Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin View Post
    SO after my guild broke up due to the ban hammer a few months back I decided to join a Mythic Guild and do some progression with them. All went well the 1st few nights as we were doing mostly heroics, and my DPS was fine then. We get to Mythics last week and I was told the strats and what to focus on ect... However my DPS tanked. I know I can be doing WAY more DPS I think I just need a few pointers, more so with Destro. Affliction im usually pretty good at except on Mythic I forget to recast UA a lot and I know that's my main issue with that. I did DL Affdots to make me more aware. Anyways if you guys can please take a look over my logs and let me know what could be done I would greatly appreciate it.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/cT7PYVj8HntMmJ3G#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=47

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Benched/simple
    Well can't help you with Affliction because I do not give a damn about it - I play entirely 100% of the time Destruction and I have no problem being 13/13M with it.

But Destruction-wise, on the only kill you play it - assault - I can see that you are not using enough Havoc, you should at least use it 2 times more if not 3, it should be almost always on cooldown especially on assault where the whole encounter you can cleave at any given moment. Also your F&B use is not the best, you need to be ready to blast things to bits before they come - in your case it seems you popped it when some of the stuff was dead already, meaning too late - you need to make sure to have 3+ embers before the AoE situation comes.

Finally - more Shadowburns, especially with Havoc.

Hi everyone,

Just curious as I can't seem to find any statistics on it.

But is there a rough % damage increase that DSI/uGoS/GSR trinket would have over any other trinket. Aka: Currently at my iLvL/Spec (Destro) I am sitting between 90th - 98th percentile compared to other players.

I'm currently using OOV and Prophecy of Fear (Prophecy being terrible and OOV being situation + not being able to Weak Aura/TellmeWhen the proc).

I'm finding with the terrible luck of trinket drops is there any decent alternatives due to destro being so massively Proc based?

Trying to find a rough figure % on how much my dps should theoretically increase just with having the right trinkets.

Here are some logs from the last few weeks of raiding - Please note many of these fights I have to sacrifice dps/avoidable damage to pick up the slack from some of our other less raid aware members (aka Running half a map to finish off Mythic Reaver bombs not inside my assigned quadrant etc etc)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat.../overview#c=28

If anyone has any pointers at all feel free to help.

Thanks all

Deleted
    Hey Warlocks mates!

This week im in progression on mythic Archimonde and i had some issue with my dps. I know that im kinda low on ilevel(only 729) while my raidmates were roughly at 735-40~~but im sure that even with my low ilevel i can really deal more damages. After a very short chat with my Warlock mates he told me that i don't use enough Shadowburn. I really don't know how to analyze logs correctly but i can see that on adds(Doomfire, Deathcaller, Infernals, Stars) im not so bad, even if on Dreadstalkers&Overfiend im really low, but it's clearly on boss damage that im the last just above tanks.

I really don't know how to deal more damage and that's why i need your help guys!
    Thank you so much for your answer

EDIT : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary
    Logs here ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raurk View Post
    Hey Warlocks mates!

This week im in progression on mythic Archimonde and i had some issue with my dps. I know that im kinda low on ilevel(only 729) while my raidmates were roughly at 735-40~~but im sure that even with my low ilevel i can really deal more damages. After a very short chat with my Warlock mates he told me that i don't use enough Shadowburn. I really don't know how to analyze logs correctly but i can see that on adds(Doomfire, Deathcaller, Infernals, Stars) im not so bad, even if on Dreadstalkers&Overfiend im really low, but it's clearly on boss damage that im the last just above tanks.

I really don't know how to deal more damage and that's why i need your help guys!
    Thank you so much for your answer

EDIT : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary
    Logs here ^
    You barely use Havoc and Shadowburn, I took a couple of your longest parses and amount of Havocs and Shadowburns you use in that time is roughly 1/3 of what I use for example (or even worse, some parse you did like 3 havocs and like 8 Shadowburns over 4 minutes which is pretty much wtf considering you have bloody adds dying there almost all the time).

Havoc needs to be literally on CD at all times, except for maybe during 20 seconds or so after p2 transition where you don't have adds and some times at P3 when you dance and nothing is coming soon and then every last add that comes to 20% HP - Shadowburn it's ass off, preferably with Havoc already on something else too. Both Havoc and Shadowburn are literally free damage and TONS of it and Destruction is balanced around abusing the shit out of it - it's not some "nicety" there - we are literally balanced around spamming these.

Once you get that figured out, you can do some dirty tricks, like at 55% when portal adds come, raid usually pops the ring - you should come there prepared with 4 Embers pop all the shit and toss AoE Chaos Bolt in a clump, then incinerate and another AoE Chaos Bolt and mop up the remaining shit with Shadowburns with Havoc on boss - your ring explosion will be epic not to mention you will annihilate the trash..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Raurk

After pre-casting Incinerate and Immolate, my first cast is usually Havoc before I move into my typical opener. That gives me a copied CB on the Doomfire right when it spawns, and then if I'm lucky enough these days to get a SB on the Doomfire for the ember return, Havoc is usually coming off cooldown so I can get it up on the boss again and copy a CB onto the Deathcaller just as your first Dark Soul is expiring. From there, just use it on CD pretty much (except for the start of p2 when there aren't any adds).

Good parses in my eyes come down to ember management and more importantly how many CB you cast over the encounter. In other words, I find it a bit wasteful to go spamming 6 or 7 shadowburns in a row. It can be a waste of embers. Your main goal should be to cast as many CB as you can and to use SB to regenerate the embers necessary to do that (takes a bit more control). So just using the dogs as an example, if you had a Havoc up on the boss and ~3 embers, you can snipe a dying dog with SB (copies to the boss and returns embers), launch a CB or two into the boss, snipe another dying dog with SB (copies to the boss and returns embers) launch another CB or two into the boss, and snipe another dying add with SB (copies to the boss and returns embers). That effectively nets you the damage of about 6 SB and 4 CB with close to full embers again. Do that under Dark Soul and now you're talking. Obviously depends on your group and how long the dogs are alive, etc.

Anyway, focus on casting as many CB as you can while using SB to regenerate embers. With using Havoc on CD (and pre-casting it properly) and good use of DS, you'll do fine.

Even with all that, I don't think you're going to be topping any meters coming out of p1 and p2 as Destro.

Deleted
    @Raurk

As the others suggested you need to use SB way more.
    10 casts off in a 7min fight is super low.

However i think you are using Havoc Glyph?
    I use this for Archi, purely for Infernal Damage. So i understand your choice but it doesn't seem like you are utilizing it properly
    You need to be quick to react with it, also a tip for infernals would be to place Havoc on the 2nd Infernal spawn and CBx2 on the 3rd. (then SB ASAP)
    I Also find using the glyph limits my Havoc + SB greatly, only real use i get out of it is during ph2 is when the adds spawn.

Ph1
    My opener : Inc > imo > Havoc > DG > CDs > con x2 > inc x3 > CBx2 (doomfire) > CB (if i have 2embers) > SB (doomfire) > standard prio
    I only use ONE DS & Havoc during this time.

Ph2
    Start with 4 embers
    Havoc boss and pop 2nd DS/ember dump into Death Caller (dont forget to SB)
    When adds spawn (if your guild moves to gate) FnB CB as much as you can (personally i only get one cast off) then Havoc + SB everything!
    As Gaidax said, this gets you insane ring damage if used. (also where i use my 3rd DS)

Ph3
    without going into too much detail.
    Going Desto you are there for prio damage so do not expect to top Boss damage.
    Save embers + havoc for infernal spawns.
    SB snipe void Stars + infernals
    Save embers for source of chaos.

Hope you find my exp helpful.

Deleted
    Hey warlock mates!
    Firstly thank you so much for your aswer!
    So yes i use the Havoc glyph Cobz for Doomfire on pull and for infernals last phase. As i have seen my dps is low because i don't use SB and Havoc properly and enough. Tonight we will do another progression raid on Archi and i will try to use your tips.

My only last question is : I rember that yesterday i used many CB without any trinket procs or weapon enchants. Is this a dps loss or i can keep do this ? ( only during p1/p2, because on last phase there are always some adds that i need to burn and when no adds were up i try to get little boss damage so i think it doesn't matter procs or not)

So again thank you so much see you later for others tips

(sorry i know my english is bad because im young and not english. If you don't understand something tell me i will try to reword my message )

10+ Year Old Account
    You should only be using Chaos Bolt without procs when you are about to cap embers or really have to nuke some priority target ASAP like Doomfire, Stars and Internals.

Deleted
    Ok, thank you again Gaidax. I will try all of your tips tonight and will tell you if my overall damage will be better

EDIT : So again thank you so much guys your advice worked very very well, now Mythic Archimonde is down for us.
    Last edited by mmoc2fae149bec; 2016-02-08 at 11:46 PM.

Hello there warlocks of MMO.

I'm looking for some help on behalf of someone else, I know very little about the class and it's specs and it's there for a tad difficult for me to help the person in question. So I were hoping you guys could sort us out with some constructive criticism.

I'm gonna break it down in segments as there's a few different things I'd like to ask about.

So the lock in question plays Destruction.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Vixxyvixen/advanced <--- Armory

Trinkets, we've spoken a lot about trinkets but as I said I don't know much. Available trinkets are "Sandman's pouch 6/6", "Heroic DSI", "Mythic GSR", "Normal Fragment of the dark star", "Heroic UGoS" and "Heroic PoF". (from what I can understand "PoF" is not a great destro trinket I believe). Which trinkets should be used and on what boss fights?

The lock also has the Heroic none tier head from Archi.

I'm gonna link a few logs from with different encounters from different nights.

Incase you didn't look at the armory link, the lock in question is "vixxyvixen".
    Logs:
    (cleave)
    1# warcraftlogs.com/reports/RATzcYwyGpv1V8J7#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=107
    2# warcraftlogs.com/reports/1c3AY7yF2xBGfRXa#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=6.
    3# warcraftlogs.com/reports/1JDTrdV9jPhxZaFy#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=3.

(single)

4# warcraftlogs.com/reports/xztKbaMC6NQ1VdAc#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=18.

(And Mannoroth)

5# warcraftlogs.com/reports/1c3AY7yF2xBGfRXa#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=6.

These are pretty much the locks best phrases. there were a few other ones I found for archi but their in French or so I believe, not sure as I cannot read em myself.

Anywho's I'd very much appreciate it if someone would take the time to give a details run down of what can/should/must be improved upon and possibly how to do so.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Ps: I hope I haven't added to many different logs but I just wanted to try and get across what the current situation is like.
    Last edited by themask; 2016-02-10 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @themask

He should use his DSI always and then as his 2nd trinket he can swap MGSR and UGoS depending on the encounter - though I think he can't go wrong with MGSR as his 2nd trinket always.

The main issue I see is questionable talent/glyph choices. He shouldn't be using the Glyph of Dark Soul - it's limiting his DS uptime. And he should always be playing with Grimoire of Sacrifice and Charred Remains. It doesn't appear that he knows he can cast FnB Chaos Bolt as those are non-existent in his logs and that's what does the damage on encounters like HFA, Iskar, and Xhul. If you go back through the last ~5pgs of this thread you can find some more info about stuff like that.

From there it's just about making sure that you have enough embers (3+) for when you need to FnB CB (pack of adds spawn). Outside of that, using Havoc well and maximizing Shadowburn opportunities is what it comes down to.

ay guys, I came here a while back and asked for some advice in this post;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post37015475

and got some advice from Styxxa. After a long winter break and some roster swapping, we're 12/13M and starting Archi. I've got a pretty comfortable spot at the top of our meters but as always, there's room for improvement. I notice a lot of the time that my parses are far off from many other players, so I'm just seeking fight specific tips on how to bridge the gap on Xhul, Manno, and tips for Archi coming up would be great. If you notice any hindrances in my performance, I'd love to work on them. I run with Mythic DSI and Sandman's Pouch, mostly because of lack of a better option as I'm comfortable with these two and tend to pass on trinkets to people that need them more. Here are a couple logs;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1800

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1795

And if anyone has any advice for anyone else on my raid team, I'd be sure to pass it along but won't ask for that much from y'all

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey again, Jondar. Gz on 12/13.

Re: Trinkets: What are your other options? Mythic GSR? Class Trinket? Heirloom (Orb of Voidsight)? Those could get some play over Sandman's.

About Xhul, if you go back in this thread a few pages you'll find some advice about this encounter. You're doing well, but you should make sure you have 3+ embers for every Imp spawn so you can get an FnB CB off straight away. I find even on your best parse you're not casting FnB CB enough. There should be at least 1 cast for every Imp spawn. The Class Trinket isn't too bad for Destro on that encounter as you can build up a 5-stack of Flamelicked on Xhul and the 2 big adds with FnB Incin and still have the 3+ embers to cast an FnB CB when the next wave of Imps spawn.

On Mannoroth the OoV trinket is quite good and it's the same idea as Xhul - making sure you have the embers ready for FnB CB on the Imps then exploiting Havoc + SB.

Honestly, the thing holding you back more than anything is your kill times - they're quite long. Xhul has easily become a sub-3-minute encounter with Lust on pull (in which Affliction shines) and Mannoroth is more like a 5-min encounter these days. Much easier to do well during shorter encounters.

About Arhci, the OoV trinket is good here as well and you can check here for some advice: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hic-archimonde

I like the idea of Destro on progress with the glyph of Havoc and really focusing on topping the meters on Infernal damage in the last phase. Actually, just check further up this page there's some talk about Archimonde as well.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-02-12 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    Hello Folks!

I am new to Warlock and I am currently playing affliction.

I did some HFC today and I think I should be doing better. Can you please advise?

www_warcraftlogs_com/reports/94b6WJPH7qDFKQh1/#fight=56 (check only the HC kills).

eu_battle_net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Minimalismm/simple

I feel embarrassed to make an account just to post this, but anyway...

I did a HC Zakuun as affli and there was a similar ilvl warlock. He did 179k, I did 139k...
    I checked the logs as much as I can and tried to understand the difference, but can't find the real reason behind this.

warcraftlogs /reports/aGFHrt8jnLgBWqmN

Aye my trinket procs were low; I summoned Doomguard at the end and it was wrong; Somehow my Nithramus didn't explode at the end but his did.. But whatever, it's still a huuuge difference.

Casts and uptimes were much similar, but that difference...

i.e. His full stack Agony at the end does 18 x 33.9k = 610k damage, but my Agony does 15 x 21.9k = 329k..
    warcraftlogs /reports/aGFHrt8jnLgBWqmN/#type=damage-done&source=27&start=1313066&end=1332429

That's nearly the double amount. How does that happen?
    Only difference is his Voidsight procced and mine didn't.. But would that make a double difference? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any insights? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanYegah View Post
    I feel embarrassed to make an account just to post this, but anyway...

I did a HC Zakuun as affli and there was a similar ilvl warlock. He did 179k, I did 139k...
    I checked the logs as much as I can and tried to understand the difference, but can't find the real reason behind this.

warcraftlogs /reports/aGFHrt8jnLgBWqmN

Aye my trinket procs were low; I summoned Doomguard at the end and it was wrong; Somehow my Nithramus didn't explode at the end but his did.. But whatever, it's still a huuuge difference.

Casts and uptimes were much similar, but that difference...

i.e. His full stack Agony at the end does 18 x 33.9k = 610k damage, but my Agony does 15 x 21.9k = 329k..
    warcraftlogs /reports/aGFHrt8jnLgBWqmN/#type=damage-done&source=27&start=1313066&end=1332429

That's nearly the double amount. How does that happen?
    Only difference is his Voidsight procced and mine didn't.. But would that make a double difference? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any insights? :P
    His Voidsight proc'd way more than yours. 7 times for 62% (86s) vs. your 4 times for 28% (39s). For 47s more than you he had 10% damage increase on the boss (let alone the haste, mastery, crit). His Haunt was also up for 88% (122s) vs. your 66% (91s). That's 30s more than you of 35% damage increase on his DoTs. This stuff starts to compound on shorter fight lengths. His Doomguard did nearly 1M more damage than yours - not insignificant.

Regarding the ring, if that final explosion overkills the boss then not everyone gets credit for the explosion. Who exactly gets the credit has been debated but I don't recall it ever getting truly solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nikikostadinow View Post
    Hello Folks!

I am new to Warlock and I am currently playing affliction.

I did some HFC today and I think I should be doing better. Can you please advise?

www_warcraftlogs_com/reports/94b6WJPH7qDFKQh1/#fight=56 (check only the HC kills).

eu_battle_net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Minimalismm/simple
    You'd do better with DSI + FotDS. The OoV won't do much for you on non-demon encounters. The legendary ring also makes a big difference. Keeping your Haunting Spirits buff at 100% is paramount and you seem to let it drop off quite a bit on just about every encounter.

I can use any insight you can give me on Mythic Archi:

warcraftlogs /reports/nMpL7RKr9cfgmkVb/#type=damage-done&fight=49&source=14

Tried some as affli, some as destro. Sometimes the doomfire died too fast, sometimes slow. So I started using 2, even 3 shards to nuke it, but still had low damage on that, and even lower overall. I used OoV because top DPS parsers were using it, but then I starved for shards whenever I used shards on doomfire.

I am not a top DPS usually, but I get blue/purple logs at times I don't fail.
    On this one, it was just gray all the time and I couldn't figure it out.

Anyone to give me some pointers?
    Last edited by SultanYegah; 2016-02-14 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sultan

I wasn't a fan of Affliction during progression - especially since you guys are using lust in p3 - which to me means you're trying to get through that Void Stars/Infernals/Seething Corruption combo. In my opinion, Warlocks should top the damage on Infernals. One way to help with that is to play Destruction with the Glyph of Havoc. That way you can Havoc 2xCB onto 2 of the Infernals, which under the effect of DS is pretty massive. You and the other Warlock are consistently at the bottom of the Infernal damage (even though he's playing Destruction).

You shouldn't expect to top the meters anymore with a Warlock on this encounter - especially not when you have as many mages, rogues and hunters as you do. But the 2 places that a Warlock excels in this encounter are 1) Boss damage as Affliction if you're trying to push 1 doomfire with lust on pull; and 2) Add damage as Destro (Doomfire, Deathcallers, Infernals). If you go with Destro, you'll do much better on add damage by saving 3+ embers for spawns and the Glyph of Havoc actually has a nice flow in p1 and p2 until it becomes really useful in p3.

As it stands, you're not doing that much damage to Archimonde and still getting 2 doomfires and you're not helping much on the adds so you have to choose which job you're going to do and do it well (I'd recommend going Destro and doing the add damage until you decide to lust on pull).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanYegah View Post
    I can use any insight you can give me on Mythic Archi:

warcraftlogs /reports/nMpL7RKr9cfgmkVb/#type=damage-done&fight=49&source=14

Tried some as affli, some as destro. Sometimes the doomfire died too fast, sometimes slow. So I started using 2, even 3 shards to nuke it, but still had low damage on that, and even lower overall. I used OoV because top DPS parsers were using it, but then I starved for shards whenever I used shards on doomfire.

I am not a top DPS usually, but I get blue/purple logs at times I don't fail.
    On this one, it was just gray all the time and I couldn't figure it out.

Anyone to give me some pointers?
    Listen, as a Destruction Warlock (which is bloody what you should be on progress on Archimonde) your most important and most sacred duty at which you should pretty much own everyone else is killing Doomfires, Infernals and other adds.

You need to decide here and now whether you want to try to whore meters (a battle you will lose simply due to ilvl and simply because it's an uphill battle for warlocks as a whole for this one) or actually be very useful to your raid and your way to be useful is to spec Destruction and when Doomfire or Infernals or Deathcaller (P2 only) appear - Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn their ass off, even if you have 0 procs running, because these things need to die FAST.

If you will be like 10-12th on total damage done but 1st-3rd on Doomfire and Infernals - you did good.

Other than that - you need to do more Shadowburns and more Shadowburn cleaves too, you use Havoc ok-ish, but it seems only exclusively on Chaos Bolt, which is a mistake. You could have around 10 more Chaos Bolts simply by gaining shards from extra Shadowburns.

Another tip is when P2 55% adds come out of the portal and your raid pops ring - prepare beforehand 4 Embers and AoE roflstomp the adds BBQ style AoE Chaos Bolt, Incin, AoE Chaos Bolt, Havoc Arch and Shadowburn the crap out of remaining adds. I am getting almost 3 million ring explosions on Archimonde with this tactic and obliterate adds at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Another tip is when P2 55% adds come out of the portal and your raid pops ring - prepare beforehand 4 Embers and AoE roflstomp the adds BBQ style AoE Chaos Bolt, Incin, AoE Chaos Bolt, Havoc Arch and Shadowburn the crap out of remaining adds. I am getting almost 3 million ring explosions on Archimonde with this tactic and obliterate adds at the same time.
    I tried to do that a few times actually, but as the raid is spread, I found myself trying to AoE 2 adds mostly..

How do you make sure you get the adds? By standing close to their spawn and shadowfury/insta nuke?

We also happened to have wreaking havoc and chains together while the adds are active most of the times, so it was kinda chaotic to focus on adds..

Any particular tips on how to do that AoE barbecue?