Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks Styxxa, I will try out your suggestions.

In regards to the Kormrok fight I am just curious how the best AFF in my iLVL can pull the double of my DPS (according to Warcraftlogs). Even with 100% uptime on HS and different trinkets it strikes me as a huge difference.

[QUOTE=Styxxa;37027369]You can either have those standard mouseover macros like your have for Shadowburn or you can use an addon like Clique. Either way, here's an example of how easy it is to apply DoTs to multiple boss targets with either solution:

Hey! Long time lurker fist time posting here. Is anyone able to shed some light on which addons are being used in the youtube video above? I've been looking for a clean way to track dot duration(via countdown timers not bars) for multiple bosses just like this so I can mouseover to reapply. Got cursor addon squared away. Havnt been able to achieve exactly what I want with ElvUi or Shadow Unit frames yet. Then I see this and its exactly what I've been striving for in my setup. Any help would be appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killermig View Post
    In regards to the Kormrok fight I am just curious how the best AFF in my iLVL can pull the double of my DPS (according to Warcraftlogs). Even with 100% uptime on HS and different trinkets it strikes me as a huge difference.
    Is he using Cataclysm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Hey! Long time lurker fist time posting here.
    That's Zevoa's UI its probably available somewhere if you search - either his YouTube or somewhere in the Warlock WA thread on this forum. He's using ElvUI and I believe Affdots if I'm not mistaken.

Need Mythic Xhul Rotation & Mechanic Help

First night on this guy last night and my DPS tanked hard. Have quite a few questions with mechanics and abilities

We have a group of 4 outside the main group to bait blackholes and chains, yet I'm finding I'm wasting a ton of casting time running for these = no damage.

1. Black holes are sucking me in and I spend the entire time just running to prevent being sucked in. When these are soaked should they go away right away and our soakers are just slow which is why I'm having to run? Or is my positioning horrible? Just keep casting while getting dragged in and hope/trust that they'll do their job with the hole?

2. I've been consistently getting chains about 1/2 of the time = more running and no DPS time. I'm not totally sure what feign death or guise does for the group standing out, does it prevent chains from being cast, or is it recast on another person if not timed properly so someone else gets it?

3. Fire & brimstone, my weakest area with warlock. I can AoE just fine if it's sustained but toggle on and off for 2-3 casts really kills me. Imps come around every 20 seconds, should I be using conflag to pump out F&B CBs faster (highest DPS lock in our group seems to be doing so), whereas I'm using backdraft all on incinerate. My sustained F&B goes like
    -(1 Ember) Conflag
    -(2.5) Immolate
    -(1.5) Incinerate (1/3 backdraft charges used)
    -(3+) CB
    -(1to2) Incinerate (2/3 charges)
    -(3+) CB
    -(1to2) Incinerate (3/3 charges)
    -(3+) CB

Yet looking at his casts I'm seeing conflag - F&B toggle on - Chaos Bolt, then just hard casting incinerate to build embers without backdraft. For the imps here I'm skipping the immolate in the above since they'll die so fast so I just F&B, conflag, incin, CB, incin, CB but by the 2nd CB land time the imps are dead and that cast more or less whiffs.

4. Should I just keep F&B on for the entire time even outside of imp time on 3 targets (Xhul, Omnus + Akkelion)? Could this be sustained with immolate on all 3 then AoE all the big guys?

5. We usually have 3 locks, 2-4 hunters, 2 rogues, DK and 1-2 warriors in the group which is plenty of AoE. If I do point #3&4 above, would I just ignore the void adds then and let hunters and mages deal with them? In some later pulls I just stopped trying to aoe and just havoc the void adds to help drop them faster at a lower overall DPS rate in the fight, but if I went on the imps, big adds and boss DPS would go up quite a bit. Hunters, mages and priests have other roles for BH/chains so their damage on void adds arent always caught up but imps die ultra fast

Logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=39
    Spent so much time running from fire, running from back hole, running from chains.. running around lost doing no damage

Any other issues?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Imps come on timer, pretty easy to have 4 embers once they land, you can start precasting F&B CB while they are flying in.

Shadowburn any imp that gets to 20%, make sure to have Havoc up on one of the big adds.

Outside imps don't use F&B, keep normal immolate up on big adds.

Use Teleport to mitigate movement, don't stand at max range, otherwise every Black Hole you will be running a lot.

When imps are clear scan for Void adds at low HP to Shadowburn them and Havoc it on big targets.

1. tell your soakers to watch the timers and spot where the black hole will spawn, so they can move to it, before it starts soaking, one rogue having 3-4sec less uptime on boss is better than all casters and healers not being able to cast for the same amount of time

2. you should not get chains, if your positioning is right

3. check timers, make sure have 3+ embers, there is no reason to conf first, since you can just precast on the boss, use it to regain embers and cast more chaosbolts, by the time you've casted your 2. chaosbolts you should be able to execute

4. no

5. what helped use immensely was everyone bursting down one voidfiend and the other one gettin done by hunter/mages
    made it possible for me to do good dmg on voidfiends, execute them, have 3 embers and all of this before imps spawn.

1. A bit of both, mostly your soaker. Soakers should be spotting the BlackHole spawn point (which should pretty much always be on the chains bait group location) and jumping into it the second it spawn. The actual drag the BlackHole does should last only a second. Secondly, its up the other people to move away from a Blackhole if it spawns beside them. I just let it drag me while casting, and between me ensuring I am not too close and the soaker soaking on time, you should never have to fight the drag effect.

2. Chains means you're too close to chains baiters or they are too close to raid stack.

3/5. I always prioritize having embers ready. Precasting F&B CB as the imps land, Conflag to get back to 3+ embers, and then another F&B CB. At this point they should be getting to execute range so havoc Shadowburns to kill the Void adds. At the start of the fight, the imps and void adds are coming out at almost the exact same time. The 2nd and 3rd wave your imps will be in shadowburn range with voids out. I havoc shadowburns into one and ST cb the second. As you get later into the fight, the waves get out of sync and voids wont spawn until after your imps are dealt with, so go ham and havoc CB them to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    4. Regarding F&B, don't be afraid to keep it up for the first bit of the fight while you have imps, 2 big adds and possibly Voidfiends in there. You should be able to sustain it and still have 3+ embers for the next Imp spawn. Here's an example of a parse that maintained F&B and used the class trinket to great effect. He stayed in F&B for 25s at this point of the fight. If your damage is needed on the Voidfiends though then forget what I said. (This was something I started doing more of on farm.)

Alternatively, if you play it right with ember management as others suggested, you should be able to F&B CB the Imps then Havoc+SB a few so you'll end up with full embers anyway. If you don't want to go full F&B, an F&B immolate if it hits the 3 main targets is a good compromise. Frees up a few globals for ST damage on Voidfiends or whatever else.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-11-25 at 10:56 PM.

Hi there

I've newly returned to raiding and have done some mythic with a guild that has offered me a trial based on my extensive previous raiding experience. My legendary ring is far behind all the others in the raid. My gear is nowhere near optimal, notably weapons and trinkets.

I feel my dps is wasted on adds as the other dps in the raid get them dead quickly which doesn't give me much time to contribute. I also haven't had the benefit of learning how to dps these fights on progression to grow accustomed to the mechanics and when to use cooldows. A DSI would be great as I could use my second DS charge for when it procs outside of the opener.

Xhul this week was awful, I was focused on not messing up mechanics as it was my first time doing the fight on Mythic and I was paying little attention to DPS.

Any comments and help is greatly appreciated, feel free to criticise. I very much want to get back into raiding and am not used to suffering through content as an underperforming raider.

I am Avátar in these logs.

Log from first week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/21zqrB8GpTmbQyHY

Logs from second week. I know my death on Tyrant was totally avoidable and I didn't DG on Socrethar. I was focusing on the final ring use and underestimated how quickly the boss the would die with everyone's ring active.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ytzM7GRZnk1FdAgD
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w3mBM7zt4XR1pvJ9
    14/14 H 25 Warlock

Hmm. With iLvl boosts..

Upgrade Mythic Prophecy of Fear that I got from my cache or stick with my 2/2 Sandman's Pouch

Waiting for UGoS

Deleted

Just went back to warlock.... dps is so low....

Hey guys, i mained a warlock to a reasonably high standard throughout mop and early WoD. I changed to a boomie to help my old raid team but decided to go back to lock as i missed it. I have only the 2 set but i do have class trinket. Im so used to being on top of meters etc but i am finding myself actually middle of the pack which is odd. I ofcourse dont care about always being top as i know not all fights are best for locks but i somehow feel im missing something. If anyone could take a look at my char on armory and askmrrobot logs and offer any advice that would be great. Btw i've had a look around forum for best trinkets for destro/afflic but didnt find any concrete evidence of whats best. If someone would be so kind to lead me to the right post that would be fab. Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the stickies, also give us some link to armory or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Read the stickies, also give us some link to armory or something.
    Hey, yeah sorry i forgot to add my char name, its demongrol on silvermoon alliance.

Not quite sure if using F&B Immolate is good on this fight, Imps do not stay that long anyway, I rather burst them down with F&B Conf and CB.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're using a cancelaura for F&B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeexd View Post
    Not quite sure if using F&B Immolate is good on this fight, Imps do not stay that long anyway, I rather burst them down with F&B Conf and CB.
    F&B Immolate is not for the Imps.

Well how about some logs for your Lock? I mean, we all could now google you or look you up on warcraftlogs n shit but maybe you could point directly where to look. Also the question is: what does middle of the pack mean in your raid group? 30, 40 , 50, 60k ? Because maybe your damage is totally fine and but your Raid is just waybetter geared. Also dont forget that your ring isnt upgraded at all on your lock (dont know how far you are on your boomie) play both classes as well and there is a huge difference between a 780 and a 741 ring..

Also do you switch to Affli based on fight? I mean there are a lot of fights where affli is stronger.

side note : Does Glyph of Demon Training bring you any bonuses if you sac your demon anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatch7 View Post
    Hey, yeah sorry i forgot to add my char name, its demongrol on silvermoon alliance.
    From the very few logs you have it is clear that you are not using Havoc at all and not using Shadowburn enough.

These are not bonus spells - they are as mandatory as casting Incinerate or Chaos Bolt. Havoc pretty much needs to be used on CD unless there are no adds at all, Shadowburn needs to be used on any add that is about to die.

That is the basic idea of what is wrong, rest - go read in stickied guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    @avatar - you're doing fine. You seem to know what's up. You're just going to need some tries on these encounters and gear up. It's tough to step into a Mythic farm run undergeared. I look at some affliction parses like zakuun and you do everything you'd expect of a decent lock. As for xhul its pretty chaotic especially if you've never been there before but there's lots of encounter specific advice about that fight throughout this thread that I'll refer you to. If you have any more specific questions we're all ears.

Also, just compare what manax is doing. He's a good lock. If you look at his casts and actions (ie. How many CB he's casting vs. How many are hitting, Havoc use, SB casts vs hits, Buffs for dark soul use, F&B use) you'll get the hang of things.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-11-28 at 05:18 AM.

So not really sure where I can improve on this. Have really good uptimes on all dots even almost missing recasting them. Anything I can do to improve my DPS here or is it just gear?

log
    Armory

I'm using Heroic Class trinket 2/2 upgraded.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-11-29 at 07:58 AM.