Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    2 questions:

1. How are you guys performing to the rest of your raid in terms of wow percentile/bracket percentile?

2. Any pointers for me? warcraftlogs. com /rankings/character/139531/latest#boss=0

I feel that while I am trying to do the best, I am unable to get to some of the ranks thats some of the people can constantly maintain. Whether that is because I was/am until recently undergeared compared ot the rest of my raid, or that I am not put in positions to do those numbers or it is just plain lock, I have no idea.

Adinfinito, That is definitely why I came here. When i look at logs on kills I am lucky to recently be getting 8-10% for fights and its really frustrating. Wish I could find a really good site that just had a big tips and tricks section for locks. (heck maybe someone knows of something)

Deleted

destro playstyle problems

Hey, i hope you guys can help me out. Im not really expirienced in caster dps and started to play caster with hfc. so my problem is now that we started to go mythic first boss and there i have to play destro. i dont really know why im not doing the dps im supposed to do (or should do with my gear).

one problem is ofc that my enchantments are for affli, but i dont think that would change that much... i think im doing something wrong :/ help me

https //www warcraftlogs com reports/Fbgk9vCDRNMcAf6y

thank you!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    This should probably go on the "fix my dps" thread.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this thread is out of control lately!! Are locks the FotM or just really super difficult to figure out these days? Just so far behind a few other classes that they all need help upping DPS?

Either way, I've gone from a helper to a helpee myself

Spikey, good luck with this! Maybe soon I can get back into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Almost universally when I see poor Destruction Warlocks it comes down to 4 things - poor Havoc usage, poor Shadowburn usage, poor F&B utilization and no procs tracking and planning.

You need to give us some logs so we can advise, as otherwise we would need to rewrite a whole stickied guide for you here.
    I totally agree with these "big 4", but can you explain what/how you'd check for these in logs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    Wow, this thread is out of control lately!! Are locks the FotM or just really super difficult to figure out these days? Just so far behind a few other classes that they all need help upping DPS?

Either way, I've gone from a helper to a helpee myself

Spikey, good luck with this! Maybe soon I can get back into it.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with these "big 4", but can you explain what/how you'd check for these in logs?
    Havoc casts/uptime, Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn casts vs hits, F&B casts and behavior, procs, pots and DS lineup in buffs sections.

There is tons of info in the logs... total damage done does not tell anything much besides whether you did good or not as a whole. Go dig other tabs and your own damage spread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oseu View Post
    Hey, i hope you guys can help me out. Im not really expirienced in caster dps and started to play caster with hfc. so my problem is now that we started to go mythic first boss and there i have to play destro. i dont really know why im not doing the dps im supposed to do (or should do with my gear).

one problem is ofc that my enchantments are for affli, but i dont think that would change that much... i think im doing something wrong :/ help me

https //www warcraftlogs com reports/Fbgk9vCDRNMcAf6y

thank you!
    I went over your Mythic Assault attempts and it is literally what I said earlier in this thread:

Almost universally when I see poor Destruction Warlocks it comes down to 4 things - poor Havoc usage, poor Shadowburn usage, poor F&B utilization and no procs tracking and planning.
    I swear it is always the same thing... always.

I took your 2 best Mythic Assault attempts and what I see is plain as a day - on an encounter where you are literally swarming with adds and targets that drop below 20% EVERYWHERE around you managed only to cast around 10 Shadowburns in total. Your procs lineup is decent, but you Havoc usage is terrible - you do use it, but only exclusively with Chaos Bolt, where in reality you should use it with Shadowburn most of the time.

If you want a comparison, on my last Mythic Assault kill I used Shadowburn 70 times and had 89 hits for it (meaning 19 Shadowburn cleaves).

Then there is a whole matter of F&B which is a divisive topic, but I do believe a careful use of F&B is a good choice for Assault because it feeds you with embers at ridiculous rates which you put into primary target afterwards.

Deleted

Question destrolock - Some guidance

Hi Guys.

I would like to ask for your help.

Zhakra from Grim-Batol EU

I have this stats as shown on armory.

Should i cut more crit and mastery to increase multi and haste?

Intellect 5252

Spell Power 7177

Crit 19.75%

Haste 5.33%

Mastery 81.85%

Multistrike 4.02%

Versatility 2.08%

Can you give some tips do increase damage?

I have also the Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia Normal version.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys!

My DPS isn't that low on some fights (mostly ST) but I keep getting crappy records bracket-wise.
    Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want to push my gameplay higher.

Here are the most recent logs and my armory.

Tarov: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Tarov/advanced

Tyrant
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/ntCvaQH4gGZpN6fy#fight=4&translate=true&type=summary&source=19 (most recent log - Aug 26)

Council
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jp9Va4YtHM1PjWmh#fight=7&translate=true

Iskar
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/NYnyfvHpmKj3GqFV#fight=12&translate=true

Thanks!
    Tarov
    Last edited by Tarov; 2015-09-01 at 01:21 PM.

Can you give some tips do increase damage?
    Reroll mage xD

Should I cut more crit and mastery to increase multi and haste?
    as destro you want to be stacking crit and mastery all the way.. there is a BiS list in Furty's guide [Link Below]. If you can craft some items and upgrade them to stage 6 that would be better for progression because the BiS list items is based on what drops from the raid basically, so they might be missing one of the 2 secondary stats you need.

Furty's guide is good if you wanna know what to do as destro:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

For the trinket part one of the warlocks [Zagam I think?] explained them in a detailed way:
    http://darkintentions.net/62-destruction-guide.html
    However, I'm not really sure if its updated for the affliction part.. the destruction part remains more or less the same.
    Last edited by toothreaper; 2015-09-01 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    Iskar

Thanks!
    Tarov
    I'll reply on Iskar, since I am best at Destruction.

But again and again... Only 3 Shadowburns used in a fight with tons of adds? Only 3 Havoc uses across the whole encounter? Why so low?

Really, Destruction is literally all about those two spells. If you do not intend to use them and just want to AoE, then you are better off as Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    Hi guys!

My DPS isn't that low on some fights (mostly ST) but I keep getting crappy records bracket-wise.
    Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want to push my gameplay higher.

Here are the most recent logs and my armory.

Tarov: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Tarov/advanced

Tyrant
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/ntCvaQH4gGZpN6fy#fight=4&translate=true&type=summary&source=19 (most recent log - Aug 26)

Council
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jp9Va4YtHM1PjWmh#fight=7&translate=true

Iskar

Thanks!
    Tarov
    Tarov for the council fight I noticed you aren't using fragment. Do you have fragment available to you? If so you should use it because its the best trinket by far for 3 targets. Another thing that I noticed in this parse is that you used your doomguard at the end of the fight. You should be using your doomguard with lust during the time that you are killing gurtogg. Your dot uptime on dia is very low at the worst its 59% on UA, you need to constantly refresh dots over basically anything besides maybe Soulburn Haunt, but even then you should have 10 seconds grace where you can refresh all your dot at 10 seconds remaining on soulburn haunt before having to refresh it. The ring usage for your guild is a little bit pushed because it looks like you're trying to squeeze in a 3rd use which you can, but the guild delayed the 2nd use too much so that the 3rd use was mostly wasted at the end. Your guild should either use the ring procs instantly or save the 2nd for a good point in the fight and not worry about trying to use a 3rd ring. Your haunting spirits uptime is 80% this might be due to low gear, but try to aim closer to 100% uptime. Your darksoul usage seems to be careless. One of the reasons that warlocks take the 2 charge system on Dark Soul is so that you can plan your uses of them better without losing one throughout the fight. On this fight I'd use the 1st one on the pull with your ring, the 2nd one on lust, the 3rd one on your 2nd ring proc, and the 4th with your 3rd ring proc. Try to be more careful with your darksoul usage and plan it out before you pull the boss.

hey there guys, i was looking for some pointers to help increase my warlock dps currently most fights i sit on 30k average while other locks that i have been raiding with have pulled way more then what i can and were less gaered then what i am. ive been getting some coaching from another lock in the guild and seem to be doing things right but cant seem to manage to get past the 30-35k mark at the end of the fight in 99% of cases.

my profile: askmrrobot (DOT) com/wow/player/us/thaurissan/shadowfruity (new to the forums so i cant post links)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfruit View Post
    hey there guys, i was looking for some pointers to help increase my warlock dps currently most fights i sit on 30k average while other locks that i have been raiding with have pulled way more then what i can and were less gaered then what i am. ive been getting some coaching from another lock in the guild and seem to be doing things right but cant seem to manage to get past the 30-35k mark at the end of the fight in 99% of cases.

my profile: askmrrobot (DOT) com/wow/player/us/thaurissan/shadowfruity (new to the forums so i cant post links)
    Hey Fruity,

I'm not 100% familiar with sifting through askmrrobot logs, but from what I could determine the biggest thing holding you back is your DoT uptimes. You're hovering around 20% on Hellfire High Council? That's really, really, really bad - you should be somewhere above 95% for starters. Even on Kilrogg you have 85% on Agony, 75% on Corruption, and 50% on UA. Again, really, really, really bad.

There's a lot more I can say about improving (Haunting Spirits and Grimoire of Sacrifice) but none of it will matter until you can at least get your DoTs up to 95%, preferably 99%. And even before that - just never, ever, ever let Agony fall off - NEVER.

What are you using to track your DoTs on your targets? How are you applying your DoTs on your targets - especially in multi-target situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    Hey Fruity,

I'm not 100% familiar with sifting through askmrrobot logs, but from what I could determine the biggest thing holding you back is your DoT uptimes. You're hovering around 20% on Hellfire High Council? That's really, really, really bad - you should be somewhere above 95% for starters. Even on Kilrogg you have 85% on Agony, 75% on Corruption, and 50% on UA. Again, really, really, really bad.

There's a lot more I can say about improving (Haunting Spirits and Grimoire of Sacrifice) but none of it will matter until you can at least get your DoTs up to 95%, preferably 99%. And even before that - just never, ever, ever let Agony fall off - NEVER.

What are you using to track your DoTs on your targets? How are you applying your DoTs on your targets - especially in multi-target situations?
    hey, on boss fights i normally start off with SB:SS -> SB:H -> doomy -> DS:M -> DS, refreshing dots where needed, and using DS:M after i apply SB:H
    to track them i use quartz but been looking at other mods and not really sure whats the better one to track them.

also still rather new to locks, only made my char 2 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfruit View Post
    hey, on boss fights i normally start off with SB:SS -> SB:H -> doomy -> DS:M -> DS, refreshing dots where needed, and using DS:M after i apply SB:H
    to track them i use quartz but been looking at other mods and not really sure whats the better one to track them.

also still rather new to locks, only made my char 2 weeks ago.
    You need something that shows your DoTs (Agony, Corrupation, Unstable Affliction) on your target(s). I like to have them on my nameplates with the use of Tidyplates, but I also have an aura bar showing above my target frame and I also have boss frames enabled to show me my personal Debuffs on multiple targets. I use mouseover macros to apply my Dots so there's minimal target switching required. With DoT uptimes as seen in your logs it's evident that you're missing something like this - you're not tracking what you need to know properly - so you might want to spend some time on your UI to make sure you're able to execute the theory of the class/spec.

Hey guys! So I've been having a really hard time with H HFC, Mani and Archi in particular. I'm fairly sure that its due to my havoc-SB sniping, or rather lack there of. Logs will be linked, I'm Utterchaos in them. I would appreciate any/all advice or comments one what the hell I'm doing wrong. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9nKq4#fight=18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    Hey guys! So I've been having a really hard time with H HFC, Mani and Archi in particular. I'm fairly sure that its due to my havoc-SB sniping, or rather lack there of. Logs will be linked, I'm Utterchaos in them. I would appreciate any/all advice or comments one what the hell I'm doing wrong. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9nKq4#fight=18
    Pretty easy to analyze for yourself - just compare yourself with the other lock in your group:

-You cast 35 Chaos Bolts that hit 38 times (3 Havocs); He cast 59 Chaos Bolts that hit 64 times (5 Havocs).
    -You cast 13 Shadowburns that hit 13 times (0 Havocs); He cast 34 Shadowburns that hit 35 times (1 Havoc).

That is the main issue. He cast almost 3x the Shadowburns and as a result was able to generate the embers to support casting almost twice as many Chaos Bolts as you. Some other things you might want to consider:

-You cast your Doomguard at the start and randomly took your 2nd pot in the middle of the fight; He lined up his Doomguard and 2nd pot with TW towards the end.
    -For some reason it looks like you're using Glyph of Dark Soul and I'm pretty sure it's advised against in almost all circumstances but to be honest you had a very similar uptime for DS as your counterpart.

The end.

Hello all and thank you for this splendid section of the forums! First off, i'm relatively new to affliction I mained destro all the way through MOP and took a break from the game. Anywho on to the subject at hand. I need some guidance on what is going on with my affliction numbers. The other lock in our group is doing heaps better than me when it comes to affliction. When it comes to destro its fine, he's a little higher and has 4piece. So I'm not really worried that much about that. However can someone PLEASE explain to me wtf is going on? I feel like my uptimes are good and everything. He told me he has the haste trinket, and I looked at his burst and it's like 100k more than me. Maybe that's the issue? I'm not sure. Figured i'd bring it to the guys who know! Any help would be wonderful! ALso is his haunt uptime because of his 4piece or what? I physically can't produce more shards than I have to keep haunt up, especially can't waste them on haunt instead of soulburn haunt right?

Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KH3x7XtPmdpnT9qy/#fight=17

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Gunslingers/advanced

sorry, I can't post correctly, my name is Gunslingers and i'm on US stormrage if you want to just search it.

Mainly looking at hellfire council. My haunting spirits had like 99% uptime. I'm just dumbfounded and it's bothering me :/
    I also looked at how low my drain soul time is. Maybe that's it too? However I feel like i'm moving all the time. Maybe he just turrets and says fuck it? I don't know lmao
    Last edited by Gunslingers; 2015-09-09 at 06:47 PM.

Hello guys, we have a warlock who recently picked up his fresh legendary ring. The thing is, the performance on some bosses is not as good as it could be. I am trying to analyze the log to see the differences aside of gear, myself, but I am not a warlock, I had a decent alt in prev tier, but with all the new trinkets and tier pieces I cannot really imagine how it FEELS to prioritize the stuff(not playing ranged atm as well).

So here is the armory - Нираи
    From what I can tell, she got 720 Star Fragment(or whatever the name of Arch trinket), 690 Desecrated Insignia and 700 Goren Soul Repository, and recently acquired 720 Iron Reaver Piston(trash, I guess). The thing is, whereas she is 2 ilvls below the 2nd good warlock(who goes affliction all the way and makes some people sick about it), and misses a lot of legendary ring upgrades, sometimes, even when the DPS difference of rings is 200k, the difference overall is much higher. I'd gently ask you to check out what went wrong, since I am unable to see all the small warlock tricks.

Before going thru logs, a reference list of our other warlocks.
    Аматерас is the most geared and by far skilled warlock representative, Гивмисоул is the dude that can play affliction only, and 2 ilvls higher than the warlock I'm asking for, here.

Iskar(something went wrong at the very very end)

Zakuun(died at the end, and had a wrong trinket from what I heard)

Xhul(too many shadowburns, are shadowburns not good now?)

Tyrant(looks like everything went wrong over here)

Mannoroth

Archimonde

Assault Mythic

Unrelated question-the full-affliction warlock plays terrorguard all the way. What is the trick behind it?
    Thank you very much for your attention, and a huge thanks for any type of the feedback you can provide, I know that I am asking for a lot.

EDIT1:I guess I found out what was wrong on Velari(no haunts and dps on ads),and on Xhul(2nd warlock was precasting chaosbolts before imps spawn, or so, and did much more due to it). Socrethar is... I am not sure on how to check it, all warlocks were doing completely diff things. Mannoroth and Archimonde are still the biggest questions
    Last edited by Minoan; 2015-09-10 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Checked some logs by myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.