, then let loose with however many CB's I can. I try to keep at least 2 full embers at all times, so if I am capped I will use CB x 2. The only time my immolate falls off is during ph 2 and ph 3 when the boss is too far away (in phase 2 sometimes I get out of range of the boss due to moving for impale or to DPS the tank). I always have the main boss set as my focus and I have a immolate on focus target macro on my bars to help keep it up as much as possible. I just don't know if I am missing something or if not having the 4 pc set is what is really gimping my DPS.

Trauma,

I've only played Destro CR in LFR so I do not have that much experience with it and hopefully I am not giving any bad advice.

From memory your weapon proc is 500 mastery whilst your ring is roughly 675 intellect and your GSR 2300 crit (or there abouts) so quite a difference. However, saying this your weapon will proc probably about double the times of the other two so less waiting if you need to get a DS in soon.

With your tier 2 set you will get random ember fills and hence generally you do not want to be over 3 embers or perhaps even 2.5 or this will be wasted. Before DS I will cap myself but otherwise try to stay low; it is a challenge though with how fast embers fill up. I did see several times though that you did not go into DS with even above 30 embers to dump 3 or 4 CB straight away (not entirely sure that this is the correct behaviour but seems sensible). Then sometimes during DS you were just growing embers and not dumping them. Like I said before there did seem to be a lack of CBs during DS.

Are you tracking your ring and GSR procs? As sometimes it seemed that you did not dump on them even though you had the ember bits.

You probably have a different tactic than my raid group on phase 2 then because I don't think I have ever been out of range of the boss however it would make sense then that your DoT would fall off. Saying this though you would be dotting the tank I think. At least for one Immolate and hence your overall uptime shouldn't be that affected. Are you aware of pandemic? So you can refresh DoTs a little early without losing DPS.

Other than that not sure what else to say about CR Destro due to my lack of experience with it. Generally though I think that you want to saving your Conflag until a few seconds left to the second charge for movement. Havoc ideally you should be pre-casting and I think you should then be able to get at least 5 in, maybe even more? Like I said I haven't gone Destro there so I really do not know. Once your target is in execute then without the 4 set SB away (ideally with buffs).

I hope this helped but take everything I said with a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Chancellor,

Currently reading your Oregorger heroic kill.

Opener weaker than it could be. Having more insane burst will tide you over a lot better. Either check out the one in the Demo guide here or http://summonstone.com/warlock/demon...monicservitude (fantastic site with tonnes of info)

Number of DS casts for fight length good. So not including opener but 2nd DS: 6 Meta SF, 3rd DS: 2 meta SFs, 4th DS: 4 Meta SFs, 5th DS: 7 Meta SFs. DS is simply our best buff and needs to have our up most respect in order to get the most out of it. As far as I know you can't tell how many MC procs in the logs you have but on DS 3 you went in with only just over 500 fury. The rest though you went in with over 800 so good there. Just remember to have 6-8 MC procs as well when you go into DS. I know the pain of them not always proccing on ST fights but then it may be worth using your 4 set to fish for them. Not a single CW. This can be a good thing as making that decision is advanced.

So looking a little deeper your 3rd DS seemed to be during the roll phase. During those 20 seconds of DS you managed 1 HoG, a corruption, a Drain Life and your 2 meta SF casts. Such a loss in dps. During DS 4 which you entered with high fury you managed 4 meta SFs, 3 caster SFs, a Doom, 2 Corruptions and a HoG.

I estimated that Ore went into 25% just before the 4 minute mark. Previous to this you had 10 caster SF casts which could have bought you some nice meta damage. 4 of these were probably dumping MC stacks before the 25% mark (which is good) but if you think ahead a little more and realise after DS 3 you are not going to have DS 4 until execute then you had over a minute to dump stacks with your buffs rather than them being unbuffed. Though are you tracking your BMC and your ring? Your dumping happened right in between the procs unfortunately. The same happened after DS 4. It had finished though you still had excess fury as you were in caster for some it so you carried on dumping with no damage procs and a few seconds later your ring activated.

For Grimoire you could have got 4 rather than 3 in the whole fight but this is difficult sometimes to calculate if you are not sure how long the fight will last. Your casts though were at the most random times. Pets also benefit from our buffs so you want to be combining GoServ with DS. The extra doomy lasts 5 more seconds though so ideally you can set it off first before you get the damage increase. If you really struggle on this/forget him consider a macro. It would be better than having your extra pet running around unbuffed.

DoT uptimes for Ore are 70% for Corruption and 85% for Doom which is pretty low. During the roll phase he might be out or range but unlikely to be for long. Going by the graph though it seems like at different points in the fight you just forgot to refresh your DoTs. Does your UI work properly for you? You also had 17 Doom casts so I guess some of these were on the crates. Unless it will live for one tick of Doom which is just under 15 seconds then it is not worth using a target. Perhaps though the crates you did DoT lived a long time and hence ignore this and do what works for your raid. For extra dps you can send your pet just following Ore for the whole fight rather than constantly target switching if crates die really quick. Being honest I still haven't figured out how to do decent damage on the crates whatever I do.

Your HoG stacking and therefore HoG DoT damage is rather poor. HoG, caster ability, caster ability, HoG (or with more haste/BL you can probably get 3 instants in). Do not be capping HoGs or throwing out single ones.

14 Drain LIfe casts, are your healers that bad? Or do you think it helps with crate damage? Soul Link, Soul Leech and the resolve glyph make us locks pretty hard to kill.

Last but not least execute time. You got 2 DS here so good stuff. Are you aware that Doomguards do 20% more damage in execute? Hence you want to save one summon for there. You did do this and combined it with a potion so nice work. Only issue was then that DS happened 13 seconds after your potion.

Good luck Chancellor. I didn't look at your other logs but for most people their issues are the same regardless of the fight. I will try to have a look later at one of Aamix's if still wanted.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-27 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Trauma,

I've only played Destro CR in LFR so I do not have that much experience with it and hopefully I am not giving any bad advice.

From memory your weapon proc is 500 mastery whilst your ring is roughly 675 intellect and your GSR 2300 crit (or there abouts) so quite a difference. However, saying this your weapon will proc probably about double the times of the other two so less waiting if you need to get a DS in soon.

With your tier 2 set you will get random ember fills and hence generally you do not want to be over 3 embers or perhaps even 2.5 or this will be wasted. Before DS I will cap myself but otherwise try to stay low; it is a challenge though with how fast embers fill up. I did see several times though that you did not go into DS with even above 30 embers to dump 3 or 4 CB straight away (not entirely sure that this is the correct behaviour but seems sensible). Then sometimes during DS you were just growing embers and not dumping them. Like I said before there did seem to be a lack of CBs during DS.

Are you tracking your ring and GSR procs? As sometimes it seemed that you did not dump on them even though you had the ember bits.

You probably have a different tactic than my raid group on phase 2 then because I don't think I have ever been out of range of the boss however it would make sense then that your DoT would fall off. Saying this though you would be dotting the tank I think. At least for one Immolate and hence your overall uptime shouldn't be that affected. Are you aware of pandemic? So you can refresh DoTs a little early without losing DPS.

Other than that not sure what else to say about CR Destro due to my lack of experience with it. Generally though I think that you want to saving your Conflag until a few seconds left to the second charge for movement. Havoc ideally you should be pre-casting and I think you should then be able to get at least 5 in, maybe even more? Like I said I haven't gone Destro there so I really do not know. Once your target is in execute then without the 4 set SB away (ideally with buffs).

I hope this helped but take everything I said with a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Chancellor,

Currently reading your Oregorger heroic kill.

Opener weaker than it could be. Having more insane burst will tide you over a lot better. Either check out the one in the Demo guide here or http://summonstone.com/warlock/demon...monicservitude (fantastic site with tonnes of info)

Number of DS casts for fight length good. So not including opener but 2nd DS: 6 Meta SF, 3rd DS: 2 meta SFs, 4th DS: 4 Meta SFs, 5th DS: 7 Meta SFs. DS is simply our best buff and needs to have our up most respect in order to get the most out of it. As far as I know you can't tell how many MC procs in the logs you have but on DS 3 you went in with only just over 500 fury. The rest though you went in with over 800 so good there. Just remember to have 6-8 MC procs as well when you go into DS. I know the pain of them not always proccing on ST fights but then it may be worth using your 4 set to fish for them. Not a single CW. This can be a good thing as making that decision is advanced.

So looking a little deeper your 3rd DS seemed to be during the roll phase. During those 20 seconds of DS you managed 1 HoG, a corruption, a Drain Life and your 2 meta SF casts. Such a loss in dps. During DS 4 which you entered with high fury you managed 4 meta SFs, 3 caster SFs, a Doom, 2 Corruptions and a HoG.

I estimated that Ore went into 25% just before the 4 minute mark. Previous to this you had 10 caster SF casts which could have bought you some nice meta damage. 4 of these were probably dumping MC stacks before the 25% mark (which is good) but if you think ahead a little more and realise after DS 3 you are not going to have DS 4 until execute then you had over a minute to dump stacks with your buffs rather than them being unbuffed. Though are you tracking your BMC and your ring? Your dumping happened right in between the procs unfortunately. The same happened after DS 4. It had finished though you still had excess fury as you were in caster for some it so you carried on dumping with no damage procs and a few seconds later your ring activated.

For Grimoire you could have got 4 rather than 3 in the whole fight but this is difficult sometimes to calculate if you are not sure how long the fight will last. Your casts though were at the most random times. Pets also benefit from our buffs so you want to be combining GoServ with DS. The extra doomy lasts 5 more seconds though so ideally you can set it off first before you get the damage increase. If you really struggle on this/forget him consider a macro. It would be better than having your extra pet running around unbuffed.

DoT uptimes for Ore are 70% for Corruption and 85% for Doom which is pretty low. During the roll phase he might be out or range but unlikely to be for long. Going by the graph though it seems like at different points in the fight you just forgot to refresh your DoTs. Does your UI work properly for you? You also had 17 Doom casts so I guess some of these were on the crates. Unless it will live for one tick of Doom which is just under 15 seconds then it is not worth using a target. Perhaps though the crates you did DoT lived a long time and hence ignore this and do what works for your raid. For extra dps you can send your pet just following Ore for the whole fight rather than constantly target switching if crates die really quick. Being honest I still haven't figured out how to do decent damage on the crates whatever I do.

Your HoG stacking and therefore HoG DoT damage is rather poor. HoG, caster ability, caster ability, HoG (or with more haste/BL you can probably get 3 instants in). Do not be capping HoGs or throwing out single ones.

14 Drain LIfe casts, are your healers that bad? Or do you think it helps with crate damage? Soul Link, Soul Leech and the resolve glyph make us locks pretty hard to kill.

Last but not least execute time. You got 2 DS here so good stuff. Are you aware that Doomguards do 20% more damage in execute? Hence you want to save one summon for there. You did do this and combined it with a potion so nice work. Only issue was then that DS happened 13 seconds after your potion.

Good luck Chancellor. I didn't look at your other logs but for most people their issues are the same regardless of the fight. I will try to have a look later at one of Aamix's if still wanted.
    Wow spikey thank you so much that's so helpful. Aamix's would be great too. He could probably use the advice a little bit more than Chancellor

You're welcome Marolen. If Chancellor does not understand something that I have written or disagrees etc get them to contact me.

Hey Aamix,

Just looking over your Gruul and Ore kill. As you have the 4 set and GSR then CR-GoSac Destro I gather should produce better results for you. Have you given it a try?

I have only glanced at your Destro logs but the same as Chancellor you have to be aware that for locks DS is the king of buffs and everything should revolve around that (Destro makes that a lot easier though). So you went into DS with high embers and dumped your CBs, good stuff but do try to get more embers again and dump another CB before the end. If dumping outside of DS then combine CBs with your strongest other buffs, watch your DoT uptime, utilise Havoc more and be aware of your 4 set proc a little more.

I am far better at Demo logs so going to look at Hans & Franz.

Your opener is really poor. Read this guide http://summonstone.com/warlock/demon...monicservitude and the one in this forum so it becomes almost automatic and you can concentrate on living while your opener is robotic. The whole idea of the opener is to get as many as possible of your hardest hitting spells (aka meta SF or CW) in before DS and your trinkies wear off. With your gear let's say it is possible to burst to over double what you managed.

Your first DS was actually around 1:20 mins instead of at the start of the fight. Overall though it would have been difficult to get 4 full ones in on this kind of fight so 3 DS is an option. 1st DS: 3 Meta SFs, 2nd DS: 3 meta SFs, 3rd DS: 4 meta SFs. Lots of missed opportunities there for extra damage. I had a look at the replay and it doesn't even seem that you were moving much either so it's not a case of popping DS then having a movement phase. I think just a lack of respect and planning for DS perhaps? Every time though you went in with high fury (good job) so I tend to think that you did not have enough MC procs.

Pre-execute amd pre-execute dump you had 13 caster SF casts this is mostly why you did not have enough for your DS buff. Your average damage for your meta SFs is double your caster amount to put this in some perspective. You also seemed to have a dump of MC procs just before 25% so good on not wasting them and they seemed to be buffed but not sure if that was intentional or just luck. Plan ahead and be looking for procs.

No Grimoire: Doomguard and I actually see you are using GoSyn. GoServ has higher damage when used with DemServ and paired with DS.

Overall DoT uptimes 92% Doom and 90% for Corruption so this needs more attention. Is your UI fit for purpose? Are you aware of pandemic? Take into account that the Brothers is a 2 target fight and hence you want DoTs up on both at all times. On one brother in particular your Corruption was down to 36% and he is not away for that much of the fight as 2 other logs of similar fight length that I looked at both had +80% uptime on both targets.

(Stolen from my previous post) Your HoG stacking and therefore HoG DoT damage is also rather poor. HoG, caster ability, caster ability, HoG (or with more haste/BL you can probably get 3 instants in). Do not be capping HoGs or throwing out single ones. 7 CWs but only 3 during DS. Just be careful that you use them during an appropriate time. There's a good section under Advanced Play on that Summonstone website that says when to CW and when to stick with HoG.

In the execute you casted SF over SB, well done but you finished the fight on about 500 fury. Use that for some extra damage. DS in execute=good but you forgot your second potion.

Read the info I gave to Chancellor as well as too lazy to write most of it again and your issues are very similar. Hopefully you guys/gals talk about warlock play and help and encourage each other to do better.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-28 at 12:50 PM.

Just recently got the raiding bug back again. I didnt play much in MOP so demo is still kind of new to me. I have read the guides and such on summonstone and here on mmo champion. I feel I have been following the gear guide and spec guide per bosses. Cant seem to get out of the middle of the pack. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Currently ilvl is 684 with 4 set. Here is my current log.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

Deighan, for ST you aren't really expected to be on top as you have an arcane, hunters, warriors etc. For fights like Thogar a lot depends on group composition then it helps to totally forget priority targets and just "scumbag" it. I believe that a lot of the really high results will have had help from their raid team in perhaps being the only/main AoEers etc.

I choose not to look at Ore as that is one of your better logs and defeats the purpose. Let's try Gruul.

Opener: Is rather weak. You could have got a lot more damage if you followed the ones from the guides but the short DS did not help.

DS: You are using the glyph. Do not with DemServ as Grimoire lines up so well. Kinda harder to read this now. You also used the glyph on Ore so now you know one of your issues. Ok, number of DS casts good. Popping your second DS at 18 seconds with not 4 MC procs seems like a waste. However, perhaps you were trying for a more regular 20 second DS opener with the burst while all your trinkies are up. Anyhow, I do not know the best answer but this will not matter without the glyph. You entered DS with enough fury each time so good but unless it is bugging out then you may have capped fury twice. DS=meta SF time (+/- CW) but you casted a bunch of different stuff even though you didn't seem to be moving. A lot of unbuffed Meta SFs here and there. Are you watching your procs?

4 Caster SFs pre execute assuming the 4 more later were that dump. The dump was not buffed but on shorter fights it is a little harder and your trinkies were perhaps being a little stubborn at that point.

Grimoire: Number of uses fine but again being DS glyphed let you down on this damage. GoServ should be cast just before DS not after/at the end.

DoT uptimes: Doom 93% Corruption 90% so both too low. Are your UI/addons working for you properly? 6 Doom casts when you should have 4.

HoG stacking decent. One single HoG casted. One time you left slightly over 6 seconds between your HoGs (though somehow you still only managed 2XSB) and they didn't stack so watch this. 4 CWs but only 2 during DS. Perhaps your BMC was nearly max though? I did not check.

Execute: One SB cast. DS with potion good. No Grimoire here so you missed on that 20% extra. Finished the fight on 700 fury!

So if you managed to improve on all of these things I imagine that you will gain a decent amount of damage. If there is another fight you particularly struggle on let me know I will take a look (though certain ones are much harder to read). Usually though the issues are the same whatever boss it is. For your gear and short DS issue you actually did decent in my opinion so do get downhearted. Good luck!

Disclaimer: Being human I may have made a mistake somewhere, if you think so tell me.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-29 at 11:12 AM.

Hey guys I'm looking for some help regarding my dps. I've been playing a warlock for about 3 weeks and have tried to get as much knowledge as I can with demo. Ive got a full suite of weakauras to tell me all the needed information to try to make the correct choices but I think I'm just making incorrect choices. I'm also very far behind on my ring since I just leveled him up a few weeks ago to fill a spot in our mythic team.

Here's a Beastlord kill from last night. I'm ~14th percentile in my bracket. I'm also strictly on add duty on this fight, thus my talent choices. No one else is really supposed to be doing adds.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=52

Next is a kill on Flamebender, I've scored higher on this fight the second week I was there than I did this week but this week I thought I really killed it and the damage just wasn't there.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

What can I do to improve here? Am I sitting on cds too much? I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with me and I'm pretty upset about my very sub-par performance as a demo lock and making my raid carry me.

Hey Ultramad,

Aye, if you do know how to play that definitely is not coming across in the logs yet. Demo can take a lot of time for some people "to get", myself included hence why I learnt to read logs, so bare with it. If you get too good though you will have to do a name change!

Beastlord log (I am not an AoEer here but I will read your log as that being your main purpose):

Opener: Could be improved. Your first Doom is not until 31 seconds on the boss. You do not cast Cata until the 52 second mark. Any reason for that? If you did it on the pack at 19 seconds you may get another one in by the end of the fight as I do not think packs are exactly timed. However, perhaps the first adds die too early with everyone having procs up (yes even though they are not AoEing!). You casted 3 HoGs in your opener and hence only had one CW for the beasts. Did you have fury problems in your opener? If not save the 3rd for your job.

DS: You're not using the DS glyph which personally I find a strange choice for this fight. As the add person you're going to be Cataing almost on CD so it makes sense to me to have the DS line up with that. Perhaps the adds live 20 seconds but personally in my group fall over but we do have a bunch of padders. Perhaps if you find that the Cata group dies really quick and the add pack in between is alive too long you could move DS to the other group. 5 DS casts when you might of got in 6 (just about). During your DS you seem to be gaining fury each time though this is meant to be your burn phase.

Cataclysm: During a 8+ minute fight you managed 4 so this is partly where you are not fulfilling your role. Of these 4 not a single one buffed by DS (your most important buff! Yet take into account what I said above about using it when you need it). Too lazy to check but are you casting Cata in Caster form each time? Try to make sure you hit as many of the adds as possible (ideally boss too) and yell at your tanks if they move!

Did you have fury problems during this fight? It doesn't seem so but I see sometimes you HoG the adds and sometimes the boss. If they do not live the full length of the HoG dot then you should be CWing as long as you have enough fury. 3 times you casted 2 HoGs back to back on the adds so that would have been better as CWs. 2 single HoGs thrown out (perhaps you were saving for an add phase and capped though) and at least twice where you left too long between HoGs for them to stack. 20 CWs and yet only 4 (a rough estimate) in DS (though having more frequent DS's would help here).

ToC: Whole bunch of ToCs on the adds when you could have been Cata and CW (perhaps you had to move though but that may say you need to position better pre-add spawn).

Your SFs are very very odd. Unless the log is bugged then during DS (Which we already saw that you weren't doing Cata or CW really either) you're spamming caster SFs (hence your fury gain). Your meta SFs are all over the place. Anyhow not going to look any further into this so have a read up and ideally pair SFs with buffs.

DoT uptimes: Overall Doom 86% Corruption 96%

Only 6 Felstorms yet the other log I am looking at with the same kill time as you has 13.

Execute: Doomguard with potion and DS execute good. Watch your timings a little better though taking into account how long each lasts.

Demo is all about using your best buffs (namely DS) to their full advantage. So for every minute (or 2 if unglyphed) you need to be prepared for that burn. For this fight you have to prepare for each add phase as well. Forget normal rotation and be the best scumbag you can be, it's all about those adds!

Good luck!

Disclaimer: Due to being fallible and a having a lack of caffeine I may have made a mistake. If you think so tell me.

Thank you so much for going through all that with me! I've had a lot of information overload many times during fights and I have been losing track of what I should be doing most of the time.

The DS glyph I hadn't considered as I haven't used it yet at all. I'll have to get on that this week and beat that into my head.

My Catas were definitely in caster form as I was trying to fish for procs for CWs but I was not prioritizing saving CWs for the adds, which I really should have. My SF usage outside of meta was probably due to me being capped on procs a few times and not having a clue what I had done wrong to get there with no fury.

I will have to keep these things much more in my head and try to line up things as best as I can in order to not screw myself over in times that I need the resources.

Still learning and thanks very very much for the tips and things I can definitely improve on. I haven't dps'd in a raid since TBC so this is all new for me. That opener I definitely messed up on as well, don't know what I was thinking!

Additionally yes we have people going balls out on the first set of adds usually just because scumbag. That's definitely why I didn't cata to start. I might try next time just to get it on CD to start.
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2015-04-30 at 09:55 PM.

Hey Ultra,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As I do not find Demo comes automatically for me either as such then progress (aka wipes) is essential for getting a better of idea of fury generation, MC proc speed, mechanics that demand burst and when the best time to DS is etc. As it seems that you have missed out on these it is understandable you are struggling in knowing how to dps to your maximum on each encounter.

Like I said above I haven't been on add duty on Beastlord mythic so I can and did not give you a clear guide. Perhaps you can save all CWs for adds. Perhaps as you need burst every 30ish seconds you will also need HoGs for fury generation and extra MC procs. As above you will probably only find that out in time but as I think it is farm now for you you don't really have that opportunity. Anyhow, have fun figuring it out though Beastlord having burst every 30 seconds is a high paced fight and needs pretty constant thinking ahead/planning which will be a challenge for you at this moment I think.

For the Cata thing there is no fast rule I think. Perhaps if you get it on the first pack you may get one more at the end of the fight. However, if you use it on the first pack which melts in seconds anyhow and the 2nd pack is alive too long then it's wasted and your original call was good. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Two links for you that you perhaps have not come across yet Summonstone and Icy Veins

I haven't got to Flamebender Mythic yet but look at the boss guides above for some tips. I will have a quick glance at your log though

Opener could be stronger- Take a look the Summonstone guide or the one in this forum

Perhaps could do more CWs on the dogs

Only 2 Cata casts

Only 4 out of 6 possible Felstorms

Possibly capped on fury 3 times

2 DS you gained fury again so might want to take a closer look at what you are doing during your nuke phases

Sfs seem a little crazy but my main advice is try to make sure they are buffed with something

Good luck and ultimately only person you probably should compare with is yourself. Sometimes though due to worse RNG whether that is mechanics or say MC & trinket procs and buff uptimes you will just do worse even if you played to the same level.

Help! So, my DPS have been lackluster, to say the least. While it was never an issue in LFR, I have just begun to move on to heroic and normal (highmaul and BRF respectively), and it's been rough. I've been kicked out of several groups for being "bad", even though I know the fights. I feel helpless! So... fix my DPS? Here are some links...

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/825488/latest/#boss=0
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/Beryle/simple
    i.imgur.com/TKw92zy.png?1

There are some moments where I can crank out 22 dps, but mostly I lurk around 15-17

(Sorry about the links, it wouldn't let me post.)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ultra RE: Flamebender:

As stated previously, work on the Opener outlined here.

You're doing ok on the Wolves, which is your main benefit to your raid as Demo/Cata. But remember that Cata is a 1 min CD so you should: 1. Use it on pull in Meta to apply Doom to Flamebender and Aknor; 2. Use it on Wolves and save 3 x CW for this; 3. Use it on Flamebender again when it's off CD (usually during Firestorm); and 4. Use it on the Wolves and save 3 x CW again; Then whenever it's off CD. I would personally just use it in Meta at all times and with DS for at least the opener and for the Wolves.

Apart from the Cata use, the other thing you really want to focus on is using SF in Meta during important procs. And for you right now in current gear, I'd say that's your DS, Nightmare Fire, and Demonic Synergy. Here's a breakdown of your SF in Meta use during important procs. The red lines are your SF in Meta casts. And you should almost always see those with one of the important buffs as a background (I set those as blue, green, and purple).

-Just before the 2:00 mark you siphoned off some Fury with 4 unbuffed SF's in Meta. You should siphon off excess Fury with Touch of Chaos, as those 4 MC procs could have been better spent under the upcoming procs for Nightmare Fire and Demonic Synergy (though you did a pretty decent job there of dumping Fury)

-Just before the 4:00 mark you used 3 SF's in Meta that could have been better spent if you saved them for your upcoming Dark Soul. They could have been better spent under the upcoming Demonic Synergy proc, but at that point you should have pooled your resources a bit more for your final Dark Soul. If you're burning MC procs at that point because the boss is close to or under 25% hp, you can just cast SF in caster form to generate Fury for your final burn.

-You popped that final Dark Soul @ 4:22 when you were already pretty Fury starved and only managed 4 SF in Meta during it. Now, you were probably correct to use those previous 4 SF in Meta during Nightmare Fire + Demonic Synergy (4:07-4:12), but you should have saved up a bit more Fury after that before popping your DS. If you held off until about the 4:45 mark you would have had closer to 7-800 Fury and could have used all of those remaining SF's in Meta under the effect of DS - because as you can see, you finished with a bunch of unbuffed SF's in Meta (9 to be exact from 4:45-5:00) that could have hit extremely hard if you had your DS up.

-You finished the fight with about 450 Fury. Make sure you try your best to drain that all and end as close to 0 as possible.

Hope that helps a bit.

Axxym
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-05-05 at 09:49 AM.

Hi Beryle,

Not every experienced with Destro logs or even Destro at the moment but I had a quick look so start you on the right track. Hopefully, someone else will have a more in depth look though.

Ok I had a look at your Brackenspore log which can be a a great fight for Destro.

Opener could be stronger. Check out the one in the guide in these forums.

Way too many Immolate casts (aka you are refreshing too early sometimes) and yet your overall DoT uptime is only 92% and only 63% on Bracken (!!!). Can you actually see your DoTs on your target/focus/other mobs etc somewhere near your feet? Do you know about pandemic?

Good number of Conflag casts but, apart from the opener, try and bank these for movement though never cap them.

You should have about double the number of CB casts hence you are not getting enough embers. Try to avoid capping ember bits as well

Way too few SB casts, be sniping those add kills and ideally Havoc them over. If you are not having mana issues then SB>CB in execute on all targets.

Did you even use Havoc? This is so important for adds! Remember you can pre-cast this when an add is coming and then use on cooldown.

Nice number of DS casts but try to make sure your CBs are inside it and not too early/late. Once you know you are DS soon pool embers to 3.5ish and then DS dump 3 CBs/SBs and then try to gain enough embers for more CBs before DS wears off.

If you have a long time to DS and need to use embers then make sure your CBs are with your best other buffs (haste proc useless for dumping)

Sounds like your UI may need an overhaul or you just need to watch stuff better.

RoF on this fight pointless unless you have to move without those banked Conflags. Then still I wonder if the mana cost of RoF is worth it but I guess if you are not ooming it is still damage. You may have to readup on this.

Ember Taps really weak and not worth your time

If you do go GoServ then you want to be using the Doomguard as your extra pet not an Imp as the former hits far harder. Then you also ant to use GoServ with DS not just randomly. The other option is to go GoSup according to the guide and probbaly easier for you at this time. A macro is another option but not always the best choice.

Potion use could have a noticeable affect on your dps if you time then well.

If you don't understand anything that I have said let me know and good luck with progressing

P.S. Disclaimer: I may have made an error; if you think so tell me.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-05-05 at 04:09 PM.