Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    with DB you mean Demonbolt right?

Correct Zertharian

Deleted
    my guild is on archimonde heroic, but my dps is really inconsistent :/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1799&wipes=1 here is the log of tonight
    i'm dairenji

Did Mannoroth yesterday, I think I was doing really good on him (I was told to completly ignore imps and just kill the infernals and have as high boss damage as possible) until the point I died which was a misplay, anyways I always try to improve no matter what, so here are my logs. If anyone could give me some tips on how to to even higher damage without padding, that would be great. The only mistake I think I am making is that I am not using Havoc on cooldown.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...14&end=3521668

Hey guys i feel like my number are low for my gear i do raid lead for my guild but my number where never 10k under what i needed to be doing

I am in my destro gear only got 2 piece tonight

Normal - warcraftlogs.com/reports/j7RtNfJYm2L6zkga
    Heroic - warcraftlogs.com/reports/h6bcK2LgjdFYQRkf , warcraftlogs.com/reports/yKV1DLcHRG4Tr2zN
    Armory - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Sodow/advanced

I haven't reached Mannoroth or of course Archimode so personally I don't feel that I can compare those logs or comment on them adequately. If you go to WCL>Zones>HFC>Rankings and then change the boss, difficultly level and the spec then you will get a list of the top parses to compare with. If you want logs with a similar fight time to what yours may be (when you kill it) then click on "Search Fights" and convert your time to seconds and add a little either side to get a range to put into "Fight Lengths". Then you can compare away, good luck!

Sodow,

Are you more concerned for Destro or Aff?

Hi Sodow,

Going to read your Shadow Lord Iskar normal log as this can be a very nice fight for Destro (especially on normal when you can get away with AoEing more).

Opener: Very low in burst. I see you got the Fel Chakram but that shouldn't affect it that much if you use your teleport. Did you pre-cast? What happened to the DS? Check out the opener at the bottom of the Summonstone page to tidy up for more burst which will tide you over a long way into the fight. You didn't use your Doomguard here. If you are not saving it for a nuke phase you will get far more damage out of it when all your procs are up.

DS: You sometimes have the initial CB dump but you don't seem to have another one before DS wears off. DS 1: 4 CBs, DS 2: 3 CBs, DS 3: 2 CBs, DS 4: 1 CBs, DS 5: 3 CBs. You could get so much more out of your most important proc. Be planning for DS and go in with ~3.5 embers (as in no dumpinng just before you DS) and ideally leave empty.

I believe on at least one DS you had to move. If this happens a lot perhaps you need to look at timings a little closer (which I am sure you are doing anyway raid leading) but then also plan your DS around mechanics too. On some fights though it will not be possible to avoid everything (perhaps Iskar is one of them with fire and chakram but then pick the worst one to work around).

I find your timings of DS a little odd. You DS at one minute and then 20 seconds later you have the adds with no DS. As they are probably your priority target (and you should also be getting more DPS here as well) then save your cooldowns for the start of the add phases when you need to burn the first bird down.

CBs: When not about to DS in the next 15-20 seconds then dump aggressively on your procs more. Again ideally you want to be leaving empty.

Resource Management: While you are still sporting the T17 2 set you want to be staying under 2.8 embers more, dealing with a cap ASAP and then like I said above dump more aggressively.

DoT Uptimes: Immolate at 79% this is far too low. With the T17 set this can mean a free ember so DoT everything! Not to mention the damage of it. The DoT fell off a lot and not just just during the add phases. Is your UI working for you properly? Are you aware of pandemic?

Havoc use: You had 3. There's logs of your same fight time with 8-9. There's a nice section in the Destro guide in the forum on how to maximise this.

Overall too low on SBs (get sniping those kills!), too low on CBs (22 compared to 40+), possibly missing 2-5 Conflag casts (bank for movement but do not cap), lack of teleport use and generally try to minimise movement if possible. You did 18 RoF casts was that all because you had to move? Also if needed get your guild to pass the eye quicker!

Execute: You used your Doomguard but he was only up for 20 seconds out of the 60. Refer back to what I said in the opener. You also forgot a second potion but for this smartest use would have been for a nuke phase.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on the Warlock sub-forum as this is my first time playing a Lock since Vanilla! (Current main was Holy Priest, then swtiched to Disc in MoP, then went Shadow (CoP) for WoD)

I tried Demonology before 6.2 and just couldn't get the hang of it. Tried Destro and it just wasn't my thing, switched to Aff right as the patch hit and I'm having so much more fun!
    Buuuuut, my DPS is inconsistent and I feel like I'm missing something very basic. My Raid group is super casual, only doing Normal a couple times a week. I know better gear could help, but I feel like improving my playing style is the most important thing I should be focusing on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jHrRYXVWZx4wPt38

Please let me know if that link doesn't work, last night was my first time using WarcraftLogs and I installed it in a rush right before we started.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Recent main change here (from Feral). I'm looking to improve my DPS quickly as I'd like to start raiding Mythic on my Warlock in the next few weeks. Here is a parse I did in LFR and would greatly appreciate your help on how to improve my DPS.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8

Regards,

Vullz

For LolJoh,

One of your biggest issues is actually your gear. Oh and for Affliction (well all 3 lock specs go the same) mastery is said to be stronger on multiple targets rather than haste for your gems/enchants.

Have you tried simming your character? Or have you tried DemServ? I really tend to think that with with your stats, lack of any tier set and long fight times you may be far better without SB: Haunt. You only had 25% uptime on this (though should be aiming for 100%!) which is way too low to be beneficial. Let me check out your log a little more though to see if you could have done things differently. I'm the first to admit I am not that experienced with reading Affliction logs but I seem to be the only one here at the moment so I think that is better than nothing!

Oh I would be neglectful if I did not point this out so Affliction is a poor spec choice overall for HFC. If you are just raiding casually though and you really don't care that's fine. With the cleave style though of so many fights it is rather weak on priority targets and yeah it has no AoE to speak of. You said you hate the other specs though and that's fair enough if you don't mind be lower down on the damage metres.

I'm going to keep it simple and go for Iron Reaver to point out any key issues. Reading something like the insanity that is Hellfire Assault with Affliction does not appeal to me!

Opener: Ok but check out Summonstone if you haven't yet to tidy it up for more burst. I would suggest though as you are shard starved to to manually apply all 3 DoTs like you did but the rest will be in the same order. This opening burst will tide you over well into the fight. As you had BL at the start then for overall damage then you also want DS x2 here (without the big gap that you had in the middle) and with full SB: Haunt coverage and then if you have any extra shards (you actually might with all the haste buffs) to throw out extra regular Haunts as appropriate.

Resource Management: So have you noticed that sometimes you get 2 shards back? Anyhow, thats why ideally I advise it's best to stay at 2 or under. A lot of the fight you seemed to stay at 2 shards so then you want to be casting Soulburn and then Haunt if your Haunting Spirits (HS) has less than 9 seconds left (or it has fallen off) and not just a regular Haunt (more so though on multi-target fights). Yeah so this is a big reason why you had such low uptime. You need to be prioritising SB: Haunt (which if you notice actually gives you a normal haunt as well) then any extra you use on the normal one and ideally with DS and then procs when you get some!

DoT Uptimes: Watch a little better/change your UI. They often fell off the boss during the ground phase. I'm guessing you know about panedemic? During the bomb phases ideally you will by a few that live a while. DoT everything, have up Haunting Spirits and then drain for the free shard. If you have enough shards make use of Soul Swap if appropriate.

Drain Soul uptime a little low so just always be casting. Then your combat potion was a little late and not with DS for the full effect.

Good luck.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-08 at 01:11 PM.

1 week in for both afflic and destro now and feedback from this thread has really helped so far! Getting a better grasp on afflic and DPS jumped from 5-16% on the fights it was used. However, my destro major AoE fights are still horrendous

Xhul
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=1&fight=43

Iskar
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

HFA
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=1&fight=2

I find that I'm moving so much I cannot get casts in enough, and when I do try to F&B CB the adds are mostly dead, I dont have embers to cast it, or could be better off using Havoc SB. My F&B CB casts and damage is REALLY low.

How do you build up embers for it? Initially I was going in with 1-2 embers then casting F&B Conflag or Incinerate to get to 3, cast F&B CB back to 1 ember then repeat to rebuild to 3. Yet this seemed to be too slow and I had half the F&B CB casts or less compared to other locks. Should I just straight build up to 4 before F&B CB then double dump embers and rebuild normally?

Macros
    1. I have one mouseover Havoc macro and another for Havoc on focus so I dont even have to mouseover or change targets. Kinda like a cheat insta havoc on fights where the boss is always up like Xhul & kilrogg. Bad habit building or legit way of doing it?

2. I'm extremely bad at casting Dark Soul with Destro for some reason. Demo was super easy knowing to do it when going into Meta, Afflic is easy as it also uses my on use trinkets but Destro I just forget to Is there a way to macro it in to do:
    -Cast DS
    -Toggle F&B on if it is off, otherwise leave on
    -Cast Chaos Bolt

This seems to be the biggest issue I'm having on AoE fights to CB enough and to use DS

Anything else I need to be doing?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me how to best read Warcraft logs to determine if a Destro lock is spending embers appropriately and also to see how much they are capping? Can you overlap a table showing at what point during the fight they have procs and if they are spending embers on those procs?

Spikeyshadow,

Thanks for the insight! I was basing the Haste enchants off of the recommended AskMrRobot specs, but I can see if I could buy Mastery instead.

I kinda figured Aff wasn't doing well in HFC as when we were on Kormrok and the hands popped up there isn't any AoE I could do.

I will definitely work on my opener and work on timing SB and the priority of SB: Haunt. After the initial 2x DS:M, should I be popping on CD? Or should I wait for 2 shard SB?

I've been trying to work on my DoT and DoT timers, I installed WA but still haven't really gotten the hang of it. I also JUST found out about the DoT rework that happened in MoP from my SO, so I think I have a MUCH better understanding of how to maximize my uptime.

With combat pot, should I refresh DoT and then pop when spamming DS? Should I wait for DS:M to come off CD?

Thanks for all the help!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Anything I can improve on ST Destruction?

The other lock is Affliction and he is doing tons of more damage than me, is Affliction really that much better than Destro in ST? Also he doesn't have Class Trinket and 4set

Toothreaper, still reading?
    yep, I'm right here
    o/

Toothreeper,

Not sure if you realised but the log you responded to wasn't actually directed to you Then when you didn't reply back I assumed that you had stopped reading and hence didn't analyse your log. As you are still here let me have a look. Like I say many times though issues with Destro tend to be very similar so read the other posts too incase something is also relevant. Let me answer your questions.

Ok, while you have a better Immolate uptime than the other log that rarely breaks or makes a fight and especially not something like Kormrok which has adds. Immolate was only about 11% of your damage so quite insignificant. However, it is actually one of our higher priority spells as it hits harder than both Conflag and Incinerate when you take into account cast times. So this should answer your question.

Nice opener by the way.

So generally comparing you to your guildy

F&B CBs: You: 0 Them: 4 . Was it worth your guidy casting these? Absolutely.
    SBs: You: 11 Them: 24 (not only they get more damage but probably gained more embers as well=even more damage)

DS: Guessing you probably know already but for overall damage and also to get the hands down ASAP use DS for them. Number of CBs in DS pretty good, keep it up.

Resource Management: Try to stay under 2.8 more while you have the T17 2 set which in turn should give you more CBs. If you have procs dump everything.

So all in all you actually played well Single Target wise. Just work on learning to F&B (if you plan and go into hands with high embers then you can possible get more CBs off overall before they die), sniping SB kills, maximising Havoc use though depending on group set up on Kormrok for example the hands may just die too fast (but then precast Havoc on the boss)! Take advantage of the outliers and the tanks' hands. Oh and for this fight I really like my teleport and gateway for getting around the room.

Hope this helps.

I'm a long time Warlock 10+ years, prior to Warlords always parsed high 90% etc...

Just seems I am not doing something and could help boost me.

If you get a chance here's a link check out Thugjr Warlock.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...914345/latest/

I would appreciate any help you can give.

lolz this is also one of the things I did not pay attention to..
    I mean I usually place my teleport & gateways on almost every encounter [like on the font mark for Tyrant or towards the back of the room for Kilrogg].. I did not use them on this fight however so yea thats also dps loss coz of movement..

Thanks again man, really appreciate it.

Guys, i need some help, but the forum won't let me post the logs links what should i do? Thanks in advance