Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi SpikeyShadow, thanks for the info, I am actually posting on behalf of the player and will relay the information to him. I think you have outlined the major issues with these logs, thanks again, I really do appreciate it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=1 - Wednesday
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - Thursday

If you can check all the fights, I struggled greatly on movement based encounters such as Iron Reaver and on heavy target switching fights such as Kilrogg. I'm looking to improve in general as I recently switched to warlock from my hunter.

I'm not happy with my performances and want to do better both for myself and my guild. I don't have a 4 set bonus or the 15% upgraded ring unlike the majority of the guild but I still can't put my finger on what I'm doing wrong.

Jupiteran,

I haven't got that far (or even watched this vid yet) so cannot give personal tips. However, in comparing you to top ranked parses with your fight time. This is where you fall down:

Very severe lack of SBs. You did 8, I'm looking at them with 45 and 50. Perhaps you have lots of execute competition but make sure you have obvious nameplates and a mouseover for SB.

Lack of CBs (which in part is probably due to lack of embers from above) You did 34, I see 59 and 45.

Only 2 F&B when there's logs with 5 and 6.

Too long above 2.8 embers and definitely way too long capped.

RoF use. Is there more than I think it is 8 or 10 adds? Or was this a movement thing?

Are you banking Conflags for movement? Have you considered KJC? Not recommending it as such but if movement is such an issue look into it. Perhaps post in the Destro thread if needed. Could your teleport help? You didn't use it.

Havoc use for you is 9, I see parses with 16.

You also forgot your Doomguard and had only one potion use.

Only 3 uses of your SoN in 8 minutes. You really need a new trinky ASAP but of course you probably cannot help that.

Why did you back to back DS in the opener? Is there a nuke phase there? Otherwise your procs are less likely to go again (after the first 20 seconds) not to mention you went in on too low embers. Need more CBs in DS generally. Plan better for them and dump a lot before the DS wears off. Dump more DS in GSR too.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Disclaimer: Sometimes us log readers make errors. If you think so tell us.

Edited to make a sentence make sense!
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-06-29 at 03:02 PM.

This week I got the Prophecy of Fear normal trinket, and I was wondering if its worth using on any fights and which spec to use if I use it(does it matter? Is it equally good for all 3 specs?) and what trinket should I replace? I have BMC, GSR and DUT mythic versions, but I saw that Prophecy of Fear is good on AoE fights, but haven't really found any sims for it for the NORMAL version trinket of PoF, only the HC and Mythic one.

Here guys my dps on socretar https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    i fell like my dps fell off in this patch dont know why my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...bruxo/advanced
    Bitch Pls

Hi, I got a bunch of tanaan jungle gear and timewalker stuff and my item level is 659 but i do far worse dps than my ilvl 603 rogue? I pre pot/ pop dark soul etc and immolate- 2x conflag 6 incinerates and then chaos bolt all my embers away and then repeat all the way up to 3 embers and chaos bolt down and repeat. is this wrong?

For Zephre,

In your bracket your DPS is actually at the 76 percentile on this fight and even 90+ on another so it's possible part of it is a gear thing. I did see some issues though. So let's take a better look at your Iron Reaver log.

Opener: Not bad but potion was after combat started (though perhaps there was a ninja pull), no pre-cast from what I can see and you left DS with embers. You want to get as many CBs in as you. Take a look at the Summosntone opener and guide.

DS: Number of uses fine but number of CBs in them too low. You want to be going in with 3.5 embers, dumping CBs then building up again for another dump pre-DS end. In an ideal world you will also should pair your DS with another buff as well but if using for a nuke phase or if perhaps in a hurry to get them in this is not always possible.

CBs: When you did dump outside of DS they were not always with your best buffs. DuT proc is better for ember building, 500 mastery on enchant is blah then it's your ring and way out on top GSR.

Resource management: Seems like you spent too much time capped (but sometimes the graph is incorrect). Now you have the T17 2 set (I don't think you did for this fight) you want to be staying under 2.8 as well.

Grimoire: You missed one use for the fight length. Otherwise they were partnered with DS.

DoT uptimes: Immolate 71% so slightly low. Yeah you probably had 2 air phases where there is at least 4 times that your DoT fell off during the normal phase. Are you aware of the pandemic effect?

Generally some tips to help with movement. Personally I would actually say that Iron Reaver is low movement but I was playing Affliction on both kills so probably don't notice as much and I only got the run away explosion thing once each time. Are you guys spreading out? Then unless you are unlucky you shouldn't have to move that often. Sometimes the boss goes out of range but that is fine, I just waited for it to come back rather than chasing after it. Ideally I would say stay central in your raid group (your pet too) and then you should have less moving to do and can reach further when the boss goes charging. Same for the air phase stay in the middle then you can reach more bombs. Are you banking Conflags for movement? As in saving them until the second charge is nearly up again? You also have gateways and your teleport to take advantage of so have a think for each fight where that might be useful.

Execute: Seems ok but next time try to get your Service Doomguard in. Also try and also snipe some bombs next time with SB. Just as a heads up you didn't use Havoc on bombs but perhaps there was not 2 close enough.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: Sometimes us log readers make errors. If you think so tell us

- - - Updated - - -

For Tonberi,

The sims I have seen put PoF normal below all 3 mythic trinkets but they were probably single target. I saw you posted somewhere else so maybe you will get a better answer there.

For Gguga,

Have you tried SB: Haunt? You have a very good gear level and hence may get better results from that though seems like you are missing the 4 set still. Have you simmed to see what is better? If you do not know how I would suggest asking in the Affliction thread to see which talent is better for you. However, SB: Haunt is the multi-target talent and hence I would suggest anyway that it's better for Socrethar because of the adds (if you are not going Destro). However, be aware that this is only a guess, please ask more experienced people. I'm pretty busy at the moment but I will try to look at your logs soon.

For Kyle,

There is no set rotation as in do Incinerate x 6 as it all depends on how many embers you have which depends on which spells you cast and how much you crit. Check out the ideal opener on the bottom of this page and the rest of the guide should also answer your questions. Though you don't want to cap embers Destro is more about using our hardest hitting spells (CB/SB) with damage increasing procs rather than just getting to 3 embers and then casting unbuffed ones.

Firstly I would suggest learn how to maximise DS. So go in with 3.5+ embers, dump your CBs then start building again so you can dump more CBs (or SB) before it wears off. Then once that is strong you can then see what you have in between DS dumps to spend on other procs. Perhaps you have none with your current gear though and that will affect you a lot. Good luck.

Spikeyshadow.

The logs you viewed are normal, as such the bombs on iron reaver were killed the moment they landed giving me little time to try and havoc them, most of my guild, almost all are better geared than me with upgraded rings ect.

For immolate, this is where it becomes a problem, with charred remains upon the opener I can build 4 embers very quickly and I proceed to chain chaos bolt while DS and another buff is active, usually this results in immolate falling off. In this situation it's CB with buffs vs making sure immolate does not fall off, what do you suggest? Casting the CB or ignoring it and ensuring Immolate remains up?

With Iron Reaver we had one air phase, I'm using TellMeWhen to track the uptime of my dots as for CB dumping, Ideally I'd prefer to drop them with buffs but with charred remains that's not always possible as I built embers far to quickly, so I find myself casting chaos bolt often without buffs in order to prevent it from capping.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2015-07-02 at 06:01 PM.

Hellfire assault for some reason doesn't show.
    But anyways, I'm trying to figure out why my percentiles happen to be so low and what mistakes I am making.
    I thought about switch over to demo until I get better gear.
    Any suggestions / points showing mistakes on my mistakes would be awesome
    Since MMO Champion doesn't let me post links
    warcraftlogs(dot)com/rankings/character/10204951/latest/#

Looking for help with my numbers

Hey guys,

Looking for some help, feel like my numbers could be better than what I am getting. Links for logs from last nights kills for Assault, Reaver, and armory are below:

Logs - warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/zRW3mMGFc9khXNTn

Armory - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/Idoworkz/simple

Any tips and/or analysis are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

hey,
    i feel like im not pulling the numbers i should be pulling and i need to get a lot better! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Logs-
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/c4fJnVy2TCwd89Nv/
    im Sparkugzz the warlock

Armory-us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Sparkugzz/simple
    Last edited by sparkugzz; 2015-07-02 at 02:07 PM.

Hey fellow locks, how is it going?

These are my Kromrok logs [I was comparing my performance to one of the guildies and he just obliterated me].
    Can you please let me know what is it exactly I am doing wrong/not in an optimal way?

I mean I understand that I have to work on my shadowburn a little bit, but everything else is [somewhat] similar and how is it even possible that he is of the 97% bracket on this boss while I am on the 51% although I have better uptimes? That doesnt make any sense :/

Is it worth it to drop immolate [apart from the opener] and just use Congratulate/incinerate instead?

My logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/N4VntFjPZf8W62z1#type=damage-done&fight=33&source=7

His logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/XLq7dCVPy62QncFp#type=damage-done&fight=38&source=10

Your thoughts are highly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by toothreaper; 2015-07-02 at 01:38 AM.

There are so many requests here at the moment and so few people reading logs hence there is a long wait. I will try to get them as I can. If people do not include their armoury link though I will be more inclined to skip you as it does help being able to see how many pieces of tier you have and the like.

For Darksyth,

Going to read your Kormrok kill.

Opener: Ok but check out Summonstone to tidy up for more burst. Did you pre-cast?

DS: Just about got the 4 in. So what is the priority target for your guild? For mine it's the hands, to get them down ASAP pre-pound and so we don't go for a swim in the pools. If this is the same for you then why do you not DS on most of them? Also if just generally going for highest overall damage this is where you can shoot up though it does depend on how close you guys stack. Generally just remember to use as many CBs and SBs within your DS. Go in with high embers and ideally leave empty.

CBs: Your trinkets and ring proc really disliked you this try. Not much you can do with that but generally take full advantage of procs for dumping if not going to DS very soon.

Generally on hands do you stack closely? If so try try to get more F&B CBs on them as you only managed 2 in the whole fight. Perhaps you were too spread out. Otherwise severe lack of SBs (you had 6 and the logs I compared you to had 21/22) and Havocs. Basically for any Destro fight with adds these 3 things are where you will soar high if done correctly so bear this in mind for all bosses. Do you have decent nameplates to show execute mobs clearly? Do you have a mouseover SB macro?

Resource Management: Try to stay under 2.8 embers but on the whole you seemed to do ok with this.

DoT Uptimes: Immolate fell off a few times (and not just during the hand phases).

Talents: Do you find Dark Regen that worthwile? You only used it once. I tend to think the Soul Leech shields are pretty win and then you can have Shadow Bulwark.

Execute: Your last potion was a bit late and you only got 7 seconds of it. Again though what is the priority for you? It may have been better with BL when I assume that you killing the moving hands.

Movement: can you see a use for your portal and/or gateway on this fight? Use all your tools as we don't have much to cast when moving around.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Yes mate, I always prepot and precast incinirate 2-3 sec before the encounter.

hmm we did not stack really close on the hands so was it worth it to FnB + chaos bolt knowing that CB wont hit many targets?

I have shadowburn normal & mouseover but the hands disappeared really quickly :S

and you are right I did not think about havoc.. guess I have to work on that too.

Thank you very much for your help mate.

Deleted
    Hey guys, new lock here, i had to reroll to ranged and now im playing my lock mainly.

Im currently gearing up, just did HFC nhc tonight, sitting at 690 right now: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...isynn/advanced.

My question is: Currently, Affliction sims higher for me on single target than anything else. When does Destro pull ahead?

I have no T17 and im also missing the GSR trinket from oregorger. Im still trying to get my 4pT17 going, just wondering if there anything specific Destro needs to be viable except 4pt17 and GSR (until i get the mandatory trinkets in HFC)

Affli feels kinda wonky right now, mainly because im lacking the burst that destro has. Priority targets seem fine, but if there any form of addcleave, i just tunnel the boss.
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2015-07-02 at 10:52 PM.

Toothreeper that read was for another lock and not you :P A high percentage of the time though everyones' issues are pretty much the same. Apart from the basic keep up DoTs and "Always Be casting", learn to Havoc properly (the guide here is good for that), snipe SBs, do not cap resources, get as many CBs as you can, try to minimise movement/use your tools and you "should" win.

Mostly though on progression do not care so much about overall damage. Prepare for and rock the add meters and your raid group should love you even if they do not realise!

- - - Updated - - -

For Idoworkz,

Your percentiles in your bracket are good. That's what you need to be looking at, not comparing yourself to people with over 700 item level with 3 minute shorter fight times and BIS.

Going to look at your Iron Reaver log as Hellfire Assault is a nightmare to read. Just look at the tips above for all fights and especially multi-target ones.

Opener: Ok but check out Summonstone to tidy up for more burst. Did you pre-cast? Try to use all your embers before DS wears off (not always possible).

DS: Mostly ok and prepared for but just try to get out more CBs/SBs. One you did 5 another only 3. Dump again before DS wears off not just the initial burst.

Resource Management: Way too long above 2.8 embers. If you have a proc and are not going to DS very soon dump everything into CBs.

DoTs: Immolate fell off a few times during the ground phase. Are you aware of the pandemic effect?

3 Havoc uses and quite a lot of SBs on bombs. Hard to really compare here as it really depends on how many were in range etc but just get as much as you can.

For each fight have a think about teleport usage.

Execute: Generally you should saving your potion and a (full) DS or 2 for here unless you used it to kill bombs more quickly. You switched to SB mostly in execute which is good (with T17) but if you get a Chaotic Infusion buff use a CB more quickly to prevent it being overwritten.

So all in all pretty good. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably better posting somewhere else Heretias as this thread has very few responses. I personally believe that overall damage means very little (at least until you hit enrage without too many people dying to silly stuff). For my group it is always about priority target damage and I personally find Affliction to be weak at that on the whole. It will depend on your group but priority targets for me tend to mean adds that need to die ASAP. Think Hellfire Assualt, Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Socrethar, Kormrok hands, the main add on Iskar etc and if I tunnelled into the boss I think I am letting them down. Also in this case if you are tunnelling then really you should actually be comparing ST Aff to cleave Destro if overall damage really matters to you.

The sims that you linked are actually so close and just good/bad RNG will swing one spec into favour let alone before you actually take into account what spec is better for the fight and what spec are you actually more confident with and better at. Destro is completely viable without any HFC gear and at least me it is stronger for the reasons that I listed above. Saying this though I haven't really played with Demo yet in order to say how good it is with frequent priority targets.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-03 at 09:50 AM.

For Sparkugzz,

Probably one of your biggest current issues is the lack of the T17 4 set and GSR. Though having just read your log you actually do have the 4 set? If so ideally I think you should switch to GoSac-CR for better dps and more flexibility. Have you tried it?

Opener: You're not lining up DS while all your trinkets are up and hence you could get a lot more burst. Check Summonstone. Only one CB in your DS.

DS: Using the glyph is usually frowned upon with DemServ. Overall a large lack of CBs during DS and sometimes this was due to a lack of planning/resources. You need to have 3.5+ embers before you go in. Find out how long it takes you to gain that much and then you know when DS is coming up then no more dumping. You didn't always use your DS for the hand phases which tend to be the priority target. Oh and DS during waves and then either having to move a lot or nearly dying probably not the best choice.

Immolate: Uptime pretty low and it fell off way too many times during the fight. Are you aware of the pandemic effect?

Talents: Personally I prefer Soul Link to Dark Bargain for the continued reduction in incoming damage rather than the one use of DB that you had. Also though I would go Sac Pact>DB in nearly all cases.

It's hard to actually compare a DemServ log as there are so few about but generally some things to watch and work on: Havoc use, sniping SB kills, DoT uptimes, minimising movement, using your teleport, potion use x2, using CB after the 4set buff, using DS when best for the fight and planning appropriately for it.

Good luck
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-04 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys i have been struggling with my dps as demo since the start of the expansion , would really apreciate help
    My logs : warcraftlogs.com/reports/vVgWAZz7DJ9X1Pwj#type=damage-done&source=66&fight=2
    My armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Zertharian/simple

Hey dudes. I just picked up my lock and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. From what I've read Charred Remains + Sac is supposed to be >>>> Demonic Servitude + Service. However no matter how much I test it I end up getting a 2-4k dps boost with DS. I'm using the same rotation for both, with the only change being I prioritize chaos bolt when I have 2.5+ embers with CR, and when I have 3.5+ embers with DS. These two meters are from a dummy in my garrison and are virtually the same duration. The first is with DS + Serv and the second with CR + Sac.

My bnet is: here

Thanks!

Toothreaper, still reading?

For Zertharian,

Have you considered a spec change? If you like Demo the most and play it the best fair enough. If you have been struggling with your damage all expansion then we need to go back to the roots. Forget the padding frenzy that is Hellfire Assault (at least for people who go for highest overall damage with Cata). We need to sort out the basics and hence I am going to look at your Iron Reaver.

Opener: Can't find anything here to comment on except that both your pre-cast and demon summon seemed to happen fully pre-pull.

DS: You could have fit 2 more DS in when you were alive and hence had also say 8 more DB casts. There was a time during the middle of the fight for 2 minutes without a DB dump. I'm guessing this was bomb phase. Could you not find any to empty on? Overall you spent about 50 seconds then not casting a spell. What happened? I see you got Artillery once but that doesn't last too long. Did you have your teleport and gateway up?

Hog Stacking seems good apart from the place where you did not cast. Just make sure you are not too late with the second stack. 2 CWs which I think probably shouldn't be used unless you have your maximum use of DBs out first and you are on cooldown.

Talents: Gosyn tends to the talent of choice for DB but I think you went with GoSup. Do you find one use of Unending resolve that good? Glyphing it would save a lot of healing over the course of a fight.

Summary: So most things seem to have gone well actually. Overall though increase DB casts, increase number of casts in general (aka always be casting) for fury generation and lastly try not to die

Good luck.

For Ramza,

It's almost impossible to get anything from those. You are missing the T17 4 set or the T18 2 set so quite possibly GoSac-CR will be weaker for you still. You could sim to see what that says. Two things jump out though from your logs. Firstly no Doomlord summon with CR and the dummies have no execute. CR will give a lot more SBs. Will it swing the result in your favour? I have no clue. Having a pet anyway gives some people better results anyhow. You also have way too few procs to play with at the moment again possibly favouring DemServ more.

The other thing is that with the T17 2 set you do not want to be wasting a proc. Ideally stay below 2.8 embers with both and only go higher when you are about to Dark Soul.