Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ...
    Just a quick question about Destro on Mythic Archi -

what do you guys do to optimize DPS? I've played Aff almost exclusively but am now dabbling with Destro and find I cap out around 80-90k. What do you guys do to squeeze out all the DPS you can?

Like, havoc usages.. do you FnB the adds in p2.. how do you optimize infernal damage.. when do you bank embers.. etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post

what do you guys do to optimize DPS? I've played Aff almost exclusively but am now dabbling with Destro and find I cap out around 80-90k. What do you guys do to squeeze out all the DPS you can?

Like, havoc usages.. do you FnB the adds in p2.. how do you optimize infernal damage.. when do you bank embers.. etc.
    Bank Embers?? Whats that? :P

It is always the same thing with Destruction.
    Optimizing Havoc usage
    successful FnB casts (pre casting)
    SB sniping

Good Positioning alongside knowing when to use that extra DS charge is also something to perfect.

The rest is down to your Proc Luck, Kill Time and how good your other DPS are at cheesing things you are trying to cheese!

10+ Year Old Account
    Of about 25 kills I haven't pushed more than about 105k (usually between 90-100k) - it's tough as Destro. Mostly it's been because I've used the Glyph of Havoc to maximize damage on Infernals in p3. Certainly lust on pull helps, which I've never benefited from as we've always used it in p3 and I think raid stacking for the 2nd set of dogs to maximize FnB damage is a plus. Ultimately though it's about maximizing your number of casts/hits of Chaos Bolts through the use of Havoc and regenerating embers with timely Shadowburns.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Certainly lust on pull helps, which I've never benefited from as we've always used it in p3
    I've made the opposite experience, p3-bl makes our weak phase (dps-wise) much shorter
    And yeah the fight is all about SB, on all my top kills(115-125k) I had SB do atleast 50% of my cb-dmg

AOE-cb with ring on dreadstalkers in great to squeez a few more dps out, but it wont make or break a solid try.
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-06-09 at 11:08 AM.

Hi, I've played Warlock for years (Demo since Wotlk to HFC) but I've switched to Affliction, which I'm not really the best at. Not experienced with Affliction whatsoever. I'm trying to learn it, but my DPS is still disappointingly low for my gear level, especially on Archimonde. I know in the last phase, I panic a bit and my DoT's arnt refreshed the best (yet!) but I'm trying to figure out where else I'm going wrong. It's becoming frustrating too see myself so low on the charts. Really just looking for pointers on where i can improve.

Armory link (same gear for Demo and Aff): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haege/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1799

Quote Originally Posted by Rrhage View Post
    Hi, I've played Warlock for years (Demo since Wotlk to HFC) but I've switched to Affliction, which I'm not really the best at. Not experienced with Affliction whatsoever. I'm trying to learn it, but my DPS is still disappointingly low for my gear level, especially on Archimonde. I know in the last phase, I panic a bit and my DoT's arnt refreshed the best (yet!) but I'm trying to figure out where else I'm going wrong. It's becoming frustrating too see myself so low on the charts. Really just looking for pointers on where i can improve.

Armory link (same gear for Demo and Aff): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haege/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1799
    on the last kill(archi 5th june), you had SB:Haunt run out way to often, same with dots
    your 2. Dark Soul makes no sense, it neither aligned to some trinkts nor to use the end of bloodlust
    also you dont align it with ring, you could have popped it one more time
    use your shards on infernals on Soulswap instead of Haunt
    use drain soul for more soulshards and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    on the last kill(archi 5th june), you had SB:Haunt run out way to often, same with dots
    your 2. Dark Soul makes no sense, it neither aligned to some trinkts nor to use the end of bloodlust
    also you dont align it with ring, you could have popped it one more time
    use your shards on infernals on Soulswap instead of Haunt
    use drain soul for more soulshards and use them.
    Thank you ^-^ I'll definitely work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post

On a sub 7 minute kill you should easily be able to push 100k+ DPS. There's no reason to swap to Destro unless you really need the add damage in p3, otherwise Aff does way more boss damage. You'll want to line up Dark Soul with ring every time, and setup Portal so you can dodge the chains and move from point A to B faster. Ultimately you want your average Chaos Bolt damage to be as high as possible, so that means using them as much as possible during procs.

On pull I've been using one Dark Soul with hero, and as soon as I get either another Voidsight or DSI proc (or both) during hero, I use the other. Precasting Havoc around 6-8 seconds before the Deathcaller add comes out EVERY TIME can mean a lot of extra damage. Try and get a Chaos Bolt cleave onto the Doomfire if you can, along with a Shadowburn during ring on pull.

In phase 2, you'll want to get at least 2 Havoc'd Chaos bolts off on Arch + Deathcaller, and Shadowburn spam when the add is below 20%. For the dogs, you will want to Shadowburn as much as possible with the boss Havoc'd, until you cap on embers, then switch to boss and dumb Chaos Bolts into him during ring, and switching back to dogs whenever they are below 20% for extra embers. If the boss is Havoc'd and ring is about to run out then it's still worth it to Shadowburn cleave even at capped embers, but ONLY if the boss is Havoc'd. Otherwise, use Chaos bolt when you hit 3+ Embers on Arch, and Shadowburn snipe dogs if you are at 2 or less embers. You theoretically should be able to get 6 Shadowburn cleaves here, preferably during ring, unless the hunters are sniping them all or there just aren't enough dogs in execute range. On paper it sounds easy, but optimal target switching is fairly difficult in such a short time span, and this is where you can get a HUGE ring. IMO AoEing here is dumb unless your raid is stacked under the boss and all the dogs are very close together.

When you push into the nether, set up your Portal at your dedicated soak point. Optimal pooling of embers for Infernals/Void stars and pre-casting Havoc before Source of Chaos is important. Generally the same rule of thumb applies to both the Deathcaller and Source of Chaos; 2 Chaos Bolt cleaves and then spam Shadowburn on them till they die. For Infernals and Void Stars you'll want to make sure Havoc is up, and instantly Havoc 1 Infernal/Star, and then Chaos Bolt another. Shadowburn spam the Infernals/Stars as much as you can because you want those to die ASAP. Glyphed Conflagrate also helps a lot for the void star slow. If your healers are good then you can leave Burning Rush on most of the time in this phase as getting from point A to B faster is a dps gain.

This macro is extremely helpful in situations where you are low HP and Infernals are about to land. I personally run with glyphed Unending Resolve so I don't have it in the macro, but you can add it in for the emergency situation. I prefer Sac Pact over Dark Bargain on this fight, because you can survive a Shadowfel Burst solo with Shadow Bulwark + Sac Pact.

#showtooltip Command Demon
    /cast Command Demon
    /use Healing Tonic
    /cast Sacrificial Pact

I hope this helps a lot. Mostly it will just come down to how well you perform specifically with cleaving and executing. Also be sure you're using DSI and Orb of Voidsight for every attempt. Good luck!

I think a big thing with my Destro on Archi is that I haven't really had time to learn the timings because of how fast we'd been killing it. Having 450+ pulls as Aff and then immediately jumping to Destro while expecting to do similar numbers was a little off-putting. However, last lockout we had some new guys in so we had quite a few P3 wipes so I was finally able to get some good practice in.

Ended at 106k on Destro on Archi (82%) and 157k on Manno (97%)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=10

Kind of notice that I'm struggling with using my single target Chaos Bolts effectively in fear of missing out on some FnB/Havoc SB's, but that will come with time.

Thanks for the suggestions guys ^^

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xthKT7FPZRv2cbVA can someone tell me what i did wrong on m arch as demo

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I am seriously considering going Affliction as my MS in Legion. I've played Destro for years now and considered my self fairly proficient with that, but Aff less so. I tried it out in our Heroic raid last night and am looking for some feedback in regards to my performance.

My spec was probably not the best and I was trying to get out CD's etc and get a feel for how this plays. I just don't know if I'm missing anything....put dots on everything and spam UA when you get to 4 shards or Seed when you have adds?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6DG7yb#boss=-2

Hello guys!

I'm recently came back from a 3 months break from raiding and I've seen that there has been some changes for warlocks. I've decided to give demonology a try so I've been raiding 2 times now since I came back but I lack DPS compared to my fellow guildmate. I've tried to understand the demonology guide at icy-veins but I've failed. So I hope that you guys can help me out or recommend a demonology guide that isn't from icy-veins or noxxic that is viable in the pre-patch.

Since I'm a new member here, I'm not allowed to post links, images or videos. But the logs are up on warcraftlogs. I'm raiding with Unity on Frostmane-EU.

English isn't my first language so sorry if I made some grammar/spelling errors.

/Destro