Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How would one go about checking to see how many SB's were cleaved onto the boss via Havoc in wcl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thenightowl View Post
    How would one go about checking to see how many SB's were cleaved onto the boss via Havoc in wcl?
    Compare the amount of casts/hits of shadowburn. So it'd be hits minus the casts, and that would be your answer

Naidscrub,

The report that you posted isn't working for me. Did you type/paste it correctly? Otherwise let me know what server you are on and if EU/US and I will hunt down your logs.

Deleted
    Hey guys I have looked at my DPS latley and Im dissapointed I know I should pull way more ahead during some bosses during cleave/st etc Maybe not using havoc effectivley or other stuffs.

As affli I reapply dots 3-4sec before it expires make sure to have 2x soulshards to soulburn + haunt to get pandemic
    And Im pretty sure I sometimes accidently cast a haunt before doing soulburn brain goes derp mode time to time

My destru is really weak must do something wrong but our guild cleaves packs really fast and I feel like i can only get FnBrimstone 2-3chaos bolt aoe before I get starved on embers and by the time im spamming inc they are already almost dead and i just Shadowburn them.

Destru opener
    Opener on destru i precast incinerate then apply immolate 2x conflag dark soul inc spam try to get as many chaos bolt as possible in the opener

Affli opener
    Soulburn 10-20sec b4 pull cast haunt Soulburn + soul swap all dots dark soul drain soul/ doomguard if i get all proccs or save 4 later

Trinkets that I mainly use is HC council trinket + Archimonde on patchwerk fights I also got mythic Darmac + Goren Soul Repository I mainly think I should use GSR as destru rather than archimonde on some bosses etc. Got a Heroic Prophecy of fear aswell with socket

Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Look at Kormrok and above ( socrethar should be a heaven for destru to go ham on the adds but for some reason were doing fire good and I just ignore them pretty sure thats a huge mistake :3 I mainly spam shadow burn on those adds when theyr close by with low HP
    Logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=9

Tyrant + mannoroth + archi
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=17

Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by mmocec4a551860; 2015-07-24 at 01:23 PM.

So i did a log for the first time. (self buffed) I used pot, dark souls and doomguard in beginning just to see. i didn't continue my dark souls on purpose just to show yall what my dps is looking like if i was holding on to them like if there was something important part of a raid boss i needed to save them for. any advice is welcome. im new to logs so im still trying to analyze wtf im looking at lol thanks again

ME: us.battle. net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Megamason/simple

LOG: warcraftlogs. com/reports/yxKc9DtvPmbQg1qk#type=damage-done&source=8&graph=true

Mawi,

Well only you (and I guess your RL/officers) can choose what your role in a fight is. If you focus on single damage to kill the boss that is fine but then don't expect to be able to compare your logs to ones that have gone full out for overall damage. Like you also say if you have a lot of cleavers then it is harder to snipe execute kills especially as people get more geared and stuff dies quicker so just work with what you have. Of course you are at the mercy of kill times and crits or Nightfall procs.

Kormrok:

Did you Drain dying hands for shards?

Are you using your tools for getting around the room? (As needed).

Didn't look too deeply but are you refreshing DoTs too early?

Ideally you want to line DS with other buffs.

You forgot your second potion.

You SB: SS but then applied some DoTs manually again in your opener. I guess that you were moving. Ideally I would do Doomy pre-DS to save that global.

Your second Haunt cast was too late. Ideally during DS you want full coverage taking into account travel time.

Quite minor issues on the whole.

Socrethar:

Do you prefer glyphed DS for CR? I guess it could have its uses here for the adds.

Like you said yeah you didn't attack the ghosts for extra damage but that is an acceptable choice if it's the best option for your guild.

Otherwise then you would have been focusing on the other adds and you have only one Havoced CB and no Havocced SB in the whole encounter (even though you used Havoc 4 times, seems like it was more used for Immolate).

Generally SB snipes are very very low. Do you have obvious nameplates and a mouseover macro? Even if you are going ST then more snipes=more embers=more CBs on your target of choice (plus ideally you want to Havoc these over as well). Also as you have T18 then CB>SB in execute now days (unless you are Havoccing).

You seem to be staying quite high on embers and hence cap quite a few times. Assuming there is no nuke phase coming up in say 20 seconds then I do dump everything on my nicest procs.

Do you find SacPact essential?

As to the other logs due to lack of personal experience I do not feel able to read them at this point in time. Generally though your issues will be the same throughout. Here are the most common issues, some may apply, some not.

Low DoT uptime.
    Low CB usage (usually due to capping or just from not building properly) and especially more CBs during buffs
    Lack of preparation for nuke phases
    Low F&B CB usage
    Low SB sniping
    Low Havoc usage
    Not using your tools to cope with movement
    Not aligning procs and CDs

Hope this helped and check out this for Archimonde.

Megamason,

A combat dummy and a log of only 2 minutes gives so little info it is not worth reading. If you really want a read and are not raiding soon get into a LFR again. The first 6 bosses of HFC would give people a lot more to go on and then they can compare you to others as well. Play as you normally would. Do not hold onto DS and just as a heads up try to get more CBs out during DS and other buffs.

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

k thanks.
    I'll try and get that done next week.

Hello! I've been a little upset lately with my DPS on some bosses as destro, I know my havoc usage is absolutely horrid so I'd love some tips for getting better with that! The fights I mostly struggle on are Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Soc, Xhul, and Manno. I know for those fights I should be doing a lot better because of Havoc and I'd like to better myself and actually do well on those fights.

Here are some logs from this week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vx1aqMwg4pHc2P8f
    Assault - Gore (I did horrible of Assault but when we started Heroic assault this week I pulled about 50k, No idea if that's good or not)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BtayWQ9Kfj3vRH1r
    Soc - Tyrant

These logs are from the Previous Week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...twhNJ#fight=12
    Xhul + Manno

I use the opener listed on Summon Stone

Prepot > Precast Incin > Immo > DS/Doom > Conflag 2x > Incin > Chaos 2x > Refresh Immo > Build up embers to throw some more bolts of chaos

Heres my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Varltok/simple

I'd love any help or advice you guys can give me! Thanks!

For Varltok,

Easiest way to see how you are doing is open a log and on the right side click on rankings. Then have a look at your Bracket % for each fight and that is how you are doing compared to people with a similar item level. The other helpful thing there is your Best Rank so you can check that you are actually improving each week (RNG withstanding). For some "gimmicky" fights like Kilrogg and say Council you have to take the context into account. Also max dps isn't usually the thing that kills bosses; it's priority damage.

As to how to get better with Havoc is basically you need to train yourself to keep looking for it. If you use something like Weak Auras then you can make some big annoying/flashing/noisy thing so you will not miss when it is off cool down. Then with time it should be more automatic for you to keep checking. Other than that sometimes it's more a case of watching timings to know when to pre-cast and for Havoc you ideally need to have the embers in advance for the CB/SB as well.

Openers: Do Doomy pre-DS.

DS: Generally get to 3.5ish embers pre-DS/a nuke phase and spend as many CBs as you can. If there is no nuke phase pair DS with another proc. Try to avoid capping embers. With the T17 2 set you probably will not want to go above 2.8 much unless yeah a nuke phase. All 3 fights that I looked at you are actually missing a DS use or more for the fight length.

Unless a nuke phase is coming before you can get full embers again then dump more in procs.

Like you said very low Havoc use.

Very low SB sniping so in turn less CBs (thougj I struggle to get many on Kilrogg with my raid set up). Do you have a mouseover macro and obvious nameplates?

Immolate uptimes low.

Missing Conflag uses

Use potions.

For Gorefiend: Save DS for double during Feast. For the one you BL on also save Doomy and potion.

I don't feel comfy reading the later logs yet but pretty much whatever your issues are in these fights will be the same through out.

Hope this helped and good luck

Friday - Saturday

Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with destro. I'm ranking pretty low in my bracket and I wonder if it's because my ilevel is so high but without a 4-set bonus.

Affliction is easy for me and its just mistakes or soul-shard procs, but for some reason I really feel dumb on destro this tier, especially Xhul from saturday.

I just killed Kilrogg yesterday on HC, hoping to improve my logs on him, I obviously went in the Visions and ended the boss fight with 140~k DPS and 40 million damage according to my updated Skada, but then when I parsed the logs it showed that I did 106kdps and 31million dmg? What is the cause behind this?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    For Varltok,

Easiest way to see how you are doing is open a log and on the right side click on rankings. Then have a look at your Bracket % for each fight and that is how you are doing compared to people with a similar item level. The other helpful thing there is your Best Rank so you can check that you are actually improving each week (RNG withstanding). For some "gimmicky" fights like Kilrogg and say Council you have to take the context into account. Also max dps isn't usually the thing that kills bosses; it's priority damage.

As to how to get better with Havoc is basically you need to train yourself to keep looking for it. If you use something like Weak Auras then you can make some big annoying/flashing/noisy thing so you will not miss when it is off cool down. Then with time it should be more automatic for you to keep checking. Other than that sometimes it's more a case of watching timings to know when to pre-cast and for Havoc you ideally need to have the embers in advance for the CB/SB as well.

Openers: Do Doomy pre-DS.

DS: Generally get to 3.5ish embers pre-DS/a nuke phase and spend as many CBs as you can. If there is no nuke phase pair DS with another proc. Try to avoid capping embers. With the T17 2 set you probably will not want to go above 2.8 much unless yeah a nuke phase. All 3 fights that I looked at you are actually missing a DS use or more for the fight length.

Unless a nuke phase is coming before you can get full embers again then dump more in procs.

Like you said very low Havoc use.

Very low SB sniping so in turn less CBs (thougj I struggle to get many on Kilrogg with my raid set up). Do you have a mouseover macro and obvious nameplates?

Immolate uptimes low.

Missing Conflag uses

Use potions.

For Gorefiend: Save DS for double during Feast. For the one you BL on also save Doomy and potion.

I don't feel comfy reading the later logs yet but pretty much whatever your issues are in these fights will be the same through out.

Hope this helped and good luck

Thanks for the reply! I do have a mouseover macro for havoc and am using Tidy Plates to show nameplates but I still blow with it, so I will go and practice a bunch and get the hang of it but I feel that i take to long with havoc to get any shadowburns off but as you said that requires practice. Everything else you mentioned I will work on next time I raid (probably gonna spam LFRS this weekend just for practice) especially my Immolate uptimes. Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it!

Vartlok - I'm in a similar boat as you: my destro DPS is below where it should be, and not enough Havoc usages is the main culprit. I know it's ideal to get 3 shadowburns off with havoc: but on fights with low health adds that die quickly (like Gorefiend and Killrog) - the tricky part is that if you wait too long the add is dead before you get all three casts off and you wasted havoc charges. I don't have a great answer - some of it comes with practice and learning how quickly your raid kills stuff. But 2 Incinerates and 1 shadowburn is better than 1 shadowburn and nothing else! I also need to work on my weak aura's so I get more of a big flashing thing saying 'Havoc is off cooldown!"

would a lfr from brf suffice or should i wait till tuesday for hfc.

Megamason,

Any WoD raid is fine but as you are raiding HFC it makes more sense to record there as someone may give be able to give advice which helps your current play. You can do LFR again even if you have done it; you are just lootlocked. Otherwise a normal or heroic raid would be better in terms of what people can see.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughtrey maybe it has something to do with you rarely playing it? I see Affliction after Affliction fight. As to Xhul that will depend on what your priorities are. If you are off killing Doomfiends only then your dps will be much lower than someone who hits say Imps, Omus and Xhul only.

On your last attempt I see that you never enter F&B and the others you use it infrequently. I find that pretty strong for Imp killing but again it depends on your role and what the rest of your raid team is like. All the logs that I look at have F&B CBs as their highest damage done.

Lack of Shadowfury as well but perhaps again your raid has that covered.

Other than that ideally more SBs and especially with Havoc.

Keep an eye on DS a little more as you seemed to be capped on charges for a while.

Then it's the normal advice of more CB during DS and other buffs.

Check out the Summonstone guide for a better opener with more burst. That will tide you over longer. It's good though to save your Doomy. Dump all CBs before DS wears off.

Resources kinda obvious but avoid capping.

Nothing much to add. Occassional gaps in casting but I find that to be expected on this fight.

Good luck.

Varltok,

Thanks for the reply and I hope that you see a significant rise in damage soon. Some habits take longer to change though.

Yeah Jaman making sure you use all your Havoc charges is pretty important if you cannot get enough SB. It's something I need to work on as well.

For Tonberi,

No clue to be honest. Once upon a time with certain bosses there were phasing issues but I have the impression that got fixed. Probably best people to ask are the Warcraftlogs ones. There's a thread on these forums somewhere or they have their own boards.

Hello, I've been a little concerned about my single target dps as destro, and since I don't have any logs from my guild's raids at hand, I decided to just do a quick lfr run of Oregorger and Gruul.

Here's the log: warcraftlogs. com/reports/2rhtJzvxdFcMHBZ3/

Here's my armory: us.battle. net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Malvinick/simple

I guess the main thing I want to know is, is my dps about "on target" for someone of my item level? Regardless of if it is or not though, I'd still like to know what I could be doing better. Also, I've been running charred remains+sac, but would demonic servitude be a better choice with my current gear? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry to Spikeyshadow, I was doing some late night arenas and accidentally logged out in PvP gear. Also, doing HFC tonight so I should be able to post a log of that as well.
    Last edited by ThePhantombox; 2015-07-28 at 08:57 PM.

For Malvinick,

I don't know to be honest what spec would fair better for you but the results are usually so close anyhow in single target (ST). I personally advise to keep going with CR as you will learn it better rather then getting to grips with 2 different playstyles.

Do you have any tier set? Your character logged out in pvp stuff so I am not sure what you are wearing. If you do not that will lower your DPS for your item level plus if you have poor trinkets and/or a weapon.

Plus I feel if I have to say it so just for the record Affliction would probably give you more ST damage than Destruction.

As you are doing a previous tier it is a bit harder to compare. I tend to think you should be be doing a few more k than you are so let's see if we can track down some stuff to improve on. If your guide does log then you can compare how you are doing to other locks in the rankings section. There are other factors to take into account when doing that though so the stuff I said above and also kill times and just generally raid set up. For example, how much execute competition you have and what your role is on a fight. Best person to compare yourself is yourself.

Opener: Decent but can be a little tidier. Not so easy in a pug but try to pre-cast for double trinket procs and pre-pot. Now I see one of your issues you have no trinkets that proc anyhow (not essential but it helps). Do Doomy pre-DS.

Check out the Summonstone guide (and make a copy as the site is closing on Friday!) Otherwise there's a nice little video in these forums in the Destro guide, by the same lock anyhow, which also explains it. In future you may want to watch your backdraft stacks a little better as you are not in such a rush to get everything out however you had embers galore so yeah get those CBs out!

DoT Uptime: Pretty poor on both fights. Either just need to check more or have an UI change. Are you aware of the pandemic effect? Immolate=more embers=more CB before even knowing that it hits for a lot more than Conflag and Incinerate anyhow.

Resource Managment: Bit of a strange graph on Gruul. Were you high and/or capped a lot? As you currently only have your ring to dump on you do not have to bank quite so hard. Anyhow, main thing at the moment is more checking of important information. Keep seeing where your Immolate DoT is at and what your embers are. Amount of CBs in DS each time is mostly nice but remember to dump all embers again before DS wears off. Potion with DS good.

Casts: A few periods of non casting. Could you have perhaps used your teleport or gateway? Are you saving Conflags until almost the second charge?

Extra Ore Stuff: Just as a heads up you used Havoc twice but only got out one CB. Not a single SB on the crates. Perhaps your raid team was too win but as Destro on any type of multi-target fight you want to be sniping these kills as often as possible. Do you have obvious nameplates and a mouseover macro for SB? No potion use here.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-28 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Hi There,

this may be stupid but uncertainty has gotten the better of me with set bonuses, i know i need to aim for them ASAP i have t18H helm but all other set areas (chest/legs/shoulders/gloves) i have HC and HCWF items in and no chance of getting hc tier until next reset, is it worth taking a hit to ilvl and a stat drop to get normal tier for the bonuses or do i stick with the HC items until i can get the HC versions of tier if i am lucky enough?
    Nooby question but help would be appreciated!

If armory is needed its Thock on Vek'Nilash

Hello all!

We have a Warlock in our guild who has really been struggling with her DPS. She's read over Warlock guides, gotten tips and help with the rotation from other very good Warlocks but her DPS continues to be a major issue and I'm hoping one of you fine folks might be able to point out from the logs why this is so.

Here is her log from the Kormrok (N) fight this week, I figure it would be a good place to start since there are ST and AoE mechanics in the fight.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/zHhbnNtrC6vjmQP1#fight=21&source=7&type=damage-done

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-scryers/Viermicar/simple

We would really appreciate any input.
    Thank you!

Hi Thock,

I don't have an answer to that question. You could try the appropriate spec thread.

For Hassell,

2 tips for now before someone gets to go through the logs. Utilise Havoc and its charges a lot more and with CR the best pairing is Go-Sac.